Should Rei restat to pew pew arcane?

2»

Comments

• King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    oh btw many people are saying heavy build is expensive. it's NOT expensive! just takes some minutes from your life to browse auction house every day! OK if you have a deep wallet to get all items with 3 stat adds great but that's not the only way to play decently with a heavy veno!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    you didnt quote my thing about you saying someone can sage amp in gamma lol.

20% still, -big deal. Emo troll!
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • fuzzz
    fuzzz Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    the stat addon gear isnt even a quater of the reason why HA venos are expensive..
    its because u need to refine ur gear alot
    especially your weapon

and rei are you really gonna restat :(
    ur guide was the only reason i decided to go HA in the first place ... and now this T_T
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    fuzzz wrote: »
    the stat addon gear isnt even a quater of the reason why HA venos are expensive..
    its because u need to refine ur gear alot
    especially your weapon

and rei are you really gonna restat :(
    ur guide was the only reason i decided to go HA in the first place ... and now this T_T

Please say AA/HA. HA is not expensive. You have enough str to wear the armor with not req. AA/HA is when you do need all of that. But even then, I doubt it is expensive. It just may be time consuming.
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • fuzzz
    fuzzz Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Well like i said the only true expense is the sharding and refining of gear...
    the mats can very well be farmed by yourself. time consuming, yes, but free
    but the refining and sharding is a major pain.

you need to have a high refine on the weapon to make up for the loss of mag
    you need to refine ur armours to atleast +5 cause of the low hp pool
    you need to shard with at the very least flawless for the hp

this build (Ha caster) is pricey lol
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    Hisuna - Sanctuary Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I really don't think you should restat either. When I get home this afternoon I'll see if I can find time to get on and get full buffs to show all my stats. I was pure magic until level 86, and I only recently restatted. There's no hope of me ever going back. Aside from the ability to solo spam heal a very miniscule number of TT bosses, absolutely nothing has changed for me in a negative way. On the upside, the majority of the time in PvE I feel basically unkillable. I was even able to tank Polearm in TT70 HA with 3500 HP with a cleric healing and purifying. (level 83 cleric)

Now I have tt80 HA and 4100-4200 HP depending on armor combo, and it's even more ridiculous. The refines on the armor are very low, +1 everything except sleeves which are +2.

And honestly I just have to say, my magic attack really didn't go down all that much. I thought it was going to be this catastrophic loss, but my magic attack is still around 7k with the cleric magic buff. (Max)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The family is a haven in a heartless world.
    Once a Guardian, Always a Guardian. Element: Fire.
  • Sadpuma - Heavens Tear
    Sadpuma - Heavens Tear Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Can the arcane venomancers give me a little more incentive or better arguement for switching? I'm looking at the pvp aspect of it, pve will just come along with it naturally.

Any pvp experienced venomancers like to put forward their view on killing/surviving the other classes as an arcane?

Being a PVP Arcane Veno is awesome! I have always been arcane and been in PK mode since i was 60 and i nearly never shut it off. Surviving I dont doubt is easier in HA, but i dont have any particular problems. In fox form and using regular pots in a 1v1 (pk of course, no duels here) I have more physical defense than magical (sage fox FTW). For the most part I can litereally sit there and not do a thing besides pot and i am almost unkillable in fox (you do have to worry about crits and zerks :-(

Stealing aggro from my pet always happens for me at the moment because of my higher crit %, but dosen't phase me since the defense I have blah blah blah. I suppose this would become a more worrying situation as an arcane veno? I remember it was when I was a little nooblet. I know the cost of HP would be higher, but I think HP would be more of a concern for me as pvp instead of what little more P.def I can gain?

I never had too many roblems stealing aggro till i hit my 90's and started refineing my weapon. Stealing aggro is a big problem. You cant constantly hit mobs other wise you will steal aggro. For soloing dungeons it becomes very annoying and you end up using your a charm a bit, unless you want to take your time. I also have 10% crit so that doesnt help either.

Most of the opponents I face all go nuts for HP, i've got to be able to match them to survive and kill. I get idiots telling me I cant survive certain bosses/mobs/ganks just 'cus i'm a venomancer, boy do their minds change quickly :]
    You may not refine yourself as you see it a waste in coin to do so since you need the souledge of it to upgrade, but I cant have my magic attack sitting at a lower rate compared to my enemie's +5 lol.

Being Veno's our attack WILL be lower than other magic users, bc we have pets. The game was designed that way. Despite this I have no problems going into battle and killing without a nix. Although i guess it may be fair to mention that my current weap is lunar gold and my previous was a wraith conq. refined to 8.

