Real life class/char personalities

Options

Comments

• Kylley - Sanctuary
    Kylley - Sanctuary Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Im not a ditzy girlb:sad

Im more a go crazy with attacks on mobs kind of girlb:pleased and i dont care that much if i still aggro from my petsb:chuckle unless it is a boss fight, i try to avoid to steal aggro from the tank during those fights XD
    Hi! =^.^=
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Main pets:
    Rayder, Sharptooth Wolfling: main pet
    Lyro, Guardian Wolf: magic tank, dder
    Kowlin: lurer
    Flameche, Blazing Pheonix
    BigBro, Crystalline Magmite: tanker (Yes i finally have a magmite, my bro gave me his cause he got a Walker b:surrender )
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    You're not supposed to steal aggro from the tank?

And here I thought my job as tank was to make sure the archer or wiz tole aggro from me... b:surrender
  • Worship - Harshlands
    Worship - Harshlands Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I totally agree with everything except the barb part, barbs are the best to pk with or chill with usually, because of the chill personality
  • FitHitDShan - Sanctuary
    FitHitDShan - Sanctuary Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    actually barbs are more of the jokers in a group :) Always armed with a joke or a witty oneliner :P

Absolutely!

Too bad it is always the same joke every time. But, hey, we all laugh cause, ya know, "Humor the barb" as we all whisper.
    "?" IS my avatar.
  • Jeagerjaques - Lost City
    Jeagerjaques - Lost City Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    If each character was created in real life, how do you think they would be personally?

I see
    Archers - The younger male, aways joking around, maybe being a bit of a smartass with his crits and his high Dexterity

Bars - The big tough, grizzled war veteran. Angry and serious. Always yelling at the Archer when he gets agro. Always up for a good fight.

BM The guy who's older and more experienced than the archer, but not as as old as the barb. Pretty light hearted. Has a chuckle at the Archer, but knows when to be serious. More than likely the leader of a group.
    Highly charismatic.

Veno (With herc) - I think of a Herc Veno as a girl, a little older than the archer, who maybe a little ditzy, but is very good at controlling he herc. The herc is just a big dumb oaf who likes to fight. But keeps falling on his **** all the time.

Cleric - The really friendly girl who is always around to heal and resurrect some fallen warrior. Always cheery, but the one who stresses out in a tough situation.

Wizard - I think of the wizard as a male about the same age as the BM. Very serious. Keeps to himself alot.
    Modest about his position and very wise when it comes to war.
    Under his hat lies a shadowed face that people rarely see.

I dunno, just had some fun thinking up ways they would be in real life.

Anyone care to share what they think?

I've always been more of the chill type during instances and such. However, I do think that Barbs usually act more like a leader during FBs, HH, etc etc. Not being egotistical or anything, but usually, the barb is the one that has done it before anyone else. A barb can usually tank dungeons and instances even when they are 10 levels lower than expected (with good gear of course). So, they usually gain experience with said instances before many of the other classes, so generally, the barb ends up leading the party. Another reason would be that the tiger runs the fastest b:laugh. Whenever I've been in a party, I usually have led the way, just generally speaking from my experience.

Another thing I kind of disagree with would be the wizards. Most of the wizards I know are cocky and smart alecky, not unlike your description of an archer. They all go around bragging about their "amazing" crits that happen 3% of the time rofl.
    Damn right I'm good in bed! I can sleep for HOURSb:victory
  • Taarloor - Harshlands
    Taarloor - Harshlands Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Male - Human - Wizard:

Hes better than you because he knows he is, hes got the IQ (int) score to prove it too, he cares not for thuggish ways as he knows he'll have to incur punishment in order to defeat, instead he uses stealth and trickery to bring you to your demise while avoiding unnecessary doctors bills.

If you know his game he will simply light a peace pipe for you with his finger and let you smoke of his finest (laced with arsenic) tobacco and walk away as you choke to death.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Another thing I kind of disagree with would be the wizards. Most of the wizards I know are cocky and smart alecky, not unlike your description of an archer. They all go around bragging about their "amazing" crits that happen 3% of the time rofl.

