Rebirth Bug - Enhanced!!!

Options
Theia - Dreamweaver
Theia - Dreamweaver Posts: 50 Arc User
edited October 2009 in General Discussion
Rebirth.... we all know about 1k bug.
Its been here forever and ppl have found the way to continue and finish it even if someone get's out to 1k.
Trash aura quest, everyone go out and go in again. With right timing you can still be back in time to finish this instance, right?

WRONG!
After latest patch everyone that go out of instance FAIL their quest, making return to rebirth impossible. Also, porting to 1k seems much more common now (my friend got ported out with single mob hitting him and he had 7k HP)

So, instead of fixing year old bug, developers chose to make things even worst b:surrender

Will this problem be fix in coming patch or is here to stay?
Post edited by Theia - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    :o I noticed that when we left today, as soon as we got to 1k the quest failed... that's new, but hey maybe they planned it that way?
  • Theia - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Well.... opening chrono maps requires bosses from Rebirth Delta and so does culti for lev100. This task was difficult as it is (last 3 bosses in Delta for culti lev100) and now it seems almost impossible.
    Warsong city quest also fails once you get out of instance, but when you reenter you get quest back (call of duty quests stay in quest log even if u leave fb).... so i dont think this was planned.
  • TomoyoModoki - Sanctuary
    TomoyoModoki - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    haha wow... nd i was looking forward 2 delta...

hope they fix it soon... b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I've had someone get sent to 1k in the past 4 RB's I've done.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • Theia - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I've had someone get sent to 1k in the past 4 RB's I've done.

Let me guess, you finished gamma?
    What squad you used - 3 DD's or perfect squad?
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Various ones.

I've been sent to 1K with 3 DD parties, with archer,archer,BM,barb,veno,cleric parties, and with perfect squads.
  • Kar_rak - Sanctuary
    Kar_rak - Sanctuary Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    It's nice!! good devs :P Please fix this annoying bug, we are tired of reporting it...
    For a true Daeva's and Nakir's Swords! Sign at the post!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=163102
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Absoluth - Heavens Tear
    Absoluth - Heavens Tear Posts: 764 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Worry not my friends. Tideborn is coming bringing a whole new batch of bugs while keeping the old ones.
    PWI:
    "Free to play. Pay to win"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lightaine - Dreamweaver
    Lightaine - Dreamweaver Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Worry not my friends. Tideborn is coming bringing a whole new batch of bugs while keeping the old ones.

But while we wait...

Sales and more fashion!!!1one
    hai2u
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I was actually considering charging zhen to buy a set of gold charms until I heard about this. Still haven't tried gamma yet and figured I'm high enough now to give it a go.

Then I heard from a guild member who also did gamma for the first time that I'd need a whole bunch of teleport incense. And I was like.... wtf? That bug is months old, surely they've fixed it by now? And now they've added even more bugs?

Sorry, but I've said it before, and maybe the GM's could consider this a suggestion to pass on to the devs, because I'm sure many people feel the same.... but I will not put real money into a badly bugged game. For an mmo company it's amateurish and lazy and makes the game look of poor quality. I'm bouncing around rubberbanding all over the place, huge lines coming off lobster mounts, pets vanishing and doing half damage in swamps, fb59 bugged, rb badly bugged and a looooong list of others and I'm not exactly impressed to say the least b:sad
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Options
    BUT LOOK! FASHION IS ON SALE! HOW CAN YOU NOT CHARGE!!!lawlundercase
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Hmmm, we made a 1-k recovery recently but that might've been before the patch. Can someone confirm that this happens to Gamma also?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • ColdSnow - Dreamweaver
    ColdSnow - Dreamweaver Posts: 983 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Question: Is it even on purpose that one of members (when he dies) gets teleported to 1k? Seems to me randomly. Once i died as first and got teleported straight to 1k. Because if that...we failed ofc...

