Don't become a cleric if you don't like abuse

Comments

• xxxdsmer
    xxxdsmer Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    If you squad with people you know those things don't happen but if you squad with strangers it's only normal.

and its becoming only normal for me to be a dck right back to 'em. lol.

wether you know the cleric or not, why would you treat 'em any differently?

every character ingame is a person IRL, just like ur best friend cleric who happens to be offline or otherwise occupied, and that cleric u dont know goes thru all the fun ( b:chuckle ) of leveling that cleric to heal you.

wether its a cleric i know or not, i treat 'em all with the same respect i'd hope to get while on my cleric. none of the "HEAL" b.s.

like if i'm on my veno and could use an IB or two to soul trans with for mp, i AT LEAST type asking nicely for an ib or two like "heal or 2 for soul trans plz" or something. not just HEAL.

while on my cleric, HEAL is about to start gettin ppl HEEL. already gets 'em no heal, but thats obviously not enough of a hint lol
    i'm pro all classes, and against none in particular..
    but the age old QQ about venos is just that. OLD.
    QQ'd about a nix lately? check out this thread n tell me who's "OP" lol..
    (copy and paste this to address bar):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=102172
  • xxxdsmer
    xxxdsmer Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2009

So don't think that! >_____< Instead rework that out, instead of don't become a cleric if you don't like abuse, switch it to.. <.<

how about..

just respect cleric like any other class.

like wtf.. a wiz steals agro and ppl just sorta quietly think "dum agro stealin wiz" and noone says anything most of the time.

let a cleric do something "wrong" and its "ZOMG WTF WHATS WRONG WITH YOU WHY YOU DO (or not do) ___ YOU FAIL bla bla bla"

just respect the cleric, and know what other classes can and cannot do, at least a little of this. like for example: a cleric only runs 4.8 m/s.
    i'm pro all classes, and against none in particular..
    but the age old QQ about venos is just that. OLD.
    QQ'd about a nix lately? check out this thread n tell me who's "OP" lol..
    (copy and paste this to address bar):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=102172
  • Cosmos - Heavens Tear
    Cosmos - Heavens Tear Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I've never had abuse as a Cleric and I use PUGs all the time, especially so now with Bounty Hunter and all. It's all about knowing how to deal with every situation. :/ If the tank runs in early, deal with it. If there is additional adds and you aggro one, throw up Plume Shell and handle it.

I've been hearing people say Clerics get abuse all the time for close to a year now yet I've never noticed it once myself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Feito - Dreamweaver
    Feito - Dreamweaver Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Wow. Some of you are really tough...I like that though. Less BS.

I've always tried to be nice seeing as how I'm a noob when it comes to working in squads but this thread is making me rethink my position. I should probably start asking who has charms (even though it seems nobody wants to say so b/c they don't want to use theirs but i don't want to heal people who don't need to be healed lol), and start asserting my position. In the last couple of parties I was in, I don't think anyone even thanked me but instead thanked the high level tank/DD (they get all the glory -sigh-), despite the fact I was the only cleric in the party. -_-

I haven't been in any particularly horrible squads on this server. But I've been in squads where I was treated like a bothersome noob despite the fact they still keep me in their squad. In almost every squad I've been in, I've had the tank/DD dash off in a dungeon before I had all my bearings. It pisses me off because they're not considering the other members of the party. When that happens, I usually forget about them and stay with the stragglers or lower levels.

This only happened once but I don't like being told to heal. In my last party, the overzealous DD got to like 3/4 health, loses aggro somehow, and then tells me to heal as I was healing the person who accidentally caught aggro. Healing is all I do when I'm in squads, I don't even have the luxury to toss out demands like soooome people do. I didn't even have the time to get pissed off.
    InStyle is the greatest faction on Dreamweaver! b:victory
    Feito is...
    [x] Still a LA Cleric
    [x] in possession of a BURNING TIGER SPIRIT b:angry
    [x] Sipping some F--KING tea
    [ ] Totally KICKASS
    [ ] Extremely wealthy
    I've got some ways to go!
  • Cosmos - Heavens Tear
    Cosmos - Heavens Tear Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I should probably start asking who has charms (even though it seems nobody wants to say so b/c they don't want to use theirs but i don't want to heal people who don't need to be healed lol), and start asserting my position.

