Don't become a cleric if you don't like abuse

Options

Comments

• Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    There are many clerics, even more then needed. But in the wastness of clerics there are actually little good ones =P
    b:dirty
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    this thread is interesting b:chuckle surprised how many 'tards there are towards clerics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Under the heading of ya gotta love it: You ask the squad to gather up for buffs; they don't. After each melee the members scatter and take off for the next mob. You say, "rebuff." They ignore you. All the while, you're draining your charm spam healing the tank and tossing quick heals on other squad members, trying to heal them before the next skirmish while they grab all the drops, and run off. Finally, you come to the boss, everyone accidentally congregates, you throw a quick buff, and some dipstick has the unmitigated gall to comment: "At last, the cleric buffs."

And one other gripe while I'm venting: I don't mind resurrecting other players, even though it impedes already slow grinding sessions, but for gawd's sake, when you ask for a rez, will you PLEASE tell us where you are. Oh, yeah, and after we've wasted 5 minutes looking for your dumb azz because you didn't mention the little fact that you were in the air, a "thank you" would be nice.

Sorry for the rant.

Dark
    I agree with some of this, but yeah..

1. I buy sesame, because I can afford it with the coins my veno makes. I will not buy a charm, as I can BB/IH/RB just fine on sesame, and in the course of a BH/TT boss I burn only a couple. If someone demands me to be charmed, they can buy it for me, or slag off.

2. Most of the time I will rez someone who asks me and is nearby, but I will almost never go out of my way to do it unless it's a friend/fact-mate, and if I'm in the middle of grinding, assuming they are not on friends list, I finish first, as it is not my responsibility they died.

3. In groups, BH/TT, I will call for buffs, or someone else will, for the group, and those who listen get buffed, the other ones, well, tough ****. They can whine and demand buffs all they want, I just don't care.

I think you should at least try to implement some of these rules, as to prevent people from walking all over you. Often times nice clerics I know get taken advantage of and constantly complain about jerks. Thankfully, I know plenty of clerics who don't take **** from people, and are not servants to jump when people say frog. I've also run into plenty of fail clerics who deserved the **** they get. All in all, if it bothers you, blacklist 'em, or give them **** back.

Edit: Of course, I also will occasionally, after a BH (if I get Zimo on this char), while running to Plume on my mount, run into someone grinding on Shrunchkins or in the newbie area, and will jump off my mount and buff them. On occasion, as well, when bored, will run through the Ether/COTL/Plume newbie areas and buff any newbie I come across. I've also went, on my veno, to tame a full inventory of sawflies near Plume, as well as both types of magmites north of Ether, and give em out to people in the low lvl veno areas (the lvl 5-20 villages) who want one, for no cost. Nice ppl have made this game what it is, but it doesn't mean people take **** for no reason.
  • BeingHope - Harshlands
    BeingHope - Harshlands Posts: 5,013 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    b:surrender that is kinda cruel in a way though...... b:sad makes you feel guilty...
    [SIGPIC]http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad175/beinghope/beinghopesiggie.png[/SIGPIC]
    I forgot!!! Thanks forsaken for the signature b:cute
    b:chuckle I love huge catshops LOL b:laugh
  • Fuyukoneko - Heavens Tear
    Fuyukoneko - Heavens Tear Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Note on the rezzes: Please please tell clerics your location right away.

If you're in faction, say something like: 'Will a cleric rezz me at _____' rather than 'Can a cleric rezz me'.

I do not bother to ask for ur location because once I do, people expect me to come, regardless of how far I am. So, i tend to ignore all rezz requests. But if I see that you're close, I wouldnt mind going a little out of my way.

Similarily, if I happen to be on your radar, ask for my help and invite me to party. I don't know about anyone else but... I hate cordinates. And if you're half burried under a mountain with only your little red shoes poking out, I'm more liable to let you stay there.
  • BeingHope - Harshlands
    edited September 2009
    Options

If you're in faction, say something like: 'Will a cleric rezz me at _____' rather than 'Can a cleric rezz me'.

