cq and gold price (?)

Options
davijohans
davijohans Posts: 72 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Twilight Temple (West)
imma put it as a question, since its just a thought i had but:

can it be that since CQ (highrank) members got TONS of coins, and the best stuff are usually payed with gold, that the reason for the high gold price in non event time is that they can efford it ( while most of us cant...)?

like, if they use like.. 800k a week for CS, pots and repairment, the rest 2m a week ( avarage) can be saved and used to get gold, i dinno meny ppl who got 2m coins a week for ..saving and investments..

just saying, it just another reason for every single guild on LC to work against cq ( other than the land control and pvp domination), IMO , the guilds who side with cq are selling the rest of the server out for some cq leftovers, and i hope they all end up like GZ did.

go rq&spectral, keep on fighting the good war.
Post edited by davijohans on

Comments

• DestroyTokyo - Lost City
    DestroyTokyo - Lost City Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    davijohans wrote: »

can it be that since CQ (highrank) members got TONS of coins, and the best stuff are usually payed with gold, that the reason for the high gold price in non event time is that they can efford it ( while most of us cant...)?

like, if they use like.. 800k a week for CS, pots and repairment, the rest 2m a week ( avarage) can be saved and used to get gold, i dinno meny ppl who got 2m coins a week for ..saving and investments..

just saying, it just another reason for every single guild on LC to work against cq ( other than the land control and pvp domination), IMO , the guilds who side with cq are selling the rest of the server out for some cq leftovers, and i hope they all end up like GZ did.

There is indeed a very simple answer to all of this....

You have no idea what you're talking about.
    9x WB
    Voted "Best WB on Lost City Server" b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Phsyco - Lost City
    Phsyco - Lost City Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    imma Put It As A Question, Since Its Just A Thought I Had But:

Can It Be That Since Cq (highrank) Members Got Tons Of Coins, And The Best Stuff Are Usually Payed With Gold, That The Reason For The High Gold Price In Non Event Time Is That They Can Efford It ( While Most Of Us Cant...)?

Like, If They Use Like.. 800k A Week For Cs, Pots And Repairment, The Rest 2m A Week ( Avarage) Can Be Saved And Used To Get Gold, I Dinno Meny Ppl Who Got 2m Coins A Week For ..saving And Investments..

Just Saying, It Just Another Reason For Every Single Guild On Lc To Work Against Cq ( Other Than The Land Control And Pvp Domination), Imo , The Guilds Who Side With Cq Are Selling The Rest Of The Server Out For Some Cq Leftovers, And I Hope They All End Up Like Gz Did.

Go Rq&spectral, Keep On Fighting The Good War.

Qft..........
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    CQ is ruining the economy, we must take them down.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • Xtacy - Lost City
    Xtacy - Lost City Posts: 1,281 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

I hate to bring some valid points into your thoughts but it has to be done. Again just like every other idiot that has come onto the forums trying to make CQ sound like the bad people, you are trying your best to say that CQ's land owning is the reason for gold prices increasing.

If you knew the real reason you would know for yourself how stupid you sound. It isn't CQ's fault it is any cash shopper on the server that want ingame gold for their own personal advantages.

Yes, CQ has some cash shoppers now and Spectral harbors the rest. So blame it on those cash shoppers out there because really, 3.5m a week can not ruin the server. People farming HH everyday all day can do better than that. Stop being **** for once and coming up with conclusions that have no logic in it.
    Conqueror
    Kamisama
    Instinct

I guess I don't choose different paths b:shutup
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Why does this sound familiar?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Starr - Harshlands
    Starr - Harshlands Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

oh good Lord *faints* the fact that you seriously put thought into this concept floors me.
    let me explain as simply as i can. the gold prices have NOTHING to do with CQ or any other one guild. high gold prices have to do with people buying gold at high prices. if no one buys gold at 400k what happens? the person who put the gold in will enter it at a lower price. for all you know RQ and Spec are the ones buying it at 400k. ever thought about that?

easier way for you to attempt to "fix" the server is to stand by the auctioneer and shout in all chat: DONT BUY GOLD UNTIL IT IS AT XXXX AMOUNT.
    the good Starr
  • LaTrappe - Lost City
    LaTrappe - Lost City Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Interestingly recently while bored and PWI-less I was pondering the Lost City economy. It strikes me that this game is designed with a flaw in the economical development area.

