Arcane VS L.A. ONCE AND FOR ALL!

Comments

• prof
    prof Posts: 1,111
    edited October 2009
    he's level 83 and has about 107 base agi. he's doing something terribly, terribly wrong.

no point in stacking so much crit when it nullifies your damage.

my magic attack, magic defense, hp and mp are all suppier to his at the same level. he has 5% more crit and some-what higher pdef(I think 8x I was around 5k pdef self buffed. cba to find it).

doesn't seem like a huge increase for what I would've lost.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    prof wrote: »
    he's level 83 and has about 107 base agi. he's doing something terribly, terribly wrong.

no point in stacking so much crit when it nullifies your damage.

my magic attack, magic defense, hp and mp are all suppier to his at the same level. he has 5% more crit and some-what higher pdef(I think 8x I was around 5k pdef self buffed. cba to find it).

doesn't seem like a huge increase for what I would've lost.

im doing nothing wrong. Without equipment my dex is enough for tt80, with equipment my dex is 107. LA has helped. prof remember my armor is +2 with g6 citrines. I still have to get my tt80 gold boots. after that i might upgrade a tiny bit ^^
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Mizou, just lvl up ...
    You might be a LA wizzie with a cool crit rate than can poke to death some bad build barbs/BMs/Archers, but you're still a oneshot debuffed.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • yeefong
    yeefong Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    im doing nothing wrong. Without equipment my dex is enough for tt80, with equipment my dex is 107. LA has helped. prof remember my armor is +2 with g6 citrines. I still have to get my tt80 gold boots. after that i might upgrade a tiny bit ^^

I don't think those idiots understand the concept of LA wiz rely on crit damage...
  • yeefong
    edited October 2009
    Mizou, just lvl up ...
    You might be a LA wizzie with a cool crit rate than can poke to death some bad build barbs/BMs/Archers, but you're still a oneshot debuffed.

I can see him 1 shot u with udine/sleep/Bt/genie w/e in his arsenal b:surrender
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2009
    if he doesn't crit on that BT, nope. And that's basically his only chance to get me, a BT crit. Might happen sooner or later, but rather later than sooner and not too often.
    But I can 1 shot him without a crit, Don't even have to use any genie skill, that would be overkill. And I'm not talking about 2 spark hits here.
    Yeefong, I don't think u understand the concept of having a ****ty mag def against a class that can debuff you and deal the biggest magic dmg in the game.

BTW Mizou, what's your HP right now?

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    if he doesn't crit on that BT, nope. And that's basically his only chance to get me, a BT crit. Might happen sooner or later, but rather later than sooner and not too often.
    But I can 1 shot him without a crit, Don't even have to use any genie skill, that would be overkill. And I'm not talking about 2 spark hits here.
    Yeefong, I don't think u understand the concept of having a ****ty mag def against a class that can debuff you and deal the biggest magic dmg in the game.

Just a thought here, and correct me if I'm wrong, but don't wizards get some pretty amazing genie skills? Like ones that make you completely immune to Earth, and Water for several seconds? So unless you're using Fire... You're not going to cause any damage... Which is actually what I have planned for my Wizard. Since he's HA... I plan on having Wood, Metal, Water, and Earth Immunities on him. All I need is enough Vit to pop Water, and Earth, and I've got almost every single thing covered. Stupid Fire...

Edit... My bad... There's an Immunity to Fire as well... Hehehehe. This might turn out to be very fun.
  • yeefong
    edited October 2009

obviously the only time when u survive a BT lev9 is in ur dreams b:pleased
    let's not talk abt mage star coz if he pop that..u r as good as dead. And NO u can't 1 shot a debuffed LA if he has a good HP armor stupid.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2009
    lol, yeefong ... Your tiny brain still thinks I'll just stay there and wait to be hit by a lvl9 BT? Even If I'm slept for some reason, he'd still be having a hard time to pull out at 83 a not crit tempest that can 1 shot me. If genies are comming into discussion, I can just simple 1 shot him with a frenzy gush/pyro ( and not talk about sparks 'cause a sparked undined hit might just send him back in time) so let's stop the discussion before genie use.