another Question: Is it still on purpose that headless and cats are bugged? Since they are annoying! This bug seems sooo old

last question: Is anyone actually still ineterested in TideBorns and cloths from late 90s in boutique? (created new Account on a*** yesterday, yay).
    If i m trolling and spamming on forum...then i cant sleep and need a good laugh
  • Norgannon - Lost City
    Norgannon - Lost City Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    1. Programmer produces code he believes is bug-free.
    2. Product is tested. 20 bugs are found.
    3. Programmer fixes 10 of the bugs and explains to the testing department that the other 10 aren't really bugs.
    4. Testing department finds that five of the fixes didn't work and discovers 15 new bugs.
    5. Repeat three times steps 3 and 4.
    6. Due to marketing pressure and an extremely premature product announcement based on overly-optimistic programming schedule, the product is released.
    7. Users find 137 new bugs.
    8. Original programmer, having cashed his royalty check, is nowhere to be found.
    9. Newly-assembled programming team fixes almost all of the 137 bugs, but introduce 456 new ones.
    10. Original programmer sends underpaid testing department a postcard from Fiji. Entire testing department quits.
    11. Company is bought in a hostile takeover by competitor using profits from their latest release, which had 783 bugs.
    12. New CEO is brought in by board of directors. He hires a programmer to redo program from scratch.
    13. Programmer produces code he believes is bug-free.
  • SultryShade - Dreamweaver
    SultryShade - Dreamweaver Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Question: Is it even on purpose that one of members (when he dies) gets teleported to 1k? Seems to me randomly. Once i died as first and got teleported straight to 1k. Because if that...we failed ofc...

another Question: Is it still on purpose that headless and cats are bugged? Since they are annoying! This bug seems sooo old

last question: Is anyone actually still ineterested in TideBorns and cloths from late 90s in boutique? (created new Account on a*** yesterday, yay).

I haven't done any RBs since this patch, but when I was in my late 70s and still learning RBs I died ALL THE TIME, and generally after about 5-10 deaths in close timing I'd get sent to 1k, but it was always rather random so who knows...

As for the tideborn, I'm mostly gone from the game again, I had fun for awhile but got bored again, but I'll be back to at least look at the tideborn see if its worth trying them...
    I will not hesitate to beat you over the head with your own stupidity.

Yes I am a hypocrite.
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    Options

The "bug" isn't really a bug (or at least it wasn't), when you die in happy valley you get sent to 1k. Occasionally you'll die in Reciprocity but lag so that you take damage when you spawn, if this damage kills you then you go to 1k end of story.

And the headless & cats = random aggro. Like any mob they reset if not attacking (just gotta get pro & deal with it b:pleased)

edit: and darkseph, teleport incense is to make the bean quests a lot easier; has nothing to do with bugs or glitches, just a cheap & dirty way to get your sixth squad mate back into reciprocity with all 8 quests done by the 2nd boss.
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Technically it isn't a "bug" in the sense of the word.

It's just a horribly designed flaw that needs to be reworked.
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Technically it isn't a "bug" in the sense of the word.

It's just a horribly designed flaw that needs to be reworked.

Meh, the only thing that ought be changed is the insta-warp when you die, if they let you choose when to go back to town then you'd be able to wait until the damage stopped = no lag-outs to 1k.... but seriously the instance is too freakin' easy as it is (especially beta and gamma), why would they need to make it easier?
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Just don't die. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Options
    edit: and darkseph, teleport incense is to make the bean quests a lot easier; has nothing to do with bugs or glitches, just a cheap & dirty way to get your sixth squad mate back into reciprocity with all 8 quests done by the 2nd boss.

ahh I see. Never done the instance before so excuse the mix-up b:chuckle

Getting teleported out to 1k streams and failing sounds a pain though. Would be nice to have this confimed before I go splashing out on charms. And I stand by what I said, this game is bugged beyond belief. Each patch fixes 1-2 and adds 4.
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Sorry, but I've said it before, and maybe the GM's could consider this a suggestion to pass on to the devs, because I'm sure many people feel the same.... but I will not put real money into a badly bugged game. For an mmo company it's amateurish and lazy and makes the game look of poor quality. I'm bouncing around rubberbanding all over the place, huge lines coming off lobster mounts, pets vanishing and doing half damage in swamps, fb59 bugged, rb badly bugged and a looooong list of others and I'm not exactly impressed to say the least b:sad

Welcome to the wonderful world of free to play games, where the major concern of the companies running them is to milk out as much money from their players before they leave disgusted by all the bugs that never get fixed b:chuckle.

