Return of Anniversary packs?

Options

Comments

• Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    the links i posted are the most current, as of 11 hours ago.

seeing this info on the market watches, that China has clamped down on online gaming, makes me worry that we might actually lose this game altogether.

now im not angry, but worried.

Their stock is fine. They're not only above their yearly average, but they're way up the past couple months, go take a look at what it was in February (the end of February was their low point). During september they also dipped during the middle of it (the start/end of september is higher than the middle) that's because stocks aren't based on profit, but rather on growth. An unknown number of players left to play another game, resulting in a shrinking playerbase... less market share=less stock. It went up again after that.

Anyways, they license this game from the chinese company and apparently have to buy the patches from them, from what I picked up in other threads about this. If china were going to shut them down, it would have been done already.
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    You should notice that though there was groth there is a degree of market saturation and alienation. You can't look at the market share through a purely mathematical standpoint.

As well, any timed sale should be expected to start strong, dip, then spike again.
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    the links i posted are the most current, as of 11 hours ago.

seeing this info on the market watches, that China has clamped down on online gaming, makes me worry that we might actually lose this game altogether.

now im not angry, but worried.

You really need to read the all news on that, not only the headlines.

China clamped down on chinese nationals trading in-game currencies for dollars while playing games that are hosted in mainland China.

It has zero effect on all the gold farmers in WOW for example, since the servers are not hosted in mainland China. They are free to farm and sell their in-game items.

It will also have no effect on PWI, since it not a Chinese company in mainland China, but a US company controlled by a Chinese company.

Even for the PW game in Chine itself, it will have zero impact, since it there is nothing stopping people to charge RL money for zen, you would only not be allowed to trade zen for RL money.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • oeznoezitstheenddd
    oeznoezitstheenddd Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Dumping 400$ into the game. With this money, I will receive exactly 424 Gold.
    If I buy anniversary packs with all 424 packs; and simply open them – I will receive at the very minimum 6360 tokens of luck. With this many tokens; I can buy 2544 Oracle IIs.

2544x15000 exp = slightly more than 38million exp; Enough to bring me to mid 80s.
    With the 22 million coin receieved from finishing all oracles, I can afford 610 more; (buying at 15k ea) bumping the total exp gain 9m+ more.

This is assuming I suffer bad luck and just get all regular luck tokens.

Cash shop FTW

And thats not even assuming I play smart. Let's say I sell gold at 450k a piece. 424 pieces sell for 190m

190m/12kea for a token = 15900 tokens which = 6360 oracle IIs x 15000 = 95million exp

whic brings me from landing in the mid 80s from simply opening the packs to exactly level 90

From level 66 i get to 90 from playing smart

Now 400$ is literally a drop in the bucket....It'd cost me 1,400$$ to simply buy my way to level 100; however it seems like the lack of cash on most players is causing many to QQ and ragequit so I might not invest the remaining 1000 simply beacause a ton of players can't handle the cash shoppage.

So my plan? I will open the 434 myself; if i dont get anything but luck tokens; totally ok. I'm level 84 now.

If i get something? Say heavenrage? yeah; sure they'll be down on price; however I'll hold on to them or sell them. If i really want something? I'll drop another 400.

No big deal. Free to play guys right?
  • DEATHJOKER - Heavens Tear
    DEATHJOKER - Heavens Tear Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Hmm wow i mean rly wtf....!!!!!1

y the hell they putting anni pack's again this is so stupid

well from what i see more people quiting over joining this game

u see another better game rising u should make this game more easyer to play in to stay in competion with other's

rly wtf i cant bleave this =.=;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]THE BIRD OF THE HERMES IS MY NAME EATING MY WINGS TO MAKE ME TAME
  • Islyaa - Sanctuary
    Islyaa - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    PWI = Pay2Win International
    b:laugh

Lol.. or just Welcome to... : $$ Player's worst Income $$ Empty your pocketssssss with us and you'll win a price.. Duh uh. Ahh PWIPWI .. first post i made out here was to complain is'nt that awesome! xD
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Dumping 400$ into the game. With this money, I will receive exactly 424 Gold.
    If I buy anniversary packs with all 424 packs; and simply open them – I will receive at the very minimum 6360 tokens of luck. With this many tokens; I can buy 2544 Oracle IIs.