Scarily true. We had a 5x archer along on an fb 39 earlier today and got pretty much spammed by a running commentary of every single crit he did and exactly how much damage it dealt.
  • Nukesrus - Harshlands
    Nukesrus - Harshlands Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I pretty much fit the mage description perfectly, except for my occasional "holy **** I just hit 50k moment."

I guess I'm more like the BM overall though.
  • Lilah_Orchid - Sanctuary
    Lilah_Orchid - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    After some consideration my version of these class personality types would be more like:

Barb: The funny sturdy one, they can always come up with a good one liner for any situation.
    Veno: Independent young woman, self confident, quick, and opinionated,

BM: A young female, up for any challenge thrown her way, willing to take a stand when a fellow party members are down, kind and respectful she does not judge quickly.
    Wizard: Smart, articulate, calculating and observant, He prefers to keep to them self.

Archers: A cocky young guy, thinks he can do anything, with out considering the consequences.
    Clerics: Clerics could go either way to me...

Male: Kind and gentle, willing to put his life endanger to save his friends, is modest and does not say no to a call for help.
    Female: Quirky and confident, clumsy, but is ready to heal at a moments notice, the youngest out of the bunch.

ehh not much but this is how i see things... >.>
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    wiz: suicide bombers

b:laugh sdfghjnbfgyh
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    CeliaZ - Sanctuary Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Male - Human - Wizard:

Hes better than you because he knows he is, hes got the IQ (int) score to prove it too, he cares not for thuggish ways as he knows he'll have to incur punishment in order to defeat, instead he uses stealth and trickery to bring you to your demise while avoiding unnecessary doctors bills.

If you know his game he will simply light a peace pipe for you with his finger and let you smoke of his finest (laced with arsenic) tobacco and walk away as you choke to death.

To bad not all wizards actually have such an IQ...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Drazo - Dreamweaver
    Drazo - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,187 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    To bad not all wizards actually have such an IQ...

Does that include you? b:chuckle
    Non-mule characters:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]....and Drazomyst.
  • ColdSnow - Dreamweaver
    ColdSnow - Dreamweaver Posts: 983 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    If each character was created in real life, how do you think they would be personally?

I tell you what i see them personally (more to realistic situations) :P

I see
    Archers - The younger male, aways joking around, maybe being a bit of a smartass with his crits and his high Dexterity

Clowns, who likes to joke around and actually enjoy to take agro from barbs. Funny to work with. Cleric keep always an eye on them, when they are in squad.

Bars - The big tough, grizzled war veteran. Angry and serious. Always yelling at the Archer when he gets agro. Always up for a good fight.

Great ambitions, squads loves them. But to many of them stay dumb. They are used to tank only and don't understand the meaning of tactic, classes and skills in game (even at lvl60+). Slow reactions.

(Sorry, i love you kittys...but fact is you were the only class so far who made me do so many /facepalms when it comes to tactic or agro.)

BM The guy who's older and more experienced than the archer, but not as as old as the barb. Pretty light hearted. Has a chuckle at the Archer, but knows when to be serious. More than likely the leader of a group.
    Highly charismatic.

BM is my favorite class (keeps an eye on squishy one). Great DD, fast reactions. But unfortunatly not the one who leads the group. Down to earth. Brave.

Veno (With herc) - I think of a Herc Veno as a girl, a little older than the archer, who maybe a little ditzy, but is very good at controlling he herc. The herc is just a big dumb oaf who likes to fight. But keeps falling on his **** all the time.

Great lurer. Possible to tank and solo bosses. Undependent. Greedy woman. Very blunt and can get very fast hysterical and fussy. Most of them don't like to work with other classes and hates barbs (slow reactions on taking over bossses).

Cleric - The really friendly girl who is always around to heal and resurrect some fallen warrior. Always cheery, but the one who stresses out in a tough situation.

Lack of selfconfidence. Feels always responsible for squad. Feels responsle for deaths (even tho she wasn't even close to heal or in squad). Either they stay naiv and cheery or change to hystercial b*****

Wizard - I think of the wizard as a male about the same age as the BM. Very serious. Keeps to himself alot.