an LA wizard crit is not something to underestimate, but so far I have to see a Arcane wizard lose to a LA, even at same lvl with equally refined wpn/gear (and don't give me examples with r-tards and scroll babies). LA might have an easier life against melee/phys classes, but against magic ones ... lol.

there is so much u need to learn about this game I'm not even bother to talk to you again unless you're trying to make some sense in what you're talking about.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • yeefong
    edited October 2009
    more gibberish talk from ursa b:chuckle u sleep when he uses soro whisper and at his level he can 1 shot with BT and prob it will probably be an overkill too b:thanks

you are wat...7 lev higher than him..big deal -_-'
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2009
    lol, ignorance is bliss isn't it?

you just shown how little you know about this game

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • yeefong
    edited October 2009
    lol, yeefong ... Your tiny brain still thinks I'll just stay there and wait to be hit by a lvl9 BT? Even If I'm slept for some reason, he'd still be having a hard time to pull out at 83 a not crit tempest that can 1 shot me. If genies are comming into discussion, I can just simple 1 shot him with a frenzy gush/pyro ( and not talk about sparks 'cause a sparked undined hit might just send him back in time) so let's stop the discussion before genie use.

an LA wizard crit is not something to underestimate, but so far I have to see a Arcane wizard lose to a LA, even at same lvl with equally refined wpn/gear (and don't give me examples with r-tards and scroll babies). LA might have an easier life against melee/phys classes, but against magic ones ... lol.

there is so much u need to learn about this game I'm not even bother to talk to you again unless you're trying to make some sense in what you're talking about.

maybe ur server is so pathetic there's no decent LA wiz so UUrsa running around pking lev70 with 3* gears..and think.."i am soo proo now yoo b:victory"
  • yeefong
    edited October 2009
    lol, ignorance is bliss isn't it?

idiots trying hard to prevail no? b:surrender
  • prof
    edited October 2009
    yeefong: I've never been 1 hit by a light armour mage in my entire life. especially not one who's purposely gimping himself and using +2 gears. he might crit.. I don't know, 2k? 1.5k? maybe that's too high, 800? hell if I know.

on the other hand, I can 1 hit 5/6 classes with pyro tempest. and no those aren't the nongeared people like mizouni, those are people with +12 defense accessories. and when I get 99 and learn the dark version, it'll become that much easier

maybe you light mages will hit 90 and have the revelation that most of this forum has had already: "light sucks".
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2009
    yeefong wrote: »
    idiots trying hard to prevail no? b:surrender

hmmm...not really.
    I've been winning duels against 83-84 LA mages since I've been 77. Those guys were at least decent enough to admit that they get owned by robes.
    Now, I really really want to see how the hell a 83 LA mage can 1shot me when now I have about 10% more mdef, 1.3k more HP and almost twice the Pdef I had back then. Really, I want to see that happening. And moreover, one of those LA mages I was talking about was a really good PKer and his gear was prolly the best u can get LA wise, refined and socketed.
    I have facts, u have words, so b:bye. Go get some knowledge and come back later

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HealHamsta - Lost City
    HealHamsta - Lost City Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    hmmm...not really.
    I've been winning duels against 83-84 LA mages since I've been 77. Those guys were at least decent enough to admit that they get owned by robes.
    Now, I really really want to see how the hell a 83 LA mage can 1shot me when now I have about 10% more mdef, 1.3k more HP and almost twice the Pdef I had back then. Really, I want to see that happening. And moreover, one of those LA mages I was talking about was a really good PKer and his gear was prolly the best u can get LA wise, refined and socketed.
    I have facts, u have words, so b:bye. Go get some knowledge and come back later

same. except i've been beating LA since level 30 (Except those cases where they're armed with mold gear and now TT gear I suppose) and my gear sucks ****.
    b:surrender

