heart attack moment

Options
Ritsukii - Heavens Tear
Ritsukii - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
edited October 2009 in General Discussion
yes share all stories.

couple days ago i almost had a heart attack lol...

it was in TT 1-2 last boss. squad (2 clerics 1 wiz 2 veno 1 barb)

it was the 007 moment. before 007 the wiz dc so he was safe. the 2 clerics and 2 venos died. 1 cleric went to town. so the barb is now solo-ing boss. his charm is HELLA ticking. wiz comes back. he starts to heal barb but slow heals. and the music in TT made it more scary lol... so it went some what like this

barb: ahhhh i dont know if i can last!
wiz: AHHH im doing the best i can hang in there barb!
cleric who went to town: im coming! Y do i run so slow!?!?
dead cleric: when u get here rez me first rez me first! run run
cleric who went to town: im running as fast as i can!
2 dead venos: ahhhhhh hhh ahhh
cleric who went to down: i got slapped! brb again! *goes back to town*
wiz: ahhh **** im running low on pots!
barb: my charm is gonna dieb:cry and i cant equip new charm in tiger mode

+ TT music

LOL was funny as hell

so cleric who went to town finally got to rez the other cleric. dead cleric rise and started healing barb asap. cleric who went to town then rez venos. whoah we did it lol ...

all thnx to the wiz lol.. who said wiz were useless?
Post edited by Ritsukii - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• LinZeta - Lost City
    LinZeta - Lost City Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    ......Hmm...Yeah....

Either you had a low-level squad, you didn't position him right, or your squad just sucked, no offense.

Dimentora (sp?) is super easy, he just has tons of HP. If you position him in the corner, his back to the casters, your party should be completely fine. You guys had two clerics. How the world did you guys die?
  • Zoroastra - Sanctuary
    Zoroastra - Sanctuary Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    dimentora funny moment, playing on my lvl 80 noob veno... taking some lvl 70's noobs into tt to teach them...

noob BM: "wow, wth is that? and where does that teleport goes to?" *Noob bm runs to the teleport...
    Me shouts : "noooo dont go th.."
    *noob bm teleports to the south of the room, dimentora also goes all the way to the wall...reseting after a few seconds...*
    Noob BM : what u wanted to say?
    Me thinks for second... "hey, can u do that again plz?"

From that day forward, we always lure dimentora out of the teleport like that
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Either you had a low-level squad, you didn't position him right, or your squad just sucked, no offense.

Dimentora (sp?) is super easy, he just has tons of HP. If you position him in the corner, his back to the casters, your party should be completely fine. You guys had two clerics. How the world did you guys die?
    When he gives the 007 line, his aggro gets reset. If someone besides the tank hits (or rarely, heals) before the tank can get aggro back, Dimentora switches to attacking that person.

His AOE is a ranged physical attack, but the AOE is centered on the target. So if the person who pulled aggro is a squishy caster standing in the middle of all the other squishy casters, all of them get hit by the physical AOE, most likely 1-shotting all of them.

Previously, he gave the 007 line at about 25% hp so it was easy to predict. All you had to do was tell everyone except the tank to stop attacking at about that point. The last few times I've helped kill him, he gave the 007 line anywhere from 70% to about 1% hp (literally 15 seconds before he died). Two of the times, another pet took aggro from my herc and died. Fortunately it was a pet that took aggro, not a caster.

If you have the luxury of two clerics, I would recommend splitting the casters up into two groups who stand apart from each other. That way if one group does pull aggro at 007 and gets wiped, the other group's cleric can keep healing the tank.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    ......Hmm...Yeah....

no need to be mean, just cuz you said no offense doesn't make it any less offensive. "you suck, no offense tho." i mean wtf is that? dimentora had said 007 and probably lunged at a cleric, barb probably missed a ream and failed to catch it, then the aoe probably did the rest. it can happen to any squad who isn't careful (esp with an afk archer b:sin).
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    "oh ****" moments like this can be easily avoided paying 40k or 80k. 7k or 14k/squad member to be sure u don't have to wait for the cleric to come back from town.
    I'm not going into a TT run if the cleric doesn't have a res scroll ( or the clerics if there are 2 of them).

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    "oh ****" moments like this can be easily avoided paying 40k or 80k. 7k or 14k/squad member to be sure u don't have to wait for the cleric to come back from town.
    I'm not going into a TT run if the cleric doesn't have a res scroll ( or the clerics if there are 2 of them).

Or you can pack angels and your own scroll, than you really do not have to worry about waiting on clerics.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    ......Hmm...Yeah....

Absolute fail.