You'll be surprised how few people actually do have charms. I played with my guildmates almost exclusively before Bounty Hunter, now I PUG often and SO bloody many of them don't carry charms, even the Barbs. That IS something that annoys me. The Cleric has to carry an HP Charm, an MP Charm AND a Rez Scroll at all times yet everyone else is "too poor" even to get a bronze HP charm? Please. If you're too poor for a charm then sell that pure black clothing set you're wearing and GET ONE.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    You'll be surprised how few people actually do have charms. I played with my guildmates almost exclusively before Bounty Hunter, now I PUG often and SO bloody many of them don't carry charms, even the Barbs. That IS something that annoys me. The Cleric has to carry an HP Charm, an MP Charm AND a Rez Scroll at all times yet everyone else is "too poor" even to get a bronze HP charm? Please. If you're too poor for a charm then sell that pure black clothing set you're wearing and GET ONE.

Has to to carry???
    There are so many things better then charms, even if you want to hold BB.
    Charms are for lazy ppl, and only real use for charms is PvP so you stand a chance vs someone else who has a charm.
    b:dirty
  • hallsvaporaction
    hallsvaporaction Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I don't normally have charms and I don't expect squad members to carry them either. Having a noob squishy with a HP charm often gives him/her a false sense of invincibility, like running ahead of the squad to try out the brand spanking new lvl1 dragons breath O.o I much rather IH a group of cautious, non-charmed squad mates.
  • G_ree_n - Sanctuary
    G_ree_n - Sanctuary Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I pray to the forum gods to have this topic moved to GD.

The worst abuse I ever had in a squad was actually from a ego tripping faction mate. She was a lvl 60 veno with a lvl 47 herc who kicked the only person who could tank our TT bosses out of the squad in the middle of the run because she wasn't obedient enough, and then said "Heal me stupid" when I wouldn't heal her because her pet died and she was running away. She then proceeded to call me "pathetic" right in our faction chat. Lovely behavior.

Other then that, being told to "chill out" when I am simply asserting ground rules is rather annoying, as is having commands shouted at me when I am in the process of carrying them out--Revive has a 6 second cast time, idiots, turn on your speakers.

Other annoyances:

Tanks who ask me to spam IH on them and then stand there for 15 or more seconds picking their nose

People who think I'm "full of it" when explaining the issue of healing aggro

Archers who spark--Seriously GTFO

Anybody who thinks that Regeneration Aura makes your squad invincible

Anybody who thinks the above and then stands outside the range of Regeneration Aura and then wants me to cancel it so they can get a res

Any Archer or Wizard that attacks immediately after the tank as aggro, thinking that their massive damage won't pull the mob on them

Any of the above who sees Clerics as an "hp pot." Die please.

Anyone who doesn't know how to play their class properly and instead of learning, insists on telling me how to play mine

Anybody who thinks that if that Green chick can afford an MP charm and a black bikini (bought from the boutique,) obviously she doesn't need any loot from this run, so **** her

Tanks who are allergic to pet pulling--FOAD

Anybody who even thinks the words "genie pull"

People who think that Clerics have no quests, FBs/BH or desire to do TT for themselves and hold the opinion that we live to serve

People who seem to forget that we are real people and not computer programs when speaking to us and use language like "buffs plz" or "rez pls?" Complete sentences please???

People in squads that are too lazy to type. Tell us how many more mobs you need BEFORE we get to the last boss. If you're lagging, SPEAK UP.

Basically anybody in a squad who fails to remember that Clerics CAN'T RES THEMSELVES. Protect your cleric and we'll protect you ... unless you act like a jack ****.

For the love of god, somebody move this to General Discussion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Roll a barb on Sanctuary for hot cleric action. b:kiss
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    seriosuly? end thread plz xD?shootingkirbywithtextke5.gif
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • yoona2
    yoona2 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    omg i really hate when other ppl in my squad says, u need to bb here at fb 69>,< and i am like no squad heal is enough. They dont think of that when u bb u get knocked out of ur bb -.- . i think cleric know a bit more what heal to use since, we are playing the chars and not u b:shocked
  • Annonrae - Sanctuary
    Annonrae - Sanctuary Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    What I love most are the OMG SLOW CLERIC "jokes" I tend to get from squads sometimes. I mean, what am I, the first cleric they ever squadded with? That green dot trying to keep up with the rest of the green dots, that's usually the cleric.

