Should Rei restat to pew pew arcane?

Reikara - Heavens Tear
Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
edited November 2009 in Venomancer
I've been considering this a bit latley, when you get to 90+, things change a hell of alot thanks to demon/sage and uber gear.

My current build is very expensive, and latley I haven't been able to keep up the cost of it. I'm still trying to get the last of my TT90 arcane, after that i've also gotta refine it to +5 and shard it with flawless/perfect to get it somewhere near my +5 heavy bonuses.

I was weighing up the pros and cons. I'm considering changing for pvp purposes. My magic attack is so incredibly terrible at the moment, level 70 clerics have more than me. It's laughable. I really liked the nutty physical defense and fox skills, but it's really gimping my human skills. I think by now i'd rather go nuts with refines and HP shards on one set and just have nukage pew pew power.

The cons would be:
I lose my physical attack and defense.
I lose the ability to use most of my fox skills that require str/dex.
I've based my 89 cultivation upon my current fox/human build

The Pros would be:
Once I get my TT90 arcane, I sell my heavy set and can afford everything I need.
Sage still has some really good bonuses for human skills, and I can still get sage purge/amp.
I get far more nuking power.
I get higher HP.
I'm able to solo some bosses I couldn't before.

I'd never go back to light armour, I've been there. Hated it. Completly useless build imo. However something that I learnt from my heavy build that I could apply to my arcane build if I switched:

Heavy venomancers are only able to wear their gear by getting +stat ornaments, they usually end up with an extra +90-100 stats from this.
Say if I were to ignore this whole channeling thing (lets face it, venos dont need channeling as much as clerics and wizards do) and if I were to get say some 90-100+ stats from my ornaments that added magic/vit.... That'd be pretty damn nice right?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Reikara - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Peritia - Lost City
    Peritia - Lost City Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Blasphemy.

Our pioneer is abandoning us. D:

I'm a touch behind you (as a heavy hybrid sage veno), so it's hard to say, but my view on veno PVP is that our staying alive and debuffing is far more valuable in group dynamics than our laughable magic attack though.

Of course, that's just my immediate reaction. Still need to weigh pros/cons.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    Yeah, it's just become really hard now since gold's shot through the roof. I'm not able to spend RL cash on this, and I don't have all the time in the world to farm enough to get on top.

I really love this build but as far as my standing in pvp is at the moment, I completly fail. My enemies have all got 6k HP+ and insane attack. I can survive if it isn't an archer or high level wizard, but being able take down my opponent is a whole other thing. It's just a charm fest these days.

Another con I though of, there'd be a few players who'd love to rub it in my face that I had to restat from heavy. ('Cus it fails) >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I'm arcane, pure mag and have almost as much pdef as mdef in fox with garnets and optional equips. I aslo have the equips for soloing bosses or grinding mag mobs. At 92 I can solo world bosses and even throw attacks between heals. I can grind fast = level fast / make coin. Good pve = good pvp imo (level faster, afford better gears / upgrades). Also, I don't refine past +2 on weapon or imbue which means less loss when trading up on TT weap. When it comes down to it, coin helps you win and I believe that arcane is best bang for the buck. Just compare prices of garnets to citrines or saphires. Arcane doesn't need citrines or saphires.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    I'd need to refine my weapon, I can't pvp at the same level of others with little to no refines. I do agree that pve=pvp, alot of players and guilds fail to understand this. My guild had some QQ drama that no one would come for backup when they had a gank against another guild a little while ago. I responded that I was trying to get a TT run to get my TT90 arcane gear.

To that, they responded "you don't need gear if you have skill." Now, as uber important that it is to have pvp skill, you could have all the skill in the world with garbage npc EQs. Now your opponent comes along who's got mold/TT highly refined gear comes along and one shots you by /facerolling his keyboard. You need both to win.

