dark > holy

Options

Comments

• Miss_Tika - Lost City
    Miss_Tika - Lost City Posts: 730 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Uh lol. Increased channeling speed? I hope you're not intending on using DPyro/Snare for chi gain. So that's two less... leaving triple spark, which needs 3 sparks to begin with making it impractical, and pyrogram. You honestly think your faster casting pyrogram will keep up with the faster casting Stone Rain and Sage Pyrogram proccing?

This argument is a joke.

Agreed.

Hell's channeling speed is barely noticeable to even think they could accumulate more chi with regular attacks. Actually, I'm pretty sure a sage mage can get 6 sparks before a hell mage can get 3. ijs

Faster channeling on...
    Divine Pyro
    Glacial Snare
    Pyrogram

Your argument fails Pwnar
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    prof wrote: »
    the passives are equilivant in usefulness for both dark and holy.

there's only 1 doom "better" for holy, and that's cryonite.

and, and.. why am i telling this to a level 60?

lol @ raging child :)
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Pwnar - Harshlands
    Pwnar - Harshlands Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    This argument is a joke.

Like i said before no one on this server has good enough casting to prove my theory.
  • Miss_Tika - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    i got all the responses i expected:

raging children who think they know what a mage is b:shocked

tika: i hardly use my fury, if ever. i don't use it in tw(unless i hide the animation, otherwise it's just a waste), and even then it's only to take out cart pullers.

none of you will know how much vigor a dark mage has because none of you have played one. i've played both dark and holy with almost the same amount of skills, and i can't see the HUGE difference. maybe once every 60 seconds, or once every blue moon, you'll have slightly more(relying on 20%?).

w/e. this is pwi after all. where axes can kill people.

You're an idiot.

More ulti' in TW = more deaths, and more one shots, not to mention more fun. You think single targeting with regular attacks is "better" than what a sage mage can do in TW?

Ive played Hell before, and a few people from CQ were Hell on Oracle and are Heaven now. The chi difference is extremely noticeable, stop denying it.
  • Miss_Tika - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Like i said before no one on this server has good enough casting to prove my theory.

You're talking about .... channeling gear? We're talking about the differences between the Demon and Sage's added affect.

GTFO this thread
  • Calliope - Heavens Tear
    Calliope - Heavens Tear Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Why are we arguing with Forp again? I thought we gave up on that a while back. D:
    HAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHHHHAHAA

God this idiot reminds me of Forp or Frop or whoever that ****ing ****** was.

EDIT: prof = forp backwrds I AM A GENIUS
    I'm glad someone else noticed that. xD

Also, Pwnar, you may not have noticed, but a fair number of people have lunar ornaments/wand now. That's -18% channeling, probably -24% if they have a 6% sleeves, and maybe -30% if they have the cape too. Is that enough for you?

And if you're talking about more -chan than that, should they be reducing damage by socketing -3% chan gems, or reducing pdef by grabbing -% chan mdef ornaments? Or what?
  • Miss_Tika - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    If you use triple spark (or wellspring quaff) for chi gain... *laugh*

But some people might use demon triple spark (or demon wellspring quaff) and need to gain chi so they can keep using them...

what are you talking about
  • Pwnar - Harshlands
    edited September 2009
    Options
    And if you're talking about more -chan than that, should they be reducing damage by socketing -3% chan gems, or reducing pdef by grabbing -% chan mdef ornaments? Or what?

You don't get -chant when you add those stones to your gear, only if added to weapons.

Also Miss Tika, you make sage pyrogram and the 50 chi every minute seem like its the so godly. Yea 50 chi every minute is nice but put it into a pvp setting. Having the faster attacking skills is better than having that 50 chi you keep going on about.

Of course I'm not going to use d'pyro and glacial snare ALL the time because theyre more like starter attacks then a constant use in a combo. With faster casting though, glacial snare can be used in a very effective way in pvp ALONG with other dark skills.

Every holy mage will argue ofc because they've chosen the sage path and don't want to look like idiots.b:embarrass
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    With faster casting though, glacial snare can be used in a very effective way in pvp ALONG with other dark skills.
    yeah, about every 30 seconds, veeeeery effective

Every holy mage will argue ofc because they've chosen the sage path and don't want to look like idiots

still don't get it , don'cha?

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Calliope - Heavens Tear
    Calliope - Heavens Tear Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    You don't get -chant when you add those stones to your gear, only if added to weapons.
    Gee, I wonder why I said those stones reduced damage? Maybe because you'd socket sapphire gems instead? Nah, I must have been talking about socketing them in armor somehow!

