Return of Anniversary packs?

Comments

• Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    wow this just makes me wonder if they actually want the non cash shop aka POTENTIAL buyers to quit the game. Its nice being able to buy a little bit of stuff without having to spend your real life money just to get them.

I hope like hell there is another thing hidden in the update *COUGH*COUGH*COUGH*gold cap*COUGH*COUGH* for gold in ah, I am not saying a rdiciolous low cap, but no more of this 400k ****.

On top of this they gave us no warning about the maintence on the server. << I swear it's things/times like this that really makes you wonder if they actually care about KEEPING players here for as LONG as possible, sure this is one way to get it but you ARE also HURTING people as well, no one really seem to LIKE having to pay the outrageous gold prices atm. Sure there is a few people that have the horde of money kept up in a cave to afford this price, and buy up all the gold easily, but some of the people that are just now getting on there feet, are getting knocked straight back down, by this re -release of the anniversary packs.

I know this seems like a QQ, and it may also sound like a quitting post, which is not my intention, but still the silent maint, plus this re-relase of something that drained most of the mid-rich players of every cent they had/have, it is not something I like, nor can I really see any one TRULY like it, unless they are benefitting from it. (COUGH)Merchents!*COUGH**cough*
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Sdrassa - Sanctuary
    Sdrassa - Sanctuary Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I don't usually post on the forums, I usually just go with the flow but with this my only reaction can be WTF???!!!
    I really start to wonder who demanded this back. According to PWI it was by popular demand, so lets see all those people who demanded it back raise their hands.
    Or does 'I hate anni packs', 'Duke stfu!' and 'I'm quitting cuz of this stupid event!' translate to 'I love anni packs, I really want them back and gonna spend crazy amounts of cash on them!' in PWI HQ?

Very very very disappointed.... b:cryb:cryb:cry

(still wanna see the people who demanded the return though)
  • Miss_Tika - Lost City
    Miss_Tika - Lost City Posts: 730 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    PWI wants to crash and burn, whatever. They're getting plenty of moola in the process. They probably think the new expansion will keep many existing players as well as alot of new ones.
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Wow.... All I can say is wow. Ya know, I didn't say anything the first time around.... But this is just stupid as hell.

Okay let me break it down for you GMs/Devs (Or whoever the hell is in charge of this kind of stuff): When people (humans - in rl) buy lots of Annivercary packs (the item your selling in PW), they use gold (the in-game's shop "currency"). The higher the demand for gold, the higher the prices. Higher gold prices means higher charm cost (Gold Guardian charm - ya know, the cash shop item), as well as just about everything else.

And here I thought this message was sent out to you before. So, quit being stupid and stop purposly hurting PWs economy.
  • Fyrelyte - Sanctuary
    Fyrelyte - Sanctuary Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Let's hope on the "April Fools in October!" idea. =\

I really, really would like to see a GM respond to this. Honestly, at least a word from them would show they at least have SOME respect towards their players... explain why they're bringing it back when it's no longer the anniversary. I mean c'mon, some of the Announcement pages have been very colorfully woven into elaborate "omgzbuythisnao" synonyms... Surely the writers could spice it up a bit more than the... err, nothing they wrote on the page this time.

GMs, please, post something? An explanation would be nice. b:sad
    "My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."
    -Neurosis

"An interesting concept. Perhaps we should ask an archer. They seem to be the math wizs here."
    -SaberArturia
    Quoted for truth. b:victory
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    You need an explaination? Look at this:

http://www.google.com/finance?client=ob&q=NASDAQ:PWRD

See that big spike there? that's September, when they started selling anni packs.

See that drop there? That's when the event ended.
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I don't usually post on the forums, I usually just go with the flow but with this my only reaction can be WTF???!!!
    I really start to wonder who demanded this back. According to PWI it was by popular demand, so lets see all those people who demanded it back raise their hands.
    Or does 'I hate anni packs', 'Duke stfu!' and 'I'm quitting cuz of this stupid event!' translate to 'I love anni packs, I really want them back and gonna spend crazy amounts of cash on them!' in PWI HQ?