2544x15000 exp = slightly more than 38million exp; Enough to bring me to 83.
    With the 22 million coin receieved from finishing all oracles, I can afford 610 more; (buying at 15k ea) bumping the total exp gain to just 1 million below level 85.

This is assuming I suffer bad luck and just get all regular luck tokens.

Pay to win; gotta love it.
    Congratulations you will be higher level than the whole 10 people left in the game.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Time for sleep, I have to go to work tomorrow so I can spend my paycheck on Anni packs.

Wait, no, actually, I'm gonna preorder L4D2 instead.

Thanks PWI for saving me from an impulse buy.
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Time for sleep, I have to go to work tomorrow so I can spend my paycheck on Anni packs.

Wait, no, actually, I'm gonna preorder L4D2 instead.

Thanks PWI for saving me from an impulse buy.

See? They DO care. They're making sure you don't waste your money on a game that, due to poor management, is no longer worth investing anything in.
  • Pandaberr - Lost City
    Pandaberr - Lost City Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    WTF 'Back By Popular Demand!' ?!?! What sane part of the population demanded this back?

Anniversaries are a one time of the year deal. You don't buy your spouse flowers on your anniversary and then the next month say 'HAPPY ANNIVERSARY' with another bouquet of flowers.

PWI, you lost a large portion of your playerbase to ****. And another portion with the original release of the anniversary packs. Then you announce the upcoming release of a new race and an expansion of the map that may have intrigued enough players to stay to see it. AND THEN YOU DROP MORE PACKS. How does that make sense?

So many people raged on the forums about the packs.

So many MORE people raged on WC about the packs.

But somehow you're bringing them back by 'popular demand'.

I stopped playing at the beginning of the anniversary event, because seeing crappy players ruin the game with their credit cards pissed me off. I came back 2 days ago, because I had hoped that the game would settle down enough that playing might be worth it.

I guess now I'm just here to watch PWI burn to the ground.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HoVulpes - Sanctuary
    HoVulpes - Sanctuary Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    THIS IS NOT ANNIVERSARY! u only want MONEY! thats all u care! Gms ur maessing up the game! start care bout plaler not bout ur own wallets! what anniversary? insane? one 2 month after pwi birthday? so about to quit now! ty for screweing cool game! REMOVE THOSE STUPID PACKS PLZ! and Panda is rigth. popular demand means ur own GREEDY DEMAND! not PLAYERS! u tell ppl than they mess world chats in game. now they will more. cause this **** which u just did makes them more angry. u cant stop those sales? even for one dumb week? other games doesnt have such probs! they r nice cause they r normal. let ppl play. not push players from one sale to another.
  • TeresaSyri - Heavens Tear
    TeresaSyri - Heavens Tear Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    grr my post glitched. forget it lol. NOt typing all that out again. x3

Basically, buying your way into the high levels isn't fair for those of us who you know, actually put time and effort into building our characters to what they are now. I might not be the fastest leveler of all the friends I started out with (who are most now in their upper 90s-100s lol) but you know??? I'd like to hope that the effort I put out means SOMETHING. DX

Oh well. Maybe I'll buy myself into my 90s just like everyone else! -__-;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bawksy
    bawksy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    YO PWE IM REALLY HAPPY FOR YOU IMMA LET YOU FINSIH BUT FLAGSHIP STUDIOS ARE ONE OF THE WORST COMPANIES OF ALL TIME! OF ALL TIME!
    kaynewesta.jpg
    inb4 Alexeno

ಠೈಠ Troll-sauce-face made by Konariraiden
    When you see it.. Just don't post again.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Im sick of this anni pack stuff. Seriously guys, why do you do this to us?b:sad

Now WC is gonna spam into our faces that a noob got lunar gear or those dumb tokens of "best" luck.

Im sad :(

QQ...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I can't wait to see what the game's like after this event.
  • KingTank - Heavens Tear
    KingTank - Heavens Tear Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    like this? empty?
    35jz0b7.jpg
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Options
    You forgot the one person with full +12 rank 8 gear with a +12 warsoul weapon.
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    You forgot the one person with full +12 rank 8 gear with a +12 warsoul weapon.

People without purpose don't count.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • LinZeta - Lost City
    LinZeta - Lost City Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    All I gotta say is....