I like how instead of addressing my basic point (that people have lots of -channeling now), you chose to correct a mistake I didn't actually make. It's that kind of intellectual dishonesty that proves you're just trolling and don't have a legitimate argument to make.
  • Pwnar - Harshlands
    edited September 2009
    Options
    yeah, about every 30 seconds, veeeeery effective

Yea it is effective, there just isn't any hell mages on LC cause everyone's mind has been poisoned into believe sage is the "BEST" way to go.
    I like how instead of addressing my basic point (that people have lots of -channeling now), you chose to correct a mistake I didn't actually make. It's that kind of intellectual dishonesty that proves you're just trolling and don't have a legitimate argument to make.

Ok so I might have misread, BIG FREAKIN DEAL? No one will wear mdef ornaments, that's stupid IMO. Only hit you'll take if any will be putting chant gems on your weapon.
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Silly forp, you know that you can't hide behind your alt.
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    CeliaZ - Sanctuary Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Stone barrier: Demon
    FoW: Demon
    Dragon breath: Demon (PVE Rebirth reason for me!)
    You guys forget Emberstorm? : DEMON!
    Hailstorm: Demon
    Sandstorm: Demon
    Morning dew: Demon (again PVE view, great saver for yourself or your squad members)
    Phoenix: Demon, bigger aoe = more damage in TW!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Miss_Tika - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options

lol.

Lets just ignore the nub. We all know he's wrong.
  • Miss_Tika - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Stone barrier: Demon ya, well, of course, the extra 30% defense is phenomenal
    FoW: Demon AoE seal is AMAZING
    Dragon breath: Demon stun>some hp regen
    You guys forget Emberstorm? : DEMON!....right
    Hailstorm: Demondefinitely
    Sandstorm: Demonyup, so what
    Morning dew: Demon yup, so what
    Phoenix: Demon, bigger aoe = more damage in TW!maybe, the aoe is so slight tho, its not noticable

Besides Stone Barrier, this list of moves isn't important

10char10char****this
  • Pwnar - Harshlands
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Silly forp, you know that you can't hide behind your alt.

I'm not prof/forp he's a different person.
    lol.

Lets just ignore the nub. We all know he's wrong.

Why ignore me, because you're only arguement is holy pyrogram and 50 chi every minute? GG thats a whole cultivation changer for me b:embarrass

I'd list all the skills and why demon is a whole lot better but I believe that's been done about 349582734590 times already.

-Holy Black Ice dragon
    -Holy pyrogram
    -Chi skill

Those are the only reason to go sage. Otherwise go demon. I'm done posting here got stuff to do.
  • Miss_Tika - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I'm not prof/forp he's a different person.

Why ignore me, because you're only arguement is holy pyrogram and 50 chi every minute? GG thats a whole cultivation changer for me b:embarrass

I'd list all the skills and why demon is a whole lot better but I believe that's been done about 349582734590 times already.

-Holy Black Ice dragon
    -Holy pyrogram
    -Chi skill

Those are the only reason to go sage. Otherwise go demon. I'm done posting here got stuff to do.

That wasn't my(and the rest of the thread's) only argument.

yes, go away

Did you notice i never said Sage > Demon over all. It's a different playing style and seeing you mock this playing style as if its inferior is wrong.
  • prof
    prof Posts: 1,111
    edited September 2009
    Options
    tika, as well as others, have only proven to me the ignorance that is this server. thanks guys. i was actually hoping to see some evidence to your claims to why holy is so superior for you. Kristope makes some sense, I agree with him that holy distance shrink is equally useful for both dark and holy.

oh, and tika.. when you get your holy seal, please, tell me how it works for you okay? 3 meter aoe is AMAZING compared to the lower cooldown, right?

right?
  • Sheswes - Heavens Tear
    Sheswes - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,216 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    drama drama drama !!!

most of demon skills are better than sage skills (and yea im sage)... but tbh in pvp/Tw u dont use all those skills - ur main skills are: pyrogram (sage wins), gush (demon wins), stone rain (both are good), phoenix (demon wins), hailstorm (sage wins), stone barier (demon wins), DB(sage wins) , BT (sage wins), MS (sage wins)...
    and BID .... sage BID > every other skill... no matter it's demon or sage skill... it's real anti catabarbs skill... it's just a BEST SKILL EVER!

ah and passive skills - ofc sage wins
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    scruuuuuuuubs killa b:cute Nation War champion b:cool
  • Miss_Tika - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    tika, as well as others, have only proven to me the ignorance that is this server. thanks guys. i was actually hoping to see some evidence to your claims to why holy is so superior for you. Kristope makes some sense, I agree with him that holy distance shrink is equally useful for both dark and holy.

oh, and tika.. when you get your holy seal, please, tell me how it works for you okay? 3 meter aoe is AMAZING compared to the lower cooldown, right?

right?