The most wiz are crazy as archers. Always good for a joke. Become serious and alert/observing when it comes to fights.Think always ahead. A lot of selfconfidence. Tends to get arrogant when reaching high lvl.

:P lol sorry guys but i wasn't nice to clerics as well....
    If i m trolling and spamming on forum...then i cant sleep and need a good laugh
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Does that include you? b:chuckle

Of course notb:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bagoly_ - Sanctuary
    Bagoly_ - Sanctuary Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    The previous posts describe the classes pretty well. Only one side note:

Cleric - optimistic and motherly OR cynical, emotionless person (fleshrepairman) with gallows-humor. The second version is more common at higher levels.
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

I think there's a bit more diversity, so I decided to break it down a bit more...
    ●Barb - The "natural" leader. Cool and collected, slow to anger, and typically jovial. Swift to act when friends' lives are in danger, and prepared to lay down his life if the situation calls for it.

●Veno (+Herc) - A spoiled ditz with a superiority complex. Believes she's better than everyone while relying solely on the hulking slab of meat at her side. Useful, but always demands to be the center of attention.

●Veno (+Quadruped Mammal) - A quiet, friendly girl who adores her animal companion. The two are inseparable, and unstoppable as a team. (Storyline cliche would usually result in pet sacrificing itself, much sorrow and anguish)

●Veno (+Insect) - A dark, elegant, and mysterious woman who takes disturbing pleasure in putting the "Venom" in Venomancer. Has at least one 'favorite' creepy-crawly she refers to as "my pet/love/precious" and makes every effort to seduce one of the other party members for her own ambitions (may be either selfish, or downright evil, or both)

●BM (Male) - The stolid warrior, similar to the Barb if a few years younger. Eager to take on a mantle of leadership and "prove himself" (or sometimes, prove himself better), and carries a streak of manic bloodlust when battle rages, rushing in brashly to wreak havoc. (May or may not accept the "You would have died without our help!" from party members afterwards)

●BM (Female) - A hot-tempered woman, quick to anger and heedless of consequences. Seemingly has a deathwish, yet always manages to come out on top... of a pile of enemy corpses... b:shocked

●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"

●Wizard (Female) - The studious librarian type. Older than all other characters (except possibly the Barb), and dislikes 'interruptions.' Dispatches enemies with a casual flick of the wrist, and a "May I go back to doing something IMPORTANT now?"
    (note: I envision her very similar to Varsuvius, from OotS)

●Archer (Male) - Cocky, reckless, and exhuberant. Prankster who seems never to comprehend the dangers of battle, never serious even in the thick of combat. Often taunts BM (male or female) with witty banter.

●Archer (Female) - The opposite of the Male Archer. Cold, calculating, and ruthless - a killer to the core. Says very little, especially while putting a bolt through a wraith's head at 1,000 paces. (Jason Bourne in tight leather armor. Be afraid. Be very afraid)

●Cleric (Male) - Second-youngest, above the archer (or third, above Herc Veno). Half-attack, half-support, he gets carried away and sometimes forgets to support the party as he delivers magical death. A bit of a bungler, but good-hearted and liked despite his mistakes. Usually responds to "Um... a little help please?!?"

●Cleric (Female) - The mother of the group, often venting her frustration with "her children" as their myriad other personalities continually put them at risk, while she's left cleaning up the mess (sometimes with the electric rain of Tempest and a good tongue-lashing for her wayward squad).

*Note to Herc Venos who might be offended - Yes, I know there are some of you who are VERY skilled and match other, more respectable profiles. Consider yourselves the exception to this stereotype and smile proudly about it.
  • I_missU - Dreamweaver
    I_missU - Dreamweaver Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    awesome make more fanfiction b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    QQ
    I got demon quickshot at last b:victoryb:thanks
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I think there's a bit more diversity, so I decided to break it down a bit more...
    ●Barb - The "natural" leader. Cool and collected, slow to anger, and typically jovial. Swift to act when friends' lives are in danger, and prepared to lay down his life if the situation calls for it.

●Veno (+Herc) - A spoiled ditz with a superiority complex. Believes she's better than everyone while relying solely on the hulking slab of meat at her side. Useful, but always demands to be the center of attention.