BECAUSE I CAN'T GO ANY FASTER. Okay? Get it? Got it? Good. And no, I'm not wasting apoth stuff/genie stamina to catch up with a group that can't wait 15 seconds for the cleric to arrive at the scene of slaughter.

No love,
    me

PS: Dear Barb/BM/[insert any character faster than cleric here], if you run ahead using a variety of skills/powders/genie skill and then bounce into a random mob that chews on your head until I get there, I'll point and laugh.

PPS: HP charm ticks at 50%. MP charm ticks at 75%. So before [generic] you complain that I omgletyourcharmtick D:D:D:, think about the fact that mine ticks a hell of a lot more than yours, and no one's feeding me MP.
  • Drmelvin - Heavens Tear
    Drmelvin - Heavens Tear Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    yoona2 wrote: »
    omg i really hate when other ppl in my squad says, u need to bb here at fb 69>,< and i am like no squad heal is enough. They dont think of that when u bb u get knocked out of ur bb -.- . i think cleric know a bit more what heal to use since, we are playing the chars and not u b:shocked

OMG I agree, Ive only been playing the character for 85 levels to be told by a BM of all classes to BB in places, FB69 is the worst for it too because the last bosses do tend to stop BB and im sure some people dont understand that BB takes 2 sparks and we cant just magic 2 sparks out of thin air to recast BB straight away like they demand.
    What I love most are the OMG SLOW CLERIC "jokes" I tend to get from squads sometimes. I mean, what am I, the first cleric they ever squadded with? That green dot trying to keep up with the rest of the green dots, that's usually the cleric.

BECAUSE I CAN'T GO ANY FASTER. Okay? Get it? Got it? Good. And no, I'm not wasting apoth stuff/genie stamina to catch up with a group that can't wait 15 seconds for the cleric to arrive at the scene of slaughter.

No love,
    me

PS: Dear Barb/BM/[insert any character faster than cleric here], if you run ahead using a variety of skills/powders/genie skill and then bounce into a random mob that chews on your head until I get there, I'll point and laugh.

PPS: HP charm ticks at 50%. MP charm ticks at 75%. So before [generic] you complain that I omgletyourcharmtick D:D:D:, think about the fact that mine ticks a hell of a lot more than yours, and no one's feeding me MP.

AGREED! If i could run faster than 5.0 i would but i cant so shaddup and let me keep up, i cant heal you if you dont wait for me so your charm ticks, im not bothered, grow a pair and learn to wait for people who will protect you.
  • Newyn - Heavens Tear
    Newyn - Heavens Tear Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Personally, I like it when people scream "HEAL" when they pull aggro from the tank. Or "REZ" when they die. Do they honestly think we won't do those things unless they tell us?

Cleric is the only job where everyone else in the party thinks they know how to do your job better than you.

Seriously, do you every hear anyone shout "TANK" to the barb or "Do Damage" to the wizard?

when this hapens to me I stop heal and say TANK TANK TANK. mostly the entire party stop working and ask wth is going on.

I was the only1 that still did my work last time, healed the tank while he was writing what I was doing:victory But atlest they stoped tel me what to do
    To Lazy to make 1. b:infuriated
  • Drmelvin - Heavens Tear
    Drmelvin - Heavens Tear Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Ill have to try that next time
  • immortal95
    immortal95 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    i hate when they run into multiple mobs and only take aggro on one and expect me to heal them so they don't die everyone 40+ should know healing will take aggro if they don't do damage to all the mobs and when they die they start yelling at me cause i didn't heal.
  • SaintCaster - Sanctuary
    SaintCaster - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    You start out helping all you can. but at one point you stop. This was mine.

xxxx: Rez me.
    xxxx: Rez me you dumb cleric !
    SaintCaster: lol?
    xxxx: Use your skills, thats you damn job.
    SaintCaster: Job?
    xxxx: OMFG !

I dont ever rez people not in my guild, and I dont do BH/FB/TT runs just to help others anymore.

People have NO ideer how expensive Mana is. Barbs screem at you if the charm ticks, even when the bard charges 3 mobs and only take angro on one of them.