Please take a few moments and take a look in the mirror, Forp. You're the ignorant one here, claiming Hell is oh so superior, and bashing everything the sage mages are claiming.

Evidence? Are you serious. Our argument of Chi has already been a valid point. If you REALLY want some evidence go take a look at Haiz's TW vids. I doubt you have nearly as enough chi as he does, and i'd be surprised if you can cast half the amount of ulti's he casts.

Uh, I've had Sage Seal for months. The AoE is definitely nice. The extra cool down in Hell version is only beneficial in 1v1s... imo. Are you seriously using Seal every 28 seconds in TW? Use it when you *need* to.
  • SurferGirl - Dreamweaver
    SurferGirl - Dreamweaver Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    that prof guy is a cocky ***** that think low lvls got nothing to say in this topics ''why am i talking to this lvl 60'' ppls arnt just lvls smartass

and geez if u dont even play this server why the hell ur even here lifeless much?

anywayz what that 101 mage from heaventears said (sorry forgot name lazy to chack) and tika AND kris closed this topic can we just move on
  • prof
    edited September 2009
    Options
    drama drama drama !!!

most of demon skills are better than sage skills (and yea im sage)... but tbh in pvp/Tw u dont use all those skills - ur main skills are: pyrogram (sage wins), gush (demon wins), stone rain (both are good), phoenix (demon wins), hailstorm (sage wins), stone barier (demon wins), DB(sage wins) , BT (sage wins), MS (sage wins)...
    and BID .... sage BID > every other skill... no matter it's demon or sage skill... it's real anti catabarbs skill... it's just a BEST SKILL EVER!

ah and passive skills - ofc sage wins
    I agree with most of what you say Sheswes, except hailstorm. Why does sage benefit you more? To my understanding, the additional kick of damage is reduced to nearly nothing(as if it were treated like a dot)?
    Please take a few moments and take a look in the mirror, Forp. You're the ignorant one here, claiming Hell is oh so superior, and bashing everything the sage mages are claiming.

Evidence? Are you serious. Our argument of Chi has already been a valid point. If you REALLY want some evidence go take a look at Haiz's TW vids. I doubt you have nearly as enough chi as he does, and i'd be surprised if you can cast half the amount of ulti's he casts.

Uh, I've had Sage Seal for months. The AoE is definitely nice. The extra cool down in Hell version is only beneficial in 1v1s... imo. Are you seriously using Seal every 28 seconds in TW? Use it when you *need* to.

I say dark is superior with the same grounds everyone of you say holy is superior. Why do you think I made this thread? All I see is "Sage wins", yet I never see why. I know holy mages, I've ever played as one.. I don't see how it wins. You all just talk.

Haiz is a good mage, I'll give him that. I like his videos. They don't make my fingers curl like watching Pandora. Though even as I watch, I don't see any huge increase in vigor in comparison to mine. I might just have more level 11 skills, therefor gaining vigor is easier? Possibly, I can't see his skills.

The aoe for the seal is.. well, a nonfactor. The person you're using it on has to be nailing the other in the **** to be hit by the aoe. And no, I don't use it every 28 seconds, I use it every 21 seconds. I will, however, be using it every 18 seconds when I get to level 99(not everybody gets by being ignored by the level 70s and 80s with +3 gears. some of us are constantly being attacked).
  • sillyfoo
    sillyfoo Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Dont waste ur time on forp. He's the same guy who said you need 105 str and 100 dex >.> to be light armor at 90, same guy who said LA has half the magic attack of pure, same guy who said to use frost blade in the middle of a sutra to gain chi >.> (b4 the buff cast on yourself option was put in game)and he didnt know it only gives 10 chi. Just look at Pandora's guide (page 47 and on) its in there as well as in old buried threads. He's playing on another version of this game only reason he would be here is to waste time making a fuss.
  • Miss_Tika - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I agree with most of what you say Sheswes, except hailstorm. Why does sage benefit you more? To my understanding, the additional kick of damage is reduced to nearly nothing(as if it were treated like a dot)?