This is not restrricted to PWI, they all are acting the same.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Keita - Heavens Tear
    Keita - Heavens Tear Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Yes, if at any time you go out to 1k whether you die or you just simply used the "Leave instance" pillar while rebirth is not completed yet, the quest will fail.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    1. Programmer produces code he believes is bug-free.
    2. Product is tested. 20 bugs are found.
    3. Programmer fixes 10 of the bugs and explains to the testing department that the other 10 aren't really bugs.
    4. Testing department finds that five of the fixes didn't work and discovers 15 new bugs.
    5. Repeat three times steps 3 and 4.
    6. Due to marketing pressure and an extremely premature product announcement based on overly-optimistic programming schedule, the product is released.
    7. Users find 137 new bugs.
    8. Original programmer, having cashed his royalty check, is nowhere to be found.
    9. Newly-assembled programming team fixes almost all of the 137 bugs, but introduce 456 new ones.
    10. Original programmer sends underpaid testing department a postcard from Fiji. Entire testing department quits.
    11. Company is bought in a hostile takeover by competitor using profits from their latest release, which had 783 bugs.
    12. New CEO is brought in by board of directors. He hires a programmer to redo program from scratch.
    13. Programmer produces code he believes is bug-free.
    i laughed b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Just don't die. b:surrender
    You make it sound so easy.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    You make it sound so easy.

In a good party it is. I've run deltas and there were only 1 or 2 deaths the entire time which were just from them being careless.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    In a good party it is. I've run deltas and there were only 1 or 2 deaths the entire time which were just from them being careless.
    You make it sound like pple are actually careful, watch the screen, and dont do any unnecessary and unannounced AFKs in PWI. Its a rare species you know b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Options

Ditto and agree....it is not too hard it is when people are not paying attn.

With the right squad it should be relatively easy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Ditto and agree....it is not too hard it is when people are not paying attn.

With the right squad it should be relatively easy.

I think potentially failing the quest for simply dieing is a bit harsh though. Disconnections, real life emergencies and simple accidents can and do happen in even the most well coordinated squad. After all we're all human, and playing the game is something we do to relax, not stress ourselves out paying 150% attention for hours non-stop.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I think potentially failing the quest for simply dieing is a bit harsh though. Disconnections, real life emergencies and simple accidents can and do happen in even the most well coordinated squad. After all we're all human, and playing the game is something we do to relax, not stress ourselves out paying 150% attention for hours non-stop.

Yes, but everything you mentioned above would most likely fail the gv anyways.

I am not in agreement of losing the quest, but I have yet to see it happen to be honest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• DarkSniper - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Yea it's mad easy with A GOOD SQUAD.

I've done gamma plenty of times before with 0 deaths the entire time when I was runnign with an experienced party. But on Lost City there are 3 barbs that are level 71-85. 2 of them have no idea what aggro is. Then you get people like skeleg who try to run it but they have no idea what to do.

Me: Kick the barb so I can cast barrage
    Skeleg: NO you drop party and cast on the mage.

I mean seriously, casting on the mage, when I casted on the mage if I had gotten a crit I would of one shot the mage.

Then there's mobot who was trying to tell everyone what to do when it was clear he had never run gamma before. I got no problem with people who don't know how to run gamma, I can show them what to do most of the time, but dont go in to the RB acting like you know how to do everything. (p.s, telling people to look out for the reflect wave in gamma shows you haven't completed it)

It's hard to find a good squad these days.