v182 Update discussion thread.

Options

Comments

• Cy_clone - Heavens Tear
    Cy_clone - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Yeah. Except things have slowed down, and the Duke has mostly shut up now.

I'm thinking "15% off zen" sale.

That should get the purchase rate back up.

This.
    If its not this coming weekend it could well be the next, or even the last weekend before this event ends. Heck, we all know what game is opening at the end of this month.
  • TheLastDemon - Heavens Tear
    TheLastDemon - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    So basically I just wanted to say to all that dont like the CS event, quit complaining. Its a great game. I want to thank PWI so much. this game has saved my life, and I mean that...

1 1/2 year ago my dad got cancer... I was his in home nurse... I have not been able to work or really leave the house until july this year, when he passed away... I was going crazy until I found this game. PWI, you gave me something to distract me. you gave me a second family to help support me. and for that, I thank you. please do not change a thing.

RIP G.H.S 06/31/09
  • Eternalnub - Heavens Tear
    Eternalnub - Heavens Tear Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    no ty..if you wana play that pls dun whine on these forums...some go play that some not... europe and north america has diff servers so most of pwi ppl who are friends in game cannot even play on same server =) and most of us arent mad about update like you..you feel that pwi hurted you so you wanna advertise other games..now please stay away b:bye and have fun :)
  • Viatha - Dreamweaver
    Viatha - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    PWI used to be a great game, with some unique ideas (like flying) and a nice balance between p2p and f2p - some items were obtainable only throught the boutique, some only ingame. P2p were selling gold to f2p, which let both sides advance faster - f2p were getting aceess to shop stuff, p2p - easier access to ingame content. Everyone used to be happy. Used to.

The last update completely destroyed that balance and showed, that the only thing you need to be successful in the game is to pay a lot of RL cash. In the chain of
    Boutique items <-> p2p <-> f2p <-> ingame valuables

f2p were more or less crossed out. Why should people buy coins from other players when they can buy more or less everything directly from the $$shop?

A week has passed and NOTHING was done, which made me realise nothing will be done. Devs are happy ($_$), p2p are happy (pro endgame stuff! - but...for how long?) and me, a humble almost-f2p (I've spent some money ingame, which I regret now, but oh well, I had some fun at least) can only move on to look for a place, where I won't be treated like useless and unnecesary part. The game, that still maintains the balance mentioned in the beggining. I have never considered pay to play games, but 15$ (on average) per month not to have to experience something like that again? Definitely worth considering.

Viatha over and out.
  • Ruax - Heavens Tear
    Ruax - Heavens Tear Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Why should people buy coins from other players when they can buy more or less everything directly from the $$shop?

Yes because no one is buying or selling gold in the AH, thats why prices are at an all time record low right ??

Seriously ppl need to stop blaming ppl who charge zen, f2p players who buy gold are benifiting just as much from this event and its items as ppl who charge zen.
    Did this event undervalue the work players did farming mats for lunar gear .. ofc it did, but its not just evil p2p players who are getting those items, and even if f2p players dont buy gold for coins, there are plenty of the endgame gear for sale on the market to them, so the option to own them is there for both f2p and p2p

Open beta is great, its free (for now :p )enjoy it.

That is all.

Yup its so great you have to troll a rival games forums telling ppl to go there ...b:laugh
  • Clara - Lost City
    Clara - Lost City Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

The rich get richer while the poor get poorer.

mhm...thats the way of the Republicans.b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dane12
    dane12 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    (A.I.O.N)
    Play it
    They are literally force feeding it to us like they're in some sort of force all pwi to (A.I.O.N) conspiracy.
    Btw, Open beta is great, its free enjoy it.

That is all.
    looked into it fount out takes 9Gigs of space that game can kiss my azz
    plus pwi already made that game it's *****
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Um...another area that needs some love today. And I am totally okay with doing it.

*Hugs thread.......b:victory

I myself am totally ok with the packs. My only criticism is that it is lasting too long.