<- aw fiddlesticks meant to post on my wizard.
    (>.<)'

and who said you have to be LA in PvP servers?
    xD
    me prove them wrong. I PvP just fine. (Better in fact lol bm/archers just get em from behind with sutra your extra full mag damage will kill em/ barbs kite like theres no tomorrow/ clerics errrr.... still working on that *darn sleep* T.T' also haven't really met any clerics I had/wanted to pk. Venos/ kite (unless they have nixes then run away. xD)
    (^.^)
    and I suppose Coh does too.
    =D
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2009
    CHILI cant one shot me without demon spark, crit or ult. He has tt90 gold sword. You really think you can one shot me ursa? i was lvl 79 btw so you do the math. I dont know what the hell your problem is. You used to be a really cool person. prof i dont need good gear to be good i have logic to help me. Im not refining past +3 so i think that 200 hp can wait. LA is hard im not going to sugar coat it. Playing as a LA wiz takes patience. I cant wait to 9x where i can use this invaluable experience LA has given me as a pure wiz. BTW although it may seem like it, im not stupid. Dont underestimate me.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
  • prof
    edited October 2009
    Ursa seems nice, you just act like a know-it-all. truly annoying if I do say so myself. you think your words are going to fight a fight that will never happen. I'll shove that light armour up your **** given the chance. b:bye

and ya, you do need good gear. I don't care how logical you think you are, this game isn't based on logic. it's based on the cash shop.
  • JediPandaX - Sanctuary
    JediPandaX - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    So when should i switch over to Arcane, at what lvl. and are you talking about resets, or just funneling points into mag from then?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]The Phantom Zone of ultimate MaDdNeSs is A ROOM WTH A MOOSE!
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    So when should i switch over to Arcane, at what lvl. and are you talking about resets, or just funneling points into mag from then?

Sometime at/around level 90. (O.o)
    They talking about resets not funneling points.
    b:victory

or....you could be like 10% of the people here (according to the poll) and roll other build!
    LOLS~~
    heavy build anyone?
    xD

Muhahah me am a full mag robe wizard because me like big numbers. Even when I get hit.
    D:
    wait thats bad.
    (>.<)'
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2009
    Ursa seems nice, you just act like a know-it-all. truly annoying if I do say so myself. you think your words are going to fight a fight that will never happen. I'll shove that light armour up your **** given the chance. b:bye

and ya, you do need good gear. I don't care how logical you think you are, this game isn't based on logic. it's based on the cash shop.

I did not mean to seem like a know it all. if it makes you feel better, I DO NOT KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT THE WIZARD CLASS! Its just really annoying that people think arcane>LA. A decently built LA wiz can beat an arcane wiz. Being pure before, i know a pure mag wiz weakness and i can exploit it. Ursa and i used to be real cool, i dont know what is going on. Ursa, if i have offended you in any way i am sorryb:beg. As for prof, didnt you used to post how wizards suck? I am highly curious about this change in opinion.
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    CeliaZ - Sanctuary Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I did not mean to seem like a know it all. if it makes you feel better, I DO NOT KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT THE WIZARD CLASS! Its just really annoying that people think arcane>LA. A decently built LA wiz can beat an arcane wiz. Being pure before, i know a pure mag wiz weakness and i can exploit it. Ursa and i used to be real cool, i dont know what is going on. Ursa, if i have offended you in any way i am sorryb:beg. As for prof, didnt you used to post how wizards suck? I am highly curious about this change in opinion.

its also very annoying that people think sage>demon. Life isnt perfect, get over it...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2009
    Mizou, we're still cool.
    I replied to one of your posts a with a little sarcasm ( the one about 1 shoting you) and yeefong lit up. From there it just wend downhill.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • prof
    edited October 2009
    As for prof, didnt you used to post how wizards suck? I am highly curious about this change in opinion.