I don't think i'd need p.def shards as an arcane venomancer. My view is that you have so little of it why not just maxmise your HP instead. I've got sage fox form which adds at least +1k pdef as it is. o.O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Imamandamnit - Heavens Tear
    Imamandamnit - Heavens Tear Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Yeah, it's just become really hard now since gold's shot through the roof. I'm not able to spend RL cash on this, and I don't have all the time in the world to farm enough to get on top.

I really love this build but as far as my standing in pvp is at the moment, I completly fail. My enemies have all got 6k HP+ and insane attack. I can survive if it isn't an archer or high level wizard, but being able take down my opponent is a whole other thing. It's just a charm fest these days.

Another con I though of, there'd be a few players who'd love to rub it in my face that I had to restat from heavy. ('Cus it fails) >.>

Eh,you always knew itd be expensive to get the most out of the build,whats changed there...as for the hp,i got 5.5k and my gears no where near finished,only 3-2 sockets immac citrines and only +4,with the money your hp would be on a par with enemies...dunno why you said cus it fails,not having the money to complete the build doesnt mean it fails^^

Go look at that my en heavy veno to see its true potential,old post around here with her old screens in it,someone here might have that screen still?

So many venos on this game that all go the same boring old way :(
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    No I didn't say it fails. That was the idiot's opinion who know nothing about venomancers. I knew it'd be expensive, of course. But the recent spike in gold (500+ per) has blown everything far out of proportion. The thing that i'm most worried about, is that after the first anni packs spike the gold stayed around 300kish. I don't see gold sellers selling lower than 500k after this anni pack event.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Grayroses - Heavens Tear
    Grayroses - Heavens Tear Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I'm a demon venomancer using only heavy armor and til now everything was ok in pve/pvp, except with wizes and high lvl clerics (who prove to be a challenge). I wish I had gone sage though. After I've seen what heavy armor can do for a veno, there is no turning back for me. I'm going for TT99 gold armor and weapon atm, eventhough it shall take me months of farming for that. Imagine that extra hp. :)
    Forum trolls are **** beings who find pleasure in picking on other forum users,trying to bully them. Probably kids or antisocial people, feeding themselves with burgers,chips and soda, 23/7 in front of a PC, they are trying to release their frustration through moronic posts. My advice for them is:get a life (girlfriend,job,pet) or visit a **** site to release your anger and hate due to lack of parental love in childhood. Have fun!
  • /NiKi - Lost City
    /NiKi - Lost City Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    i wouldnt call it old boring way tho..most of high lvl venos are LA or HA,
    rarely u gonna see arcane..i stayed arcane cuz i dont wanna lack in dmg even more
    since i am hybrid,alot of vitality points + i dont wanna depend on nix only when it comes to pvp.
    as sage with garnet shards in equipment and in fox form
    i got even better pdef then some la users higher lvl then me..and thats without buffs b:chuckle
    every build got his advantages depends what u want from ur character b:surrender
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    b:shockedNo fudg'n way...
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    All I can say is, Tear's guide awaits you :P. Use it like your bible 8D.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Kitsuneh - Lost City
    Kitsuneh - Lost City Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    You should not restat. You will lose ability to kill those evil wizards/clerics/arcane venos.. Well atleast it will be harder
  • Imamandamnit - Heavens Tear
    Imamandamnit - Heavens Tear Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    No I didn't say it fails. That was the idiot's opinion who know nothing about venomancers. I knew it'd be expensive, of course. But the recent spike in gold (500+ per) has blown everything far out of proportion. The thing that i'm most worried about, is that after the first anni packs spike the gold stayed around 300kish. I don't see gold sellers selling lower than 500k after this anni pack event.