Ya Hell is probably better with the increased freeze rate. I havn't actually learned Sage Hailstorm yet... its still sitting in my bank, so i'm unsure how much additional damage it actually.. does... not like it matters lol. Its not like we decide which path because of this pathetic skill.
    I say dark is superior with the same grounds everyone of you say holy is superior. Why do you think I made this thread? All I see is "Sage wins", yet I never see why. I know holy mages, I've ever played as one.. I don't see how it wins. You all just talk.

Re-read all the posts in this thread and im sure you'll understand why sages like their choice. And as far as i'm concerned, you gave no reasons in your OP about your decisions.

What do you want really, we've shared our opinions and you act like we didn't say anything at all. Are you blind?
    Haiz is a good mage, I'll give him that. I like his videos. They don't make my fingers curl like watching Pandora. Though even as I watch, I don't see any huge increase in vigor in comparison to mine. I might just have more level 11 skills, therefor gaining vigor is easier? Possibly, I can't see his skills.

I guess we'll agree to disagree. You think you have as much Chi as a Hell* Mage. Whatever.

Pandora's vids are a piece of ****. They're fun to watch and all, but he does two things that Haiz' (and the rest of us sage mages) don't do: Spark pots and a EP slave healing him.
    The aoe for the seal is.. well, a nonfactor. The person you're using it on has to be nailing the other in the **** to be hit by the aoe. And no, I don't use it every 28 seconds, I use it every 21 seconds. I will, however, be using it every 18 seconds when I get to level 99(not everybody gets by being ignored by the level 70s and 80s with +3 gears. some of us are constantly being attacked).

Ya i meant 18 seconds* typo. And I really didn't understand what you said here... not like i care really. Sage is 20 second CD.

You're not even level 99 yet? .....

And to make something clear:

Pyrogram, Stone Rain, Gush and the 99 skills were the ONLY available skills for a long time until just weeks ago (yeah a few people had 1 or 2 old book page books. I was the first one to open a book on Lost City and got Wellspring quaf... then shortly after someone else got Distance Shrink, and a few nonfactor skills dropped from 99, pitfall twice lol. For Hell, Elayne and Nabmonic were really the only ones on the server with a few 92 skills). Basically that was the deciding factor when the majority of us chose our path. This new event made every skill easily available instead of having to farm 99. If i had known every skill would be available i might have chosen hell, but I really dont anymore tbh lol. Constantly one shotting people with Black Ice Dragon (oh hi Athran, Zechs, Mapster and all you other ****) and able to produce ultis constantly is a good enough factor for me and the rest of us sage mages.
  • bigxbear
    bigxbear Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    prof=
    wats the point of the thread? o.o all i see is a list of skills, and no reason of it. from wat i can see, ur just trying to make up ways y hell>heaven so u don't feel so bad about ur choice.

A hug is much easier to get. just go next door, knock, when it opens, open ur arms ask for a hug, and wait for the contact of their fist to ur face. do it to a few neighbors, and u might get some sense knocked into u. glad i could hlp ^^
    i'm the one spinning in their chair, eating a ring-pop, wondering y the world hates broccolie so much... but loves it w/ cheese O.o... mabye we all should wear cheese to be better ppl. (Yes!!.. One more step to RUULING the worldb:thanks)
  • Damaged - Lost City
    Damaged - Lost City Posts: 460 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Big post

About the whole "sage giving tons of chi" thing, why not just build up chi before going into open pvp (embrace, frostblade, morning dew)?

Do you really ever use the move that gains 50 chi, while fighting someone?

If not then surely that just means pyrogram is what's giving you more chi providing it procs - which shares the same percentage chance as stone rain has to stun.

Good to see no more ********* and good points being made though b:surrender
  • Miss_Tika - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    About the whole "sage giving tons of chi" thing, why not just build up chi before going into open pvp (embrace, frostblade, morning dew)?

Do you really ever use the move that gains 50 chi, while fighting someone?

If not then surely that just means pyrogram is what's giving you more chi providing it procs - which shares the same percentage chance as stone rain has to stun.

Good to see no more ********* and good points being made though b:surrender

Not only does it build chi faster off the field (less time in safe zone and more time doing useful things) but using the Chi skill on the field is used frequently and is why i love the skill so much. Even on 1v1s or small group pvp, if i failed killing someone with sparks, ill be able to easily recharge my chi.

