Territorial War - Is it the end?

ariesdiamond
ariesdiamond Posts: 1 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Dawnglory (EU)
For better reference, take a look at the link below showing TW maps of every server

[HTML]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=387021[/HTML]

Looking at Harshland's map, obviously Kingdom and Kylin are going turn the map red and yellow. 'Destiny' as what most people called the third strongest will be attacked by Kingdom and Kylin sometimes this week. And obviously it isnt gonna survive in either attack, let alone 2 combined. After the attack, the next to fall is GoodGame and Awakening. Then what next? Kingdom attack Kylin like Conqueror vs Bloodlust in LC? Or will it stop like that in Sanctuary?

Either way, TW in Harshland is now reserved to only Kingdom/Kylin. And I cant believe the server is actually supporting this. People, Kingdom & Kylin are removing territorial war from the game you have been playing for weeks/months. And TW is the one of the key feature which distinguish PWI from other games. I heard some people came from other servers to Harshland just so they can TW again. These 2 guilds are removing TW, and no one standing up against them.

Make it clear, I have nothing against Kingdom and Kylin, what I want to see, or what most people wish to see, is competitve TW every week, not some 5min TW 1 wave push and its the end. It isnt really impossible for the map to have many colours. Heaven Tears server manage to bring down dominant Radiance. (Take a look at the link above) And Heaven Tears is a much older server. Why cant Harshland do the same?

Each time a new guild is form and rise up to power, the next thing that happen is other guilds attack that guild. Just like how there's a triple attack against Destiny by Kingdom, EndofDays, Emperno. Same thing happen to Sense, Ethic, Celestial, Over9000, many others. So what is the big deal if you manage to get their land? Expect Kingdom and Kylin not attack ur land next week? IMO this is getting really stupid.

In Heaven Tears, each time a dominant guild is over-expanding, the whole server will go against that guild. This should be the mentality Harshland need if we want our map to be filled with colours. Or else, we will end up like Lost City - PvE server under the name of PvP. And only when the map are filled with different land-owning guild, can there be fun in TW, and more people in the server can take part in TW. If we dont do something about Kylin and Kingdom (especially), we will be like Lost City, where even the next 3 best guild do a tri-attack, Conqueror still take them down easy.

This is just my view, and honestly I have nothing against Kingdom and Kylin. But for the future of the server, I believe this must be done. To Kingdom and Kylin: do you guys actually enjoy a 5min victory against another opposing guild?
Post edited by ariesdiamond on

Comments

• Ajani - Harshlands
    Ajani - Harshlands Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Yes. Damn u Kingdom and Kylinb:angry Why did u scared every faction in this pathetic server so much? Now they don't to face u guys in TW. Meaniesb:cry
    PVP: 3800 kills in the name of KD lawl
    Retired as of 18/11/09
    Back as of 22/11/10
    Archer retired as of 26/12/10
  • Chiichan - Harshlands
    Chiichan - Harshlands Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Yes. Damn u Kingdom and Kylinb:angry Why did u scared every faction in this pathetic server so much? Now they don't to face u guys in TW. Meaniesb:cry

b:sad agreed. rainbow colors are more fun b:surrender
  • Korinth - Harshlands
    Korinth - Harshlands Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I Dnt Even See Why U Bothered Writing That Post........and Its Not That Really Ppl Are Scared Of Kingdom And Kylin It That Was So U Would Never Be Able 2 Say That Ur Members Get Pkd Its That Ppl Are Scared 2 Put Up 500k On Something They Can Only Acheive If Others Join In And 2 Many Of The Lesser Faction Leaders Dnt Talk Enough 2 Each Other 2 Start A Movement..................if They Did Kd Wouldnt Have As Many Lands As They Do Now And Kylin For Sure Wouldnt Be Where There At Now
  • Ascii - Harshlands
    Ascii - Harshlands Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Kingdom will jump on destiny, Kingdom said they was a non RPK guild, and ofc they invent some excuse to prevent them from fighting Kylin for another 2 weeks because everyone Knows Kylin would roll them but there screwed in 1 weeks time :D

Kylin will most likely attack Destiny too but I think GoodGame would be a better target o.-

Also watch out for them EndOfDays, there getting a lot of members since last week xD
  • Dark_Fate - Harshlands
    Dark_Fate - Harshlands Posts: 968 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    just wait and see
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cleon - Harshlands
    Cleon - Harshlands Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I Dnt Even See Why U Bothered Writing That Post........and Its Not That Really Ppl Are Scared Of Kingdom And Kylin It That Was So U Would Never Be Able 2 Say That Ur Members Get Pkd Its That Ppl Are Scared 2 Put Up 500k On Something They Can Only Acheive If Others Join In And 2 Many Of The Lesser Faction Leaders Dnt Talk Enough 2 Each Other 2 Start A Movement..................if They Did Kd Wouldnt Have As Many Lands As They Do Now And Kylin For Sure Wouldnt Be Where There At Now

Yeah, I can't read this, my eyes are burning.

