v182 Update discussion thread.

Options

Comments

• Kalutika - Heavens Tear
    Kalutika - Heavens Tear Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    CS users win, that is almost every f2p.

Why the heck would a person pay enough money to help a server if the CS item did not help them ingame? I know a lot of ppl like fashion, but the biggest market is for the things that help ingame.
  • Eternalnub - Heavens Tear
    Eternalnub - Heavens Tear Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    As I see, nobody will do anything about this. So be it. My friends all moved to private servers, where the CS items are affordable for everybody. With this patch, I went after them and I must say, it was my best decision.

priv server b:spit

so thats solution for probs? lets move all to p.servers lvl150 and all stuffs in 1day..is that even fun ?
  • Viriilink - Lost City
    Viriilink - Lost City Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Probably better PVP than having the rich vs the poor.
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Probably better PVP than having the rich vs the poor.

its always been like that with or w/o Anniversary Pack :)
  • Viriilink - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Before you had to farm your gears. You couldn't straight out buy it with your gold.
  • Queelen - Lost City
    Queelen - Lost City Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

so thats solution for probs? lets move all to p.servers lvl150 and all stuffs in 1day..is that even fun ?

Nah, there are servers where you have quite normal XP rates, only difference from this version is that you can get CS items with average grinding, so who can pay and get thing with clicling one button will still have a little advantage, but only so much, that you can compete with.

To be honest, all stuff after a day is better than nothing after months.
    This is the dark present, this is who I am,
    Long forgotten dead, deep in a cold cavern.
    Errant who got swallowed by volatile time,
    Fallen angel on the brink of endless abyss.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Before you had to farm your gears. You couldn't straight out buy it with your gold.

you still can farm your gear except if you are lazy or rite word here is jealousy =)
    Nah, there are servers where you have quite normal XP rates, only difference from this version is that you can get CS items with average grinding, so who can pay and get thing with clicling one button will still have a little advantage, but only so much, that you can compete with.

teh difference is that less players and server can go down anytime forever and that means when you've spend enough of time on those priv servers you never wana play original game again cause you've used to get all stuffs like oh snap time :P you just keep changing servers everytime when your current p.server goes down :)
  • Viriilink - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    you still can farm your gear except if you are lazy or rite word here is jealousy =)

Thanks, I would like to spend months to get gears to be on par with someone who could right click anniversary packs at least 672,000 times in one month. Hopefully this only applies to people cash shopping during this month.

Doesn't matter to me because I haven't got on for almost two weeks and haven't really play since December.
  • Queelen - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    teh difference is that less players and server can go down anytime forever and that means when you've spend enough of time on those priv servers you never wana play original game again cause you've used to get all stuffs like oh snap time :P you just keep changing servers everytime when your current p.server goes down :)

Just a thought: PWI can shut down too. The most popular private servers are online for years and only shut down if the players, especially donators go away which won't happen as they get a lot more for their money there. Besides, who playes a game for long years? It becomes really boring.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary
    XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    . Besides, who playes a game for long years? It becomes really boring.

I do. I have played about 3 years on a different MMO and still play from time to time.
    Q - How to win on Perfect World?
    A - Throw money at it.
  • TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    being a F2P they can shutdown without warnings if they want to
    and, being buying zen considered as "donations" (altho I'm not a legal expert), if they shutdown they don't have to refund anybody
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Just a thought: PWI can shut down too. The most popular private servers are online for years and only shut down if the players, especially donators go away which won't happen as they get a lot more for their money there. Besides, who playes a game for long years? It becomes really boring.

i wouldnt donate even 1 euro on p.server...wat comes to playing years i played kal about 3 years and quited cause of haxors :)
    and on p.server you dont have any goal to reach so where is the fun ?
  • Queelen - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    i wouldnt donate even 1 euro on p.server...wat comes to playing years i played kal about 3 years and quited cause of haxors :)

And you think there are no haxorz on this server? None at all?

I never donate to them either, simply because I can't. Country is out of even PayPal's range, no payment options avalaible for us. If I could I would "donate" to this server, to get one those good mounts and a Phoenix. But can't, and I have a life to live, instead of sitting infront of the computer and grind all day. Private servers gives the option to get CS things with average grind, and paying ppl will still get them faster, but that's good enough for me. Those thing are affordable in coins, which is clearly not the case here.