Isn't stone rain 20%... Pyrogram is 30%. I think... I'm tired b:surrender

Go **** yourself. b:cute
  • Damaged - Lost City
    Damaged - Lost City Posts: 460 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Not only does it build chi faster off the field (less time in safe zone and more time doing useful things) but using the Chi skill on the field is used frequently and is why i love the skill so much. Even on 1v1s or small group pvp, if i failed killing someone with sparks, ill be able to easily recharge my chi.

Isn't stone rain 20%... Pyrogram is 30%. I think... I'm tired b:surrender

Go **** yourself. b:cute

Nah they're both 20 percent according to ecatomb

ISN'T THIS TOPIC FUN?
  • prof
    edited September 2009
    Options
    sillyfoo wrote: »
    Dont waste ur time on forp. He's the same guy who said you need 94 str and 90 dex >.> to be light armor at 90, same guy who said LA does half as much damage as pure, same guy who said to use frost blade in the middle of a sutra to gain chi >.> (b4 the buff cast on yourself option was put in game)and he didnt know it only gives 10 chi. Just look at Pandora's guide its in there as well as in old buried threads. He's playing on another version of this game only reason he would be here is to waste time making a fuss.
    Not once in my life have I said any of this. If I mentioned frostblade after sutra, it was an example to use a skill after to instantly use a doom.
    Ya Hell is probably better with the increased freeze rate. I havn't actually learned Sage Hailstorm yet... its still sitting in my bank, so i'm unsure how much additional damage it actually.. does... not like it matters lol. Its not like we decide which path because of this pathetic skill.
    Dark is actually good. 50% chance to paralyze keeps people from running from me.

Re-read all the posts in this thread and im sure you'll understand why sages like their choice. And as far as i'm concerned, you gave no reasons in your OP about your decisions.
    In my op I did what I saw in another thread minutes before I made it. Every time I see "Sage is better" it's just that, they have no idea why it's good, they just say it is. Often those too low to even have a fairy.
    What do you want really, we've shared our opinions and you act like we didn't say anything at all. Are you blind?
    I treat most opinions as nothing. I get tired of re-reading the same thing from 10 people because they think it's right.

I guess we'll agree to disagree. You think you have as much Chi as a Hell* Mage. Whatever.
    Maybe not to the point of having free 50 every minute, but I gain it just as fast as your few skills offer.

Pandora's vids are a piece of ****. They're fun to watch and all, but he does two things that Haiz' (and the rest of us sage mages) don't do: Spark pots and a EP slave healing him.
    I don't find them fun to watch or entertaining. It's like watching that Japanese dark mage that keeps getting posted. Simply terrible.

Ya i meant 18 seconds* typo. And I really didn't understand what you said here... not like i care really. Sage is 20 second CD.
    I say the lower cooldown is more useful. You think 3 meters is worth it.

You're not even level 99 yet? .....
    Nope. I'm lazy as ever.
    And to make something clear:

Pyrogram, Stone Rain, Gush and the 99 skills were the ONLY available skills for a long time until just weeks ago (yeah a few people had 1 or 2 old book page books. I was the first one to open a book on Lost City and got Wellspring quaf... then shortly after someone else got Distance Shrink, and a few nonfactor skills dropped from 99, pitfall twice lol. For Hell, Elayne and Nabmonic were really the only ones on the server with a few 92 skills). Basically that was the deciding factor when the majority of us chose our path. This new event made every skill easily available instead of having to farm 99. If i had known every skill would be available i might have chosen hell, but I really dont anymore tbh lol. Constantly one shotting people with Black Ice Dragon (oh hi Athran, Zechs, Mapster and all you other ****) and able to produce ultis constantly is a good enough factor for me and the rest of us sage mages.

I 1 shot people just fine with my +9 quoit and level 10 pyro tempest(that goes for warriors and the few str wb that exist as well). underrated skill much b:surrender

I'm too lazy to get quaff, but if I could, I would have it. Quite possibly the best skill ever for a mage. -20% chant for 15s is a lot for a long time, and by time you finish with it, you've already gotten your fury back.

@Damage:

When I played holy I used it on cooldown, pretty much. Even in open pvp.
  • Miss_Tika - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Nah they're both 20 percent according to ecatomb

ISN'T THIS TOPIC FUN?

It's rather ****.

I'm sick atm ive never been on the forums so long ever b:cryb:cry

anyway, i really could care less about the stun. it's nice and all but so is the channeling. one isn't better than the other...