Options
2»

Comments

• Skimi - Dreamweaver
    Skimi - Dreamweaver Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    yes share all stories.

couple days ago i almost had a heart attack lol...

it was in TT 1-2 last boss. squad (2 clerics 1 wiz 2 veno 1 barb)

it was the 007 moment. before 007 the wiz dc so he was safe. the 2 clerics and 2 venos died. 1 cleric went to town. so the barb is now solo-ing boss. his charm is HELLA ticking. wiz comes back. he starts to heal barb but slow heals. and the music in TT made it more scary lol... so it went some what like this

barb: ahhhh i dont know if i can last!
    wiz: AHHH im doing the best i can hang in there barb!
    cleric who went to town: im coming! Y do i run so slow!?!?
    dead cleric: when u get here rez me first rez me first! run run
    cleric who went to town: im running as fast as i can!
    2 dead venos: ahhhhhh hhh ahhh
    cleric who went to down: i got slapped! brb again! *goes back to town*
    wiz: ahhh **** im running low on pots!
    barb: my charm is gonna dieb:cry and i cant equip new charm in tiger mode

+ TT music

LOL was funny as hell

so cleric who went to town finally got to rez the other cleric. dead cleric rise and started healing barb asap. cleric who went to town then rez venos. whoah we did it lol ...

all thnx to the wiz lol.. who said wiz were useless?

next time take 3 venos and u wont even see 007 msg b:laugh
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    BH69 run with guild for Polearm. Party was a barb, cleric, archer, and 2 venos (one mine) both with hercs. I was too low level for Polearm but the group was grateful for the extra damage.

I'm still not sure what happened but the barb died about halfway into the fight. Polearm eats hercs for lunch and the other veno's herc went down in short order.

I'd like to say what happened next was deliberate, but it wasn't. I was foreseeing a party wipe, and hit Holy Path (back when it affected the group) to give everyone a running start to try to get away. I took off as well...

And ran far enough that my herc warped to me. I was so rattled I didn't realize what had happened. I saw my herc was damaged so instinctively I healed it. That's when I noticed that Polearm was making a beeline for me. So I took off running while the herc (still in attack mode) went after Polearm. That seemed like a quick way to a dead herc, so I switched it to follow mode.

About this time, another barb in the guild logged in and said he needed Polearm for Bh69. The group leader tossed him an invite. Meanwhile, I was still running. Polearm had almost caught up to me and I thought desperately for a way to delay him. I had one of those "duh" moments and switched my herc back to attack. Polearm stopped to fight my herc while I kept running. My herc warped to me, I tossed it a heal, and took off running again. I did this one more time, but Polearm was getting closer and next time I wouldn't have time to heal my herc, and it would die.

The sense of impending doom had departed and I noticed (1) my genie had regenerated enough energy to use Holy Path again, (2) the cleric had ressed the barb and the group was trying to reach me (well, Polearm), and (3) the other barb had zoned into the instance.

I hit Holy Path again, giving me enough distance to heal my herc again. This also took me into Noxtouch Culler's room. I started running laps around the edge of the room with my herc and Polearm in tow, using the attack/follow thing to buy me more time until Holy Path recycled again.

I kept this up for a couple laps by which time the rest of the group reached me. The first barb took aggro back on Polearm, we started fighting as if nothing had happened, And about 10 seconds after the second barb got within minimap range, Polearm died giving everyone credit for their BH.

