Rebirth Bug - Enhanced!!!

Options

Comments

• Absoluth - Heavens Tear
    Absoluth - Heavens Tear Posts: 764 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Whats funny is that this is probly the easiest bug to fix in the entire game. The root of the issue is that if you lag, you get like a 'lag hit' when you're in the chest area and thus get shifted to 1kstreams, right?

Solution? Death in chest area makes you spawn in chest area. There. Fixed. Easy and the entire gaming comunity is happy.
    PWI:
    "Free to play. Pay to win"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AkioHikaru - Sanctuary
    AkioHikaru - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I've already complained about this last week in another thread in support section. Getting kicked to 1k wasn't fun, but just plain sucks if having to restart..say stage 5 when the exp is getting decent. But at least we were able to salvage the quests.

Now its throwing away RL money I spend for charms for little exp..god forbid we're there for a culti quest.

This glitch also hurts opportunities to allow other players to participate. Example: we had a lvl 90 cleric in party..the cleric dies in stage 5 delta, gets kicked and sent back to 1k. We almost have enough aura to complete by leaving and coming back. Now because of this new "Failed Quest", the whole party is reluctant to invite that cleric again. Why? Cause all of us have wasted time and charms up to that point.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    This glitch also hurts opportunities to allow other players to participate. Example: we had a lvl 90 cleric in party..the cleric dies in stage 5 delta, gets kicked and sent back to 1k. We almost have enough aura to complete by leaving and coming back. Now because of this new "Failed Quest", the whole party is reluctant to invite that cleric again. Why? Cause all of us have wasted time and charms up to that point.

To me that is kinda lame. Everyone has died in GV at least once.

Just because died and was ported.....had that Cleric NOT been ported he/she might have been able to complete it.

Sounds lame to me....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Yea it's mad easy with A GOOD SQUAD.

I've done gamma plenty of times before with 0 deaths the entire time when I was runnign with an experienced party. But on Lost City there are 3 barbs that are level 71-85. 2 of them have no idea what aggro is. Then you get people like skeleg who try to run it but they have no idea what to do.

Me: Kick the barb so I can cast barrage
    Skeleg: NO you drop party and cast on the mage.

I mean seriously, casting on the mage, when I casted on the mage if I had gotten a crit I would of one shot the mage.

Then there's mobot who was trying to tell everyone what to do when it was clear he had never run gamma before. I got no problem with people who don't know how to run gamma, I can show them what to do most of the time, but dont go in to the RB acting like you know how to do everything. (p.s, telling people to look out for the reflect wave in gamma shows you haven't completed it)

It's hard to find a good squad these days.

I reminded my BMs to be careful on reflect wave b:chuckle

and that's new skeleg. Old one was good.
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

I mean seriously, casting on the mage, when I casted on the mage if I had gotten a crit I would of one shot the mage.

Why didn't you just cast it on the eye? Or wait for the fake eye if it's not the bonus squad?

The bonus lady also gives bonus bean twice sometimes... once at beginning and one more after first boss. Not sure how that works... We DO get 4 bean sprouts but normally use one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • SultryShade - Dreamweaver
    SultryShade - Dreamweaver Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Why didn't you just cast it on the eye? Or wait for the fake eye if it's not the bonus squad?

See this is my question, I read what he said and went wtf...As far as I can tell there is no logical reason not to barrage on the eye/fake eye
    I will not hesitate to beat you over the head with your own stupidity.

Yes I am a hypocrite.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    The best way to get these bugs looked at is to file a ticket every time this occurs. This is a flaw in the game that wastes a lot of player time and resources.

I'm not sure what kind of compensation there would be for when this occurs (perhaps coin and teleport incense). It's likely that GMs just don't know how problematic and frustrating this has been for players trying to complete their culti quests.

Ignoring this bug is just not working so try filing tickets.

http://support.perfectworld.com/ticketing

The solution does seem pretty simple: make dying in the valley respawn you in the valley. Rebirth isn't the only instance with auto-respawn (cube, warsong, dragon temple, and city of abominations all have it) but it is the only instance where you can be kicked out for dying on respawn. Changing the respawn destination of the death event for that area must be a one line change of code. It's time to stop dragging feet and just do it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I'm gonna submit a ticket everytime this happens from now on.

It's a battle of Me vs. GM's in a battle of who can be more annoying.

They don't stand a chance.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I'm gonna submit a ticket everytime this happens from now on.