As clerics we need to take charge and make people understand how important the class is. And the only way to do that is to let people die if they dont protect the cleric. if they die, they loose 0.2% where we loose 3%, and they just dont get it.
  • Bagoly_ - Sanctuary
    Bagoly_ - Sanctuary Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    immortal95 wrote: »
    i hate when they run into multiple mobs and only take aggro on one and expect me to heal them so they don't die everyone 40+ should know healing will take aggro if they don't do damage to all the mobs and when they die they start yelling at me cause i didn't heal.

In BH this happens every second day:
    Barb/BM (Leeeeeeeeroy Jenkinssss type) runs into multiple mobs (out of my range of course), take aggro on one and screams: "Heeelmeh!"
    Me: Holy Path - Stream - IH spaming - Tree Of Protection - apoth HP pot - IH spaming

It's shocking how many 7X nub out there... and I'm an idiot for doing this and try to keep them alive.
  • Opaline - Dreamweaver
    Opaline - Dreamweaver Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I LOVE abuse.
    Sometimes I can't wait for ppl to **** me off so I can rip them a new one.
    It keeps the game interesting for me.
    It's also fun because people who like to dish out abuse usually can't take it.
  • XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver
    XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Slow Cleric jokes are funny.

Especially when you wait for them to get into a pinch because they left you behind, then show up walking. >=)
  • Khina - Heavens Tear
    Khina - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    In BH this happens every second day:
    Barb/BM (Leeeeeeeeroy Jenkinssss type) runs into multiple mobs (out of my range of course), take aggro on one and screams: "Heeelmeh!"
    Me: Holy Path - Stream - IH spaming - Tree Of Protection - apoth HP pot - IH spaming

It's shocking how many 7X nub out there... and I'm an idiot for doing this and try to keep them alive.

I'll just let them dieb:laugh
  • Goldymarg - Heavens Tear
    Goldymarg - Heavens Tear Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Experienced this way too much myself to the point that I won't even buff people if they run everywhere like idiots, I won't go as far as saying that I want such parties to die, but it's really annoying when it's like you're talking to a brick wall.

And don't get me started on barbs when you're buffing, they just run for the next batch of mobs or boss without even waiting for the buffs or heals. At least we have decent barbs in the faction I'm in, but in other squads this happens way too often. b:infuriated

"HEAL MEH PLZZZ111!!"

Thank god for Wings of Protection at some situations when it works long enough for me to get the barb's HP under control. >__>;

~Goldy
    The Internet is indeed serious business . . . b:lipcurl
    QQ moar
  • BeingHope - Harshlands
    BeingHope - Harshlands Posts: 5,013 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I'll just let them dieb:laugh

<.< i've started to think about doing that recently.................... b:surrender
    [SIGPIC]http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad175/beinghope/beinghopesiggie.png[/SIGPIC]
    I forgot!!! Thanks forsaken for the signature b:cute
    b:chuckle I love huge catshops LOL b:laugh
  • ramboelmillor
    ramboelmillor Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    um... in only 70 lvls i found ALL things. But the best is what happened like 2 days ago. We were going to kill jewelscalen with a good squad (tanks, dds...)

When we were near, the mage (i think he was 68 or 69) said: ah jewel is only lvl 50+ i can solo it. He threw a fireball at jewelscalen, obviously jewelscaled turned to him and 1-hit killed him. Then the mage says to me: Why u didnt heal me???. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many noobs, but a lvl 60+ should know that 1 hit kill is NON CUREABLE!!! b:laugh
  • pshyis
    pshyis Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Happened to me twice. Both times I explained that I had been asking them to stop. One time, the person who griped apologized nicely. The second time, I was informed that they shouldn't have to wait for me to buff. Take a wild guess which one of those two times resulted in me leaving them stranded at the boss and going about my business?
    LOL. nice i am not a high lvl yet but that is just too funny. I would probably do the same thing but i'd probably stick round and watch the carnage for a little while.
  • Lairian - Sanctuary
    Lairian - Sanctuary Posts: 8,209 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Wow. So many people that are rude to one of the two most crucial classes. This makes me worry about the future of the human race. Being rude to a cleric is like if people started dissing doctors irl (ok, maybe not that drastic, but still, clerics are kinda like the doctors of PWI).