My bad i misunderstood,and if gold stays at 500k after event its not worth stayin on in this gameb:shocked
  • tweakz
    edited October 2009
    I've got sage fox form which adds at least +1k pdef as it is. o.O

Sage Fox grants a 150% physical defense increase, and multiplies nothing on HP. While you get +1k boost, I currently get +3862. Aside from mag and phys dmg, there is nothing and I'm already covered on mag by being pure mag/ arcane so I don't need much HP. While others leech 600 hp a hit, they get a much smaller percentage of HP back. Same with pots, transfuse, etc. HP shards do run much higher if you prefer to bling out. You also have to deal with the idiots that tell you you can't survive something's AoE because you don't have enough HP. b:chuckle I don't refine past +2 to not only save coin but because I am already stealing aggro from my Nix, and already have more than enough healing power to solo World Bosses. If I were more into PvP, I'd consider it though.
    All I can say is, Tear's guide awaits you :P. Use it like your bible 8D.

That guide sucks. You may be able to succeed with it, but you won't excell.
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    Can the arcane venomancers give me a little more incentive or better arguement for switching? I'm looking at the pvp aspect of it, pve will just come along with it naturally.

Any pvp experienced venomancers like to put forward their view on killing/surviving the other classes as an arcane? (Sorry I am considering your input tweakz, just looking for input from a pvp arcane veno.)

Stealing aggro from my pet always happens for me at the moment because of my higher crit %, but dosen't phase me since the defense I have blah blah blah. I suppose this would become a more worrying situation as an arcane veno? I remember it was when I was a little nooblet. I know the cost of HP would be higher, but I think HP would be more of a concern for me as pvp instead of what little more P.def I can gain?

Most of the opponents I face all go nuts for HP, i've got to be able to match them to survive and kill. I get idiots telling me I cant survive certain bosses/mobs/ganks just 'cus i'm a venomancer, boy do their minds change quickly :]
    You may not refine yourself as you see it a waste in coin to do so since you need the souledge of it to upgrade, but I cant have my magic attack sitting at a lower rate compared to my enemie's +5 lol.

P.S @ Imamandamnit. Sorry guess I could've made it a little clear, did look like I was saying it fails. If you were a gold seller and gold was sitting at 500k+ during an event do you think you'd lower it afterwards or continue selling at an inflated price making millions of profit? xD

It'd only lower if the GMs stepped in and put in some kind of coin sink event or Jolly jones or whatever u_u;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    thumbs down to restat!b:angry

I guess you don't know how it feels to be a squishy with 2 archers critting you or when suddenly a sacrifical assault melee mob spawns behind you...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Well, I can't give you a PvP view on it, but for PvE I think garnets rather than citrines are the way to go for a few reasons if you're arcane.

1. They're cheaper. I don't know what level gem you're using, I'm going to assume flawless since they're readily available, but if not you can just scale the costs, it's all the same idea. Flawless garnet=41 physical, flawless citrine=40 hp, garnets run around 75% of the cost of citrines so for the same effort as getting 18 citrines (720 hp) you get 24 garnets (984 physical) or if you would prefer, 24 citrines is 960 hp while about the same coin would get vs 22 flawless+2 immaculate garnets for 1008 physical. Alternatively you could have the cost savings from the garnets, and then turn around and dump that savings into higher refines.

2. As arcane, without garnets you're looking at about 700 or so physical resist, which for you at 92 would translate to 15% physical resist or 32% in fox, which means 85%/68% damage taken. By adding those garnets you would jump to 31%/53% resist or 69%/47% taken. That reduction in damage taken is very useful in pve when it comes to physical ae's or archers. How much would 960 hp increase your total pool by? 20%? That wouldn't be enough to save you from an archer that wants you dead I bet (pve or pvp). Remember, since you are/were heavy before you already had a ton of physical, so it took a lot to raise your resistance by even 1%. As arcane you don't have much, and it doesn't take a whole lot of physical resist to see a large boost.

3. I think you would find your pet aggro easier to control by switching to arcane. I'm assuming your crit rate would then plummet? Less crits=more consistent damage, you could almost always count on it taking x nukes to pull aggro, and not getting it from one less or one more.