Just like we planned it. b:pleased
  • ExELFine - Heavens Tear
    ExELFine - Heavens Tear Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Whoa... he was really breathing down your neck, good story and good fight, Solandri!
    [SIGPIC]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff122/dart2005/PWI/july05.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Crafting:
    Tailor: lev 7
    Blacksmith: lev 6
    Craftsman: lev 6
    Apothicary: lev 5
    SEMI to 7/8 RETIRED, not from PW but from PWI :)
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    My only real story like that was when a group of like 9 of us were doing a WB. We had two clerics (one was a Harvester) one barb and random DD party and after about an hour and a half the boss was at like 20% (we had mostly 6x/7x in the party =\) but being that this was Shadow Doll, of course at some point someone would notice us on world quest. A couple CQ came down and wiped out the Harvester cleric (and a few others that were on their kos)... and when the cleric came back she was killed over and over. Being that she was red... after about 30 mins and 10 dolls gone, she just left our party, while the barb's charm is just ticking like crazy. We were desperately looking for a new cleric, and when the last 435k b:shocked was ticked off the barb's charm... we had another cleric on the way, and the boss was at about 5% hp, with no more charm on the barb and the second cleric a few mins off. He got like a ToP off, then a turtle... and another ToP and he had like 30 seconds where he had nothing that'd keep him alive and the cleric showed up with the barb @ about 25% hp. Needless to say, our fail attempt at the World Boss ended well with everyone in the party making ~1.3mil. Couldn't believe it was that damn hard to get a cleric to come help out... and I still feel bad for that barb losing so much charm :(
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Aerilya - Sanctuary
    Aerilya - Sanctuary Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Wow, lots of great stories on here. I have a few I could share. A friend asked me to help him with the Mausoleum Watchman, so he tossed me an invite. I find an old friend in the squad already, from my bh29 days, and so we start chatting. We break only to kill Chin, and then while everyone else leaves to go about their own business we were still hanging out, talking about stuff. I had my camera focused in, and was facing my friend, checking out her gear. So little visibility. All of a sudden, I see my friend drop dead in front of me, and then turn to see Chin bearing down on me at full speed. I got about 5 meters up and away before he took me out. lol we had a really good laugh about it later.

Another time I was down by Kong, first time ever being down there. I am walking down the path between the rib like structures, when I see a few grey dots on the mini-map behind me. I thought, cool a few mobs to fight. I turned around and died. lol Didn't even get to see what it was until he was running past me. haha
    Good times. Best time ever though, fighting the Trioc Ruffians and Lords near Tusk Town. I had my cub out, send it in to attack one. It runs away, and of course my cub follows. It draws aggro from a few more, and then they come after me. I proceed to send my cub after each of the 4 I aggroed to get them off me. A few of those ran off, drawing aggro from some Auroxes, and some more Triocs. By the time my cub had taken aggro from the original 4, I had 12 mobs bearing down on me. b:shocked I was scared out of my mind, couldn't call out for help, and was spamming Relentless Courage, Windchase powders, pet heal, and tough. Took me about 10 minutes to get through all of them, but I was scared stiff. lol

Awesome fun when they all died though just as someone finally arrived to help me out. b:victory
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    When he gives the 007 line, his aggro gets reset. If someone besides the tank hits (or rarely, heals) before the tank can get aggro back, Dimentora switches to attacking that person.

His AOE is a ranged physical attack, but the AOE is centered on the target. So if the person who pulled aggro is a squishy caster standing in the middle of all the other squishy casters, all of them get hit by the physical AOE, most likely 1-shotting all of them.

Previously, he gave the 007 line at about 25% hp so it was easy to predict. All you had to do was tell everyone except the tank to stop attacking at about that point. The last few times I've helped kill him, he gave the 007 line anywhere from 70% to about 1% hp (literally 15 seconds before he died). Two of the times, another pet took aggro from my herc and died. Fortunately it was a pet that took aggro, not a caster.

If you have the luxury of two clerics, I would recommend splitting the casters up into two groups who stand apart from each other. That way if one group does pull aggro at 007 and gets wiped, the other group's cleric can keep healing the tank.

