v182 Update discussion thread.

Options

Comments

• Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    D. What do you mean Frostcovered Gear from the Anniversary Packs?! Are you telling me that you just opened a brand new instance, only to give away the very gear we'd be trying to earn to some level 10 noob with Mommy's Credit Card? Awww, hell naw. BAD move.

I really don't understand this argument at all. Why do people automatically assume someone that CS's is a kid? It's much more logical that it's an adult. Kids don't have money (or much money), adults do. Just about every adult has some disposable income to one extent or another as well. Some have $10 a month, some have $10,000 a month. It's up to them what they want to do with it. I can't see a kid, especially one that doesn't work having the money to buy more than a couple of packs.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    i dont think it matters whether it's an adult or a kid. either way poor isala's ticked that his efforts got undermined by this event. dont read his whole post then nitpick >.>

but anyways, you'd be surprised how spoiled some kids are. i come from a decent neighborhood but our rival school (well not really, just another school in the district thats competition for state rankings lol) is rich as ****. kids get sports cars for their ****ing 16th birthdays. im not even kidding, in that school kids compare cars for social rankings. if you still ride the bus, no one would talk to you. all that i heard from friends who went to that school

i mean dont get me wrong, not all kids are like that, but still think about how much kids spend on music, concerts, video games, movies, sports games, parties etc etc etc every year. it's still a lot.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I really don't understand this argument at all. Why do people automatically assume someone that CS's is a kid? It's much more logical that it's an adult. Kids don't have money (or much money), adults do. Just about every adult has some disposable income to one extent or another as well. Some have $10 a month, some have $10,000 a month. It's up to them what they want to do with it. I can't see a kid, especially one that doesn't work having the money to buy more than a couple of packs.

You have a point, the majority of cash shop users may be adults or decent players, but the truth is out of those there will definitely be a certain percentage who are spoiled little kids or nub players who spend a few $ on packs and strike lucky on an item a dedicated player might have spent many months trying to obtain.

It's the fact that spoiled kids and lazy players have a chance to win extremely rare items in a 1$ lottery that annoys dedicated players who put a great deal of time and money in. No one said all cash shop players are kids.
  • Oichii - Dreamweaver
    Oichii - Dreamweaver Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    My random thoughts and blabberings about the reason I quit this game for good

I finally quit playing this game that claims its free yet makes events directly related to the cash shop items. I know this is irrelevant and that no one cares but I believe the Cash Shop event got really out of hand. Since the beginning of the game I worked really hard to get my Herc on my Veno (Thats 40 Million of grinded in-game money i worked hard for 3-4 Months spending hours and days together), my Lv 80 TT Gold equipment and a few Lv 80 Legendary Stuff that some might consider to be nooby but are now worthless thanks to the Event & its insane spammage of molds, chips etc b:sad

The reason I believe people are complaining about the event is because the gap between the average free player who chooses not to spend a single buck on the game and the cash shop player who invests serious amounts of money has become way too much since the event. This was clearly denoted earlier by events but we all didnt quite feel its effects as much as the event. No I am NOT complaining that those who invested money don't deserve them all. All i want to say is there is a LIMIT as to how much advantage Cash shoppers must have over players that play this game without investing any money.

Honestly, I expected the event to be a free-for-all goodies or something like that Christmas event previous year "MEANT FOR ALL AND FREE FOR ALL" but nuuu, it's directly related to cash shop ! Great, this is when I decide to quit.

Now thats all my blabbering for now. Goodluck to all those that cashed in on Millions or made perhaps 100s of millions. I would suggest you think other peoples views before defending you views with money or how much you paid. b:bye

I have moved on to a better game now so Goodluck to all players that continue to play. I Hope PWI considers how many players it has lost till now. (I'm sure they value players that play for free too since this game is called a "FREE TO PLAY GAME" (Wonder how much of that fact is true now...). So I honestly request the PWI Management to look into the number of potential players that you have lost and make it atleast a little fair to those non-cash players that are still continuing to play this game.

New Way to Win -> Get $ 400-500, Buy Event Boxes, Make Millions overnight, Rule the server with bad-**** gear and more money than you could possibly imagine what to do with, make other ppl that worked hard for gear, money look like noobs... Must feel great indeed. Of course lets not blame the Game Company there, they have nothing to do with it right ?.

