Latest Release: Electric Daisy Carnival [20 June 2013]
    Total Videos: 38
    Subscribers: 1,775
    Total Views: 1.21 million

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    yeah i would lvoe this as im only using for TT+TW. anywhere else its kinda waste. atm im doing alot of FC.. soo im going uncharmed, mainly because of the 2 bosses at end which does the % of hp aoe. it always tick my charm no matter how good the clerics are. and when a charm tick for 9-10k each tick its no fun. the hp the aoe does it regaining easy before next aoe even just bb heal..
    a reason im not doing TT atm = doing Fc, so wont equip charm cos of burn. and cant go TT without charm lol.

or also make charms able to be customized to the % it tick .. no need to be able to unbound. jsut set tick percent to 0% lol.
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    or also make charms able to be customized to the % it tick .. no need to be able to unbound. jsut set tick percent to 0% lol.

Lol, personally I was thinking around 25%
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Ty - Heavens Tear
    Ty - Heavens Tear Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Lol, personally I was thinking around 25%

For PVP purposes I think 50% for an HP charm is about where you want to be. Any lower you increase the risk of being killed through your charm, any higher and you tick too early. I guess it depends on your max HP, barbs could get away with a lower setting. Although you never know when a 12k+ Sage BIDS is heading your way...
    I like pie
  • Chansore - Heavens Tear
    Chansore - Heavens Tear Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    For PVP purposes I think 50% for an HP charm is about where you want to be. Any lower you increase the risk of being killed through your charm, any higher and you tick too early. I guess it depends on your max HP, barbs could get away with a lower setting. Although you never know when a 12k+ Sage BIDS is heading your way...

>_> or 17k for that matter
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Founder of United Lions Liberation Front
    not to be confused with the
    ..Liberators Movement for Lions
    or.....Lions United Front
    or........United Lions Front for Liberation of all Lions

Retired b:bye but still trolllinnnnnn
  • Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear
    Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    An Mp charm ticks to early imo, its should tick at 50% like an HP charm, not at 75% (iirc) it does now.

HP charms being bound isnt a big issue for PvE, since 99% of the time on my BM it hardly ticks even when aoe grinding, I just use pots and sutra before it gets that low. I use it more of a safety net than anything else.

TT/FF are a differant matter.... bloody thing always ticks on the last boss in FF .... 5k aoe dmg b:cry
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I've suggested in the past that there be a tiny slider on the HP & MP charm, to self set the % tick. You could turn it up in TW when you want to make sure to stay high, & then turn it down to 0% while doing acts you'd rather not waste it. That way its not relying on any 1 persons oppinion as to what an appropriate setting to tick, but changes per user & situation.
  • LinZeta - Lost City
    LinZeta - Lost City Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I've suggested in the past that there be a tiny slider on the HP & MP charm, to self set the % tick. You could turn it up in TW when you want to make sure to stay high, & then turn it down to 0% while doing acts you'd rather not waste it. That way its not relying on any 1 persons oppinion as to what an appropriate setting to tick, but changes per user & situation.

OMG, I like this idea! XD

Possibly have a limit to 25-75% manageable tick.....YEAH.

b:victory
  • Miss_Tika - Lost City
    Miss_Tika - Lost City Posts: 730 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Wow thought this thread would die.

Anyway I agree with Ty, charms should remain "bound", so they cannot be sold/traded once equiped.

And @ eatwithspoons. Coming from a PvP server, I (and most of the server) PvP multiple times every day. Charms are only really needed for PvP...because in PvE there are many other options to choose from without "ticking" the charm.

Frustrated, QQ, whatever. I hope you can suggest this to the Devs.
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Forgot to mention it was an MP charm I was talking about.
    Anyway, if they end up doing something like this, they better make the cooldown rate adjust with the %, or else it'll be a contest of who's charm runs out first...and we don't want that...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Nicoal - Dreamweaver
    Nicoal - Dreamweaver Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    i like the idea of percentage based mana charms. HP charms shouldn't be adjusted though, for PVP they're fine. But in a rebirth with a mana aura at level 3 and a level 10 barrage it'd be lovely to have some give and not waste an entire gold MP charm =)

on a side note, why would spoons use pots? I thought that cape u get has like +999999999 pdef and +999999999 mag def? harpy wraith would hit like, 1's on you. your hp would regen faster than it would be lost!
  • turdburglary
    turdburglary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I know JD allows you to set a specific percent to use HP or SP pots. I wonder if something similar could be suggested/considered

ok call me noobie, but what is JD? yes i tried looking it up, but the search function doesn't work for most acronyms (they're too short). when i see the answer i'm sure i will kick myself.

