dark > holy

Comments

• Miss_Tika - Lost City
    Miss_Tika - Lost City Posts: 730 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    prof wrote: »
    In my op I did what I saw in another thread minutes before I made it. Every time I see "Sage is better" it's just that, they have no idea why it's good, they just say it is. Often those too low to even have a fairy.

We're talking about inside this thread. Most of tte other threads are full of nubs anyway
    I treat most opinions as nothing. I get tired of re-reading the same thing from 10 people because they think it's right.
    So you treat my opinions as why i chose Sage mage and why I think its better for me as nothing? why do i even bother arguing with you.

Maybe not to the point of having free 50 every minute, but I gain it just as fast as your few skills offer.

huh? if you macro, pyro, gush, stone rain with me, you realize its about the same attacking speed? what could you possibly be doing otherwise to gain so much chi? sage wizards will always have 50 chi more a minute, and even more if pyrgram kicks in, and even more when 99 ulti kicks in.
    I say the lower cooldown is more useful. You think 3 meters is worth it.
    Would personally like a longer seal of 6 seconds (whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy) but i'm perfectly satisfied with the small AoE. It's fun to use in GV b:victory
    I 1 shot people just fine with my +9 quoit and level 10 pyro tempest(that goes for warriors and the few str wb that exist as well). underrated skill much b:surrender
    uh ya my +9 99gold weap one shots people with tempest, and dragon all the time b:cute
    I'm too lazy to get quaff, but if I could, I would have it. Quite possibly the best skill ever for a mage. -20% chant for 15s is a lot for a long time, and by time you finish with it, you've already gotten your fury back.
    ya i guess its quite nice. i stacked sage WQ with an ulti once, was pretty nice damage
  • sillyfoo
    sillyfoo Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Not once in my life have I said any of this. If I mentioned frostblade after sutra, it was an example to use a skill after to instantly use a doom.

Oh really i guess this post is someone else then.
  • SurferGirl - Dreamweaver
    SurferGirl - Dreamweaver Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    We're talking about inside this thread. Most of tte other threads are full of nubs anyway

So you treat my opinions as why i chose Sage mage and why I think its better for me as nothing? why do i even bother arguing with you.

huh? if you macro, pyro, gush, stone rain with me, you realize its about the same attacking speed? what could you possibly be doing otherwise to gain so much chi? sage wizards will always have 50 chi more a minute, and even more if pyrgram kicks in, and even more when 99 ulti kicks in.

Would personally like a longer seal of 6 seconds (whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy) but i'm perfectly satisfied with the small AoE. It's fun to use in GV b:victory

uh ya my +9 99gold weap one shots people with tempest, and dragon all the time b:cute

ya i guess its quite nice. i stacked sage WQ with an ulti once, was pretty nice damage

lol owned much? xD

and zz what the hell is this prof guy talking about i guess on that w/e server his playing they rename all the skills

to see him trying so much on a server he doesnt even play pff lame can we finally sattle that sage/demon is matter of gamestyle and not best and worst? ^^

oh and p.s the sage stone rain pretty much owns a 20% to stun and if u do get the chi from pyro thats easly a ult to cast so dont say sage dont get more chi cuz clearly they do and if u gonna say im 2 low to even talk about it guess agian i asked number of high lvl wizy's all day about sage/demon i could say i know quite enough to argue about it

and also sage bid . no need to add more
  • prof
    prof Posts: 1,111
    edited September 2009
    No. I treat sarcastic remarks as nothing.
    When/if that happens, sure. I still gain it just as fast.
    I would prefer a longer seal, but for a pvp-related situation, the lower cool down works better for me. Whenever I used the holy seal, the aoe couldn't hit someone a full bodies-width apart from them.
    cool. mines 90 green.
    I hate this skill. It takes 1 fury, yet gives 50% less matk that a single fury burst. What were the devs thinking b:infuriated
    sillyfoo wrote: »
    Oh really i guess this post is someone else then.
    I didn't say anything you said I did. b:bye
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    wow I see why everyone laughs at forp now :)
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • prof
    edited September 2009
    In the past when this forum bent over to Pandora, and I didn't listen to anything his dumbass said, they all automatically disagreed with me.
  • Miss_Tika - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    In the past when this forum bent over to Pandora, and I didn't listen to anything his dumbass said, they all automatically disagreed with me.

