New Skill

Options
Caldaster - Lost City
Caldaster - Lost City Posts: 184 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Archer
I know this should be in the suggestion thread but i needed to discuss with my fellow archers first.

Skill
Healing arrow.
Range Ranged Attack
Mana x.x
Channel 2.0 seconds
Cast 0.6 seconds
Cooldown 30.0 seconds
Weapon Ranged Weapons

Requisite Cultivation xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Use own health points to heal a friendly target. Launch arrows at the friendly target healing the target for x% of base damage the while reducing own hp/mp by x%.

Requires 1 arrow, bolt or unit of shot.

So why wht say u .....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Poor thing ... lucky me b:victory
Post edited by Caldaster - Lost City on

Comments

• WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Leave healing to the clerics, buddy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Onlyjayy - Heavens Tear
    Onlyjayy - Heavens Tear Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    i think it's pretty good.
    Most of the other classes have their own healing spell, so why can't we have a healing spell too?
    I LIKE ITb:victory
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Define "most of the other classes"

Mages get some **** healing skill, other than that only clerics have healing skills.

I'm not a cleric and I don't want to be one.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    ehh the healing is pretty bad.
    DX the cast time is so bad~~
    But we can in really rare situations save the cleric/ buy time for the cleric to res someone if they die in a FB run or so.
    b:victory

Interesting idea though.
    xD
    it's like backwards life leech. (O.o)'
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GREEN_GOD - Heavens Tear
    GREEN_GOD - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

Mages get some **** healing skill, other than that only clerics have healing skills.

BM's have Diamond Sutra

Clerics are Healers

Wizards have a heal, not very good, but it's better than nothing.

Veno's have Soul Transfusion and an actual heal that restores 50% I believe at maxed level.

Barb's have a high enough regen with passives that they don't take hours to regen while meditating.

Not saying an archer should have any heal, just answering the question.
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Why the hell would shooting an arrow at someone heal them? That makes no sense.

Also, Archers are DDs, so they get low health, therefore making healing based on percentages just about useless.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Bagspace - Heavens Tear
    Bagspace - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Yeah you should totally be able to heal people by shooting them with a big xbow

Just like in real life

...wow
  • DieselBlack - Lost City
    DieselBlack - Lost City Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    BM's have Diamond Sutra

Clerics are Healers

Wizards have a heal, not very good, but it's better than nothing.

Veno's have Soul Transfusion and an actual heal that restores 50% I believe at maxed level.

Barb's have a high enough regen with passives that they don't take hours to regen while meditating.

Not saying an archer should have any heal, just answering the question.

Youi forgot barbs have splumder which heals them over time i.e lvl4 splunder regens 3k hp over 30 secs something like that
  • BrioXII - Heavens Tear
    BrioXII - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Why the hell would shooting an arrow at someone heal them? That makes no sense.

Also, Archers are DDs, so they get low health, therefore making healing based on percentages just about useless.

the idea of shooting an arrow and healing isnt so good and yes we are DD but we should also have a healing move of some sort and it was left out that barbs also have a healing move ontop of having a high regen
  • DieselBlack - Lost City
    DieselBlack - Lost City Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    IDK how i'd feel about an archer's heal I play tanker so i'm guessing any heals to save me hide is good b:pleased so yeah healing arrow would be decent just would have to manage the regen amount so they won't become healing archers.
  • Shikyura - Sanctuary
    Shikyura - Sanctuary Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

Technically speaking you are incorrect.

Mages have some **** healing skill, but BM's also have a self recovery skill, diamond sutra.

We have a mana regen...and when equipped with a MP charm...it becomes a fail.
  • Elviron - Dreamweaver
    Elviron - Dreamweaver Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I know this should be in the suggestion thread but i needed to discuss with my fellow archers first.

Skill
    Healing arrow.
    Range Ranged Attack
    Mana x.x
    Channel 2.0 seconds
    Cast 0.6 seconds
    Cooldown 30.0 seconds
    Weapon Ranged Weapons

Requisite Cultivation xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Use own health points to heal a friendly target. Launch arrows at the friendly target healing the target for x% of base damage the while reducing own hp/mp by x%.
    Requires 1 arrow, bolt or unit of shot.

So why wht say u .....

Considering we do quite a bit of damage losing hp based on that percentage while healing another friendly would be suicidal. We are not tanks and hence we do not get enough HP to sacrifice like this.

A self buff to increase HP recovery would be good though.
  • I_missU - Dreamweaver
    I_missU - Dreamweaver Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    healing! i want heal skill. just 1 like fast hp regen like barb is enough for better survived.

BM, wizzie, barb, veno, cleric. they can heal themselves. why archer cant?

Not "arrows" heal. but a support skills like winged shell, WoP, etc. like that.. like BM diamond sutra...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    QQ
    I got demon quickshot at last b:victoryb:thanks
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

Just like in real life

...wow

ya you should also totally be able to have a single human shoot out flaming dragons from *where the sun doesn't shine*.

Also you should totally have humans able to shoot out cones of light that hurts you.

b:chuckle

Actually you should also make everyone get fatigued when they run too much. As well as take out flying and most of the ground mounts like the Raptor since they're either extinct or mythical.

....Just like real life.