●Veno (+Quadruped Mammal) - A quiet, friendly girl who adores her animal companion. The two are inseparable, and unstoppable as a team. (Storyline cliche would usually result in pet sacrificing itself, much sorrow and anguish)

●Veno (+Insect) - A dark, elegant, and mysterious woman who takes disturbing pleasure in putting the "Venom" in Venomancer. Has at least one 'favorite' creepy-crawly she refers to as "my pet/love/precious" and makes every effort to seduce one of the other party members for her own ambitions (may be either selfish, or downright evil, or both)

●BM (Male) - The stolid warrior, similar to the Barb if a few years younger. Eager to take on a mantle of leadership and "prove himself" (or sometimes, prove himself better), and carries a streak of manic bloodlust when battle rages, rushing in brashly to wreak havoc. (May or may not accept the "You would have died without our help!" from party members afterwards)

●BM (Female) - A hot-tempered woman, quick to anger and heedless of consequences. Seemingly has a deathwish, yet always manages to come out on top... of a pile of enemy corpses... b:shocked

●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"

●Wizard (Female) - The studious librarian type. Older than all other characters (except possibly the Barb), and dislikes 'interruptions.' Dispatches enemies with a casual flick of the wrist, and a "May I go back to doing something IMPORTANT now?"

●Archer (Male) - Cocky, reckless, and exhuberant. Prankster who seems never to comprehend the dangers of battle, never serious even in the thick of combat. Often taunts BM (male or female) with witty banter.

●Archer (Female) - The opposite of the Male Archer. Cold, calculating, and ruthless - a killer to the core. Says very little, especially while putting a bolt through a wraith's head at 1,000 paces. (Jason Bourne in tight leather armor. Be afraid. Be very afraid)

●Cleric (Male) - Second-youngest, above the archer (or third, above Herc Veno). Half-attack, half-support, he gets carried away and sometimes forgets to support the party as he delivers magical death. A bit of a bungler, but good-hearted and liked despite his mistakes. Usually responds to "Um... a little help please?!?"

●Cleric (Female) - The mother of the group, often venting her frustration with "her children" as their myriad other personalities continually put them at risk, while she's left cleaning up the mess (sometimes with the electric rain of Tempest and a good tongue-lashing for her wayward squad).

*Note to Herc Venos who might be offended - Yes, I know there are some of you who are VERY skilled and match other, more respectable profiles. Consider yourselves the exception to this stereotype and smile proudly about it.

Fantastic description, specially the female wizard. Though I dont think she is always old, the rest suits her perfectly! (same for female archers and female BM0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Minimus - Sanctuary
    Minimus - Sanctuary Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

I see

Highly charismatic.

I dunno, just had some fun thinking up ways they would be in real life.

Anyone care to share what they think?

Archers
    seem to be savage and somehow they don't want to listen (to the barbs/bms advice). Quite independently thinking but mostly supportive in their sometimes misunderstood actions...

Barbs favourite sentence seems to be "my charm is ticking" or "my repair bill is..." . But isn't it that we other classes simply should look behind this complex class that is standing at the front, facing almost all of our common enemies? Charismatic and sometimes grumpy he is...

Blademasters are quick and versatile like no other class but some may ask "what are you guys good for?" The bm is in his best age and overcomes the self-doubts evoked by those silly questioners as quick as he is himself.

The veno has a delicate personality. Apparently often busy with herself she oversees the disapproving faces around her when she bears too heavy on her burdens for her squad. But how many times we others were happy we didn't tank, didn't get aggro and could enter TT/BH etc without the always rare cleric we searched for for hours? Thanks to the venos...

The cleric has often a library of knowledge the enemy confronting classes lack of. Is this due to their general positioning in squad that helps them to have a distanced view to the events? But beware! The cleric may use this knowledge for his own gains. He can become suddenly devilish and we all wonder why...