It's timed from a certian percent of his hp, I'm guessing on it being timed from when the da'vinci's pop.
  • SkullCrusher - Lost City
    SkullCrusher - Lost City Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    My heart attack moment was when i found my guardian scrolls in my BANK after flying around doing my whole world quest and camping vol 29 for a few minutes b:shocked btw i have 200 hours, red name and had around 100m worth of dropable stuff in my inventory
    my heart moment wen u were attackin me b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]b:cry
  • Damewort - Sanctuary
    Damewort - Sanctuary Posts: 573 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    That reminded me of another almost heart attack moment.
    Some guildies needed Krimson. It started with one squad, but then some more joined just to watch and drop some DD. We needed to kill him twice. So while waiting I dropped idea to one wizzie (duel buddy!) that we could duel down there while waiting. He aggreed.

First duel, second duel, third duel... some already say that he will show up soon... fourth duel... I strated to think that we really should stop and offered the last duel. Embraced for chi. And in the next moment Krimson respawned few steps away... he looked at us, turned and left, leaving me surprised in the hands of wizzie who started to chase Krimson to drop me on the boss.
  • LTraveller - Dreamweaver
    LTraveller - Dreamweaver Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Low 7X random squad, no barb, my 2nd encounter with 1-2 Soul Banisher. Herc tanks, 2 venos heal, archer DDs, SB is in his last 10%, I'm slowly falling asleep holding down Pet Heal hotkey -- then Banisher spikes like crazy and kills cleric thru BB. By the time I realize what's going on, everyone's dead, except the veno. Several seconds later, Banisher drops, she's the last one standing.

BH51; one of those two dustwraiths stands right under Myri. We all try to lock on that dustwraith, and archer accidentally shoots at Myri. Fortunately, it was a good squad: archer ran back into the corridor, casters dodged AoE, eldergoth's roar stopped Myri, someone catched dustwraith, and no one even died. Except the eldergoth.
    LTraveller, lv85 veno
    NamiOto, lv80 full support cleric
    RoamingAdmin, 7X fist/axe BM
    Ion_Cannon, 6X full mag wizard

(full support: healing + fire support)
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Once in BH69, we were waiting for the veno to pull the boss out of its room. We told her to pull Gaurnob first, because we weren't sure if we could handle Polearm with the levels we had, so we were pretty relaxed. Then the veno comes running out with polearm...b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • AinaMizuako - Sanctuary
    AinaMizuako - Sanctuary Posts: 1,041 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Not really a heart attack moment, but it surprised me when Watcher of the Chasm hit me (and a few other people) with his frontal AoE.. when I was behind him.

Didn't even turn or nuthin'.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    oh look, i'm inactive again.

b> leviciti b:cry
  • Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear
    Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Heart attack moment .. Picking up the 92 quest to kill harpy wraith b:shocked
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    My heart attack moment was back in my FB59. The Wood Boss... This was back before the days of genies, and while I was still packing a magmite as a tank. Normal strategy is to pull him up, by luring, and go for it from there, right? So, being the luring Veno, I grab him, and go. After the archer that was supposed to be grabbing aggro fails to grab it, and with him tight on my ****, one of our clerics decides to heal me. Which gave her aggro instantly. She died. Well, now the archer decides to attack, and proceeds to die as well, at which point, seeing the boss head right towards the other cleric, who had, in vain tried to heal the now dead Archer... I do the only thing that pops in my head. I nuke the hell out of it, until it comes after me. And proceed to run. As fast as I can manage. Past all the mobs we hadn't bothered with, since we had just avoided them. I dragged that stupid thing around the entire Wood section, which thankfully, has two paths to get to the boss, popping pots, as I was getting whacked over and over again, since the boss was outrunning me, screaming "RES EVERYONE!" Over and over and over again... Thankfully, the surviving cleric ressed everyone, got them all buffed, and together, we beat the ever loving **** out of the boss...
  • AzureRequiem - Heavens Tear
    AzureRequiem - Heavens Tear Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Mine was when I DC'd BBing Astralwalker: Naught in 2-2
    I was suprised the squad was still alive when I got back xD
    the 2nd cleric was Pro
    b:victory