I don't play one game for more than 2 years. It becomes boring, even if I haven't reached max lvl and don't have the "uber l33t" gear. Simply get tired of the same contents, watching the same terrains, killing the same monsters, doing the same instances. So I switch.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Viriilink - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options

Congrats on playing Kal for three years. Don't know how you did it, but whatever... Play Kal in 2005, got to 50, job change to expert archer, and quit because that was end game and two months per level isn't cool. Thought about coming back before I played PW-MY last year, but doesn't feel the same. Jesse isn't highest level anymore though ^^
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Congrats on playing Kal for three years. Don't know how you did it, but whatever... Play Kal in 2005, got to 50, job change to expert archer, and quit because that was end game and two months per level isn't cool. Thought about coming back before I played PW-MY last year, but doesn't feel the same. Jesse isn't highest level anymore though ^^

it was easy to play cause of community i quited 1.5years ago... for EA game started after lvl61 :P now they have also new job for lvl70 and ppl are lvl82 :o

anyways this went too much off topic messages prolly get deleted :P

@Queelen well its your choise i hope you have fun ;D
  • Queelen - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options

@Queelen well its your choise i hope you have fun ;D

Thank you. (: I still be around here, playing with this Veno, but won't really break a neck just to level up at least twice a week. If they make avalaible a payment method for us it will be awesome. Until then, I wait a little. b:victory

Maybe the new race will lure back people. Personally I adore everything that's new and ready to be explored inch by inch, pixel by pixel. :D

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lenyel - Harshlands
    Lenyel - Harshlands Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Since i'm lazy i'm not going to read the last 70 page of this topic...

There were any conclusion about this event? Will they try to save anything of this game or will they let this crazyness go on? I'm yet thinking about leaving or not b:questionb:question
  • Mollochsrb - Heavens Tear
    Mollochsrb - Heavens Tear Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

Hehe good post ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Queelen - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Since i'm lazy i'm not going to read the last 70 page of this topic...

There were any conclusion about this event? Will they try to save anything of this game or will they let this crazyness go on? I'm yet thinking about leaving or not b:questionb:question

I think they leave it as it is. This have been made crystal clear. Now they are concentrating on the upcoming patch with the new contents, like the fish people and their underwater houses.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

I've played the same MMO for 11 years.

And, I hope they leave the packs unchanged through the end of the month. The only issue I think is Duke which they already said they'll do something about.
  • Xxtalonxx - Lost City
    Xxtalonxx - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Seems as if PW is in crisis after maintenance each week. Devs >.>b:angry
    I pwnb:sin
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    Falls - Sanctuary Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Looks like everyone is all QQed out. So close to 200 pages too.
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    The update didn't change Flesh Ream on veno pets.

New QQ subject.
  • prof
    prof Posts: 1,111
    edited September 2009
    Options
    my delima with this event is 3 things:

god stones
    g11/12 soulstones
    "lunar insignia"

1. godstones, aka. con stones, are one major reason people deserted the original malaysian servers. they're incredibly overpowered(con offers +hp, pdef, and mdef), and on a weapon they offer either +attribute or, for some, +crit and -chant.

2. g11/g12 soulstones are.. well, they're not as bad as con stones. but i just don't think they should be obtained so easily. a robed mage in delphi has nearly 30k pdef fully buffed with g12 pdef ss. that's like a tank with 10k hp

3. the insignia is just.. well, depressing. when they had those in delphi, the sheer magnitude of people who quit was severely disappointing. so much they actually removed them and rolled the server back.
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Yet at the same time they opened up the Free Zen offers?

PWI loses money on those offers if people just sign-up and cancel for the Free Zen.

People need to think and look at the entire picture before calling others "naive."

I lol'd at all the business model convo's.b:chuckle PWE will actually be earning money from the companies in the promotions through the referral process, makes no difference if they sign up then cancel- GG! =_=

Not a fan of those packs one bit and there's not really much we can do about it. But now that the cat's essentially out of the bag those packs need to stay.