Very very very disappointed.... b:cryb:cryb:cry

(still wanna see the people who demanded the return though)

A very small, and I mean very small percentage of players come to the forums, and even less post. The forums is the last place you can use to see what the "players" really think or want, since we are the minority... very vocal, but never the less we are a minority.

We have no idea of how many tickets they got asking for the packs back because of whatever reason.

I think they should, at least, had changed the names to "halloween packs" and added nightmare to the list of mounts.....
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • vbarbie
    vbarbie Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Hello Monthly Packs !!!!!!!!!!!! b:victory
  • D_oryy - Heavens Tear
    D_oryy - Heavens Tear Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    so how does the anni pack work
    lol, everyone is flaming b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Meivi - Lost City
    Meivi - Lost City Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited October 2009

See that big spike there? that's September, when they started selling anni packs.

Lolol. Should be fun to see what their profits do today!
    Who's bets are on it going up? >>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Venomancer ~ 100 ~ Instinct
  • krelianmage
    krelianmage Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited October 2009

wow, september was really a good month for PW

that explains all
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Wait wait... did they add anniversary packs to the Boutique before maintenance, or are there patch notes somewhere indicating another month of anniversary packs?
  • Meivi - Lost City
    Meivi - Lost City Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Wait wait... did they add anniversary packs to the Boutique before maintenance, or are there patch notes somewhere indicating another month of anniversary packs?

Looks on the events page? o-o
    Says all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Venomancer ~ 100 ~ Instinct
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    http://pwi.perfectworld.com/news/newsubpage/return-of-the-anniversary-pack-7121

Dear Perfect World Co., NcSoft would like to thank you for your contribution to their company.
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aria_skye - Lost City
    Aria_skye - Lost City Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited October 2009
  • Scorched_Sky - Sanctuary
    Scorched_Sky - Sanctuary Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    b:sadb:cryb:surrender
  • Fyrelyte - Sanctuary
    Fyrelyte - Sanctuary Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    so how does the anni pack work
    lol, everyone is flaming b:shutup

Anniversary packs work as such:

1) Buy for 1 gold in boutique, or several hundred thousand coin from players in-game.

2) Right click it.

3) Pray during the bit it takes to process it for a godly item.

4) Be disappointed when you get 15 Tokens of Luck (which, at least during the first event, could be sold ~13k each).

5) However, if Luck is on your side, you can get a Token of Best Luck (see the Announcement page to see what this can be exchanged for) or some other "rare" items such as mounts (lobster), aero mounts, plat. charms, etc. (again, see the Announcement page).

6) See your name in red as Duke shouts your reward in WC (if you get one of the #5 items).
    "My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."
    -Neurosis

"An interesting concept. Perhaps we should ask an archer. They seem to be the math wizs here."
    -SaberArturia
    Quoted for truth. b:victory
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Oh yea.

I mean I got my new bow during the event and all was good.

Until I needed to refine it. Dragon orbs were CRAZY EXPENSIVE, and they still are.

So what? New bow+lower refine vs old bow+higher refine, which is the better item? It's the new bow obviously since you use that over the old one. It sounds to me like you got an upgrade then, and are simply making a case for why refining transfer needs to be added.
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited October 2009

and the related news story of the day?

http://www.marketintelligencecenter.com/articles/969377

that's the real world talking kids, rich men in suits in new york decided to bring back the anni packs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vbarbie
    vbarbie Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    They should just make the Pack a Permanent item in the CS !! .. That way those greddy freaks will learn their lesson.. The more there's lunar/frost Rigs the more they will lose value.. wich is .. at the end a good thing for the Poor.
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    And it cost them this time b:bye

When your stock drops like that over a span of two hours? That's bad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SapphireEm - Harshlands
    SapphireEm - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Back by wat dam demand??? Your demand for money maybe!!! Take the dam packs away!
  • Boned - Lost City
    Boned - Lost City Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited October 2009