What, you think you look "pro" or "elite" or something talking down on others and pretending everything is super easy for you. It's a game. For fun. Seriously, listen to yourself -.-
  • XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver
    XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    ......Hmm...Yeah....

Because CLEARLY it couldn't have been a lag spike on someone's part...or a newcomer(s) not familiar with the way that TT or Dimentora works, right? I mean...I consider myself a decent cleric, but that didn't stop Soul Banisher from one-shotting me the first time I went in due to lack of HP. Same with Dimentora; someone lagged, popped off a shot, and the only thing we saw was big D turning towards us before we all got WTFsmashed.

Live and learn. b:laugh
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    non yet thats memorable enough ;x
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    wait wait... So you almost had a "heart attack" because your squad almost wiped? You probably shouldnt be playing anymore...
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Go troll somewhere else please b:laugh

I am, 3 forums and a blog at the same time. b:victory
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Damewort - Sanctuary
    Damewort - Sanctuary Posts: 573 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    LoL I kinda like that kind of moments as long as they are only accidents, not someones foolishness. They make run bit "different", not simply - came, saw, killed, looted, left *yawns*

Talking about heart attacks... One sentence: Veno doing soul transfusion with 10-40mp left while DD any boss... b:surrender
  • Aoe - Heavens Tear
    Aoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Omg that was a good story. Lol i hope people go on topic and actually post a heart attack moment. I don't think the op was posting for advice or people to teach how to play. I think they just wanted to share a funny moment.

Lol the closest to a heart attack moment i got was when me and my bf were new and low levels we went exploring out of archosaur for the first time. A ways down towards silver pool we saw this huge monster. Lol me being the scary type ran away and kept my distance. But i turn around to see if my bf ran away too. Lol only to find he's going in to the monster to get a closer look. I tell him to get back, but he says I'm fine i don't think it will attack me. Lol next thing i know the both of us are running for our lives back towards archosaur, about that time when the big ugly thing turn towards us when i had the heart attack. (forgot we could just have jumped into the water of flew up). But we were too slow and he get's my boyfriend and me in one shot.
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    Alexeno - Sanctuary Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    my personal heart attack moment was on my barb

i was a level 36ish barb at the time, and was helping with my guildie's fb51. we went thru it without a hitch, until we got to where the pillar for rancar is... while the two venos (who were the tankers) were killing patrols and other misc mobs while we were waiting for rancar, no one was paying enough attention to notice that the big gorillaman had showed up until our cleric (who the fb was for) got **** by him b:laugh

needless to say, our archer reflex-shot him and gained aggro, then the venos sent half-healed and aggroed pets in to try to stabilize the situation. archer got near-****, and one veno pet fell, then the other pet was dying... at this point i broke out of my shock, went tigerform, and reamed the boss. i chained all my aggro-generating skills, hit ToP, then ran like hell with the boss on my tail.

i spent the next 20-30 minutes running up and down the hallways, drawing even more mobs onto myself, spamming ToP, pots, and the last few mantou snacks i had... watching as the venos slowly killed off the extra mobs while i kept rancar's attention

eventually the cleric managed to get back, and after much chaotic buffing/healing later, the venos managed to get aggro on rancar and kill him

the best part about it: the cleric didn't tab b:surrender

twas fun times b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Hell hath no fury like Alexeno trying to prove his point" -Mizuoni
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

Talking about heart attacks... One sentence: Veno doing soul transfusion with 10-40mp left while DD any boss... b:surrender

And no charm, and the boss uses AOE attacks.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Fliiick - Heavens Tear
    Fliiick - Heavens Tear Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    My heart attack moment was defusing a bomb in room 50 of cube with, no joke, 1 second left on timer.
    ~Almost original Tao member~
    Former Tao Director

IGN: Fliiick
    Cleric 100
    Currently Radiance
  • LinZeta - Lost City
    LinZeta - Lost City Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    When he gives the 007 line, his aggro gets reset. If someone besides the tank hits (or rarely, heals) before the tank can get aggro back, Dimentora switches to attacking that person.

...I've done this HH plenty of times and during 007, this has never happened. The squads I've been have always had a barb and a BM melee attacking. I don't think any of us were cautious of this possibly happening at all. Either we (or I) have gotten extremely lucky or well...that pretty much explains it.

no need to be mean, just cuz you said no offense doesn't make it any less offensive. "you suck, no offense tho." i mean wtf is that? dimentora had said 007 and probably lunged at a cleric, barb probably missed a ream and failed to catch it, then the aoe probably did the rest. it can happen to any squad who isn't careful (esp with an afk archer b:sin).