What would be even less fair than these packs being available (if thats possible) is that the window of this event can allow a large portion of CSer's to acquire the end-game items blah blah, but its not long enough for f2p'ers to grind/farm enough coins to buy packs/mat resales. If these items are to be devalued- they should stay permenantly devalued. I dont think the majority of people are going to be anxious to start doing several months of lunar runs to get some equip after this event is over.b:surrender

In retrospect its clear to see the game was heading this way. (Skirting round the issue of fixing the nix bug was probably the start) But yeh if you can live with it- keep playing, if not maybe its time to move on. Just because they allege that this is a free to play game- doesnt automatically make them a charity. But similarly by advocating this game as FTP they do need to respect the people that FTP or CS very little.

I dont think there are huge numbers of people that have outright quit the game. But there are lots of people that have steadily reduced the time they spend on the game since this last patch- including myself. Hopefully everything will get sorted and we get pulled back into the mix before we time ourselves out completely. ^^
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010
  • Ruax - Heavens Tear
    Ruax - Heavens Tear Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Bump to first page b:victory

Hopefully be a maintenance this week and we get the duke shut up.

Apart from that I sadly cant see alot happening, even after asking for players feedback I cant see them changing or removing the packs from the CS.

So hopefully they can come out with a bit of concrete info about the new expansion.. Will cap level be raised or not, meaning new endgame gear will be added (to soften the blow to having all these lunar/frost items ingame) ?

One thing they shouldnt do is have any more CS sales or add new gear to the CS for at least the duration of this "event".

They have made shed loads of cash so far this past week, so now is the time to think less of their wallet and more of their player base...
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Yeah. Except things have slowed down, and the Duke has mostly shut up now.

I'm thinking "15% off zen" sale.

That should get the purchase rate back up.
  • Lenyel - Harshlands
    Lenyel - Harshlands Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

pff roflmao i hope u are joking. Ypu will just obtain people to buy more packs -> more crazy OP **** stuffs.
    prof wrote: »
    my delima with this event is 3 things:

god stones
    g11/12 soulstones
    "lunar insignia"

1. godstones, aka. con stones, are one major reason people deserted the original malaysian servers. they're incredibly overpowered(con offers +hp, pdef, and mdef), and on a weapon they offer either +attribute or, for some, +crit and -chant.

2. g11/g12 soulstones are.. well, they're not as bad as con stones. but i just don't think they should be obtained so easily. a robed mage in delphi has nearly 30k pdef fully buffed with g12 pdef ss. that's like a tank with 10k hp

3. the insignia is just.. well, depressing. when they had those in delphi, the sheer magnitude of people who quit was severely disappointing. so much they actually removed them and rolled the server back.

Then it was a prevedible disaster... As seen PWE is used to do this kind of things to make their servers fail.

Like a veno yesterday told, after have stolen his pet aggro and die for it:

[profanity]
  • Healforwimps - Heavens Tear
    Healforwimps - Heavens Tear Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Since the damage has been done now,and the fattest cats on the servers have just got a lot fatter,i think it would be wise(as someone else said)to keep these anni packs in the game now and have the items in them permanently devalued,give the free guys a chance at getting those wonderfull items,pretty sickening watching the same few people day after day getting all the lunars/frosts and gems,most have been priced out of the gold market and don't have a shot at any of this unless you charge enough zen to buy 500 packs lol...
  • GriffinJ - Harshlands
    GriffinJ - Harshlands Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

People have spent their money, their $20-$400(or more) per person that wanted to spend the money on the game to see what they could get. But I am still seeing people (the same person sometimes) that are getting items through the CS, oh well, things will change. (Everyone else that has flamed/spammed/been pissed) Just wait. I trust spoons, I know he has our backs... mostly since a lot of people were throwing things to him that wasn't his fault. As someone said wwaaaayyyyyy earlier, spoons is just a rider on the train, not the engineer. Take the words and learn them. Spoons cant do it on his own which is why the thread was here so you could post your comments on the new update, not completely lose your cool. I think im done venting even though it wasn't one, but ya...... backing out now...... Again........
This discussion has been closed.