[EDIT: yea i realized just after hitting reply... Jade Dynasty. i'm really overtired right now, but i'm ok w not getting that one cuz i've never played it. anywho...]

p.s. to spoons: see that's the trouble w being godly. u end up not being able to speak when u wish, for fear that the masses with only go crazy upon hearing your voice!

this is a most excellent idea. i'd expect that to be quite the crowd pleaser. then if someone died w their charm set too low, they would only have their self to blame and not the devs for once!
  • Miss_Tika - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    uhhh I'm pretty sure spoons plays a real char on one of the PvE servers. lol
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    this is a most excellent idea. i'd expect that to be quite the crowd pleaser. then if someone died w their charm set too low, they would only have their self to blame and not the devs for once!

No, they would come on the forums and complain to the devs that now they have to micromanage their charm, and how that is not fair, since they were in a hurry and forgot to check the setting, so they got killed and dropped <fill in blank>, which costed them a fortune.

If you have not kept up with reading most of the "scamming" threads, the common issue is that people were in a hurry and did not check the item they bought. So now you are suggesting that people get something that costs alot and that forces them to pay attention to its settings?????
    One setting is just fine. Maybe change HP to 50% like the HP charm, but you really do not want to give the players more options that requires them to spend money AND pay attention. That would just create more problem. Same with unbinding charms... than people would be able to sell partial ones, which in turn would cause other players that were in a hurry to buy the partialy used ones and assume they were new ones, than they would come into the forums and scream "scam".
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    on a side note, why would spoons use pots? I thought that cape u get has like +999999999 pdef and +999999999 mag def? harpy wraith would hit like, 1's on you. your hp would regen faster than it would be lost!

As far as I know, those are their GM characters, and therefore, are not an actual playable, in terms of we know it, character. I believe Spoons is referring to an actual in game character, which would be of a class that would not be allowed to have a GM set of gear, as this would horribly impact the game. I also think they're only allowed to have those so they look very shiny to us, but eh, whatever, right?

On topic, though. I wish they would allow the percentage to be changed for our charms. I can't actually use one as my Veno without burning through it like wildfire. 75% is a couple of spells for me, and since I usually use a combination of Double Spark, and Nature's Grace to keep my MP up, if I use a Mana Charm... It completely screws my playing style. And if I use an HP charm, it completely defeats the point in me using Metabolic Boost. What good does a 50% increase in HP do me, when my charm ticks at 50%? I usually try to have one on for Rebirth, TTs and FBs, in case something goes wrong, but if I go grinding afterwards... There goes the rest of my charm.
    edited October 2009
    As far as I know, those are their GM characters, and therefore, are not an actual playable, in terms of we know it, character. I believe Spoons is referring to an actual in game character, which would be of a class that would not be allowed to have a GM set of gear, as this would horribly impact the game. I also think they're only allowed to have those so they look very shiny to us, but eh, whatever, right?

On topic, though. I wish they would allow the percentage to be changed for our charms. I can't actually use one as my Veno without burning through it like wildfire. 75% is a couple of spells for me, and since I usually use a combination of Double Spark, and Nature's Grace to keep my MP up, if I use a Mana Charm... It completely screws my playing style. And if I use an HP charm, it completely defeats the point in me using Metabolic Boost. What good does a 50% increase in HP do me, when my charm ticks at 50%? I usually try to have one on for Rebirth, TTs and FBs, in case something goes wrong, but if I go grinding afterwards... There goes the rest of my charm.

Instead of a HP charm (excluding rebirths, at least until they address the dying sending you to 1k streams issue), just use an angel or two. If something happens in a TT or FB, you just revive in town and ran back, and since you have the angel, no experience lost, it is also much cheaper. Assuming this is all about saving money. If you are in a party and you know the cleric has demon res, than you don't even need to pack angels.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Instead of a HP charm (excluding rebirths, at least until they address the dying sending you to 1k streams issue), just use an angel or two. If something happens in a TT or FB, you just revive in town and ran back, and since you have the angel, no experience lost, it is also much cheaper. Assuming this is all about saving money. If you are in a party and you know the cleric has demon res, than you don't even need to pack angels.

Actually, I don't carry Charms for me. I carry Charms for my teammates. I have Alpha Male. Which means, if something goes down, I WANT the mobs to come after me. Which is why I also want the best survivability so none of us end up wiping. I deal with the mobs, the party stays alive, and we continue on our merry way with only a tiny interruption along the way.
  • Miss_Tika - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Well veno's who PvP and do HH at a regular basis.... lol

Wouldn't it be nice to take it off for HH and put it back on for PvP b:bye
  • Disappear - Lost City
    Disappear - Lost City Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Well veno's who PvP and do HH at a regular basis.... lol

Wouldn't it be nice to take it off for HH and put it back on for PvP b:bye

Miss Tika we need to get together
  • KrittyCat - Dreamweaver
    KrittyCat - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I haven't used a charm except for the ones I got from the boxes so far...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Signature credit to NowItsAwn)

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
  • AinaMizuako - Sanctuary
    AinaMizuako - Sanctuary Posts: 1,041 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Ah yes this question has been around as long as PWI has existed. I guess the bottom line is that charms, although they can be considered necessary in certain PVP situations, are not the only method of healing available.

