A GMs gonna come in and be like

"Early April Fools suckerssss!!!"

PWI 1, Players 0!
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    More like PWI 2, F2Pers, -1, cashshoppers, 1

Oh! And don't forget the PRC Government, they get 1 point as well.
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Welcome to CashShop World International. b:laugh
  • XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver
    XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    i agree its totally meaningless to have 2 anni event per year, i mean whats next ? 5 xmas events in 4 months ?

At least Christmas event had nothing that was ruining the very economic basics. Sure mirage stones went down in price but they were back up soon after. And yet it was very, very fun event.

I'm simply flabbergasted at how this is being handled. Seriously... *shakes head*.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Due to constant PMs: I'm not German, sorry folks D:
  • Islyaa - Sanctuary
    Islyaa - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    A GMs gonna come in and be like

"Early April Fools suckerssss!!!"

PWI 1, Players 0!

LOL.. keep dreaming. What's sad is that some freaking noobs will still buy some of those in bulk , and try to sell them 500k and some rich **** from the game will buy and buy and PWI Will win over all.. Like in everything we're only numbers :)
  • vbarbie
    vbarbie Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Correct me if Im wrong.. But in other Games i've played, whenever there was an anniversary event.. There was alot given to the players.. Many cool events or one single Great event wich gave everyone! the oportunity to win something really good for free , because it was their way to appreciate the loyalty of the players, Thus everyone loving the Anniversary events.. I don't see the love here, aren't we players supposed to be very very happy for this?
  • Khalfani - Harshlands
    Khalfani - Harshlands Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    check this out:
    http://www.marketintelligencecenter.com/articles/969377

Perfect World (PWRD) NewsBite - One Of Today's Top Losers

Posted: Monday, October 12, 2009 2:17 PM EDT

Perfect World (PWRD) leads the list of top losers so far today and is now at $41.51, down $2.31 (-5.27%) on volume of 1,660,266 shares traded. Over the last 52 weeks the stock has ranged from a low of $8.78 to a high of $50.49. Perfect World stock has been showing support around $41.31 and resistance in the $46.39 range. Technical indicators for the stock are bullish and S&P does not currently have a STARS rating for PWRD. If you are looking for a hedged play on PWRD the stock seems like it could be a candidate for a November out-of-the-money bear-call credit spread above the 50 range. [ABR-Seven Summits Strategic Investments NewsBite]

apparently, they are really doing badly, and this is to stay afloat....

and another:

One outlier today is Perfect World (PWRD), which is down over 5%. Searching for news there appears to be a government mandate disallowing foreign investment in online gaming companies.

China's press and copyright authorities have banned foreign investors from operating online games "in any form" in the country.

A circular jointly released by the General Administration of Press and Publication (GAPP) and the National Copyright Administration Saturday said foreign businesses were banned from investment in China's online game operations through setting up wholly owned enterprises, joint ventures and cooperatives.

Foreign investors were also prohibited from joining and controlling Chinese enterprises' online game operations by such indirect means as contracting relevant agreements or offering technological support.

The rule also tightened control over domestic online gaming businesses. It stated that no organizations or individuals could run online gaming business without permits from the GAPP and online games without a prior approval from the administration would not be allowed to go online.

"The new rule is a good beginning in approving the online games in accordance with laws and will be conducive to the regulation of online gaming businesses," said Kou Xiaowei, vice director of GAPP's technological and digital department.

The GAPP had carried out a campaign recently to crack down on online games operating illegally and featuring unhealthy contents. As of Thursday, more than 200 online games had been investigated and 45 overseas online games run without prior approval had been shutdown.

Free trade and all... ;)

Basically the Chinese government is putting a firewall around the online gaming industry... don't want those unsavory Westerners to impact things or heck, profit someday.

Seems like an overreaction to me, so I am using the now rare opportunity to buy a stock that has pulled back to a support level. Perfect World (PWRD) fell [almost] to its 50 day moving average so I am expanding the position with a 1% allocation from cash in the $41.50s area. There is a little gap at $40 on the chart, so I'll stop out much of the position on a move below $40 as that would be a clear break below the 50 day moving average.

On a sidenote - unless I am reading this iniative wrong Netease (NTES) should take a much bigger hit since it has licensed World of ********, but it is only down 2%. Hmm...

http://www.marketintelligencecenter.com/articles/957691
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=459842
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Options
    vbarbie wrote: »
    Correct me if Im wrong.. But in other Games i've played, whenever there was an anniversary event.. There was alot given to the players.. Many cool events or one single Great event wich gave everyone! the oportunity to win something really good for free , because it was their way to appreciate the loyalty of the players, Thus everyon loving the Anniversary events.. I don't see the love here, aren't we players supposed to be very very happy for this?

PW's anniversary was last month.

There was an item for players that had been there for one year, and then the boxes, unattainable without cash shopping.

So really, no reward for anyone except those with money and those fortunate to be playing when the game was new.
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vbarbie
    vbarbie Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Correct me if Im wrong.. But in other Games i've played, whenever there was an anniversary event.. There was alot given to the players.. Many cool events or one single Great event wich gave everyone! the oportunity to win something really good for free , because it was their way to appreciate the loyalty of the players, Thus everyone loving the Anniversary events.. I don't see the love here, aren't we players supposed to be very very happy for this?
  • bawksy
    bawksy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    vbarbie wrote: »

Enjoy your mount. Oh right.. You're account had to be created on a certain date in oder to get one. b:surrender
    inb4 Alexeno

ಠೈಠ Troll-sauce-face made by Konariraiden
    When you see it.. Just don't post again.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Man, Im gonna see more of those glitch lobsters!

b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    If they were losing money I doubt that driving off there remaining fanbase isn't the solution.