But lets look at what is really happening. Prices on gems are falling. Prices on once really hard to get equipment is falling. People are able to get that which was rare and hard to come buy. This opens up room for new stuff. Yeah!!

Devs are getting the necessary funds to support the upcoming expansions.

Seeing as I could go on for awhile I will stop and just say. All and all this event isn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be.
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Okie spoons its been several days now- pretty sure you've collated more than enough "feedback" in this thread. b:chuckle

Are we actually going to get any response to this feedback any time soon? b:puzzled

What i'm finding very worrying is that a large portion of posts have been about the very high gold prices. And the response to this- having a charm sale?! GG O_O!!
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010
  • viktor88
    viktor88 Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    This is just a incomplete translation from Chinese versions. Which has much more info that we do.

Assassin is more like a monk,
    It utilize physical defense and magical attack, low mdef therefore. Elements are fire and earth attacks. It has skills to 1 hit KO BB(Veno pets), this is the biggest threat to phoenix since its birth. It has very fast hp/mp regen rate when sitting. It can give dead character a buff which supposedly after revive by cleric will lose even less experience. Excels in close combat can tank physical bosses.

Skills (Name translation completely unsure, so using numbers)
    1. - 1 hit KO BB
    2. - Basic physical attack
    3. - Increase physical defense
    4. - Aggro skill, once used, members outside squad cannot attack the targeted monster.
    5. - (This one seems a bit fake, but we'll know once its out) Killing any player will not result in red name
    That's all for Monk/Assassin

Psychic apparently can become a summoned BB by veno, and therefore take complete control over it. When leaving the BB psychic will die.

Skills
    1. - Invisible (Time unsure)
    2. - Give your own life to revive one friendly target
    3. - Put all your attack onto friendly target, cannot move or attack during this. Vulnerable to all attacks.
  • dane12
    dane12 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    viktor88 wrote: »
    This is just a incomplete translation from Chinese versions. Which has much more info that we do.

It utilize physical defense and magical attack, low mdef therefore. Elements are fire and earth attacks. It has skills to 1 hit KO BB(Veno pets), this is the biggest threat to phoenix since its birth. It has very fast hp/mp regen rate when sitting. It can give dead character a buff which supposedly after revive by cleric will lose even less experience. Excels in close combat can tank physical bosses.

1. - 1 hit KO BB
    4. - Aggro skill, once used, members outside squad cannot attack the targeted monster.
    5. - (This one seems a bit fake, but we'll know once its out) Killing any player will not result in red name

Psychic apparently can become a summoned BB by veno, and therefore take complete control over it. When leaving BB will die.

Skills
    3. - Put all your attack onto friendly target, cannot move or attack during this. Vulnerable to all attacks.
    helpful thread from a nice person thanks for the infob:pleased
  • Santacruz - Heavens Tear
    Santacruz - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    sounds interesting, reading all this stuff makes me actually want to try one of them when they are released.

i hope there not going to turn out to be washed and useless as a quick add to bring something new to the game, will be nice to see these indipendantly being good if not better classes than the origional's
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    Alexeno - Sanctuary Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    i thought BB was short for Blue Bubble, which is the cleric aoe heal+damage reduction skill b:question

hmm... if this stuff is correct, i know for fact i'll be re-rolling into a 'psychic'...

come to think of it, the 'psychic' gives more of a reason to have venos in party... at least if i'm interpreting the description properly
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Hell hath no fury like Alexeno trying to prove his point" -Mizuoni
  • Santacruz - Heavens Tear
    Santacruz - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    hmm... if this stuff is correct, i know for fact i'll be re-rolling into a 'psychic'

i dont think i will be ditching my veno, too much time and effort spent into perfecting her ^^

will be nice to try the new classes tho
  • viktor88
    edited September 2009
    Options
    only in PWI bb is for blub bubble.
    all other versions its BiBi = Baobao = pet b:laugh
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    only in PWI bb is for blub bubble.
    all other versions its BiBi = Baobao = pet b:laugh

ah, i see... not really b:surrender

and andracil, why merge this into the v182 thread? this is good info that deserves it's own thread, now it's just going to be lost and ignored b:infuriated
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• viktor88
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Well its up to the admins here~~.. would've been nice to have it as a hot thread for my first post haha b:dirty
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Well its up to the admins here~~.. would've been nice to have it as a hot thread for my first post haha b:dirty

true true... i'm sure they know what's best...