Also watch out for them EndOfDays, there getting a lot of members since last week xD

That's true, EoD is getting strong. Only if GG, EoD, Destiny and others would merge into a powerhouse, this would make the server more fun TW and PVP wise.
  • Paigrande - Dreamweaver
    Paigrande - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    For better reference, take a look at the link below showing TW maps of every server

Looking at Harshland's map, obviously Kingdom and Kylin are going turn the map red and yellow. 'Destiny' as what most people called the third strongest will be attacked by Kingdom and Kylin sometimes this week. And obviously it isnt gonna survive in either attack, let alone 2 combined. After the attack, the next to fall is GoodGame and Awakening. Then what next? Kingdom attack Kylin like Conqueror vs Bloodlust in LC? Or will it stop like that in Sanctuary?

Either way, TW in Harshland is now reserved to only Kingdom/Kylin. And I cant believe the server is actually supporting this. People, Kingdom & Kylin are removing territorial war from the game you have been playing for weeks/months. And TW is the one of the key feature which distinguish PWI from other games. I heard some people came from other servers to Harshland just so they can TW again. These 2 guilds are removing TW, and no one standing up against them.

Make it clear, I have nothing against Kingdom and Kylin, what I want to see, or what most people wish to see, is competitve TW every week, not some 5min TW 1 wave push and its the end. It isnt really impossible for the map to have many colours. Heaven Tears server manage to bring down dominant Radiance. (Take a look at the link above) And Heaven Tears is a much older server. Why cant Harshland do the same?

Each time a new guild is form and rise up to power, the next thing that happen is other guilds attack that guild. Just like how there's a triple attack against Destiny by Kingdom, EndofDays, Emperno. Same thing happen to Sense, Ethic, Celestial, Over9000, many others. So what is the big deal if you manage to get their land? Expect Kingdom and Kylin not attack ur land next week? IMO this is getting really stupid.

In Heaven Tears, each time a dominant guild is over-expanding, the whole server will go against that guild. This should be the mentality Harshland need if we want our map to be filled with colours. Or else, we will end up like Lost City - PvE server under the name of PvP. And only when the map are filled with different land-owning guild, can there be fun in TW, and more people in the server can take part in TW. If we dont do something about Kylin and Kingdom (especially), we will be like Lost City, where even the next 3 best guild do a tri-attack, Conqueror still take them down easy.

This is just my view, and honestly I have nothing against Kingdom and Kylin. But for the future of the server, I believe this must be done. To Kingdom and Kylin: do you guys actually enjoy a 5min victory against another opposing guild?

I think it is too early to say that this is the end, there are still alot of high lvls nd 8x spread out through multiple guilds in the server which would make a big impact in TW in they fought together... Although I believe EoD nd Awakenning r the only 2 guilds I c growing up nd become strong enough to face either Kylin or KD cuz they have great leadership nd a strong, solid core.b:bye
  • Dustinmurphy - Harshlands
    Dustinmurphy - Harshlands Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited September 2009

kingdom and kylin are going to kick each others **** once it's only them 2b:chuckle
    so it will be amusing to see!
    If anniversary pack threads keep getting made I'll keep trolling them until there isn't anymore!b:bye
  • Bloop - Harshlands
    Bloop - Harshlands Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Everyone's just being lazy. The reason no one can stand up to Kingdom and Kylin is because once a faction dies, all the active members flock to one of those factions. If you don't believe me, look at the amounts of ex-Crimson signing up to join Kingdom on their forums.
    60 / 250.
  • MD - Harshlands
    MD - Harshlands Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Everyone's just being lazy. The reason no one can stand up to Kingdom and Kylin is because once a faction dies, all the active members flock to one of those factions. If you don't believe me, look at the amounts of ex-Crimson signing up to join Kingdom on their forums.

People compare Kylin and Kingdom? Are you really serious Epic....did you get "brain wash" from awakening?....