4. Weapon refines I could see an argument for in either direction. You could either use higher refines to compensate for magic, which you could then place into vit though I don't like that strategy, or you could take the approach tweakz does, his magic gives him plenty of attack so he doesn't need to buy a weapon refine, instead he can put that coin into other aspects of his character, in your case it would mean higher armor refines or better shards/more sockets. The other solution is the approach I take, high magic, high weapon refine, and just nuke stuff. Why care about pulling aggro from my pet when I can ensure it's dead before it reaches me? My strategy wouldn't work well in pvp though, it's really more a pve thing as I can always rely on a barb or my pet for my defense so that I can deal more damage.

Anyways, I'm kind of in the same boat, I've got some heavenrage boots and a helm of holy vengeance sitting in my mailbox waiting for level 95. Before using them, I want to be sure of what type of armor I'm going for. The big negative I've found to heavy and light so far is that there's no way to compensate for the hit to channeling, I can get 95% of the survival of heavy/light by stripping out a ton of magic and pumping it into vit, while also having channeling. Light gear with channeling is pretty difficult to come by (and only seems to be bracers), while ornaments would need stats further limiting channeling gear. Heavy makes it even more limited. An arcane veno with say 30% channeling or so is going to destroy anything it comes across, and if you get RB on top of that well... it makes a difference I think. Atleast if the comments people make in frost/89/etc squads with me hold any weight, where I frequently hear them comment it's the fastest clear they've ever done. If you go arcane though, realize you're going to be a lot more fragile, particularly if archers are around.
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    tweakz wrote: »
    Sage Fox grants a 150% physical defense increase, and multiplies nothing on HP. While you get +1k boost, I currently get +3862. Aside from mag and phys dmg, there is nothing and I'm already covered on mag by being pure mag/ arcane so I don't need much HP. While others leech 600 hp a hit, they get a much smaller percentage of HP back. Same with pots, transfuse, etc. HP shards do run much higher if you prefer to bling out. You also have to deal with the idiots that tell you you can't survive something's AoE because you don't have enough HP. b:chuckle I don't refine past +2 to not only save coin but because I am already stealing aggro from my Nix, and already have more than enough healing power to solo World Bosses. If I were more into PvP, I'd consider it though.

That guide sucks. You may be able to succeed with it, but you won't excell.
    -I don't know who you're preaching at, but your post seems to be so full of garbage/preaching to a choir it needs to be fixed. Having enough HP to live AOEs in a pure arcane build with just +2 refines? What planet are you living on? Are the AoE's something like Farren Sarenti's, or handling an accidental 1-2 Dimentora blow? There is absolutely no way a vitless, arcane with no pdef shards is surviving end game AOE bosses.
    -Do you have evidence of you 'soloing' a world boss? Last I checked it takes more than one veno healing a blessing herc to tank one, and dont give me some BS about an eldergoth. It still takes more than one cleric on an archer who tanks certain WB's from a range.
    -Lastly, that guide is a wonderful piece of information, in which you only deny, because you hold a childish vendetta against any one who has the mirth to stand up to you and prove the information you claim and tell yourself is true in your disillusioned little fantasy world, to be wrong. His way of going about it may have been harsh, and belittling, but to attack someone so belligerantly without them here to defend themselves, is absolutely ridiculous. Grow up, and drop the grudge.

@Reikara.
    -You have a chance for more HP due to the chance to add vit
    -The build is way more flexible, open, and less demanding statwise
    -Way higher M.Atk for heals, nuking, etc
    -You dont lose your ability to kill robes still, you'll be just working more in conjunction with your pet
    -Way higher MP pool
    -You can solo more bosses, and I do believe it may still be quite possible to solo ones previously able for you to do. (drummer, soulbanisher, etc.) May be a little taxing on a charm, but possible.
    -Pvp against HA/LA is way easier
    even though all these points may have already beeen mentioned, its really up to you in the end if you really want to make the change.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    So your seriously going to restat?
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2009
    -I don't know who you're preaching at, but your post seems to be so full of garbage/preaching to a choir it needs to be fixed. Having enough HP to live AOEs in a pure arcane build with just +2 refines? What planet are you living on? Are the AoE's something like Farren Sarenti's, or handling an accidental 1-2 Dimentora blow? There is absolutely no way a vitless, arcane with no pdef shards is surviving end game AOE bosses.