As the servers on PWI grow and land is taken.. (by any guild not just CQ) over time the server becomes flooded with coins. Each week millions more coins come into the server from no where through the TW system. Now here in lies the problem... there are no in game services which are needed/ used enough to filter the coin back out. In other games you would need to buy potions - weapons armour and all manner of things with in game gold. However in PWI these things arent needed they are controlled through the cash shop. Heiros replace pots and armour and weapons are freely farmed - upgrades for gearare obtained through CSing - Most people dont use teleportation - buy res scrolls - or any npc items. Once upon a time lots of coin was filtered out through npc shard manufacture, but recently that too has died due to shards being readily avalible through other means.

This in turn means that the coin is flowing from player to player, but the coin never drains away. If there is an abundance of gold.. and an infinitely increasing supply entering the server is it any wonder that it becomes constantly more worthless? I mean if the world had an infinite supply of oil I doubt gas prices would keep rising.

Imagine, if you will, a fat man with a cork in his butt... this fat man keeps being fed cake from a infinitely supplying cake machine... lets for arguements sake call this cake machine - PWI's TW payments and lets call our fat man Mr.Server.... now Mr server keeps eating the cake, and some of it is processed into his body, however most of the cake which is not absorbed needs to go somewhere...but it cant.. because Mr.Server has a cork in his butt... So Mr. Server becomes backed up... and gets a stomach ache because he cant pass out the waste product of the cake.... eventually Mr.Server becomes so overloaded with cake he dies and explodes everywhere In a shower of goo and cake.

So end my ponderings and musings for today.

(Also someone with mad 1337 paint skills please draw a diagram of my fat cake man theory of PWI economics.)
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    oh shiet deja vu
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    It's a Mini-MiniTank
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • LaTrappe - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Options
    It's a Mini-MiniTank

In Which case we need a Mini-Me to get this thread locked.
  • Xtacy - Lost City
    Xtacy - Lost City Posts: 1,281 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    It's a Mini-MiniTank

I agree. It has to be him
    Conqueror
    Kamisama
    Instinct

I guess I don't choose different paths b:shutup
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Options
    In Which case we need a Mini-Me to get this thread locked.

Your "fat man" Theory might do it....b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• LaTrappe - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Your "fat man" Theory might do it....b:shocked

My fat man theory needs a thread all of its own.... and to be stickied for all of the "CQ ruins teh economiez" people.
  • Imreallybig - Lost City
    Imreallybig - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

im really big
  • Ottogi - Lost City
    Ottogi - Lost City Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    THANK GOD someone finally made a CQ vs Spec/RQ thread pointing out how CQ hurts the server. I was wondering when someone would get the cojones to do it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

Please go learn proper English capitalization and punctuation. I only got to half way of your wall of text cause it was hard to read your Br.
  • KedgeSniper - Lost City
    KedgeSniper - Lost City Posts: 733 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Latrappe should be a kindergarden teacher.

Now.. Gold price is around the same in ALL servers. not only lost city has gold for 600k.

Pw economy = real economy

Cash shooper buy packs, no one want to sell gold.. but buy packs.. More people want gold.. But there's not enough so price go up. Since people PAY for it.. Gold stays the same.(not only cq buys gold ingame)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Face the fear. Face a war. Face the world.
    Leeching CQ salary since 09'
    Many names, Common Faces.
    edited October 2009
    Options
    THANK GOD someone finally made a CQ vs Spec/RQ thread pointing out how CQ hurts the server. I was wondering when someone would get the cojones to do it.

I BLAME SUTEKI EVERYONE KOS tHEM!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • davijohans
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Azura, ill cap. the sentnces, but im not gonna check spelling much, also its kinnda non-relevent to the topic.

Trappe, your theory sounds good and should be broght to devs attantion.However u should notice that when all the "extra" coins are spread among 500ppl each week than they will waste it for daily uses, but when same 80 ppl have it each week than the effect is much more noticable and harmming.

And about the facts, well avarege cq memeber will get 2.7mil a week, dailys are 80k a day and pots and gear fix are some more, so 2m coins who falls under trappes "extra" definitons per week per cq member sounds like a close guess.
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Azura, ill cap. the sentnces, but im not gonna check spelling much, also its kinnda non-relevent to the topic.

Trappe, your theory sounds good and should be broght to devs attantion.However u should notice that when all the "extra" coins are spread among 500ppl each week than they will waste it for daily uses, but when same 80 ppl have it each week than the effect is much more noticable and harmming.