when and where? I came into this forum defending mages since I began here. its my original class. I played it before any other. the only opinions of mine that have changed is the choice of gears, because now I know what is available and now I know what is best for any mage to use.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2009
    prof, didn't you restat somwhere in the 90s?
    I think someone did that and wrote about it...can't remember who.

its also very annoying that people think sage>demon. Life isnt perfect, get over it...
    I am sage now. I've seen what Sage can do, I've seen what Demon can do. Not all, but i've seen a lot.
    Sage is always full chi. Chi skill is amazing. That gives me the posibility of more ultimates in TW and more often tripple spark in TW. I tripple spark now 4 times as often as I was double sparking before 89. Ultimates are just a joy and I don't have the Sage versions of them. I can just imagine what a Sage with all ultimates can do. Sage gives good def and breaks hell loose on AoE ultis. From full chi I can tripple spark land two hits and cast an ulti without chi pot(if the chi on pyro procs). How about that? and with a 2 chi pot land another to finish things off. Tripple sparked Tempest wipes out everything where it lands. Could I do that 1v1? quite hard. Can a demon land 2 ultis with demon spark? mmmm...not really.
    Demon is more focused on single target damage(channel speed reduction on spark, dmg addition to skills, crit to masteries, etc).
    For me, sage vs demon topic is closed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • prof
    edited October 2009
    prof, didn't you restat somwhere in the 90s?
    I think someone did that and wrote about it...can't remember who.

I've restatted many times between a few builds. I posted this about light armour vs. robes in the past:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=4122262
    at level 93 i've been back and forth between both builds a few times(friend is light armoured, he made it affordable b:surrender).

prof at 93:
    http://pwcalc.ru/my/?char=81601f7db3864b9c

i figure i'm "well off" when it comes to luck on getting my gears(except how all of my hh90 has lowest con and int bonuses b:sad). i've put a lot of work into it, it better work lol

now, when i use my friends armour:
    http://pwcalc.ru/my/?char=4eea71ced073c14a

i wont lie, his armour is better lol. he's still in a guild so he's still getting paid for tw. i'm guildless so i'll forever be +6. which idc cos i'm just going to decompose it eventually anyways.

with the light armour:

i hit ~600-800 points less on archers, which isn't a huge loss compared to hitting crits quite a bit more. but as you can see, 7% isn't a spectacular number. crits are still rare.

the increase in defense isn't very special either. archers are only hitting 200~400 less(which is a very insignificant number, lol). warriors hit a lot less but, warriors don't kill anyways. tanks are useless. priest are still ****. and yes, magics **** you now.

now with the robes:

i'm hitting higher, and crit rarely. but i promise you, the crits are a lot more satisfying lol

lesser defense makes archers harder to tank(i don't. i stun like a wr lol). but i have dark distance shrink. gf 5m radius b:bye

i've never really had a problem tanking a wr unless it's a 99+ fist wr w/ speed gears. that hurts, and it'll kill anyone lol. especially exke's +12 agamatanks

tanks are still useless until they get dark bko+perdition. even then, i just blizzard+blink. if i see a perdition coming > single fury burst b:bye

basically what i'm saying: i prefer robes. the skills i use suit it better. +i'm dark, and you ****'s all like holy and light armour, so i'm just the ugly duckling here.
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    CeliaZ - Sanctuary Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I am sage now. I've seen what Sage can do, I've seen what Demon can do. Not all, but i've seen a lot.
    Sage is always full chi. Chi skill is amazing. That gives me the posibility of more ultimates in TW and more often tripple spark in TW. I tripple spark now 4 times as often as I was double sparking before 89. Ultimates are just a joy and I don't have the Sage versions of them. I can just imagine what a Sage with all ultimates can do. Sage gives good def and breaks hell loose on AoE ultis. From full chi I can tripple spark land two hits and cast an ulti without chi pot(if the chi on pyro procs). How about that? and with a 2 chi pot land another to finish things off. Tripple sparked Tempest wipes out everything where it lands. Could I do that 1v1? quite hard. Can a demon land 2 ultis with demon spark? mmmm...not really.
    Demon is more focused on single target damage(channel speed reduction on spark, dmg addition to skills, crit to masteries, etc).
    For me, sage vs demon topic is closed.