You didn't read his post did you? He didn't say don't use defense shards, infact he recommended them. He's also talked in the past about world bosses. Cenimantor and Alphaeus in particular. Without having a blessing marksman.
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Nor did I say anything about hp vs pdef shards. Im saying he should prove his comments and put his money where his mouth is, before boasting he can do x, y, and z. He claims he can live AOEs with all mag, and crappy refined armor in an end game dungeon, which is BS, period. Good example: even with auras, and fully buffed, my 5.5k hp veno during gamma would be easily one shot by the final boss' aoe. She had 1496 def in humanoid, switching to fox would be pointless as our parties would need all the DD possible, and would simply be wiped easily.

You know, Ive seen him claim alot of things since Ive started, yet he never has anything to back it up. Its all cheap talk.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tweakz
    edited October 2009
    -I don't know who you're preaching at, but your post seems to be so full of garbage/preaching to a choir it needs to be fixed. Having enough HP to live AOEs in a pure arcane build with just +2 refines?

On weapon dumbbutt.
    What planet are you living on?

Same one as you dumbbutt.
    -Do you have evidence of you 'soloing' a world boss? Last I checked it takes more than one veno healing a blessing herc to tank one, and dont give me some BS about an eldergoth. It still takes more than one cleric on an archer who tanks certain WB's from a range.

You are idiot. I can throw attacks between heals on WB. My guess is that any 90+ veno with Marksman / Protect can solo WB.
    -Lastly, that guide is a wonderful piece of information, in which you only deny, because you hold a childish vendetta against any one who has the mirth to stand up to you and prove the information you claim and tell yourself is true in your disillusioned little fantasy world, to be wrong.

You are childish stupid **** burglar, therefore I'm right and you're wrong.
    His way of going about it may have been harsh, and belittling, but to attack someone so belligerantly without them here to defend themselves, is absolutely ridiculous. Grow up, and drop the grudge.

Obviously you can't think for yourself and worship the whiny troll. What point did you make besides you're one too? Stupid troll.
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Ad hominem fallacy is embarassing, I rest my case, windbag. Put your money where your mouth is, or as the internet commonly states: 'GTFO.'
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2009
    Well, lets look at your comments.
    Nor did I say anything about hp vs pdef shards.
    here is absolutely no way a vitless, arcane with no pdef shards is surviving end game AOE bosses.

It sure sounds to me like you were claiming he said unsharded armor.
    Im saying he should prove his comments and put his money where his mouth is, before boasting he can do x, y, and z.

He's posted screenshots of soloing Alphaeus.
    He claims he can live AOEs with all mag, and crappy refined armor in an end game dungeon, which is BS, period.

It's doable, I've done it. I refine my armor to +2. I'm almost entirely arcane (5 points in dex, 20? in vit, never seemed worth the coin to get stat resets for them... I made that screwup in my first few levels).
    Good example: even with auras, and fully buffed, my 5.5k hp veno during gamma would be easily one shot by the final boss' aoe. She had 1496 def in humanoid,

Since when is gamma end game? High level players can't even enter gamma. 1496 def assuming level 80 is 31% physical resist, that's not very much at all. 1496 is less than what you should have with shards unbuffed at that level. What do you expect? 5.5k hp were obviously worthless too since you couldn't reduce your damage intake to 5499 damage or less.
    switching to fox would be pointless as our parties would need all the DD possible, and would simply be wiped easily.

It sounds to me like someone didn't max out their fox skills. Were they a waste of coin/spirit? It's kind of funny how they're more useful for a fox veno than a heavy/light veno. Besides, let me ask you this, assuming your pet does 50% of your total damage, and your damage is cut to half when you go fox (this is about right for me, I'm assuming it will scale that way for you) what's more damage. Doing 75% of human form nuking and living, or doing 0% of human form nuking because you're dead?