Call me old school, but I rarely if ever use charms in game, the bulk of my hp and sp regen comes from potions.

Who needs charms when you have 1000000000 phy def and 1m HP? <.<

oh, right.. non-GM chars..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    oh look, i'm inactive again.

b> leviciti b:cry
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    No, they would come on the forums and complain to the devs that now they have to micromanage their charm, and how that is not fair, since they were in a hurry and forgot to check the setting, so they got killed and dropped <fill in blank>, which costed them a fortune.

If you have not kept up with reading most of the "scamming" threads, the common issue is that people were in a hurry and did not check the item they bought. So now you are suggesting that people get something that costs alot and that forces them to pay attention to its settings?????
    One setting is just fine. Maybe change HP to 50% like the HP charm, but you really do not want to give the players more options that requires them to spend money AND pay attention. That would just create more problem.

This is why the slider would be on the physical HP/MP bars on their character data in the upper left. It would be adjusted from right there, on screen. Also would be easily visible, to strongly see when the HP was about to hit that mark.
    Same with unbinding charms... than people would be able to sell partial ones, which in turn would cause other players that were in a hurry to buy the partialy used ones and assume they were new ones, than they would come into the forums and scream "scam".

Also here the idea would be to make them like Gold TT gear. Bound upon 1st equipping, but still removeable, just cannot be sold, traded, dropped, etc. I've also had a problem on my Veno, who i refuse to wear an MP charm on, the reason being that the fox form reduction in MP & then transformation back to humn forces a charm tick with every transformation, and its not even used MP. Well, once i accidentally double clicked when dragging & bam, MP charm equipped. It gives a warning if you already have one equipped & you'd be replacing, but nothing if the charm slot is empty. That bind warning would prevent accidental equipping of a charm for a forced bind in the 1st place.
  • Danteii - Lost City
    Danteii - Lost City Posts: 282 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Who needs charms when you have 1000000000 phy def and 1m HP? <.<

oh, right.. non-GM chars..

Forum Mods and GMs are very different.

GMs are PAID, Mods aren't.
    GMs have godlike stuff in game, Mods are normal players like you and me but they do stuff in the forums like cleaning meaningless topics/posts and use the banhamma (in forum only)!

This is what I found earlier HERE
    andracil wrote:
    You can't choose to become a mod. If you're active, friendly, helpful, and all on forums, we'll notice you, look into you, and discuss if you're capable of being one.
    Mods are unpaid volunteers btw, it's pretty ungrateful work, but I love it. GM's are paid, it's an actual job, so you have to treat it as one (go to office, work, not play, etc.)

So before you state something please do not post without knowing who GMs and Mods are.

p.s: thanks mods for cleaning the post trolls leave behind b:bye
    I am Liam Neeson, you may remember me in such films as I will find you and I will kill you. b:pleased
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    i like the idea of percentage based mana charms. HP charms shouldn't be adjusted though, for PVP they're fine. But in a rebirth with a mana aura at level 3 and a level 10 barrage it'd be lovely to have some give and not waste an entire gold MP charm =)

I thought you liked the spirit charm that way @75% but w/e.I hear chamrs are only needed for pvp server what about TW and Instances.It is thought that clerics always have charm at 75% we would burn through them fast doing TT or RB.I wouldn't mind being able to take it off when only grinding or set it at 25%.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Paulita - Dreamweaver
    Paulita - Dreamweaver Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Ya i wish i could set my mp charm to 25-50% i use quest potions more often as the mpcharm is backup when i run out
    b:shocked
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I'd set my hp charm to 5% or so most of the time unless I was dealing with something like rebirth. Most of the time all it gets used for is to refill my mp.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • IDe - Harshlands
    IDe - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I refuse to let this thread die, therefore i think it`s the best suggestion of 09.
    The sliding idea should be suggested to devs forsure.
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    GMs are PAID, Mods aren't.
    GMs have godlike stuff in game, Mods are normal players like you and me but they do stuff in the forums like cleaning meaningless topics/posts and use the banhamma (in forum only)!

Banhammer? I want!!! But will never get >_>

Seriously only admins can ban and then it is only a certain few even.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2009
    stuff.

So have option between 25-50-75% only and bind them. Those are good ideas.

That would make my HP charm last me over one year for a single gold one if I were to set it at 25% or less... and I am sure if I were to get a MP one it would last me pretty much forever at 25%....