And about the facts, well avarege cq memeber will get 2.7mil a week, dailys are 80k a day and pots and gear fix are some more, so 2m coins who falls under trappes "extra" definitons per week per cq member sounds like a close guess.

IF they buy gold with coin... MONEY goes to the cash shopper sellin GOLD.. Either way the cash shopper is the one gettin RICh and are the ones to blame for increasing price
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • davijohans
    edited October 2009
    Options
    IF they buy gold with coin... MONEY goes to the cash shopper sellin GOLD.. Either way the cash shopper is the one gettin RICh and are the ones to blame for increasing price

Nope, they just selling for the highest bidders, theres no reason to blame a gold seller.
    Also cq are not to be blamed. Since they are simply serving there best intrest, and if they can bid on gold when some1 else cant i dont expact them not to.
    The 1s to blame are the mid-big guilds, espacially the leadership, who fail to see the greater good in allying all vs cq.
  • Arganoth - Lost City
    Arganoth - Lost City Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Imagine, if you will, a fat man with a cork in his butt... this fat man keeps being fed cake from a infinitely supplying cake machine... lets for arguements sake call this cake machine - PWI's TW payments and lets call our fat man Mr.Server.... now Mr server keeps eating the cake, and some of it is processed into his body, however most of the cake which is not absorbed needs to go somewhere...but it cant.. because Mr.Server has a cork in his butt... So Mr. Server becomes backed up... and gets a stomach ache because he cant pass out the waste product of the cake.... eventually Mr.Server becomes so overloaded with cake he dies and explodes everywhere In a shower of goo and cake.

(Also someone with mad 1337 paint skills please draw a diagram of my fat cake man theory of PWI economics.)

i loled 10chars
  • Breathe - Lost City
    Breathe - Lost City Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

Because CQ gets so many coins a week, they all have +12 CV weapons/event armor, right? >_>
  • Thedarkrealm - Lost City
    Thedarkrealm - Lost City Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    successful troll is successful lol

one person makes a post about CQ being rich and controlling things and CQ piles in to defend them self by calling OP an idiot. You all just got had, this is an obvious troll on CQ.

You can't deny that cq is rich and powerful and controls nearly the whole map or that they arent much help to their allies, at least I've yet to see them be any help. But I'll agree it is sort of a streach to say they control something that is player based supply and demand, if you dont like the gold price then dont buy it, if enough people dont buy then prices go down. The same can be said for the reverse, if people buy for a high price then it goes up and although cq members might be buying/selling, they arent all of the listings.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

I was eating....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • syl
    syl Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    successful troll is successful lol

one person makes a post about CQ being rich and controlling things and CQ piles in to defend them self by calling OP an idiot. You all just got had, this is an obvious troll on CQ.

You can't deny that cq is rich and powerful and controls nearly the whole map or that they arent much help to their allies, at least I've yet to see them be any help. But I'll agree it is sort of a streach to say they control something that is player based supply and demand, if you dont like the gold price then dont buy it, if enough people dont buy then prices go down. The same can be said for the reverse, if people buy for a high price then it goes up and although cq members might be buying/selling, they arent all of the listings.

i agree

look at those 4 cq members piling to defend cq. ahahaha u got trolled, how does it feel?
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I was eating....

Lesson learned...

Never eat and read the forums at the same time.

^^ Words to live by...let me know if you would like to Read the Lobster story b:surrenderb:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Lesson learned...

Never eat and read the forums at the same time.

^^ Words to live by...let me know if you would like to Read the Lobster story b:surrenderb:shutup

I just finished some pasta. No thanks. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    The problem is the lack of money sink... in a way, salary ruins the server, but it doesn't matter whether it's one guild holding land or twenty. The fact that there's what, 500m going into the economy every week means that people will have a lot of money to spend. An economy with a lot of money means higher prices on just about anything.

And the money stays in circulation;
    - Gear repairs aren't going to do much
    - Pots? Are gotten through cash shop (ty jolly jones)
    - Shards? Are gotten through cash shop (both events)
    - TW? Uh, how much is actually lost there every week? Some towers/cata's/bidding

Other than that there's things like buying molds and armor/weapons, but that only really happens at lower levels. May have forgotten something, but I doubt it could have a significant effect. Feel free to correct.

Now add the fact that you basically get 10m going into the economy every time 2 best luck tokens are gotten through packs... and the standard coin/DQ/equip drops and so on.

Goodbye economy.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.