You've got an error in your logic here, switching to fox clearly would have increased your squads damage because you would be alive. Being human form reduced your contribution to 0 because you were waiting for a res.
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Since when is gamma end game? High level players can't even enter gamma. 1496 def assuming level 80 is 31% physical resist, that's not very much at all. 1496 is less than what you should have with shards unbuffed at that level. What do you expect? 5.5k hp were obviously worthless too since you couldn't reduce your damage intake to 5499 damage or less.
    That'd be with just ornaments during my 80s where I hardly would spend a dime on armor thatd be disposed of soon. Note Element Lord's P.Attack is: 8499 - 10198, which is pretty damn close to something like Torturess Venerator:4344 - 10135, whom is in FB99. That SOB pretty damn near kills me now while healing in fox to try and tank the AOEs, hitting around 3k high end with buffs. Monsters hit entirely way too hard for a pure mag with physical AOEs for them to really be of any use at all, especially with minimal refines. Note that 5.5k was with barb buff then, now I have more than that base.
    It sounds to me like someone didn't max out their fox skills. Were they a waste of coin/spirit? It's kind of funny how they're more useful for a fox veno than a heavy/light veno. Besides, let me ask you this, assuming your pet does 50% of your total damage, and your damage is cut to half when you go fox (this is about right for me, I'm assuming it will scale that way for you) what's more damage. Doing 75% of human form nuking and living, or doing 0% of human form nuking because you're dead?
    My fox skills are just fine. Even running up to amp the thing gets the veno killed. Nuking while I can provides plenty of offense, its more reliant on the cleric being competent enough on knowing where to BB for the rest of the archer, wizard, and veno so they dont fry.

The gamma was brought up as an example, because the final boss is on par with an FB99 boss in terms of power.

If you can find those screenshots of Alphaleus, Id love to see them, then Id applaud the feat. Otherwise, Ive seen nothing but insults, and claims with no evidence to back them up. Let the man fight his own battles, even if its evident he can't, it's none of your business, when an argument is picked from one to another, so keep your nose out of it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tweakz
    edited October 2009
    Nor did I say anything about hp vs pdef shards. Im saying he should prove his comments and put his money where his mouth is, before boasting he can do x, y, and z.

Who you talking about?
    He claims he can live AOEs with all mag, and crappy refined armor in an end game dungeon, which is BS, period. Good example: even with auras, and fully buffed, my 5.5k hp veno during gamma would be easily one shot by the final boss' aoe.

You admit to being fail, why are you then here giving advice?
    She had 1496 def in humanoid, switching to fox would be pointless as our parties would need all the DD possible, and would simply be wiped easily.

Amp Damage:
    "Sage version always makes the target take 30% additional damage."

-That's 30% for about 2/3 the time. If that's all you did, it would be much better than half the others in the party. Now what if 2 attacks:
    All targets in range of 15 meters have a chance to be affected by various status ailments.
    Bleed: 4,500 physical damage over time.
    Poison: 4,500 Wood damage over time.
    Armor break: Physical defense reduced by 100%.
    Mind break: Magic defense reduced by 100%

The only thing you want to come out of fox for is mind breaks, and ironwood (if no one else in party casts phys defense reducer). Other than that, you are fail if not in fox.
    You know, Ive seen him claim alot of things since Ive started, yet he never has anything to back it up. Its all cheap talk.

