Don't become a cleric if you don't like abuse

Options
1235»

Comments

• Marrianna - Harshlands
    Marrianna - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    But, sometimes it's just nice. If I see someone dead on the ground, or pked in Secret Passage (which is totally not allowed), I rez them. It's just common courtesy, I think.
  • sprtwind
    sprtwind Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Interesting thread. I have a level 66 cleric. Squadding with people I know, meaning guildies, because I know them very well, isn't usually a problem. My faction members know what they're doing, and they make my life easy as a cleric, really. For the newbies in our guild, they tend to listen to what they're told by the higher level players.

Squadding with people I don't know is another matter entirely. I've run FBs with clerics who rush into mobs and bosses, and when I tell them they're endangering a lot of people besides themselves, they basically tell me to feck off. I've run with barbs who, as has been mentioned, haven't the vaguest idea of how to tank properly, and then get pissy with me when they die.

As for those few comments I've seen about clerics not being treated badly in game, all I can say is watch a bit more closely. I've been busy with faction people, helping them with quests, when some moron gets him/herself killed. Mostly, you'll see something like "Can someone res me?" But, I've gotten whispers from people - the first thing they'll say is, "Res me, you f*cking b*tch!!" Needless to say, they lay there. I had a person DEMAND that I res them three times once, within the space of about 15 minutes. As much as I hate deliberate KS'ing, I went ahead and ressed him, then spent a half hour KS'ing him.

I've never asked for payment for anything I've done to help people. VERY rarely, someone will pass me some jaozi, or some orbs, or whatever - even a couple of GAs once. But that almost never happens, and as someone else pointed out, cleric is an expensive class.

I guess I'm something of a masochistic b*tch... I still love my cleric more than any other build I've done...
    Idiotic account name I made - I'm LupineKiller in game...
  • powergeyser
    powergeyser Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Wow. Some of you are really tough...I like that though. Less BS.

I've always tried to be nice seeing as how I'm a noob when it comes to working in squads but this thread is making me rethink my position. I should probably start asking who has charms (even though it seems nobody wants to say so b/c they don't want to use theirs but i don't want to heal people who don't need to be healed lol), and start asserting my position. In the last couple of parties I was in, I don't think anyone even thanked me but instead thanked the high level tank/DD (they get all the glory -sigh-), despite the fact I was the only cleric in the party. -_-

I haven't been in any particularly horrible squads on this server. But I've been in squads where I was treated like a bothersome noob despite the fact they still keep me in their squad. In almost every squad I've been in, I've had the tank/DD dash off in a dungeon before I had all my bearings. It pisses me off because they're not considering the other members of the party. When that happens, I usually forget about them and stay with the stragglers or lower levels.

This only happened once but I don't like being told to heal. In my last party, the overzealous DD got to like 3/4 health, loses aggro somehow, and then tells me to heal as I was healing the person who accidentally caught aggro. Healing is all I do when I'm in squads, I don't even have the luxury to toss out demands like soooome people do. I didn't even have the time to get pissed off.

lol...I'm TOO NICE too most of the time. My highest Cleric is lvl32 but I've started a new one yesterday and am now lvl21. Trying a different build. I'm usually solo but ppl do sometimes ask for help (my 32 Cleric) and I provide if they're in range and aren't ASSWHOLISH about it. Thing about this is, I started playing PW HAPPILY like, "Wow, kool game..." yet nowadays I'm feeling more like, "F*** OFF!! Do your own ****!"... And why is it my luck to be in PVP where Untames and Archers seem to like bullying me for nothing while I'm grinding. One Untamed straight stalked me with his freekin crow beast just to kill me over and over, sheesh.
    You'll be surprised how few people actually do have charms. I played with my guildmates almost exclusively before Bounty Hunter, now I PUG often and SO bloody many of them don't carry charms, even the Barbs. That IS something that annoys me. The Cleric has to carry an HP Charm, an MP Charm AND a Rez Scroll at all times yet everyone else is "too poor" even to get a bronze HP charm? Please. If you're too poor for a charm then sell that pure black clothing set you're wearing and GET ONE.

I AGREE with Cos on this, Clerics I believe are the most EXPENSIVE class. Even though I've managed to keep up a certain amount of money from picking up nearly EVERYTHING I see to selling my mirage stones, I'm no where near a miilion.

I like challenges and therefore Cleriked myself. I think Clerics are SUPE STRONG @higher levels so I guess I'll stick it out till then. Maybe I'll also be able to POUND on some bullying Untames and Archers.
  • Verminaard - Harshlands
    Verminaard - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Sometimes you have to be a ****, when being a cleric. In ANY game. Guild Wars especially. "A cleric who's running to heal someone, isnt a cleric thats healing" So yeah, you'll get a lot of grief and BS when playing one. As a lot of folks said, just party with high levelers or people you know. That way YOU KNOW they understand not only their roles within the group, but yours as well. There should be NO REASON why you have to compromise your position just to go heal or rez someone who knows well enough that they need to stick by the healer. (Sorry, grammer could be better, for me)
  • Sir_Martin - Lost City
    Sir_Martin - Lost City Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    >.> when the expansion comes out, they should make it for clerics when you rez someone u take 10k from them xD
    [SIGPIC]8x Epic Cleric =P[/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I usually jump in ahead as melee on my alt, but thats cause i got a jiaozi from jollyjones event to cover me XD

omgomg you have a melee alt? i wanna seeeeeee
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    omgomg you have a melee alt? i wanna seeeeeee

:O !
    *stuffs Q in a paper bag and places outside the cleric forums* =3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan