"Why do you PKK?"

Options

Comments

• Grayson - Lost City
    Grayson - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Morals? On a game? Please, we play to get away from life. Why must morals be dragged into killing someone for fun? Why do people care so much? It's like saying here, play this game, but don't use it's features that attracted you to it in the first place. This is the only game with a PvP system that I actually like. Open PK, a freaking brilliant idea. As for lowbies, they don't need vengeance; they need to get their own revenge if it bothers them that much. I mean really, it's a game for fun. If I find it fun to run around and kill people who are weak and deffenseless, so be it. And when their guildies come to kill me, I'll laugh as they do so, if I can't make my escape fast enough (see someone from the faction coming > get on boa > FLEEEEE!!!!!). It's not a big deal.. Just res, and go back to my business if they manage to kill me.

As for me being the "type" of PKer PKKers love to hunt, not yet. I know my limits. I don't feel like being red at this lvl anymore, so I'll hold off until I'm 8x or 9x, if I even make it that far. Me and a friend went around and got 100+ hours, and believe me, with my connection, it SUCKED getting white again (took several weeks).

But once in a while I can't help myself at SP b:victory

I suppose I disagree with how you play. I'm not playing to get away from life and I know for a fact that I'm not the only one. I would much rather help someone out than make their endeavors that much harder. That is how I have fun in game. I think I much rather earn the thanks of someone than "One-shotting" them and running away when their guildies show up...
    Just me though b:shutup
  • Kyna - Lost City
    Kyna - Lost City Posts: 1,597 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I personally like to bully the bully. And where better to do that than a PvP server? xD I get bored enough, I pick a random noob to follow and then kill every rpker that tries to kill my random noob :P It's funny, the rpkers cry worse than the noobs they go after when they die. That's the way it normally is with bullies though :P they can dish it out but they can't take it.

Call me a carebear if you want, but that's my way of satisfying my odd sense of duty and honor as well as my thirst for blood b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the sig :D
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    Fanfiction found on the forums or at rikasstorycorner.deviantart.com
    LOST CITY! -> home to the original badasses of PWI b:cool
    ... and a few losers....
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    PKers are good targets. /thread :D

P.S. I'm tired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hemoglobin - Lost City
    Hemoglobin - Lost City Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I suppose I disagree with how you play. I'm not playing to get away from life and I know for a fact that I'm not the only one. I would much rather help someone out than make their endeavors that much harder. That is how I have fun in game. I think I much rather earn the thanks of someone than "One-shotting" them and running away when their guildies show up...
    Just me though b:shutup

Thankfully, god lost his cookie cutters when creating humanity. Of course what you find fun would be different from me, and that's just fine.
    I personally like to bully the bully. And where better to do that than a PvP server? xD I get bored enough, I pick a random noob to follow and then kill every rpker that tries to kill my random noob :P It's funny, the rpkers cry worse than the noobs they go after when they die. That's the way it normally is with bullies though :P they can dish it out but they can't take it.

Call me a carebear if you want, but that's my way of satisfying my odd sense of duty and honor as well as my thirst for blood b:chuckle

That sounds like fun! But whenever I follow random noobs they get mad at me and log off. QQ

Annnnnd I'm not a bully, thanks. I don't gank people. I kill them once and move along, which would not be bullying, but rather, enjoying the hunt. Who wants to shoot the same deer twice? (What I think is funny is how I talk about PKing like I do it often when really I've only "PKed" 1 day/night, getting 100 hours with my friend) But regardless.. If I were red and you were to kill me I'd probably laugh, unless I lost something good, in which case I'd be mad for a bit..but it's only a game. It's not like I'm losing much, other than a few hours of gameplay.
  • Grayson - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    PKers are good targets. /thread :D

P.S. I'm tired

I'll have to keep an eye out for you two in LC just to say hello =]
  • Grayson - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Thankfully, god lost his cookie cutters when creating humanity. Of course what you find fun would be different from me, and that's just fine.

That sounds like fun! But whenever I follow random noobs they get mad at me and log off. QQ

Annnnnd I'm not a bully, thanks. I don't gank people. I kill them once and move along, which would not be bullying, but rather, enjoying the hunt. Who wants to shoot the same deer twice? (What I think is funny is how I talk about PKing like I do it often when really I've only "PKed" 1 day/night, getting 100 hours with my friend) But regardless.. If I were red and you were to kill me I'd probably laugh, unless I lost something good, in which case I'd be mad for a bit..but it's only a game. It's not like I'm losing much, other than a few hours of gameplay.

I actually remember helping you out with your pk problems once upon a time at HT. Oh the irony lol
  • Hemoglobin - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I actually remember helping you out with your pk problems once upon a time at HT. Oh the irony lol

Oh now I wouldn't call it "problems".. I was just waiting for the dude to move along and you came and killed him for me, haha. b:victory

I PK rednames too though, if I see one around my lvl, so not too ironic.

Annnnnd why won't you say hi to me?? QQ
  • Archers_Soul - Lost City
    Archers_Soul - Lost City Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

you have a very dark, negitive and steryotypical outlook on rpkers.
    I don't care how old or young you are, how small your **** is, how much of a nerd irl you are or how depressed you are that you never will get laid. There is no reason to act like an A-hole to everyone on an mmorpg. Its a shame that I have to take time out of my day to tell people "stop being an A-hole". So I end with this, if your acting like an A-hole, and some one tells you your being an A-hole chances are your being an A-hole.
  • Hemoglobin - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    you have a very dark, negitive and steryotypical outlook on rpkers.

This^

Also, an unknown secret: if you give monies or cookies they pewpew less. b:victory
  • Dizzy - Lost City
    Dizzy - Lost City Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    To start off, I love most pkks. They make the game fantastically interesting for me and keep me from dozing off while grinding. Pking is actually kind of boring for me, especially with the economy as it is, since most people don't even have hp charms and die too fast for any real challenge to come about. So the key is to only focus fire on the factions that you know from past experience will come looking for you at a later time, thus maximizing the results.

Finally all the boring hours of pking pay off when your blood red name starts luring in the pkks who usually don't hold anything back and give it their all to stomp you into the ground. The sneaky ones in particular get my heart racing as I usually have to make a come from behind victory or a narrow escape b:chuckle.

But just like there are the fun type and the jackass type of pkers, the same goes for pkks as well who take it to the limit.

A stereotyped general example of good pkks from my experience would be Nagare. They usually only pkk in response to your own actions and they know well from their TW experience how to coordinate as a team. But at the same time they also will usually try to work something out with you and move on after both sides are satisfied with a good fight. People like this make my heart smile b:dirty.

On the counter, I've had many negative encounters with pkks from Home as a single fight usually isn't enough for them. They tend to trash talk, will come back multiple times whether they win, lose, or draw, and make things miserable for not just the red named but any innocents that they are hanging out/grinding with for quite some time.

So in closing the people who pointed out just how similar pker and pkks are hit the nail on the head. You can't really label each side as one type of person or the other based on which side they choose. It all comes down to who you are dealing with each fight and what their personal reasons turn out to be.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Every time someone replies on an alt to someone, you know they scared.

Faction History in Order:
    RageQuit, Hate, Darknes, RedHawk, NoAngels, FightClub, Harvester, Peerless, FinalOath, Koi, ThaClick.
  • Hemoglobin - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    To start off, I love most pkks. They make the game fantastically interesting for me and keep me from dozing off while grinding. Pking is actually kind of boring for me, especially with the economy as it is, since most people don't even have hp charms and die too fast for any real challenge to come about. So the key is to only focus fire on the factions that you know from past experience will come looking for you at a later time, thus maximizing the results.

Finally all the boring hours of pking pay off when your blood red name starts luring in the pkks who usually don't hold anything back and give it their all to stomp you into the ground. The sneaky ones in particular get my heart racing as I usually have to make a come from behind victory or a narrow escape b:chuckle.

But just like there are the fun type and the jackass type of pkers, the same goes for pkks as well who take it to the limit.

A stereotyped general example of good pkks from my experience would be Nagare. They usually only pkk in response to your own actions and they know well from their TW experience how to coordinate as a team. But at the same time they also will usually try to work something out with you and move on after both sides are satisfied with a good fight. People like this make my heart smile b:dirty.

On the counter, I've had many negative encounters with pkks from Home as a single fight usually isn't enough for them. They tend to trash talk, will come back multiple times whether they win, lose, or draw, and make things miserable for not just the red named but any innocents that they are hanging out/grinding with for quite some time.

So in closing the people who pointed out just how similar pker and pkks are hit the nail on the head. You can't really label each side as one type of person or the other based on which side they choose. It all comes down to who you are dealing with each fight and what their personal reasons turn out to be.

Couldn't have said it better myself!

Honestly it is the person, not the label.