I wasn't trying to be mean, I've just honestly never heard of this happening. The only horrors of that HH are soulbanisher and maybe drum IMO.

Absolute fail.

What, you think you look "pro" or "elite" or something talking down on others and pretending everything is super easy for you. It's a game. For fun. Seriously, listen to yourself -.-

Rage much? I wasn't coming off like I'm pro or anything of the sort. I guess I've just been lucky enough to squad through 7x-8x with people who knew what they were doing. I never said anything was super easy for me. If you actually knew me, and were on my server, then maybe you'd have a right to patronize me and run your mouth. I'm all about having fun. =P..SO yeah do me a favor and hop on another hate train, sorry you are in a bad mood today.
  • Diego - Lost City
    Diego - Lost City Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    My heart attack moment was when i found my guardian scrolls in my BANK after flying around doing my whole world quest and camping vol 29 for a few minutes b:shocked btw i have 200 hours, red name and had around 100m worth of dropable stuff in my inventory
  • Accelerated - Sanctuary
    Accelerated - Sanctuary Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

Um... wow. Invoke the Spirit much?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ♥ - 藤林 杏-様 - ♥
    ♥ Kyou Fujibayashi-sama ♥
  • Asmathi - Sanctuary
    Asmathi - Sanctuary Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    my personal heart attack moment was on my barb

i was a level 36ish barb at the time, and was helping with my guildie's fb51. we went thru it without a hitch, until we got to where the pillar for rancar is... while the two venos (who were the tankers) were killing patrols and other misc mobs while we were waiting for rancar, no one was paying enough attention to notice that the big gorillaman had showed up until our cleric (who the fb was for) got **** by him b:laugh

needless to say, our archer reflex-shot him and gained aggro, then the venos sent half-healed and aggroed pets in to try to stabilize the situation. archer got near-****, and one veno pet fell, then the other pet was dying... at this point i broke out of my shock, went tigerform, and reamed the boss. i chained all my aggro-generating skills, hit ToP, then ran like hell with the boss on my tail.

i spent the next 20-30 minutes running up and down the hallways, drawing even more mobs onto myself, spamming ToP, pots, and the last few mantou snacks i had... watching as the venos slowly killed off the extra mobs while i kept rancar's attention

eventually the cleric managed to get back, and after much chaotic buffing/healing later, the venos managed to get aggro on rancar and kill him

the best part about it: the cleric didn't tab b:surrender

twas fun times b:shocked

LOL, I have had this exactly happen also, but it wasnt a barb that took the aggro, but a cleric that ran up and down the corridors using ToP and Holy Path to survive. Was interesting. Me and a Veno were chasing and picking off mobs that were following also.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Past is but a mere memory. Never Regret, for it can never be changed.
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    The 007 thing goes off after a certain amount of time. If you kill him fast enough, you won't see it at all. Although with his HP that's no easy feat.

I've had a squadwipe once from it, although the majority of the time the barb/BM is able to keep aggro.

And wizards are good healers! Their healing is slow, but quite strong.
  • Danikovich - Heavens Tear
    Danikovich - Heavens Tear Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Absolute fail.

C-C-C-C-C-C-Combo Breaker!!
    Like they say in my country:
    When you are too smart, smartness eats you up.
  • Fyrelyte - Sanctuary
    Fyrelyte - Sanctuary Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I've gone through almost the same experience as OP has....

Were at Dimentora, lower level squad (some unexperienced w/ TT1-2). At the time, I thought he 007ed at a certain percentage of health (~25%), so, as we were very far from that percentage, we were all relaxed, attacking at will, etc. While still a ways away from 25% health, he suddenly said it... and I had a loose arrow fly in there... stole aggro, wiped out myself, 2 venos, and our cleric. We had two barbs... one had a plat hp charm on, the other's ran out during this -- so, from the aoe attacks, he died before the cleric had a chance to come back. While the cleric is frantically running back, we discover that our plat-charmed barb has D/Ced... Of course, when you D/C you don't always go *poof!* right away, but stay there for a little while. So, as the barb just stands there, his charm keeps ticking, and we keep praying that he'll disappear only after the cleric gets there to res the other barb... And he did. :D Soon after, main tanker poofed, came back online, everyone ressed... lots of goodies to share. b:victory
    "My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."
    -Neurosis

"An interesting concept. Perhaps we should ask an archer. They seem to be the math wizs here."
    -SaberArturia
    Quoted for truth. b:victory
  • Lord__Zoa - Harshlands
    Lord__Zoa - Harshlands Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    yes share all stories.