I do not bother to ask for ur location because once I do, people expect me to come, regardless of how far I am. So, i tend to ignore all rezz requests. But if I see that you're close, I wouldnt mind going a little out of my way.

Similarily, if I happen to be on your radar, ask for my help and invite me to party. I don't know about anyone else but... I hate cordinates. And if you're half burried under a mountain with only your little red shoes poking out, I'm more liable to let you stay there.

Omg, I hate when people do that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! b:angry They keep saying, "Dumb cleric!" when they don't even mention where they are! b:angryb:angry
    [SIGPIC]http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad175/beinghope/beinghopesiggie.png[/SIGPIC]
  • Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear
    Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    On my Cleric if people give me **** I will let them die. If we are in an FB I will leave and tell the others to leave (PM) just as the jerk takes aggro from the boss LOL.

I make sure from the get go that the squad understand that the Cleric is IN CHARGE of the operation and that they WILL fall in line and do as they are told. If they want to go berserk in a dungeon they can do that by themselves and die repeatedly. If they want to do things right then they will listen to me.
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Happened to me twice. Both times I explained that I had been asking them to stop. One time, the person who griped apologized nicely. The second time, I was informed that they shouldn't have to wait for me to buff. Take a wild guess which one of those two times resulted in me leaving them stranded at the boss and going about my business?

Are these random squads? Sounds like it.

I hang out right next to the cleric when we enter the fb, if it's a random squad. Otherwise, I rarely squad with ppl I don't know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • Parvati - Dreamweaver
    Parvati - Dreamweaver Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

Yea, and pretty please say your altitude as well.
    I'm only level, err, 22? but I've still had a handful of people asking me to res, and a few of those have been airborne while dying. Rather than having me fly around for 6 minutes looking for you, just say that you're 20m ABOVE me. Still, I dislike ressing people since most of the time the people I encounter are creeps. Horrid...
    Someone said to me that there's not as many creeps at higher levels, but I'm starting to wonder.
  • Sevas - Heavens Tear
    Sevas - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Different class of creeps. :P
  • tamuz12
    tamuz12 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    i do fun things when i am a clerics

i aoe buff, if your not near me while i buff, no buff for you
    **** me off , i let u die
    u die , i rez u with my level 4 rez b:laugh
  • Chrisssss - Sanctuary
    Chrisssss - Sanctuary Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    LOL for people who are rude and arn't paying attention, I simply make them pay for for their rudeness, lol I just simply let them die and tell them hey if they don't want to stay together then find find another cleric. People who know me in my server know I'm a good cleric and pretty cool guy but I won't tolerate rudeness.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    LOL for people who are rude and arn't paying attention, I simply make them pay for for their rudeness, lol I just simply let them die and tell them hey if they don't want to stay together then find find another cleric. People who know me in my server know I'm a good cleric and pretty cool guy but I won't tolerate rudeness.

woot just remember you and the tank are basically the only thing keeping the entire party from being wiped out.

^.^
    RESPECT TEH CLERICS!!

me actually working on a cleric alt because me am friendly like that. ^.^'
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aydamn - Lost City
    Aydamn - Lost City Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I must confess I haven't been subject to any abuse in a long long time, I get mostly compliments :/
    Usually the person giving abuse is in the wrong anyway. If people don't do what I tell them and as a result I'm unable to save them I'll inform them that it's entirely their fault. As for the resses, if someone's in the vicinity I usually hit T and click on their name.

Actually a veno called me a noob the other day. I forgot that I'd changed my protections so I ended up purifying them instead of me. We both died at the same time >_>
  • tamuz12
    tamuz12 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    woot just remember you and the tank are basically the only thing keeping the entire party from being wiped out.