And most of the time, the pkers you hate; join the guild they're in, talk to them some, you'll find out they aren't (always) so bad. Some are, but from my experience, they're completely different in a better situation.
  • Wolfkight - Harshlands
    Wolfkight - Harshlands Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    What about PKers PKing players their level? Should they be PKKed?

i pkk cus i want pay back for every time they killed me and i pkk cus they drop more stuff and for picking on white names and u acciluy think a high lvl player would ppl ppl thier own lvl LOLb:laugh. high lvl pkers kill always 10or lower lvl them them selves.
  • Grayson - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options

Yes, it is true that HOME will keep coming and coming at you until both sides are exhauhsted or or simply fade. This normally only happens when our lowbies are attacked by a much higher level (often repeatedly) and cannot defend themselves . For the simplest maybe random attack, TheFire will send out the cavalry as well as show up himself. But don't think that we aren't open to negotiations. Fire is always willing to try to talk it out before we start anything too big. As of the trash talking, some of us do, some don't. Depending on the moods I suppose lol.
  • Thepope - Lost City
    Thepope - Lost City Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    RPKers that cant fight their own level give people like me a bad name. i often hear "LOL U KANT KIL N E WUN UR OWN LEVL SO U GOTZ TO PIK ON LOBEEZ LOL!!!1!!11!ONE!". if you want to test a pker in a real fight, give me a try. that said, i agree with dizzy. some pkkers make the game fun and make the life of a pker more exciting. tho nobody but cq really even attacks me now, when i was 7x nagare was fun to fight. but i guess this is the natural progression of things. as you near 90, pkkers fade out and the only competition is kos with major factions. but dont worry, ill make sure to keep a 7x alt out there to keep u pkkers on your toes b:pleased
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Translation:

"Duuuurrr, I think PKKing is lame but oneshotting noobs is so cool! I also try to lick my own ear all the time! Watch me! I might actually do it this time!"

b:chuckle

That has got to be one of the dumbest statements... unless of course you were trying to be sarcastic, but subtle sarcasm doesn't carry over well in text.

=O
    Kyna speaks moron!
    just like in that one old MadTV episode!
    xD
    b:chuckle
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    The term 'PKK' fills me with rage. Something about it just has an air of stuffy undeserved self-satisfaction. Like you've just saved a cat from a tree or an infant from a burning building.

WE'RE ALL JUST E-PEOPLE E-LIVING IN THIS E-WORLD. Some of us are just a little more e-trigger happy than others. Gosh.
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • /Groovy/ - Harshlands
    /Groovy/ - Harshlands Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    PKK is the best option for those who want to PvP without high costs.
    You don't need to worry about Guardian Scrolls, binding your stuff - just go and try to kill red names.

PK drops is a rare but nice bonus.

Also better PvP experience because red named player *will* fight back.
    Packs World International
  • Tecknic - Lost City
    Tecknic - Lost City Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    id rather PKKK.
  • Grayson - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    The term 'PKK' fills me with rage. Something about it just has an air of stuffy undeserved self-satisfaction. Like you've just saved a cat from a tree or an infant from a burning building.

WE'RE ALL JUST E-PEOPLE E-LIVING IN THIS E-WORLD. Some of us are just a little more e-trigger happy than others. Gosh.

Well, here's your chance! If you could rename PKKers what would it be?b:chuckle
    Btw do you mean, saved a cat instead of an infant?
    RPKers that cant fight their own level give people like me a bad name. i often hear "LOL U KANT KIL N E WUN UR OWN LEVL SO U GOTZ TO PIK ON LOBEEZ LOL!!!1!!11!ONE!". if you want to test a pker in a real fight, give me a try. that said, i agree with dizzy. some pkkers make the game fun and make the life of a pker more exciting. tho nobody but cq really even attacks me now, when i was 7x nagare was fun to fight. but i guess this is the natural progression of things. as you near 90, pkkers fade out and the only competition is kos with major factions. but dont worry, ill make sure to keep a 7x alt out there to keep u pkkers on your toes b:pleased

I'll be watching for that archer of yours. I hope he's as fun as your barb b:victory
  • Moog - Lost City
    Moog - Lost City Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I used to pkk but after playing this game for a year now I've come to realize how incredibly lame it is. Rpk is so much funner cause you attract pkk and you get funny pm convos as well.
  • Thepope - Lost City
    Thepope - Lost City Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I used to pkk but after playing this game for a year now I've come to realize how incredibly lame it is. Rpk is so much funner cause you attract pkk and you get funny pm convos as well.