After all why do you think they started not making as much money after september? Because people quit during september over the packs and then it started to show. The solution? Kill off the remaining players. F2P players will leave and without people to buy gold at crazy prices cashshoppers will have no one to sell to and then there will be no one left.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Poor Spoons. I like him. But he'll forever be labeled as the poor guy that said PWI was listening to our feedback. I don't think anybody's credibility can recover from that, no matter how sincere or genuinely nice they are.

This is probably true, as much as I like the packs (I think they're great short term... really bad long term though), the vast majority of the playerbase, or atleast of the vocal playerbase, which is who they would get their feedback from anyways absolutely despise the packs. Either PWI listens and doesn't care or isn't listening.
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    the links i posted are the most current, as of 11 hours ago.

seeing this info on the market watches, that China has clamped down on online gaming, makes me worry that we might actually lose this game altogether.

now im not angry, but worried.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • SoultheWolf - Lost City
    SoultheWolf - Lost City Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Ok, I usually don't post in the forums but this time I'm just getting pissed off.
    I love playing PW, but I do not cash shop. I have lvled all my 89 levels (soon to be 90) without using oracles to level. I've worked my **** off for everything I own in there, hours apon hours of grinding. And if it wasn't for my good friends I wouldn't have near enough that I do have.
    Look, you're taking all the FUN OUT OF THE GAME! The game is meant to be challenging and have fun, not "lets see who spend the most money a day!" or "lets cheat and get to level 100 using all oracles and buy our HH, Frost, and Lunar weapons using real money!"
    Look PWI not everyone is rich and can't spend money in the game. You say this is a free game, but you keep adding patches that shows it more and more that the only way to get anything is to spend real money. I remember when gold prices were under 100k, now they are what? 600k or more? So, whats the fun in playing a game if the only way you're going to have anything is to spend real money? There are other people that play your game and have fun without spending any of your money.
    Oh ya, you guys only care about getting your damn money not keeping your players. But, how're you going to get money with no players?
    Good job PWI, ruin you're own game cause of your selfish. Way to go!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Beefcake_ - Lost City
    _Beefcake_ - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    IS this an April Fools joke? because the real one wasnt good enough.....

WAT THEE HEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

My thoughts exactly.

Anyone wanna PM me the names a few non-chinese games comparable to PW? :o
  • NonameWiz - Sanctuary
    NonameWiz - Sanctuary Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

seeing this info on the market watches, that China has clamped down on online gaming, makes me worry that we might actually lose this game altogether.

QFT. Hope it will last longer than 1yr b:thanks
    Rank 8 Wizard: 1% farm b:shutup
  • Dekureia - Lost City
    Dekureia - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    This is freaking rediculous. I was annoyed enough when these packs were first released. It's destroying the game economy and I for one was happy to see them go. Now that they are back again I am severely pissed off. Seems it's the companies demands over how the player thinks or feels about them, that in itself is saying a lot.
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Poor Spoons. b:sad

He's my favourite GM and he doesn't deserve to go through this. But he's got the misfortune to be working at a company that doesn't care about its playerbase: just how much money it can make from its game.

Spoons, PWI doesn't deserve you b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KingTank - Heavens Tear
    KingTank - Heavens Tear Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Everyone is asleep, this is just a nightmare
  • Starr - Harshlands
    Starr - Harshlands Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    oh i am sooo going to log in when servers are up. just to lmfao at every name i see in red letters.
    gg PWI. you broke the game further than i thought ever possible.
    the good Starr
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Options
    PWI dev's mantra "If it ain't broke, add cash shop items. If it is broke, add MORE cash shop items and maybe nobody will notice."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Poor Spoons. b:sad

He's my favourite GM and he doesn't deserve to go through this. But he's got the misfortune to be working at a company that doesn't care about its playerbase: just how much money it can make from its game.

Spoons, PWI doesn't deserve you b:cry

I hope the GMs wake up early tomorrow.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • Flare - Heavens Tear
    Flare - Heavens Tear Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

if this game indeed disappears, all I need is 99 then I can care less, there are always other gamesb:bye
    100% Free to Play: +12 G16 axes, +12 G16 Fists,full +10ed armor
    You registered on: 2008-08-26 18:12:33
    Two Words: Old School
    Barbmaster: Literally - 23.6k hp BM, 19.8k hp BM, 33.3k hp Barb
    Shiniest BM/Barb aroundb:cute
    I check the PWI homepage for fail new updates/greed salesb:laugh
  • _Beefcake_ - Lost City
    _Beefcake_ - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    WOOT i get to save that $50 i was about to spend on pw OHH WELL!!b:chuckle
  • Anarchy - Harshlands
    Anarchy - Harshlands Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    i quit fk it.
  • LeirtA - Lost City
    LeirtA - Lost City Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    PWI = Pay2Win International
    b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6J9LLe2Jlg<- One of my best loved piece of trance track
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Options
    PayPal International? b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TeresaSyri - Heavens Tear
    TeresaSyri - Heavens Tear Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    PWI = Pay2Win International
    b:laugh

Jesus.... sadly you're exactly right!! DX

I was seriously hoping prices would go down so I could finally get another herc at a lowish price but now... **** it lol. This is rediculous! That and seems like the only way to get anything good anymore is to pay with real money, leaving those of us trying to avoid that in the dirt. >_<;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.