^.^
    RESPECT TEH CLERICS!!

me actually working on a cleric alt because me am friendly like that. ^.^'

am i a good cleric hammy ? b:chuckleb:angry
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    tamuz12 wrote: »

That doesn't mean anything as you will still get te blame for someone dieing or party wipe.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    tamuz12 wrote: »

yes. yes you is. *om nom nom* XD
    That doesn't mean anything as you will still get te blame for someone dieing or party wipe.

and it really works. b:shocked who wants to be rezzed by a level 4 rez. xD I actually took less aggro then usual during a tamuz run. (>.<)
    lol should've seen me today. I started channeling BIDS at every new mob before the veno lured lol. so if she didn't lure fast enough then there would be 3 or more mobs after me. lol! had no barb either but had a pretty good bm and 2 venos who managed to keep me alive. XD
    (>.<) also stole aggro like mad from the other wizard. b:laugh
    all fear teh hamster wizard with a level 44 weapon who manages to steal aggro from a wizard with a HH60 weapon.

P.S there seems to be a cleric/barb shortage in Lost City. (T.T)
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mickeym
    mickeym Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Personally, I like it when people scream "HEAL" when they pull aggro from the tank. Or "REZ" when they die. Do they honestly think we won't do those things unless they tell us?

Cleric is the only job where everyone else in the party thinks they know how to do your job better than you.

Seriously, do you every hear anyone shout "TANK" to the barb or "Do Damage" to the wizard?

LOL! So true and I'm so happy I found this topic! Like you said, I don't get why everyone who isn't a cleric thinks they know better than the cleric how to be a cleric.
    "BB!" "Stop BB" "REZ!" My response the last time, "Oh ok, I'll rez that one person while the rest of you die, k?" I never hear anyone yelling at the barb or blademaster to use the dragons or use armageddeon, but they have no problem shouting orders at the cleric. Or when you're healing someone and they start telling you to heal someone else, I'm quite capable of keeping you both alive. Do I tell them which mob to hit? Not all clerics are the same, just like all the other classes have differences, yet they treat us like we are the same with no regard of what skills we have or don't have. Some have more vit, some more channeling, bottom line, WE know what we're capable of and how our cleric is equipped, just like they know their character.
    Thanks for letting me vent!

b:victory
  • ExELFine - Heavens Tear
    ExELFine - Heavens Tear Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Very interesting thread, really, it's so refreshing to see our valuable class members grow a spine at long last b:pleased

For the last few months, I've seen a change in many other players' attitude but in general, most still tend to treat us like disposable garbage, which only confirms and comforts me in my choice of build (full MAG with only 3 vit).

From the start, I wanted to be a "fighter who can heal not a healer who can fight" and I'm pretty glad I did. I've seen (full support) clerics taking a lot of abuse in their low levels and now that they're into their 90s, are forcing others to respect them.

Cheers to the standing Clerics and remember: "know when to say no".

b:mischievous
    [SIGPIC]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff122/dart2005/PWI/july05.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Crafting:
    Tailor: lev 7
    Blacksmith: lev 6
    Craftsman: lev 6
    Apothicary: lev 5
    SEMI to 7/8 RETIRED, not from PW but from PWI :)
  • jushin
    jushin Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Oh boy,a nurses convention.Most of you clerics are more nurses than medics and although you may be needed like every other class you chose to become an assist class so assist and stop wining.And in my opnion unlike most mmos I dont notice any great appeal to having cleric buffs,bm,barb and veno buffs are more useful,so get a grip and keep you defibrilator handy and check our IV's every once in awhile thats what you wanted to do when you chose it
  • Helr - Sanctuary
    Helr - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    You're right Jushin, i did choose to be a healer class (at least for this alt) but nowhere in the class description did it say: "Heal, res and buff everyone you come across and let them walk all over you." I don't have to put up with people ordering me around on my cleric any more than i do on my BM or wizard. We aren't whining, we just want the same respect given to everyone else.