The wizard is the smart and occult. Nobody expects him to be helpful like the cleric can be. Therefore he goes his way independently like the archer does. The wizzy is the joker in your squad what we often do not appreciate enough...

b:victory
  • Ahanna - Lost City
    Ahanna - Lost City Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I see

ROFL, that's me alright. But I'm not male ...nor am I that young (I'm 26) b:chuckle

I think you are pretty spot on; most ppl I've met are just like what you are describing as the most standing out personality features in the class they have chosen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ophelius - Dreamweaver
    Ophelius - Dreamweaver Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Someone will have to res this thread when the new classes come out. ^w^

From what I've seen, I'm more of a BM than a wiz... b:surrender
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

That is an epic post. But TBH, while I have a Herc, I don't consider myself much of a Herc Veno... Guess I'll always be attached to my magmite.

On a sidenote here... I am such a male wizard... Every time I see a metal mob, I cackle with glee, and shout some fire based pun, or just plain scream "BURN! MWHAHAHAHA!" Then again, every time I use my Stone Rain, I like to shout "Meteor!" It's a shame there's no really good things you can shout with water spells... Although, there are some fun innuendos... Especially when fighting female mobs... You know what I mean.
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    That is an epic post. But TBH, while I have a Herc, I don't consider myself much of a Herc Veno... Guess I'll always be attached to my magmite.

Venos have too many pet options. :( I tried to hit some of the most common generic categories.
    It's a shame there's no really good things you can shout with water spells... Although, there are some fun innuendos... Especially when fighting female mobs... You know what I mean.

I think I do (2:15)
    b:chuckle
  • Ophelius - Dreamweaver
    Ophelius - Dreamweaver Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Although, there are some fun innuendos... Especially when fighting female mobs... You know what I mean.

You just made my day. b:dirty
  • XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver
    XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

You pretty much nailed me right there. Even the female part fits me and I'm male IRL. Although I'm not quick to full anger, more to annoyance (oh boy, the things that annoy the **** outta me).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Due to constant PMs: I'm not German, sorry folks D:
  • Lilah_Orchid - Sanctuary
    Lilah_Orchid - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

b:victory I agree with this, even though i'm NOT hot tempered b:angry XD lol maybe just a little... >.>
    you have described my closest faction friends in about all these kinda scary, been stalking us? o.o haha jk
  • SpankShot - Sanctuary
    SpankShot - Sanctuary Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    if anyone on Sanc has ever played with me..
    The archer bit is straight up me :DDD

*remembers good times ( Being chased around by Farren in BH while clerics revive people, laughing my head off that the bm sucked :D )

Im also 16, so works out for me :D i fit it peeeeeerrrrrrrfectly ^^

SPANKYYYY
    I Never Mean to Steal Aggro,
    Im an archer... its in my DNA. its just... what i do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kylley - Sanctuary
    Kylley - Sanctuary Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    if anyone on Sanc has ever played with me..
    The archer bit is straight up me :DDD

*remembers good times ( Being chased around by Farren in BH while clerics revive people, laughing my head off that the bm sucked :D )

Im also 16, so works out for me :D i fit it peeeeeerrrrrrrfectly ^^

SPANKYYYY

ROFL XD

make me think about yesterday's bh when the pet tanking die and that Farren chased my friend archerb:chuckle

It wasnt fun at that momentb:surrender but now it is XD
    Hi! =^.^=
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Main pets:
    Rayder, Sharptooth Wolfling: main pet
    Lyro, Guardian Wolf: magic tank, dder
    Kowlin: lurer
    Flameche, Blazing Pheonix
    BigBro, Crystalline Magmite: tanker (Yes i finally have a magmite, my bro gave me his cause he got a Walker b:surrender )
  • Ahanna - Lost City
    Ahanna - Lost City Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    With the game being one year old already have in mind there's loooots of alts running around. I'm one of them. My main is BM (according to Kephras = hot tempered female ...so true). And I re-rolled as archer (according to writers = cocky, makes jokes all the time and brag about crit and dex...also true).

Can I has access to Heaven Scroll please? I pay well!!!!!

b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nukesrus - Harshlands
    Nukesrus - Harshlands Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Using this post:

●BM (Female) - A hot-tempered woman, quick to anger and heedless of consequences. Seemingly has a deathwish, yet always manages to come out on top... of a pile of enemy corpses...

for guidelines, I have crafted a short story based on the character archetypes. Critique welcome.