(>.<)
    It is an interesting idea. Would be useful in FBs and such. d(^.-d)
    Also I WOULD SO WUV if wizards could have soul tranfusion. xD
    that would be epic 1 large health pot = full mana lol~~
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

wiz heal ftw! lol heck its enough to heal in any fb to 89. dont blame wiz heal!! doh XD..

i think that skill could be pretty cool. nothign agaisnt more heal b:cute
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Suggestion 1:

Change the skill name to "Healing Feathers" and change the flavor text to indicate the archer is sending feathers of healing over to a target. Remove any ammunition dependency.

Suggestion 2:

Change the skill name to "Acupuncture Arrow" and change the flavor text that you are shooting arrows at acupuncture points on a target, thus healing them.

=)
  • tomitom
    tomitom Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Can anyone help me, i am having problemsb:shocked. I dont know how to learn new skills. I am lvl 8 and havent learnt a new skill.....b:cry is that normal????
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Youi forgot barbs have splumder which heals them over time i.e lvl4 splunder regens 3k hp over 30 secs something like that

sunder must be so orgasmically awesome that this guy spells it wrong in his excitement to describe it >.<
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • FitHitDShan - Sanctuary
    FitHitDShan - Sanctuary Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Suggestion 2:

Change the skill name to "Acupuncture Arrow" and change the flavor text that you are shooting arrows at acupuncture points on a target, thus healing them.

=)

What if I miss? Oops, poor barb.

By the way, clerics get a skill that lets them pretend to shoot arrows. One skill that lets us pretend to heal would only seem fair.
    "?" IS my avatar.
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Technically speaking you are incorrect.

Mages have some **** healing skill, but BM's also have a self recovery skill, diamond sutra.

We have a mana regen...and when equipped with a MP charm...it becomes a fail.
    Self-recover, I'm talking about heals that can be used on others.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • Bagspace - Heavens Tear
    Bagspace - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    ya you should also totally be able to have a single human shoot out flaming dragons from *where the sun doesn't shine*.

Also you should totally have humans able to shoot out cones of light that hurts you.

b:chuckle

Actually you should also make everyone get fatigued when they run too much. As well as take out flying and most of the ground mounts like the Raptor since they're either extinct or mythical.

....Just like real life.

(>.<)
    It is an interesting idea. Would be useful in FBs and such. d(^.-d)
    Also I WOULD SO WUV if wizards could have soul tranfusion. xD
    that would be epic 1 large health pot = full mana lol~~

Actually I wasn't implying at all that the game should be non-fictional in nature, as obviously most elements are in some part fantastic, though if you're happy to look ignorant by inferring that whatever; but there's a limit to the degree of fantasy involved in the game, and should be in any game... I'm all for archers getting healing skills, hell let us be able to tank well while they're at it... god knows the class balance is **** enough as it is... but the ability to heal shouldn't come at muzzle velocity out of an implement designed to kill
  • FoxMizore - Sanctuary
    FoxMizore - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    tomitom wrote: »
    Can anyone help me, i am having problemsb:shocked. I dont know how to learn new skills. I am lvl 8 and havent learnt a new skill.....b:cry is that normal????

So,heres what you do,go to your main city,find the Elder,and near the elder there will be a npc called Archer...something..you can get your skills there,also press R and then on the bottom right corner press the green arrow,it will show you "all" the skills and what they do.Good luck
  • Waterboy - Lost City
    Waterboy - Lost City Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    LOL f this skill

giv us a skill like BIDS/armagedden/tempest/parasite nova/dragon

btw dont say our barrage is like those i mentioned above cause it isnt even close

this skill sounds dumb if u cant use it on urself too
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Options
    i like the idea of some shot that leeches life, but that would make Ast bawww cuz she was gonna get demon serrated b:chuckle
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
  • Zhadou - Heavens Tear
    Zhadou - Heavens Tear Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

Just like in real life

...wow

its a game, idiots
    its not like you see real life wizards or barbarians running around

i think its a great idea, dude
    probably would never make it into a game, but a clever and interesting idea, none the less.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I'd rather have a self-heal (double spark nonwithstanding) than sacrifice part of my HP to play psuedo-cleric. Especially since archers have lowish HP in general due to the builds that we kinda sorta need to use to be effective at DD.
  • Accelerated - Sanctuary
    Accelerated - Sanctuary Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    What? Spark self heals isn't classified as healing?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ♥ - 藤林 杏-様 - ♥
    ♥ Kyou Fujibayashi-sama ♥
  • Ussichu - Sanctuary
    Ussichu - Sanctuary Posts: 429 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    clerics learned our wings of protection. We need to learn their stream of rejuvenation b:victory

just make it that it can't be used on self, so its just PURE support.
    Navarre was your everyday veno, until she learned her true form. Now she's fox walloping and purging over and over again.. all for a deep stinging, head hunting, wind pushing Assassin. Will there be inner harmony and myriad rainbows? But of course! Yuri&Lemon Find it on Fanfiction XD "Discovering Sanctuary" Chapter 2 is up ^_^
  • SashaSlick - Sanctuary
    SashaSlick - Sanctuary Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I like the idea to regenerate. Means we can last longer with close ranged attacks since our damage is already decrease.

But i don't think we will ever get to heal others coz like some of them says, clerics are all over that skill.

Or maybe improve our wing of protection skill. Make it last longer or absorb more damage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Options
    mm winged shell that recovers health and mana...that would be interesting...