If you don't see the appeal for cleric buffs, tell me and I'll make sure not to give them to you. It really makes no difference to me. b:chuckle

I'm not god. My squad's lives may be in my hands, but mine is in theirs as well, so i treat them with respect too.
    helr - cleric,7X
    Jaggerjaques - BM, 7X
    blackrobe - Wizard, 6X
    and several others :D
  • Graviora - Dreamweaver
    Graviora - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I've had some of these problems but whenever I rez, I do so. That is just something I always do. But the buffs; I get this problem on BHs. Most people run in and don't give me a chance to fully buff and then yell at me.

I've also had a problem with people blaming me for healing. In one occasion, they told me to spam heal the tank, who happened to be my husband. He went in for it and I healed while he tanked the boss. He told the wizards to come beside me to not get hit by aoe but they continued to attack in aoe range. I tried throwing them wellsprings every chance I got but when they died, they made smart remarks like "And NOW she does her job b:chuckle"

I enjoy being a cleric since I wouldn't have done any better as another class but sometimes... I can't stand other players >_>;;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    jushin wrote: »
    And in my opnion unlike most mmos I dont notice any great appeal to having cleric buffs,bm,barb and veno buffs are more useful

Right here is where the attempt to troll failed, due to stupidity. BM buff is more useful than cleric buffs? Genius, the Vanguard spell does the EXACT same thing Golden Bell does. The other buffs are just extras. Ignorance does not allow arrogance, shoo.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Oh boy,a nurses convention.Most of you clerics are more nurses than medics and although you may be needed like every other class you chose to become an assist class so assist and stop wining.And in my opnion unlike most mmos I dont notice any great appeal to having cleric buffs,bm,barb and veno buffs are more useful,so get a grip and keep you defibrilator handy and check our IV's every once in awhile thats what you wanted to do when you chose it
    cleric buffs are like flu shots b:cute makes you wonder and wish youd had gotten it before things killed you
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • LightenWings - Dreamweaver
    LightenWings - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    when im bored. i just fly around the city and buff newbies for free.
    dont expect to some prize.
    but if the pepole in the squad are so mean, find another pepole to hang out with.
    LightenWings
    Level 1X
    Server: DreamWeaver
  • BeingHope - Harshlands
    edited September 2009
    Options
    ..... Wow this thread has sure grown since I last posted..... <.<

But yeah... -.- Why can't people just listen to us and not die? I mean, you warn them to not do something, they do it and die. Then ask for a rev. I'm like "Are you kidding me?!?! I just warned you who-knows-how-much and your asking for a rev? Its a freaking 885 mana!!!"

b:surrender Geez, but some people are lucky..... <.<
  • jushin
    jushin Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Firstly I normally dont use forums and dont know forum speak only troll i know about is a big creature with a club that eat people.I odnt know or care what trolling is.Secondly all I am saying is you are a cleric you wanna heal heal u wanna res do so but If people go into battle buffless opr like most barb jump forward into the fray stay back inthe shadow when they die then step forward.Some one insulting you leave party.No need to gripe about it most of time by the time the cleric heals me i have already healed myself
    edited September 2009
    Options
    If people go into battle buffless opr like most barb jump forward into the fray stay back inthe shadow when they die then step forward.Some one insulting you leave party.
    that is sadistic logic lol b:chuckle
  • MakotoNemuri - Lost City
    MakotoNemuri - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I usually just buff people randomly because I simply want to help. I don't look to be payed or anything like that.
    Some people can be ungrateful, but I chose to buff them, so sometimes it doesn't bother me.
    If I am mistreated in a squad, I simply look at the rewards of being in the squad, be that items or exp, instead of caring about them as much. ><
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I usually just buff people randomly because I simply want to help. I don't look to be payed or anything like that.
    Some people can be ungrateful, but I chose to buff them, so sometimes it doesn't bother me.
    If I am mistreated in a squad, I simply look at the rewards of being in the squad, be that items or exp, instead of caring about them as much. ><

Don't go around buffing others randomly unless they ask for this include ressing as well.It is required when you are in squads.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.