Bound Charms

Options
Miss_Tika - Lost City
Miss_Tika - Lost City Posts: 730 Arc User
edited November 2009 in General Discussion
This has been bothering me, and many others since my time in PWI. Simple question; Why the hell are Charms bound? Why can't we equip them and unequip them as we please? Lol it really makes no sense at all. Should be somewhat like genies, can't take off/Change charms when in battle mode.

Only reason I can think of is; Since charms are bound, you'll use them when you dont want to, which leads to the need of more charms....
Post edited by Miss_Tika - Lost City on

Comments

• FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Because sales would plummet if they weren't bound.

A gold HP charm lasts me at least a week when bound. If I could equip/unequip it at will it would last me several months.

So yeah - I agree with your ninja edit while I was typing :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    This has been bothering me, and many others since my time in PWI. Simple question; Why the hell are Charms bound? Why can't we equip them and unequip them as we please? Lol it really makes no sense at all. Should be somewhat like genies, can't take off/Change charms when in battle mode.

Only reason I can think of is; Since charms are bound, you'll use them when you dont want to, which leads to the need of more charms....

Bingo...............
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    You can only dream...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Miss_Tika - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • Cosoc - Sanctuary
    Cosoc - Sanctuary Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    urm... imagine being pk'd and your charm drops...
    that would be the worst
    bound charm = good
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Miss_Tika - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    urm... imagine being pk'd and your charm drops...
    that would be the worst
    bound charm = good

Well like i said, if they could be unbound, they'll probably work like genies. Unable to drop and can only be taken off when not in combat
  • Cosoc - Sanctuary
    Cosoc - Sanctuary Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    ahk...
    yeah if they worked like a genie that would be sweet :)
    then they could realy call it perfect world ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Ah yes this question has been around as long as PWI has existed. I guess the bottom line is that charms, although they can be considered necessary in certain PVP situations, are not the only method of healing available.

Call me old school, but I rarely if ever use charms in game, the bulk of my hp and sp regen comes from potions.
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Well, now we know spoons isnt a barb/cleric. b:chuckle
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

Spoons also does not PK, as has been stated in some of his previous replies.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Well, only one explanation. Spoons is in a PvE server ($10 says its HT) playing a veno.
  • eatwithspoons
    edited September 2009
    Options
    My main is not a veno, and yes, I am not partial to PVP in this game other than TW.

But hey, this thread isn't about me :P
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Well, only one explanation. Spoons is in a PvE server ($10 says its HT) playing a veno.

He will never say so no point in guessing b:surrender

Back on topic --> This is irritating but I do not see it changing anytime soon. b:cry Soooo many MP charms b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
    edited September 2009
    Options

If he was a veno, the bulk of his regen would not come from potions but from transfussions, metabolic boost and natures grace.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • The_Champion - Sanctuary
    The_Champion - Sanctuary Posts: 988 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

Spoons = A GOD....Isn't it obvious :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sounds about right
    edited September 2009
    Options
    My main is not a veno, and yes, I am not partial to PVP in this game other than TW.

Spoons, all threads become related to you, haven't you learned that yet :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sounds about right
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    If they were not bound then they could be sold partially-used creating a secondary market for partial charms that can compete with the lower grade charms (bronze and silver).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I pretty sure spoons isnt a god from this angle.
    TwoBigSpoons800.jpg
    edited September 2009
    Options
    If they were not bound then they could be sold partially-used creating a secondary market for partial charms that can compete with the lower grade charms (bronze and silver).

And it would open the door for people to sell Gold charms with 1 hp left to players that do not pay attention when they buy stuff....

Can you just picture the ammount of complaining threads we would get in the forums?????
  • eatwithspoons
    edited September 2009
    Options
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I pretty sure spoons isnt a god from this angle.
    TwoBigSpoons800.jpg

Spoons can you play the spoons? Can anyone besides me play the spoons?

On topic: I agree that if they could be unbound then they could be sold partially which would would creat a second market and make life more difficult for the gm's. I pretty sure they have it hard enough with all us spammers...

(Spoons true form)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sounds about right
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Part of the point of charms is for them to fire when you don't want them to. Think of it as a tradeoff for the absolutely huge boost they provide.

I'm sure them being consumed is part of the reason too, which leads to more gold sales, although if they could be removed, more people would buy them since they would last longer.
  • Ty - Heavens Tear
    Ty - Heavens Tear Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Keep them bound, so once players equip they just can't be traded/sold like how gold TT gear works. Just allow them to be unequipped/re-equipped.

HP charms aren't so bad. But many casters would agree that the way MP charms work at the moment firing at 75% is very frustrating, it makes it almost impossible to benefit from the triple spark MP regen. IMO MP charms can afford to fire at 25%. It may cause problems with archers but many struggle to keep sage/demon barrage up at the best of times.
    I like pie
  • eatwithspoons
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I know JD allows you to set a specific percent to use HP or SP pots. I wonder if something similar could be suggested/considered
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    O_O isnt that kinda like a charm in its own way O.O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • Eviltwist - Lost City
    Eviltwist - Lost City Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I love how admins are trying to avoid answering the question and if they answer it, it doesn't make any sense b:laugh And yeah on topic it's all because they want your money b:victory
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I know JD allows you to set a specific percent to use HP or SP pots. I wonder if something similar could be suggested/considered

With JD you have a lot more options to set items, attacks, etc. then PW. With espers they can do quests without lifting a finger. our combos are close to that, but still require more player contact then espers. I could go on but it seems like it would turn out to be a JD complaint thread so I'll end with that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sounds about right
  • eatwithspoons
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I love how admins are trying to avoid answering the question and if they answer it, it doesn't make any sense b:laugh And yeah on topic it's all because they want your money b:victory

Flaming admins is not allowed, please take note of this warning. I could have very well ignored the entire topic, but I didn't.
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

Hmmm so spoons does TW.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

This would be great. The single greatest reason I don't use charms (usually) is because they tick way too high for me.