couple days ago i almost had a heart attack lol...

it was in TT 1-2 last boss. squad (2 clerics 1 wiz 2 veno 1 barb)

it was the 007 moment. before 007 the wiz dc so he was safe. the 2 clerics and 2 venos died. 1 cleric went to town. so the barb is now solo-ing boss. his charm is HELLA ticking. wiz comes back. he starts to heal barb but slow heals. and the music in TT made it more scary lol... so it went some what like this

barb: ahhhh i dont know if i can last!
    wiz: AHHH im doing the best i can hang in there barb!
    cleric who went to town: im coming! Y do i run so slow!?!?
    dead cleric: when u get here rez me first rez me first! run run
    cleric who went to town: im running as fast as i can!
    2 dead venos: ahhhhhh hhh ahhh
    cleric who went to down: i got slapped! brb again! *goes back to town*
    wiz: ahhh **** im running low on pots!

+ TT music

LOL was funny as hell

so cleric who went to town finally got to rez the other cleric. dead cleric rise and started healing barb asap. cleric who went to town then rez venos. whoah we did it lol ...

all thnx to the wiz lol.. who said wiz were useless?

b:laugh LOL thats very funny i can imagine it happening, these kind of momnets are what makes this game fun and funny, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ladyvieira - Heavens Tear
    Ladyvieira - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Ritsuki, glad it was fun for you! Doing TTs can get like that sometimes. No need to listen to RitZen or whatever her name is. EVERYONE was new to TT at one point, NO NEED to pee in someone's cereal when they were sharing something they said was fun for them. Keep doing them TTs, each one has its tricks that were passed down from player to player. Sounds like you were in good company.
  • Hikarue - Harshlands
    Hikarue - Harshlands Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    My heart attack came when my squad wiped out during a bh39 for farren. There is never enough clerics when you need one. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hazardus - Heavens Tear
    Hazardus - Heavens Tear Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Ive had quite a few but the most recent one I remember is:

BH69, random squad, after turtle. The only cleric said on squad that she was afk for a few mins. Couple of squaddies got tired of waiting and started dueling. I was watching them, interested to see BM v/s archer duels.

Next thing I know, veno runs past me with polearm in tow. All I can say is Solid shield, Invoke, ToP, purify pots and HP charm ftw.

Fortunately, cleric returned soon after. Bet she got a real shocker too.
    When the going gets tough; Get a tank!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nocturne mature HT guild - we invite people, not levels.
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Svenchan - Harshlands
    Svenchan - Harshlands Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Not really heart attack but funny.

Today i was doing FB 39 for a freind of a friend. It was me, a lvl 42 veno, and a lvl 42 cleric(its her FB).

We get to farren, and clear his minions, so i tell those two to stay back and heal me. Well they dont listen and both die. So im running back and forth around the area waiting for the Tabber to run back, and lasted to b:cool

But on her way back she gets aggro form a random mob, so i start running to her, and then i see her little dot running to me, so i almost killed her again with farrens aoe b:chuckle Luckily i didnt so we all set.

Also today to, we doing BH 51 Fushma and Wyvern. All going well until on fushma, the person who needs it Dcs so i ended up doing the Farren event again, but with fushface chasing me all over. Go Go clerics!b:victory

I should mention that im a sword bm, so little vit b:laugh
  • ExELFine - Heavens Tear
    ExELFine - Heavens Tear Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I love this thread, it reminds me why I enjoy playing this game so much. Many near-heart attacks here, I guess I just love the adrenaline rush once in a while.

I don't do much TT, but joined a squad last night, figured it's time to get my TT80 gear and weapon. At that TT "007" boss (1-3), I was spam-healing one barb while he was running towards portal when boss appears and kills me and I'm the only squad cleric with no BB, rez at 3, no squad goodies (squad members were aware of this). I had a rez scroll, no biggie. Went back to healing, and throwing a nuke here and there, when the (ice) wall came back down and I was stuck in it.

When the boss died, I try to get out, to no avail. I'm stuck in the wall, haha! Squaddies gather around me, tried to get me out, have me do a wave and dance, but I was still stuck. Town portal fixed it, they all waited for me, we did the next boss and it was fun. Squaddies were also very generous to me with the drops, and one of them asked me to please get my BB for next time?

Well, I did, earlier today and a squad heal...

b:embarrass
    [SIGPIC]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff122/dart2005/PWI/july05.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Crafting:
    Tailor: lev 7
    Blacksmith: lev 6
    Craftsman: lev 6
    Apothicary: lev 5
    SEMI to 7/8 RETIRED, not from PW but from PWI :)