Cheap talk comes from fail veno like you worshipping other fail veno.
    Brael wrote:
    and your damage is cut to half when you go fox

I have equips specifically for Fox. Fox hits lighter but faster with seemingly similar dps. A perfect shard increases element damage +80. I bought an alabaster for a mere 100k a week after selling one for 200k, so they're relatively cheap. Wraith Conqueror refined to +2 is phys atk: 451-656. 80 alone is a huge percent jump. Now add optional equips like Misty Forest Rings which can yield +6vit ea as well as +104 atk, acc+50%, and some good phys resist when refined, or combine with rank ring, and other equips. That little amount of damage goes up fast, and strikes fast meaning crits can be more frequent with less aggro issues.
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Who you talking about?
    You, genius.
    You admit to being fail, why are you then here giving advice?
    You'd be just as easily one shot. If you had any kind of greymatter in that skull of yours, you'd know that too. Not only that, only a fool pretends to be perfect, there's not a thing wrong with admitting one has a fault, only an idiot goes around parading like he's perfect and acting as if they know everything.
    Amp Damage:
    "Sage version always makes the target take 30% additional damage."

-That's 30% for about 2/3 the time. If that's all you did, it would be much better than half the others in the party.
    Because someone in gamma (71-85) can seriously have sage amp, right?
    Cheap talk comes from fail veno like you worshipping other fail veno.
    Cheap talk comes from those who cant even present a valid argument to save their life.

Present a more well put together argument like Brael, or go back under the rock you came from. Have fun =D.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tweakz
    edited October 2009
    You, genius.

Then you're a freakin' tard because your data doesn't match me.
    You'd be just as easily one shot.

Yeah, I've heard this many times from your idiotic kind that had no more survivability than me on paper or in game. I survived last boss in 2-3 with less than 4k hp. Go QQ because you probably can't with 5k yet you likely spent 2x as much.
    If you had any kind of greymatter in that skull of yours, you'd know that too.

If you had brown matter (poopie), well lets just say you couldn't be stupider. Stupid idiot troll. (you are tear aren't you?)
    Not only that, only a fool pretends to be perfect, there's not a thing wrong with admitting one has a fault, only an idiot goes around parading like he's perfect and acting as if they know everything.

Uhm I've admitted, apologised, thanked - ask Solandri. -You? - still in denial.
    Cheap talk comes from those who cant even present a valid argument to save their life.

You have **** in your head, therefore you're wrong.
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Yeah, I've heard this many times from your idiotic kind that had no more survivability than me on paper or in game. I survived last boss in 2-3 with less than 4k hp. Go QQ because you probably can't with 5k yet you likely spent 2x as much.
    Since this is the only thing that actually matters in the garbage you posted: Ancient Evil doesnt AOE dear. He only random aggros occasionally to launch a melee ranged attack at you, which can be easily dodged with a well timed spark. Care to try again?

edit:
    Uhm I've admitted
    you didnt quote my thing about you saying someone can sage amp in gamma lol.

I also noticed you made up a quote, adding in something about myriad, which you still did wrong. The AOE one is for fox form, not human.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Whoa - playground insults.

I think no, I would like famous people to keep out trying heavy-form. I like to hear about it, even if I can't afford to do it myself, and it gives me something to aspire to.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    For what is worth. My view on this.

From a PVP perspective, specialy if you looking at group pvp, such as TWs, HA/AA does have its advantages, since you still do decent damage if needed against pretty much all classes, however, I see the biggest advantage on the support role. Being able to crash into a blob of enemies and being able to survive long enough to get debuffs on the people, and take one or two down with you is something a pure arcane as to be far more careful with, and less likely to happen. That said, on 1v1 situations, even as pure arcane, you should be able to hold your ground against melee classes, if you have your gear setup properly. The true bane of AA veno are those darn archers, specialy since they have a much bigger chance to get a few shots on you before you can even react, unlike BMs and Barbs that have to be in your face to hit you.
    So pvpwise, you would be able to do more magic damage, you would do less physical damage as a AA. You would have to change your fighitng strategies, since things usualy do not go too well when a AA veno crashes a melee party...... at melee range...

PVE wise. AA may have an advantage due to higher heals, and higher damage. With the correct gear, you should be able to get decent physical resists (in the 60% range) and nice mdef. The amount of HP you get will come from your decision to put points into vita or not, and how much you want to refine your gear.

Ultimaly, it comes down to playing styles. You will have to change how you play your veno if you go arcane.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.