Not going to respond to your above post because its tired and loose like loveME's ******.

Pandora was all knowing, and therefore never wrong b:cute
  • Mizorie - Lost City
    Mizorie - Lost City Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Your so fail.

I was going to give you a chance and read your post and give a nice debate on why i think sage is better....but

You think sage stone rain is better then hell? GTFO.

YOU SUCK!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dalamaar: Mizorie you have no soul.
  • Miss_Tika - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Your so fail.

I was going to give you a chance and read your post and give a nice debate on why i think sage is better....but

You think sage stone rain is better then hell? GTFO.

YOU SUCK!

The **** you talking about
  • Mizorie - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    The **** you talking about

what are you! talking about
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • prof
    edited September 2009
    the stun is nice, and when it hits it's even nicer; but i'm a -chant ***** b:surrender
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Sage BIDS instantly makes heaven better.
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mizorie - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    sage Bids Instantly Makes Heaven Better.

Agreed But Q ****ing Q I Will Never Get It
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Polyhymnia - Heavens Tear
    Polyhymnia - Heavens Tear Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I 1 shot people just fine with my +9 quoit and level 10 pyro tempest(that goes for warriors and the few str wb that exist as well). underrated skill much b:surrender
    I 1 shot people just fine with my +9 quoit
    my +9 quoit
    wraith conqueror is probably the best 90 magic sword. the only thing comparable is the 90 gold, but the mp mod on it makes me despise it; and lunate. which, unless you're willing to fork out enough for 35k rep and the extreme amount of badges you need, is unobtainable.

i know you're probably going to have the 90 green quoit, i just don't favor them.
    is it now? personal preference aside, 77 more matk isn't enough to convince me that it's better. i'd gladly take the 140~150 more hp over it.

maybe if i were light armoured the quoit would be more appealing, but i'm not.
    i chose to get a sword instead of the quoit because i didn't plan to stay at 90, and i didn't plan to re-farm anything to move onto my next weapon.
    i laugh at mages that choose 90 over 99.
    ahahaha. Forp is so pro.

On topic, holy is better for PvE. Irrelevant? I think so. Discuss.
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Mizorie, I'm going to outlevel you b:surrender

And AMOUR I GOT UNDINE OMG QQ

EDIT: I'll never understand why I love seeing people make text bigger across multiple quotes. There's some invisible appeal to it.
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • Waterboy - Lost City
    Waterboy - Lost City Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    prof go bac to ur private server where demon is pretty muc the only choice for pvpb:surrender
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Yea it is effective, there just isn't any hell mages on LC cause everyone's mind has been poisoned into believe sage is the "BEST" way to go.

Ok so I might have misread, BIG FREAKIN DEAL? No one will wear mdef ornaments, that's stupid IMO. Only hit you'll take if any will be putting chant gems on your weapon.

not true I actually decided myself sage will fit my playing style more. b:angryb:angryb:angry
    And I still believe that there isn't a "BEST" way to go.
    PERSONAL PREFERENCE~ heck you like killing single targets quickly go demon. You like being useful in TW go sage. You like being "evil" go demon. You like being "good" go sage. etc etc~.
    its just like saying that theres a BEST CLASS? OH MAH GAWD
    well guess what.... it DOESN'T EXIST all things both sage/demon paths and classes can be countered.
    although I guess you could argue for worst class.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • prof
    edited September 2009
    prof go bac to ur private server where demon is pretty muc the only choice for pvpb:surrender

In a server where every skill is easily obtained, I'd probably go holy just for cryonite. b:bye
  • Waterboy - Lost City
    Waterboy - Lost City Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    In a server where every skill is easily obtained, I'd probably go holy just for cryonite. b:bye

but u went demonb:lipcurl
  • bigxbear
    bigxbear Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited September 2009

if u play a p. server, then y r u in these forums? o.o trying to act like u know everything just because u can get a toon to max lvl in a week w/ no experience? way to show off >.>
    i'm the one spinning in their chair, eating a ring-pop, wondering y the world hates broccolie so much... but loves it w/ cheese O.o... mabye we all should wear cheese to be better ppl. (Yes!!.. One more step to RUULING the worldb:thanks)
  • Miss_Tika - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    spanked

forp sucks
  • prof
    edited September 2009
    I'm demon in official. Last time I checked, "Delphi" wasn't a pserver.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    im wondering why your not raging in the other PW forums. why the PWI forum? go rage somewhere else.
    but before you go could you post some vids of yourself or something. I would like actual real evidence of how demon is better with my own eyes please.
    b:thanksb:thanksb:thanks
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • prof
    edited September 2009
    Buy fraps for me, then sure, I'll make a video.