KD:27 lands
    KY:14 lands

ROFL.....
  • Bloop - Harshlands
    Bloop - Harshlands Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I wasn't comparing anything. I just said when one faction dies, the active members flock to the next powerhouse(That being Kylin and Kingdom) instead of attempting on creating a new TW able faction..
    60 / 250.
  • Ajani - Harshlands
    Ajani - Harshlands Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I wasn't comparing anything. I just said when one faction dies, the active members flock to the next powerhouse(That being Kylin and Kingdom) instead of attempting on creating a new TW able faction..

True. But most people QQ about it even when they are the reason of the problem.
    PVP: 3800 kills in the name of KD lawl
    Retired as of 18/11/09
    Back as of 22/11/10
    Archer retired as of 26/12/10
  • Sheo - Harshlands
    Sheo - Harshlands Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    My opinion, in next 3 weeks all small guilds and Kingdom will start to atack Kylim :P

Ps. I dont care if Kylim or Kingdom will prevail but one of them will go down, gl to the winer
    Nova_ : Rofl. I was talking in guildchat feeding peoples ego and getting everyone hyped up, mainly to dilute some of the bad taste from constant crimson PKing all day.
  • Juggernaut - Harshlands
    Juggernaut - Harshlands Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    People compare Kylin and Kingdom? Are you really serious Epic....did you get "brain wash" from awakening?....

KD:27 lands
    KY:14 lands

ROFL.....

44 lands total. Do the math. KD and Kylin are going to control 100% of the map within 2-3 weeks. Then what? I'm not 100% sure who would win if you guys went to war with each other, but eventually, that's what will happen.

Inevitably, people will flock to the winning guild, and they will start to take over the whole map getting stronger and stronger as they go.

-yawn-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rhyme - Harshlands
    Rhyme - Harshlands Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Only if GG, EoD, Destiny and others would merge into a powerhouse, this would make the server more fun TW and PVP wise.

Merging into 1 guild will not be able to take KD or Kylin But multiple attacks will. See Kingdom hasnt had a actual TW since...........................................................................................................................................................Uhh. The 1 Crimson war.

Kylin hasnt had a real TW since.....................................................................................................
    uhhhhhhh Crimson.

KD will try to Zerg us. When it fails RayVer will poo a little in his pants. Defending KD is easy if you go full Defense.

Kylin has the same beginning tactic. If it fails then they got to there other Strategy's and will be a Decent enemy.
  • Hippie - Harshlands
    Hippie - Harshlands Posts: 515 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    why is everyone just speaking? take lead, make a "new QQme", the server really need that
    Nullum crimen sine lege.
    edited September 2009
    why Is Everyone Just Speaking? Take Lead, Make A "new Qqme", The Server Really Need That
    (agrees With Hippie)
    If anniversary pack threads keep getting made I'll keep trolling them until there isn't anymore!b:bye
  • Ligeia - Harshlands
    Ligeia - Harshlands Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    make a "new QQme"
    Out of what?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by Bakura~
  • atila
    atila Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Make a new QQme but don't call it QQme cause it's the worst faction name ever.
  • Saveless - Harshlands
    Saveless - Harshlands Posts: 664 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I have: ****, BOTme, WTFPWNED....tbh, I'd use WTFPWNED. 'cause that's what you want to see when you take Kingdom's first territory.
  • Lffy - Harshlands
    Lffy - Harshlands Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Philip Ontakos 399
  • Saveless - Harshlands
    Saveless - Harshlands Posts: 664 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Philip Ontakos 399

Somehow I was expecting that lol.
  • Pedro - Harshlands
    Pedro - Harshlands Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    lol, agree with Hippie. stop talking and lets take lands =P
  • Hippie - Harshlands
    edited September 2009
    Out of what?

i dont know, i dont really know people outside kylin now, becouse most of i knew quit.

the right answer for that is i have to do everything instead of u? :P

there is interest for a powerhouse outside kylin and kingdom, many friends of myne went to eod for example, which may work with time, idk

just dont take all the garbage as QQme did
    Nullum crimen sine lege.
  • BeingHope - Harshlands
    BeingHope - Harshlands Posts: 5,013 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Mhmm, I have to say the map has really changed since I joined.. Less colors for sure but... ^^ It might be the end but I'm sure somewhere in the future that something might happen lol xD
    [SIGPIC]http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad175/beinghope/beinghopesiggie.png[/SIGPIC]
    I forgot!!! Thanks forsaken for the signature b:cute
    b:chuckle I love huge catshops LOL b:laugh
    edited September 2009
    naw it ain't tha end, see people think kingdom and kylin are going to be the only ones on the map until they get mad then duke it out at each other then one of them will disband then winter comes, map reset the end!b:chuckle