Only thing I can think of happening in this vain happened a few days ago. During the first BH (Qingzi in FB29), since it's annoyingly difficult to find a decent party for this one for whatever reason, all I got was two bm's and a veno, all 4x's (made me sad, but begger's can't be choosers). One of the bm's went afk very often, and the other was just the type of person everyone else is talking about in this thread. We get to the boss, the afk bm leaves, and the veno starts tanking with her golem. Was going alright until the pet died, and the aggro went to the bm. I spammed IB like crazy, and still the boss took about 1/3 of his hp with each hit. When I examined his gear (I like doing that. It's fun to see what others have to see what nice--or not so nice--things are available), it turns out he was wearing LA (3*, but still LA). Later on, he pm'd me that *I* was the failure. After a short talk, he got the dubious honor of being the first person on my blacklist.

And from the looks of things here, I can probably look forward to this list filling up more quickly than I'd like.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Be nice to people
  • Grayroses - Heavens Tear
    Grayroses - Heavens Tear Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Behind every character there is a real person who plays it in their own style. You'll find asses everywhere, even between your fellow clerics (one of them in Heaven's Tear is a great mold stealer and scammer, that doesn't mean all clerics are the same). Eventhough I'm a veno on my main, 3/4 of my friend's list consists of clerics, because they are an useful class and always welcome in any squad. Not all people disrespect clerics, as well as not any cleric is a good one (I saw lvl 80+ cleric who didn't even bother heal the barb at boss in fb59,because he expected the other cleric to do it and he wanted just to DD). Be a good cleric and you'll be respected, added to friendlists and always find help for your quests and needs, at least by people with common sense.
    Forum trolls are **** beings who find pleasure in picking on other forum users,trying to bully them. Probably kids or antisocial people, feeding themselves with burgers,chips and soda, 23/7 in front of a PC, they are trying to release their frustration through moronic posts. My advice for them is:get a life (girlfriend,job,pet) or visit a **** site to release your anger and hate due to lack of parental love in childhood. Have fun!
  • Desire - Dreamweaver
    Desire - Dreamweaver Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Behind every character there is a real person who plays it in their own style. You'll find asses everywhere, even between your fellow clerics (one of them in Heaven's Tear is a great mold stealer and scammer, that doesn't mean all clerics are the same). Eventhough I'm a veno on my main, 3/4 of my friend's list consists of clerics, because they are an useful class and always welcome in any squad. Not all people disrespect clerics, as well as not any cleric is a good one (I saw lvl 80+ cleric who didn't even bother heal the barb at boss in fb59,because he expected the other cleric to do it and he wanted just to DD). Be a good cleric and you'll be respected, added to friendlists and always find help for your quests and needs, at least by people with common sense.

Aww, the part with 80+ cleris it's sad, bu yeah, not everyone who picked cleric class it's meant to roll it.
  • BeingHope - Harshlands
    BeingHope - Harshlands Posts: 5,013 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Aww, the part with 80+ cleris it's sad, bu yeah, not everyone who picked cleric class it's meant to roll it.

O.o say that again? rofl b:chuckle Everyday I think its either me or my eyes or whatever, I'm keep seeing more fail clerics running around..... b:surrender
    [SIGPIC]http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad175/beinghope/beinghopesiggie.png[/SIGPIC]
    I forgot!!! Thanks forsaken for the signature b:cute
    b:chuckle I love huge catshops LOL b:laugh
  • Slake - Lost City
    Slake - Lost City Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    O.o say that again? rofl b:chuckle Everyday I think its either me or my eyes or whatever, I'm keep seeing more fail clerics running around..... b:surrender

oracles may have something to do with that......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GotTold.com

Sup?
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Sanctuary had an over-correction occur in the first few months of the server. Initially, there was basically no clerics being made. I made one to help the guild around the 4th day, and kept that as my main for a couple months. For the first month or two, getting clerics that were high level was very difficult, and most of the time needed 2 clerics in a group because of no decent gear to get from AH and doing all instances at level.

With this desperate need, many people also started doing clerics, especially after asking which class was needed. However, people started crafting/auctioning drop items that had good stats, had high levels running the instances for them, and the newer clerics started to catch up to the older ones due to rebirth and such. Groups no longer needed 2 clerics per group, and so we had a large supply with only half the demand. Only thing that will make clerics as rare as they were before, is attrition in the higher leveling causing existing ones to stop playing the cleric or game.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.