"Why do you PKK?"

Options
Grayson - Lost City
Grayson - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
edited November 2009 in Arigora Colosseum
When you think about PKKing, you think of one of those "Care bear" factions don't you? RPKing and simple PKing seem to be the law of the land. NO this is not a thread complaining about being "PKed on a PK server" blah blah blah. I'm simply asking, if you are a PKKer, what are your motives? As a PKKer myself, I've been asked that question quite a few times. The only answer I can summon is "Well, some one has to stand up for the white names". When PKers are idolized and praised it makes the life of a PKKer much much harder lol. As well as the fact that for every PKKer there seems to be squad a PKers trawling through Hidden Orchid or Heavens Tear or what have you. So with those odds (and more) against you, what is your reason for PKKing?

P.S. I tried to make sure there were no other threads like this
Post edited by Grayson - Lost City on

Comments

• Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I and my faction PKK for the following reasons:

1. Red names are more likely to drop loot.
    2. You get virtually no penalty for killing red names.
    3. Most red names have loads of red name friends that they bring for me to kill after QQing for like 5 minutes.
    4. Lowbies & what not like you for it, and I enjoy killing noobs that don't know how to fight anything but 3x's. It pissed me off when I couldn't do my friggen fb/bh29 and now its time for pay back.
    5. You make less enemies PKKing than you do rpk'ing.
    6. I like playing the good guy b:victory

;) That's about it.

QQ I'm tired...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I don't in this game but I did this in a previous mmo. The game was not open pk to begin with but they made it open pk. I'd take my highest level character, wander around the lower levels areas and kill any red names I saw. Most red names were also high levels going after easy kills.

At the same time all the lower levels would quickly fly when they saw me (can't fight/get hit when flying) since they were afraid I'd kill them.

One time I was chatting with someone and a high level with a very red name dropped in, quickly killed the person I was talking to then ran off into a cave to hide. I chased the person into the cave, killed them and they dropped at least half their inventory and almost all of their equipment for me to pick up.

Why did I pkk? I hate pkers. They are just cowards, so I killed them to prove how weak they really are when someone actually can hit them back.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Mycerinus - Harshlands
    Mycerinus - Harshlands Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Pkkers and just picky pkers lol

not all pkers kill lowbies
  • ColdSteele - Lost City
    ColdSteele - Lost City Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I PKK because:

1. I like to pvp and usually pkers and rpkers are closer and better fights than white names. besides the whites usually just run away.

2. I can't drop my equipped items as long as i don't attack white names.

3. The red names can drop their equipped items.

4. Because I can't drop my equipped items while attacking red/pink names I don't have to worry about dying as much meaning i don't have to buy extra stuff as often (charms, dolls, event pots even if i don't feel like it.).
    It's too bad but "free to play, pay to win"-sckye

These "updates" are seeming more and more like downgrades.

aryannamage: Not PWE GM's they are all greedy b:angry
  • Raydoit - Sanctuary
    Raydoit - Sanctuary Posts: 377 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I like the Cooperative gameplay and I like to pk people that I cant stand even though I get utterly destroyed in the...uh....pelvis?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

See its black and white now. It means I quit! How poetic and stuff.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I PKK because:

1. I like to pvp and usually pkers and rpkers are closer and better fights than white names. besides the whites usually just run away.

2. I can't drop my equipped items as long as i don't attack white names.

3. The red names can drop their equipped items.

4. Because I can't drop my equipped items while attacking red/pink names I don't have to worry about dying as much meaning i don't have to buy extra stuff as often (charms, dolls, event pots even if i don't feel like it.).

You can still drop even when attacking red/pink names dude :O
    You become a pink name when you attack them/defend yourself.
    Also, though it is a slim chance, you can drop your items while you are white named too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    What about PKers PKing players their level? Should they be PKKed?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Kyna - Lost City
    Kyna - Lost City Posts: 1,597 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    1: More likely to drop their items

2: When alone there are quite a few red names that are pretty easy targets. I mean come on... they've been running after people half their level. It's funny to watch them freak out when someone their size attacks.

3: Well... normally they attack me first so...

4:I don't get hours of infamous for it.

5: I feel like it...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the sig :D
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    Fanfiction found on the forums or at rikasstorycorner.deviantart.com
    LOST CITY! -> home to the original badasses of PWI b:cool
    ... and a few losers....
  • Kyna - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    What about PKers PKing players their level? Should they be PKKed?