Besides that I don't know what else to say I'm kinda bored don't wanna get on maybe level up my wizard idk, watch a scary movie on syfy but seriously whats up with them renaming syfy I liked it better with sci fi not syfy that's like southern for im to lame to pronounce and I'm from Atlanta damnb:angry
  • Dark_Fate - Harshlands
    Dark_Fate - Harshlands Posts: 968 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    why is everyone just speaking? take lead, make a "new QQme", the server really need that
    fully agree
    Out of what?
    Out of those who are left? the non botters?
    lol, agree with Hippie. stop talking and lets take lands =P

yeah dude give us fun... u guys thought we were easy... u got lucky getting 3 tw same day same time... nothing... maybe next week 4 we'll send 50 in each tw or do as we usually do lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vagirababe - Harshlands
    Vagirababe - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Seems like the more land you own the higher the chances are for you to get caught with your pants down. My meaning is the more land you have the higher the probability that the guild might need to defend several during the same time slot.

Own one land and you can always focus all your energy on that one land and never get mulitble attacks. Own the whole map and wouldn't there be possiblilty to defend up to 4 or 5 at a time. There's a major weakness that can be exploited.

I'll admit i'm not know it all about bidding process. Have i misunderstood something.

Also i know it may not seem like much but the constant chipping away will have a commulitive affect over time. Many are just on those guild for the paycheck im guessing. Over time you will begin to peel those player off and many will gladly switch sides if they see a window of opportunity.

And once you get the snowball rolling down the mountain, then you may be amazed at the results. Look at Crimson. Who in their right mind, 3 or 4months ago, would have bet money crimson would have crumbled and be wiped off the PWI TW map?

I really hate to even give my advice because Kylin and kingdom are decent guilds and most of you guys QQ are abunch of RPK jerk offs. Your right thought the server may get boring with only 2 dominating the TW, so here's the advice. The leaders of the other major guilds need to discuss statagey with each other even if they may not adore each other. Don't even bid unless you can triple attack either kingdom or kylin and make sure you take advantage of every chance there is to mutiple attack. Since you'll be coordinating bids you will also not have to worry about pushing up the price by overbidding each other and will not cost as much to attack. If a guild beats kingdom or Kylin and the other don't, it might be nice geasture to compenstate the other guilds involve by reimbursing thier bidding fee at the very least.
  • Ligeia - Harshlands
    Ligeia - Harshlands Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Out of those who are left? the non botters?
    That was my whole point: there's barely anyone left, and the few high levels still here are in Kingdom, Kylin, or CBA for everything. I don't even know why Awakening bothered to bid if half our guild wasn't going to show up and the people who did weren't even going to make any kind of attempt to do anything. We left four debuffed catapults in our base with no clerics untouched like we were waiting to lose.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by Bakura~
  • Hippie - Harshlands
    edited September 2009
    Seems like the more land you own the higher the chances are for you to get caught with your pants down. My meaning is the more land you have the higher the probability that the guild might need to defend several during the same time slot.

Own one land and you can always focus all your energy on that one land and never get mulitble attacks. Own the whole map and wouldn't there be possiblilty to defend up to 4 or 5 at a time. There's a major weakness that can be exploited.

I'll admit i'm not know it all about bidding process. Have i misunderstood something.

Also i know it may not seem like much but the constant chipping away will have a commulitive affect over time. Many are just on those guild for the paycheck im guessing. Over time you will begin to peel those player off and many will gladly switch sides if they see a window of opportunity.

And once you get the snowball rolling down the mountain, then you may be amazed at the results. Look at Crimson. Who in their right mind, 3 or 4months ago, would have bet money crimson would have crumbled and be wiped off the PWI TW map?

I really hate to even give my advice because Kylin and kingdom are decent guilds and most of you guys QQ are abunch of RPK jerk offs. Your right thought the server may get boring with only 2 dominating the TW, so here's the advice. The leaders of the other major guilds need to discuss statagey with each other even if they may not adore each other. Don't even bid unless you can triple attack either kingdom or kylin and make sure you take advantage of every chance there is to mutiple attack. Since you'll be coordinating bids you will also not have to worry about pushing up the price by overbidding each other and will not cost as much to attack. If a guild beats kingdom or Kylin and the other don't, it might be nice geasture to compenstate the other guilds involve by reimbursing thier bidding fee at the very least.

this is a way too long post, noone will read it

(yes if u read it u r noone)
    Nullum crimen sine lege.