It's a battle of Me vs. GM's in a battle of who can be more annoying.

They don't stand a chance.

I highly suggest that you do not abuse the customer support system in this manner. You would not only be harming our productivity, but you would be harming your fellow players who were considerate enough to only submit one ticket for their issue.
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Every time someone gets sent to 1K and we fail RB I lose money spent on HP/MP event pots, a duty badge, arrows, repair money, and most importantly, my time.

I feel bad for the barb who has much higher repair costs and charm costs.
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I highly suggest that you do not abuse the customer support system in this manner. You would not only be harming our productivity, but you would be harming your fellow players who were considerate enough to only submit one ticket for their issue.

I would say reporting bugs that you encounter should not be considered an abuse. This issue has existed for almost a year and has wasted lots of player productivity. If it won't be fixed there what other option is there for players to be reimbursed for wasted charm and teleport incense? Players spend real money to buy these from the boutique.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
  • eatwithspoons
    edited October 2009
    Options
    That's not what the user said though, he specifically stated that he wished to have "battle of who can be more annoying." When intent is stated like that, it is different from reporting a bug normally. I understand that anything I say is an opening for an attack, but please try to read my replies in the correct context.
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Spoons you took something I said serious.

You should know better by now.
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Ahh OK. I tend to not pay much attention to what DarkSniper says these days b:chuckle

Of course, I don't encourage people to make spurious tickets and am not interested in attacking GMs. This issue has to be addressed one way or another.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eatwithspoons
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Agreed, and we're definitely pushing to get it fixed b:victory
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Ahh OK. I tend to not pay much attention to what DarkSniper says these days b:chuckle

Of course, I don't encourage people to make spurious tickets and am not interested in attacking GMs. This issue has to be addressed one way or another.

b:sadb:sadb:sad
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

This would be my main worry.

For an inexperienced player doing a first time rb, failing the entire instance mid-run would pretty much guarantee you never get asked again.
  • brutal1111
    brutal1111 Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    After the blessings were put into the game, Rebirth became a joke.
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    brutal1111 wrote: »
    After the blessings were put into the game, Rebirth became a joke.

Was either the blessings or the genies...
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Agreed, and we're definitely pushing to get it fixed b:victory
    Thats what they said almost a year ago.
  • Poopspooge - Heavens Tear
    Poopspooge - Heavens Tear Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    This is the most frustrating issue I've encountered with this game. (A close 2nd is the rubberbanding) Many of us have requested this issue be addressed. The GMs have responded to us but the Devs have not.

I completely disagree with those who say this isn't a glitch/problem or propose that you 'just don't die'. Its obvious that it is a problem...and as others have mentioned, should be easy to fix. Make it a priority to fix the issue.

Anyone else wonder WHY it hasn't been fixed yet? The issue has been reported over and over again. Many people are angry about it. It doesn't make business sense to tork off your customers.

I'm mainly only interested in doing RBs. Because of that I buy much less gold now than I used to. Just like everyone else, I don't like wasting money or time. Until they actually fix this problem, there is a high probability that you'll loose one, the other, or both.
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    This is the most frustrating issue I've encountered with this game. (A close 2nd is the rubberbanding) Many of us have requested this issue be addressed. The GMs have responded to us but the Devs have not.

I completely disagree with those who say this isn't a glitch/problem or propose that you 'just don't die'. Its obvious that it is a problem...and as others have mentioned, should be easy to fix. Make it a priority to fix the issue.

Anyone else wonder WHY hasn't it been fixed yet? The issue has been reported over and over again. Many people are angry about it. It doesn't make business sense to tork off your customers.

I'm mainly only interested in doing RBs. Because of that I buy much less gold now than I used to. Just like everyone else, I don't like wasting money or time. Until they actually fix this problem, there is a high probability that you'll loose one, the other, or both.
    It happen to me today. I was killed and teleported to 1K streams. And all squad fail. They come for me, but it didn't work. So they fail because of this bug. ;-((
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LinZeta - Lost City
    LinZeta - Lost City Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

I've done gamma plenty of times before with 0 deaths the entire time when I was runnign with an experienced party. But on Lost City there are 3 barbs that are level 71-85. 2 of them have no idea what aggro is. Then you get people like skeleg who try to run it but they have no idea what to do.