They don't turn red a lot then unless they're killing people their level that are afk or something. The other player has to have not fought back at all for the person to turn red. So if they're PKing their level there's a possibility they could still be white.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    ... and a few losers....
  • Gasoline - Lost City
    Gasoline - Lost City Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Pkking is really only about not going red name + mostly get nice loot.

Its really nothing heroic about it, more economic since dolls cost so much money now and random red ppl drops stuff like tombolas. Pkk is random pking like any other form of rpking, just that u target red names cuz you're a cheapo lol.

In many cases red names are red for a reason such as kos or revenge...not all players are red for killing every white name lvl 30 for the lulz. So it obviously makes them very pissed when some white name rpks them.
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I do it for the drops, and as revenge for all the times I got one-shot as a lowbie. Oh and for the challenge of it. Rather go after someone who will fight back than someone who will just run or die.

I especially like dropping by the Secret Passage/Orchid Temple area and taking out any rednames I find there. It's amazing how much some RPKers QQ when the tables are turned.

It's also fun seeing how badly some PKers fail when they have to fight someone their own level instead of just running around one-shotting lowbies.
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Note to self, find Kniraven and Grayson.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Note to self, find Kniraven and Grayson.

b:chuckle Awwwww.. now I feel special b:cute

So what singled us out in the group? =P

b:surrender Btw... some of RQ's new lowbie barbs kinda suck... you guys should tutor them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kyna - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options

Its really nothing heroic about it, more economic since dolls cost so much money now and random red ppl drops stuff like tombolas. Pkk is random pking like any other form of rpking, just that u target red names cuz you're a cheapo lol.

In many cases red names are red for a reason such as kos or revenge...not all players are red for killing every white name lvl 30 for the lulz. So it obviously makes them very pissed when some white name rpks them.

b:surrender I've been red before myself though not very much :P so I only rpk REALLY red names... then it's pretty obvious they were killing plenty of noobs... thus further nerfing their PK skills.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    ... and a few losers....
  • Kyna - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    b:chuckle Awwwww.. now I feel special b:cute

So what singled us out in the group? =P

b:surrender Btw... some of RQ's new lowbie barbs kinda suck... you guys should tutor them.

Bahahahaha! I know! Not just their barbs and not just their lowbies! I killed a level 80+ cleric of theirs with my level 68 (at the time) cleric and the next time I saw her she wasn't in RQ anymore and she was white xDDD I laughed so hard. :D I have a witness too. >.< He couldn't help me because he was in Riot at the time... but it looks like I didn't need much help anyways :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    ... and a few losers....
  • Grayson - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options

They're obv red for killing a white name. Whether he/she was trying to get away or they just got one-shot. Either way they were defenseless or just trying to get away.

Cheapos? blah. Many of us carry dolls with us just as normal.

And if you have a target, I suppose it can't really be considered "random" PKing

silly b:chuckle
  • Mycerinus - Harshlands
    Mycerinus - Harshlands Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    but pkers who TARGET lv 30s are still considered random? and what if the red name is lv 30 or so ? wouldn't that be killing a lowbie ? oh and you cant really call it revenge if you aren't killing the ppl who killed you.
  • Archers_Soul - Lost City
    Archers_Soul - Lost City Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    but pkers who TARGET lv 30s are still considered random? and what if the red name is lv 30 or so ? wouldn't that be killing a lowbie ? oh and you cant really call it revenge if you aren't killing the ppl who killed you.

pkers who "target" (target meaning only go after, not killing some times) lowbies i consider noob killers but being an RPKer is some one who attacks anyone they can including lower lvls and high lvls.

**** THE POLITICS >.<
    I don't care how old or young you are, how small your **** is, how much of a nerd irl you are or how depressed you are that you never will get laid. There is no reason to act like an A-hole to everyone on an mmorpg. Its a shame that I have to take time out of my day to tell people "stop being an A-hole". So I end with this, if your acting like an A-hole, and some one tells you your being an A-hole chances are your being an A-hole.
  • Dsrx - Lost City
    Dsrx - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    They're obv red for killing a white name. Whether he/she was trying to get away or they just got one-shot. Either way they were defenseless or just trying to get away.

silly b:chuckle

actually you are wrong; i have killed white names from kos factions that intended to attack me before they managed to touch me; it's not that hard for ranged classes
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    i pkk just for the fact that I don't/cant afford dolls to protect my worn gear. b:chuckle
  • Grayson - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    actually you are wrong; i have killed white names from kos factions that intended to attack me before they managed to touch me; it's not that hard for ranged classes

Jumping to conclusions like that can get you in a bit of trouble.
    Be careful
  • Worship - Harshlands
    Worship - Harshlands Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    well for an archer if you dont attack preemptively, then if they do mean to fight, they are in your face and stunning you =/
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

ya it's easier to kill KOS people when your a melee class since you can tank their first hit allowing you to finish em off and thus be pink named only.