Well if you look at it, october it dropped once they took it out. It was slowly rising again because the ripples in the water had discipated, we were forgetting their stupidity and hopeing for the best. Now, of course, they add it back. I don't think it's going to spike as much though. I speak for alot of us when I say this is BULL$%@!
  • D_oryy - Heavens Tear
    D_oryy - Heavens Tear Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    oh lol sob.
    thanks for the info, now i know how people name comes up
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LadyMunckin - Heavens Tear
    LadyMunckin - Heavens Tear Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    i agree its totally meaningless to have 2 anni event per year, i mean whats next ? 5 xmas events in 4 months ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    http://pwi.perfectworld.com/news/newsubpage/return-of-the-anniversary-pack-7121

Dear Perfect World Co., NcSoft would like to thank you for your contribution to their company.

oy... interesting. I really hope this doesn't ruin the game... would hate to see these servers start to look like oracle & delphi b:sad

edit: on a second thought, looking at other f2p mmos, seems like there are enough people willing to pay to win to support these types of 'events...' as long as TW goes on I'm happy.
  • Winterenity - Dreamweaver
    Winterenity - Dreamweaver Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Total joke. Beyond anything.
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited October 2009

What happened to PWE in september is about to happen to NCsoft in the upcoming month.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    oh lol sob.
    thanks for the info, now i know how people name comes up

I might just be tired but this isn't a coherent sentence. b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    check this out:
    http://www.marketintelligencecenter.com/articles/969377

Perfect World (PWRD) NewsBite - One Of Today's Top Losers

Posted: Monday, October 12, 2009 2:17 PM EDT

Perfect World (PWRD) leads the list of top losers so far today and is now at $41.51, down $2.31 (-5.27%) on volume of 1,660,266 shares traded. Over the last 52 weeks the stock has ranged from a low of $8.78 to a high of $50.49. Perfect World stock has been showing support around $41.31 and resistance in the $46.39 range. Technical indicators for the stock are bullish and S&P does not currently have a STARS rating for PWRD. If you are looking for a hedged play on PWRD the stock seems like it could be a candidate for a November out-of-the-money bear-call credit spread above the 50 range. [ABR-Seven Summits Strategic Investments NewsBite]

apparently, they are really doing badly, and this is to stay afloat....

and another...seeing the charts, i can understand a little now why they are doing this.

Chinese Online Gaming Companies Hit by Government Mandate - Adding to Perfect World (PWRD)

One outlier today is Perfect World (PWRD), which is down over 5%. Searching for news there appears to be a government mandate disallowing foreign investment in online gaming companies.

China's press and copyright authorities have banned foreign investors from operating online games "in any form" in the country.

A circular jointly released by the General Administration of Press and Publication (GAPP) and the National Copyright Administration Saturday said foreign businesses were banned from investment in China's online game operations through setting up wholly owned enterprises, joint ventures and cooperatives.

Foreign investors were also prohibited from joining and controlling Chinese enterprises' online game operations by such indirect means as contracting relevant agreements or offering technological support.

The rule also tightened control over domestic online gaming businesses. It stated that no organizations or individuals could run online gaming business without permits from the GAPP and online games without a prior approval from the administration would not be allowed to go online.

"The new rule is a good beginning in approving the online games in accordance with laws and will be conducive to the regulation of online gaming businesses," said Kou Xiaowei, vice director of GAPP's technological and digital department.

The GAPP had carried out a campaign recently to crack down on online games operating illegally and featuring unhealthy contents. As of Thursday, more than 200 online games had been investigated and 45 overseas online games run without prior approval had been shutdown.

Free trade and all... ;)

Basically the Chinese government is putting a firewall around the online gaming industry... don't want those unsavory Westerners to impact things or heck, profit someday.

Seems like an overreaction to me, so I am using the now rare opportunity to buy a stock that has pulled back to a support level. Perfect World (PWRD) fell [almost] to its 50 day moving average so I am expanding the position with a 1% allocation from cash in the $41.50s area. There is a little gap at $40 on the chart, so I'll stop out much of the position on a move below $40 as that would be a clear break below the 50 day moving average.

On a sidenote - unless I am reading this iniative wrong Netease (NTES) should take a much bigger hit since it has licensed World of ********, but it is only down 2%. Hmm...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
This discussion has been closed.