Then there's mobot who was trying to tell everyone what to do when it was clear he had never run gamma before. I got no problem with people who don't know how to run gamma, I can show them what to do most of the time, but dont go in to the RB acting like you know how to do everything. (p.s, telling people to look out for the reflect wave in gamma shows you haven't completed it)

Okay, no reason to hate-target here, have you not had successful squads with Skeleg? I think you have. He wouldn't have had you cast your barrage if he knew the mage couldn't take your hits.....AND...Yeah I'm pretty sure every time we've invited you, you QQ THE WHOLE TIME due to your RB FAILURE PARANOIA. You are not a bad archer but your character and complaining just ruin it for everyone. I'm standing up for Skeleg here, he's not a bad player or a bad guy either.....he just gets side tracked sometimes.

The only reason we don't cast on the barb half the time is because the barb just gives the party a moving AOE. With a fully center and positioned AOE, the mobs die just as fast..HAVING SAID THAT, half the barbs on LC are half ****. They can tank just about anything, but are handicapped when running RB. Most of the time the squad has to worry about the barb going out of range, and the barrage is dropped. Usually during rainbow squad, we cast the barrage on the BM to avoid that.

There are VARIOUS ways to complete RB. Why many people in LC don't cast on the eye..I honestly don't know. The only good reason I can think of is avoiding the bugged mobs later on that RANDOMLY generate aggro, and continue to troll up and down the valley. So far, I've like positioning to the right.

ANYHOW, I agree with what a majority of the people have said. It's a BUG. It's the devs fault. This game is so buggy and lackluster in so many ways, it's just annoying. I don't understand why we are even getting a new expansion when the coding in this game isn't even near complete, and you have such bugs like this.

Close to quitting...bleh.
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

psssssssssssssssssssss to everyone on Lost City:

The best way to do Gamma is with 2 EP, 2 MG*, 1WR, 1WB... no need to bring QQ archers with you (they complicate things anyways).

*Aleternately you can bring a 2nd WR or a WF instead of 2 MGs.
    edited October 2009
    Options
    My question is, if Devs had the time to make it so that you fail if you 1-k, why didn't they just fix the 1-k bug while they were at it instead?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Poopspooge - Heavens Tear
    Poopspooge - Heavens Tear Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Finally got to RB Delta...got kicked twice. Please fix the problem Devs.
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    People seriously don't know why they are kicked to 1k streams after all this time?

If you die anywhere in rebirth with enough damage to kill you once, you appear in the yellow circle respawn. Dieing, whether a first time or from receiving enough damage to kill you twice over, within the yellow circle sends you back to 1K streams. It is why people must be careful when AoE'ing the lanterns if they don't know what they are doing; die on them and have them able to kill you again before charm recharges will send you back.

As for not taking the cleric for double dieing in rebirth, that is just stupid. The tank failed on that one, and the BM did to a lesser extent as well. When playing, a BM is for damage boosting/DD, and saving the cleric as needed. If the barb dies due to their mistake in something, a BM only needs to keep themself and the cleric alive. If a DD dies, who cares. They should have stopped their AoE if that was a concern, and should have had a charm and apoths ready anyways for barb death. If the cleric gets aggro from a death, they tend to get ALL aggro. That means double, or even triple, death. Instant fail, and a dead cleric floating in 1K streams. So if the cleric got aggro, the main and secondary tank are complete failures at their roles.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • Spaded - Dreamweaver
    Spaded - Dreamweaver Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    People seriously don't know why they are kicked to 1k streams after all this time?

If you die anywhere in rebirth with enough damage to kill you once, you appear in the yellow circle respawn. Dieing, whether a first time or from receiving enough damage to kill you twice over, within the yellow circle sends you back to 1K streams. It is why people must be careful when AoE'ing the lanterns if they don't know what they are doing; die on them and have them able to kill you again before charm recharges will send you back.
    not sure i really understand what you said
    but lets make it clearer

You got port back to 1k when you dyin and still got hit once you port back to Happy Valley
    So you port to 1k cause of lag in damage receive
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Finally got to RB Delta...got kicked twice. Please fix the problem Devs.

People are taking a lvl 86 to delta? O_O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• PsychoChickn - Dreamweaver
    PsychoChickn - Dreamweaver Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    All you accomplish by trying Rebirth is to waste charms. Since the owners sell the charms for money, they like this. Untill RB is fixed, there is no reason to waste time and money going there. It would be good of the coders to temporarily disable Rebirth untill they get it working. Until it works, I will not waste my time or money in there. It is pointless.