I post here because the myen forums are dead, and for a little while, I made an ep on this server when it opened.
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    dark blink > holy. why? 30 meters is a HUGE jump. sure, holy is 25, but 30 puts you in the red zone for archers. you'll land right ontop of them, cutting their damage in half. not only that, but it puts you out of range of any class if you jump the other way.

You say you play a hell mage on Delphi, but your reason for hell blink > heaven is that you can get in archers' grillz? Seriously, our archers would face-**** you for blinking into their "red-zone."

meh... nm not worth the trouble. You're like a wannabe Pandora with 1/2 the gusto and no wit.
  • prof
    edited September 2009
    Since when do archers randomly kill me before I get to blink next to them without me being afk and them furying?
  • Sheswes - Heavens Tear
    Sheswes - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,216 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I agree with most of what you say Sheswes, except hailstorm. Why does sage benefit you more? To my understanding, the additional kick of damage is reduced to nearly nothing(as if it were treated like a dot)?
    (sometimes) im using it only as a "finish them all!!" aoe skill right after BID during TW, so higher dmg is more important(especially if it can crit coz of BID) than 50% freeze...
    but it's only my opinion :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    scruuuuuuuubs killa b:cute Nation War champion b:cool
  • prof
    edited September 2009
    (sometimes) im using it only as a "finish them all!!" aoe skill right after BID during TW, so higher dmg is more important(especially if it can crit coz of BID) than 50% freeze...
    but it's only my opinion :P

That works. Useful in the way you describe it. Thank you for being a reasonable holy mage. b:victory
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I'm going sage. why?
    1. Demon barrier gives you 150% def. But from circa 8000def you don't gain very much damage reduction so I think it not worth. And 8000 def you can make with sage 120% barrier quite easily too.
    2. 5% from masteries is much more, than additional 1200 damage from SS. This will be true, when you will have weapon refined to +7 or more. More attack damage, more sage damage gain.

Example Weapon. Neon purgatory refined +7 has a max. damage 6900. Now daemon SS has. 300% basic damage + 6560 earth damage = 27260 (same as sage) now + 1200(demon) =28 460 damage demon.

Now Sage: SS 6900 + 300% + 6560 = 27260 + 5% =
    28 623 damage. So Sage damage is more about 163 in comparing demon damage.

Now you have refined same weapon to +12. So demon damage will be 40580 +1200=41780
    Sage damage will be 40580 + 5% = 42609. So sage damage is now 829 more than demon damage.

Now just hypothetically. With rank 8 weapon refined +12. Has demon maximum damage 51 827. Maximum sage damage is now 53158. So sage damage is 1331 bigger than demon damage.

Also this difference will grow with more basic damage you will have. 1200 demon damage will never change, BUT 5% of sage damage will grow always. Also This 5 % is for EVERY spell.
    Also I didn't mention another aspect like chi and ultimates.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ilystah
    ilystah Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    2. 5% from masteries is much more, than additional 1200 damage from SS. This will be true, when you will have weapon refined to +7 or more. More attack damage, more sage damage gain.

Why do you compare sage mastery with demon SS? You should compare sage mastery with demon mastery, and sage SS with demon SS.

Sage mastery have 5% damage more, which is on average DPS higher than demon mastery with 1% crit. But 1% crit means higher chance of a burst which is necessary to kill tough charmed opponent.

Sage SS have higher accuracy debuff so it would be increasingly more effective at higher level while demon is always 1200 damage. However, accurcy debuff only work on those that use a lot of auto-attack, so it is not very useful for PvP (but maybe for PvE).