Giving arguments first, saying discussion is closed second, not quite how it works... anyway, sage = tw, I dont do tw, sage = chi, I can live without infinite chi... so there's my answer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PrettySammy - Sanctuary
    PrettySammy - Sanctuary Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    My last words on this

LA and Arcane are both great. Its the PLAYER who makes the difference.

Arcanes get more firepower approx 15-22% per skill depending on build comparison and target.

Arcane however die fast at point blank range.

LA do less damage, but way more than any other class - period.

LA can survive mutliple blows at point blank.

And for the person (cleric I believe) who thinks they can survive lv 9 and above Blade Tempest, your either:
    A a lier,
    B in denial
    C already dead and therefore dreaming
    D Heavy Armor cleric and a failure anyway
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I don't need no pdef, cos I got ... BOOM HEADSHOT !
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2009
    Giving arguments first, saying discussion is closed second, not quite how it works... anyway, sage = tw, I dont do tw, sage = chi, I can live without infinite chi... so there's my answer.

Celia go to the white light! lol! Celia has more reasons to go demon than sage. But some of the combos you can pull off with sage is so amazing. Ursa you gonna help me test out triple ult sutra b:cute
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    My last words on this

LA and Arcane are both great. Its the PLAYER who makes the difference.

Arcanes get more firepower approx 15-22% per skill depending on build comparison and target.

Arcane however die fast at point blank range.

LA do less damage, but way more than any other class - period.

LA can survive mutliple blows at point blank.

And for the person (cleric I believe) who thinks they can survive lv 9 and above Blade Tempest, your either:
    A a lier,
    B in denial
    C already dead and therefore dreaming
    D Heavy Armor cleric and a failure anyway

arcane can easily have more survivability than LA. If you saw kristoph's screenshot comparing him and darkedge.. (darkedge was 9x LA with everything +5 or higher and kritoph 9x arcane with everything +5 or higher.. roughly equivalent gear) it showed how kritoph had significantly higher pdef and mres, and a little more hp.. kritoph also had more damage and about the same crit. There really isnt much of an argument as to what is better if u invest in your gear a bit(+5 gear HH90/decent molds/3*/whatever that has good stats). As a side note, last night i saw darkedge at village of naught and he insisted on one fight because i restated to pure and he wanted to show me how much better LA was. I still dont have my boots/wrists/belt cuz im poor, and the few things I have are +3 or +4, compared to his all +5, and his weapon is +7 with 2 immac HH90 glaive compared to my +6 1 flawless HH90 glaive. He easily had the gear advantag. i only have 3.8k pdef and 3.7k hp until i get the rest of my gear. Anyway we fought two times, first one lasted about 10 secs where i 2 shot him (poke followed by BT) then second one lasted over 5 mins (i kept wasted my chi because i was impatient) and then it was charm **** till i was **** and thought i was out of range but rly wasnt (after a distance shrink) and i died :( Anyway, the only reason i give the story is because I was really surprised how well i did against him being how much better his gear and level (he was 95 with several 92 skills) and to be honest, if we fought again im pretty sure i could beat him consistantly. arcane is much better than LA at 9x+.

I use a +6 HH 90 glaive as arcane.. lvl 10 BT wont one shot a decent cleric my level. I generally hit clerics anywhere from 4k+ to 3.2k depending on pdef and my dmg range of wep. Any cleric planning on PvP should be a vit build, and have at LEAST 4k hp at 90 (unbuffed). Im not saying they are impossible.. but i generally need to FoW poke sleep then BT, though after the first time they could easily just prepare for that strategy with a 79 skill.. plume shell, or some genie skill as im coming at them. The point is, its easily possible for a cleric to survive a lvl 10 BT.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]