exactly. just didnt take me a year to figure it out :P pkk is lame. its a way to be a puss and still pvp. man up. go red b:victory
  • Grayson - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    exactly. just didnt take me a year to figure it out :P pkk is lame. its a way to be a puss and still pvp. man up. go red b:victory

lmao. I think thats the ego that is so stereotypical of PKers.
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    i just dont see the point in rpking white names. Maybe rpkers have fun killing white names who dont have skill? Unno that seems boring to me, Id rather hunt red names with experience in killing players, its more fun to kill someone who thinks they know what they're doing in pvp.
  • Dizzy - Lost City
    Dizzy - Lost City Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Not ALL white names are lacking fighting skill. After pking many you find the few that are worth chasing after to get your kicks. For instance my gf is a fantastic Veno but if we didn't know each other in real life I might never get the thrills of fighting her because she neither pks or pkks. People like this are rare and thrilling but will only unleash their power against pkers that attack them first.

Bowlinbob is on my list of fantastically fun white names... I lost some of my fire to hunt Nagare when I heard you stopped logging in. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Every time someone replies on an alt to someone, you know they scared.

Faction History in Order:
    RageQuit, Hate, Darknes, RedHawk, NoAngels, FightClub, Harvester, Peerless, FinalOath, Koi, ThaClick.
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Not ALL white names are lacking fighting skill. After pking many you find the few that are worth chasing after to get your kicks.

Bowlinbob is on my list... I lost some of my fire to hunt Nagare when I heard you stopped logging in. b:sad

im back btw :P have fun
  • TheBlackMage - Lost City
    TheBlackMage - Lost City Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I first got into pkking for the drops, (but seeing as how I haven't seen any drops in a while playing on any of my characters) now I just pkk to have a good fight, like a lot of people said already most white names will run and I don't like to play "the bad guy". Plus its annoying (at least to me) walking into SP and seeing some random lvl.9x killing everyone that's not hiding in a corner, then trash talking about how weak everyone is when no one wants to fight him in the first place. Sorry but I've wasted enough time waiting for the pkers to get bored and leave when I was low lvl, and once you have power instead of abusing it, why not try and help fix the situation,? I've heard a lot of pkers say "Well we survived and now its our turn to dish out the pain." Sorry but I just don't feel like continuing the cycle. You think once you'd have power you'd go hunt down the ones that gave you trouble. Sure you'll still probably lose as they've gained some lvls too but at least now you can stand and fight back.

"You either die as the hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."
    Things I've caught myself saying while playing my mage:
    "Boom Headshot!"
    "Flame On!"
    "Ice Ice Baby!"
    *while using Dragon's Breath* "I'm burnin', I'm burnin' for you..."
    "You know what they say about mages with big mp bars."
  • Grayson - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    i just dont see the point in rpking white names. Maybe rpkers have fun killing white names who dont have skill? Unno that seems boring to me, Id rather hunt red names with experience in killing players, its more fun to kill someone who thinks they know what they're doing in pvp.
    I first got into pkking for the drops, (but seeing as how I haven't seen any drops in a while playing on any of my characters) now I just pkk to have a good fight, like a lot of people said already most white names will run and I don't like to play "the bad guy". Plus its annoying (at least to me) walking into SP and seeing some random lvl.9x killing everyone that's not hiding in a corner, then trash talking about how weak everyone is when no one wants to fight him in the first place. Sorry but I've wasted enough time waiting for the pkers to get bored and leave when I was low lvl, and once you have power instead of abusing it, why not try and help fix the situation,? I've heard a lot of pkers say "Well we survived and now its our turn to dish out the pain." Sorry but I just don't feel like continuing the cycle. You think once you'd have power you'd go hunt down the ones that gave you trouble. Sure you'll still probably lose as they've gained some lvls too but at least now you can stand and fight back.

"You either die as the hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

I applaud you both. b:pleased
  • Dominatiger - Sanctuary
    Dominatiger - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I pk cause...

I like it!!!
    Happy Sauce face

ಪ_ಪ
    Manufactured by Konariraiden
  • RezzErection - Harshlands
    RezzErection - Harshlands Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    i PK: because i can...
    i PKK: for drops
    i post: because my oppinion matter
    and now: i will go play a game with 4 characters in it for teh lolz
  • thefire420
    thefire420 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I pkk for a lot of different reasons.mostly though i love pkking cuz of the felling i get when i clear a place like ht out of pkers so that my lowbies can quest.i get good **** from most pkers.and i can see the look i get when most cant one shot meb:victory.but its mostly for the ones that cant kill lvl 90s when there 30.b:angry