lol yea, it definitely woulda become a hot topic...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    inb4OP and inb4venos finally get what they deserve (not sure if this would still be inb4 with all the thread merging)

Cause you know it's coming.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

1. - 1 hit KO BB

Psychic apparently can become a summoned BB by veno, and therefore take complete control over it. When leaving the BB psychic will die.

Skills

more reason to start my new assasin characterb:chuckle
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    inb4OP and inb4venos finally get what they deserve (not sure if this would still be inb4 with all the thread merging)

Cause you know it's coming.

i foresee one of two outcomes:

1) psychic pet control and monk pet 1shot becoming the new QQ target and flesh ream being ignored (very scary thought), and that's that...

2) venos QQ so much that the new classes get removed (take a look at the other PW version where flesh ream was put back in as a 'feature' thx to veno QQbabies)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• kingrat
    kingrat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    No offensce spoons, but don't you think it's about time to make at least a thread for each topic of the update? Otherwise this is kinda just becoming another lower depthsb:surrender Not many people are going to read the 180+pages
    -From now on, ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put.-Churchill

-A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.-Churchill

ElfMedic: cleric (7x)
    Shieldwall: barbarian (7x)
    Mournbringer: BM (6x)
    Silver_Ghost: archer (6x)
    Prejudice: wizard (4x)
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    kingrat wrote: »
    No offensce spoons, but don't you think it's about time to make at least a thread for each topic of the update? Otherwise this is kinda just becoming another lower depthsb:surrender Not many people are going to read the 180+pages

Well people don't need to read the whole thing, it's my job. The thing about your suggestion is there's no point in making more topics about each individual topic because everything that needs to be said has probably already been said here b:victory
  • kingrat
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Well people don't need to read the whole thing, it's my job. The thing about your suggestion is there's no point in making more topics about each individual topic because everything that needs to be said has probably already been said here b:victory

Well if the threads purpose was mainly to make suggestions/complaints/observations known to you then I suppose new topic threads would be pointless, and it does allow you to only have to keep tabs on the one thread.

That being said, people will probably continue to make new threads about said topics because they have no idea if their concerns have been voiced, or their questions answered. Just a thought b:victory
    -From now on, ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put.-Churchill

-A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.-Churchill

• RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I cannot believe this is still going...LOL

And even more surprising ---> No one has said anything negative about Charm Packs being back b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Yeah they definitely will, such is life. If I am given specific details I will be sure to pass them on
  • kingrat
    edited September 2009
    Options

And even more surprising ---> No one has said anything negative about Charm Packs being back b:dirty

But it's something to be happy about, means we can all stop QQ'n and get back to our dungeons where we belongb:chuckle

• Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

It utilize physical defense and magical attack, low mdef therefore. Elements are fire and earth attacks.

QUOTE]

interesting the stats allocations of this class. I mean stats on mag and str but if the attacks are melee, it will need dex too.

If the pic shown is correct, this class can use claws, which is high dex.

but if they use claws, there are no much TT claws. So, it might use several weapons.

wow, I really want to see more previews on this.
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=419302&page=2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options

the mods are taking any thread that has -anything- to do with the 182 patch and merging them into here, regardless of the thread's content... for example:

1. - 1 hit KO BB

Skills

no part of that is a suggestion... this person made his own thread with this information, and then a mod merged it with this thread.

this is good info, such that everyone would like to see, but because it was merged into this massive (and spammy) thread, very few have actually seen it (i'm assuming here)

i was originally going to repost this in another new thread with a link-back to the original author's post, but i figured whats the point since it'll just get locked and LD'd b:surrender

also, no offence intended to anyone b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

This discussion has been closed.