There hasnt been a barb on this server that has challenged me to a 1v1 that i havent killed, (and yes this is without a pet). BM's are a MUCH harder class to kill 1v1, and IMO shows whether or not you have 'skill' as a veno. I have killed every BM on the server without a pet as well. (Although with Curse's current gear he wins more often than id like :-/ ). BM's win more often in general bc of their stun lock. Archers hit like a train but go into fox mode and get close, jump out of fox and kill em. Most archers drop in 3-4 hits.

Im not fully aware of all the advantages you had in HA fox. But of course going arcane your phys attack goes out the window. I'm only in fox for the sage skills (purge, amp,soul deg) and for the defense. Other than that i stay human. Wizards still fall like cake, clerics are always a bit harder to take bc they can heal themselves.

Some venos consider other PvP venos their greatest threat. All i can say to this, is learn to fight without your damn pet. If you become good at it, you will have a MAJOR leg up. You ask a veno for a 1v1 without a pet. They say no, everytime.... This includes the 'elite' PvP venos in the server.... IMO it really sucks that so many of you hide behind your nix for attack (or the bleed skill )

I can understand being HA and using it so much bc your attack is nerfed quite a bit. As arcane, yes our attack is weaker than other magic users, but we also have some incredible skills that other class only dream of (Especially as a Sage). If you want to be a better arcane PvP veno, learn to stand your ground and not run when your damn bird dies....

Good luck in making a decision. If you like Rei, Im usually out at west gate looking for kills and challenging 1v1's. You can come out and take a look.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • williamzeo
    williamzeo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    You was my model for heavy fox, saying that you want to give up really break up my heart =x
  • Omega_Shift - Heavens Tear
    Omega_Shift - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    williamzeo wrote: »
    You was my model for heavy fox, saying that you want to give up really break up my heart =x

I second that. b:sad
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Alright well i've made up my mind for now, I guess I just got a little pissed at the recent in game economic crisis and forgot why I even went heavy in the first place xD

I'll stay HA/AA lol. I'm already used to going OMG MUST TAKE AGGRO (on self) when squishies get hurt in dungeons. (Sometimes I forget I have a pet >.>;) I like taking damage and surviving party wipes, and wiping grins of BMs face's. I've still got a ways to go, I guess all I need to do is find a way to increase my magic attack. Dunno if you were reffering to me puma but I've had to fight without a nix/pet alot in pvp, they die you know :[

@ Whoever saying heavy isn't expensive. Sure it isn't if you're a heavy only wearing caster. I've got 2 TT90 sets, well 1 and a half, got 2 peices of my arcane to get yet. I need to +4/5 my arcane gear and planning to put immac shards in it to get it up to par with my heavy. I'd preffer to have as least HP drop as possible when switching out my M. and P. resistances. Apart from that, getting HP without vit is expensive alone. Had my helmet and robe +'ed to 5 and everything with a slot is sharded with a HP gem apart from my weapon.

Also had to +5 my weapon for higher M.attack. xD
    I'll still come watch ya in action at west gate puma. I still feel like there's more I need to learn about pvp >_>;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    And honestly I just have to say, my magic attack really didn't go down all that much. I thought it was going to be this catastrophic loss, but my magic attack is still around 7k with the cleric magic buff. (Max)

What's your channeling at? That's the real loss, unless you decided to just melee, in which case I wonder how your dps is compared to an arcane venos. Heavy always looks to me to trade off some offense for some defense, which can be rather useful at times, but not always.
  • sandaili
    sandaili Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Being a PVP Arcane Veno is awesome! I have always been arcane and been in PK mode since i was 60 and i nearly never shut it off. Surviving I dont doubt is easier in HA, but i dont have any particular problems.

Can you post your build, is it one of the typical arcane builds? I'm having trouble sticking with a guide and would like to peek at what others have done.

For the HA veno - can you post your breakdown as well? I've read the guides but it seems all venos are a little off the guides. I have to decide what I want to be when I grow up :P
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    No HA venomancer is the same, all our stats will vary from HA veno to HA veno simply because there's no stat guide set in stone for it. You need to be completly self reliant and have the patience to plan ahead aswell set aside coins, my guide posted up the top is nothing more than a "rough draft".

There's so many things you can do for a venomancer and there's not enough room on the forums for a guide of each. Some play by guides until they're comortable to be able to build and level on their own experience and knowledge. You may even reset a few times over until you've made a final decision on what you want. In any case, my stats and gear are posted on my guide and are up-to-date to the point that I quit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Rei what do you think about this?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.