Well....I think you all said it already.
    Like my new sig?

b:chuckle
  • MissHeron - Dreamweaver
    MissHeron - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    At this point i regret donating that 10$ when i started. Stupid free mmorpg's, should of paied 15 a month and enjoyed a normal game.
    Always be ready to speak your mind, and a base man will avoid you.
    William Blake
  • Mala_Curica - Lost City
    Mala_Curica - Lost City Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    What's wrong with anniversary packs? Outside of a handful of items (legendary pets mainly) they make things cheaper. Yuanxiao is far cheaper than mana charms, platinum charms are available at less cost than the same hp in gold charms, tele's are around 1/20 the price of gold rather than 1/10, and so on.

Packs are great cash shopper or not.

and let me guess ur a cash shopper?cuz only they dont mind comeback of packs,great opportunity to earn some money,right?10 gold=~8mil

mp pots yeah nice but clerics need huge amount of those pots to replace charm,hp ones players prefer to have hiero besides using pots cuz they take 10sec and u can be dead in less time.i know u as veno dont even need charm when u got pet to tank all,only hp one for pvp but..
    ur on pve server so u dont even need that b:chuckle
    if u actually wanna buy pack,u need to spend over 800k (was last price of gold b4 it shut down,dunno about now)
    and gold charms were on 1.2mil before the packs.
    so gm's should answer on this kind of threads and tell the non-cash shoppers should they quit right away
    or they gonna do something about gold price?
    give us npc which will sell stuff we need like charms,dolls,battle pet packs..or put a limit on gold price.
    cuz theres no way those players compete with cs players with this prices b:surrender
  • Osiris - Dreamweaver
    Osiris - Dreamweaver Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I heard N Soft's new not-to-be-mentioned-here mmorpg's servers are already overstained. Why do you wanna fill them even more?
  • DestroyTokyo - Lost City
    DestroyTokyo - Lost City Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I heard N Soft's new not-to-be-mentioned-here mmorpg's servers are already overstained. Why do you wanna fill them even more?

Those "issues" were fixed the wait time if any is usually about 10 minutes now.
    9x WB
    Voted "Best WB on Lost City Server" b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HatedSoul - Sanctuary
    HatedSoul - Sanctuary Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    for reall bring these back and u can kiss goodbye another 100-200 goldbuyers people quit over this gm FIX the gameplayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy then u can sstop ur events pfff idk must be hard to think logicall or orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr they want us goneb:victory goood job man listen to the ppl we want good gameplay we dont care about the packs b:angry

i promise u pwi i will neverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr buy gold again everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr hahhahah
    why do u want ppl to quit?? i wonder

u should try to play this game its turned into a big joke no working gameplay evovles around fashion and marrie and mounts top lol for reall

i will no longer put in any effort to lvl to train to do nothing no more its pointless ppl dont get heard these events will make gold to 500k again many that cant buy gold quit again bleh other half of friendslist gone now?? thanks (oh wait from day aurch was taken i didnt already put in anyyyy effort no more )
    I MISS AYANOb:cryb:sad
  • Wolfgore - Heavens Tear
    Wolfgore - Heavens Tear Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    They havent locked this yet? b:chuckle

Inb4lockb:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    for reall bring these back and u can kiss goodbye another 100-200 goldbuyers people quit over this gm FIX the gameplayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy then u can sstop ur events pfff idk must be hard to think logicall or orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr they want us goneb:victory goood job man listen to the ppl we want good gameplay we dont care about the packs b:angry

i promise u pwi i will neverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr buy gold again everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr hahhahah
    why do u want ppl to quit?? i wonder

Could you please name those 200 players?
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Ketavi - Sanctuary
    Ketavi - Sanctuary Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I would'nt have really cared about the packs, but they removed the Duke call blocking? -.- COME ON.
    Dude, Im totally making a Tideborn - the possibility of Whips? KINKY >:V
  • Eyos - Lost City
    Eyos - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Welcome to PWI cash-insane international!!!We offer u everything "rare"if u got the $$$$ for it!!"NOble"ranks from tokens,"rewards for brave challengers"-only 100euroo!!!,all "rare"items on space costs!!Prepare ur gold credit cards,sell ur houses and be proud holder of this treasures!Get ur gold today -save our ruinin company!!b:victory
  • bossy231
    bossy231 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Blah..more high lvl players clueless how to play there class, thats how i see it. Like the other day i was in a BH with a lvl 60+ veno that didnt even know how to pull..FAIL
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Could you please name those 200 players?
    My Friends list.
This discussion has been closed.