But if your ranged I guess exception is cleric or mayhaps veno?
    You have to strike em down before they get a single hit on you. X_X'
    makes being KOS suck since you might have to turned red for a bit in order to continue questing or something. T.T'
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hemoglobin - Lost City
    Hemoglobin - Lost City Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    PKKing is kinda lame, in my opinion. Killing rednames because your ingame morals are a bit to extreme. Have some fun. It's better to 1shot lowbies than actually have to do something vs. your own lvl.

Also, some pkers just want to get up their kill count, and thus, kill anyone and everyone; lvl doesn't matter.
  • Grayson - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    PKKing is kinda lame, in my opinion. Killing rednames because your ingame morals are a bit to extreme. Have some fun. It's better to 1shot lowbies than actually have to do something vs. your own lvl.

Also, some pkers just want to get up their kill count, and thus, kill anyone and everyone; lvl doesn't matter.

How is it extreme to act on your morals? o.O I don't understand that argument at all lol. Enlighten me.

You're the type of PKer who PKKers love to hunt the most (If you do indeed pk in that way). You'd rather attack a lower level who can't fight back than take on someone close to your level. A lot of people who fight like that will run from any person who would put up the slightest resistance.

And yes I understand the kill count thingy.
  • Hemoglobin - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    How is it extreme to act on your morals? o.O I don't understand that argument at all lol. Enlighten me.

You're the type of PKer who PKKers love to hunt the most (If you do indeed pk in that way). You'd rather attack a lower level who can't fight back than take on someone close to your level. A lot of people who fight like that will run from any person who would put up the slightest resistance.

And yes I understand the kill count thingy.

Morals? On a game? Please, we play to get away from life. Why must morals be dragged into killing someone for fun? Why do people care so much? It's like saying here, play this game, but don't use it's features that attracted you to it in the first place. This is the only game with a PvP system that I actually like. Open PK, a freaking brilliant idea. As for lowbies, they don't need vengeance; they need to get their own revenge if it bothers them that much. I mean really, it's a game for fun. If I find it fun to run around and kill people who are weak and deffenseless, so be it. And when their guildies come to kill me, I'll laugh as they do so, if I can't make my escape fast enough (see someone from the faction coming > get on boa > FLEEEEE!!!!!). It's not a big deal.. Just res, and go back to my business if they manage to kill me.

As for me being the "type" of PKer PKKers love to hunt, not yet. I know my limits. I don't feel like being red at this lvl anymore, so I'll hold off until I'm 8x or 9x, if I even make it that far. Me and a friend went around and got 100+ hours, and believe me, with my connection, it SUCKED getting white again (took several weeks).

But once in a while I can't help myself at SP b:victory
  • Kyna - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options

Translation:

"Duuuurrr, I think PKKing is lame but oneshotting noobs is so cool! I also try to lick my own ear all the time! Watch me! I might actually do it this time!"

b:chuckle

That has got to be one of the dumbest statements... unless of course you were trying to be sarcastic, but subtle sarcasm doesn't carry over well in text.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    ... and a few losers....
  • Hemoglobin - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Translation:

"Duuuurrr, I think PKKing is lame but oneshotting noobs is so cool! I also try to lick my own ear all the time! Watch me! I might actually do it this time!"

b:chuckle

That has got to be one of the dumbest statements... unless of course you were trying to be sarcastic, but subtle sarcasm doesn't carry over well in text.

It was sort of sarcasm, but serious as well. I don't find it "cool" to pk; I find it fun.
  • Kyna - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    xD I sure hope that part about not wanting to take on someone your own level was sarcasm... otherwise... you just made yourself a very easy target for PKK xD

That is assuming of course that you kill enough noobs to be red.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    ... and a few losers....
  • Hemoglobin - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    xD I sure hope that part about not wanting to take on someone your own level was sarcasm... otherwise... you just made yourself a very easy target for PKK xD

That is assuming of course that you kill enough noobs to be red.

Err, I said it's easier, not that I don't want to.. And nope, I don't pk unless I'm bored enough, in which case I kill maybe 1 or 2 people..Going white again is a *****.