Sayonara PWI, Was fun while it lasted.. b:cute
  • MissPsyched - Dreamweaver
    MissPsyched - Dreamweaver Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Thanks for the life story, but it's just random Lunar Glade stuff people have won, which a lot of them just tend to sell. Also, you can't get the best gear in game from the packs, so I don't see the big issue. Oh and you can farm Lunar, so they're not receiving anything exclusive. On DW people already sell Lunar Glade items, so even those not spending irl cash can buy some.
  • TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Thanks for the life story, but it's just random Lunar Glade stuff people have won, which a lot of them just tend to sell. Also, you can't get the best gear in game from the packs, so I don't see the big issue. Oh and you can farm Lunar, so they're not receiving anything exclusive. On DW people already sell Lunar Glade items, so even those not spending irl cash can buy some.
    the ring, the boots and the cape are purely endgame gear

lunar weapons are easily endgame weapons if refined or u can have the gold one using the chips (always with the event) or the OHT 100

those shards are the best u can have, endgame
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eternalnub - Heavens Tear
    Eternalnub - Heavens Tear Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

lunar weapons are easily endgame weapons if refined or u can have the gold one using the chips (always with the event) or the OHT 100

hey endgame you said you quited and go play Aimon but yet you are giving here opinions?!! mail ur stuff for me ty b:bye b:kiss
  • Silvia_Xenth - Lost City
    Silvia_Xenth - Lost City Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    lol i wish i could play another game but my comp is so old i am stuck so
    still we playing till i get newer comp
    as 4 cashshoper stfu iff i still get 2 lv100 ill we hunting u maderfckers
    there is a whole is pwi and its all ur foult hopefully ill we 100 soon with xp event and ill hunt every singel rich kid Layal will we first lving from lv65 to 75 in 1 day iff tahts isnt rich kids i dont knew who is
    edited September 2009
    Options
    hey endgame you said you quited and go play Aimon but yet you are giving here opinions?!! mail ur stuff for me ty b:bye b:kiss
    u wish cry me a river
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ruax - Heavens Tear
    Ruax - Heavens Tear Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    lol i wish i could play another game but my comp is so old i am stuck so
    still we playing till i get newer comp
    as 4 cashshoper stfu iff i still get 2 lv100 ill we hunting u maderfckers
    there is a whole is pwi and its all ur foult hopefully ill we 100 soon with xp event and ill hunt every singel rich kid Layal will we first lving from lv65 to 75 in 1 day iff tahts isnt rich kids i dont knew who is

You get those damn rich kids and pwn them with your spelling b:bye
  • Maciaveli - Lost City
    Maciaveli - Lost City Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    You get those damn rich kids and pwn them with your spelling b:bye

+1 b:chuckle
    Main Character: Nicolanis; 8x Venomancer - The Best No-Nix Robe User On Lost City(Not Much Competition There Though) b:victory

Faction: Harvester b:shocked

Current Reputation:- 50xx/200,000 Wearing Rank 4 Chest Armorb:dirty
    edited September 2009
    Options

And how many people get all of the Lunar glade items from the boxes? If someone does, then they surely deserve it, because thats gonna take at least 500 dollars to get. If they spend that much, sure, hf with your endgame items. If they had turned that gold into money via the AH they could've probably bought the Lunar Glade stuff regardless.
  • Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    The weapons arent that common i admit i freaked out a bit also the instances are a lot easier now and more fun to do somethign new so stop QQing and go out and try it they r fun b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ElveZero - Harshlands
    ElveZero - Harshlands Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    lol...............
    edited September 2009
    Options
    And how many people get all of the Lunar glade items from the boxes? If someone does, then they surely deserve it, because thats gonna take at least 500 dollars to get. If they spend that much, sure, hf with your endgame items. If they had turned that gold into money via the AH they could've probably bought the Lunar Glade stuff regardless.

u are missing something

u have to understand that the CS shoud sell golds to us in order to get coins in order to buy the mats that a few other players obtained by RUNNING INSTANCES and therefore getting a reward by selling it to said CS

now CS can acquire a lot of things (basically 90% of what is really necessary) by just buying it off the boutique so there's no longer supply and demand, they don't really need to sell us golds at lower prices cuz they need coins

they can already have everything without us

enjoy ur new P2P PWI, all that will remain are ppl who put 1k dollars every month
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I'ma lol if that new expansion gives far greater gear then Lunar Glade, if thats true then I won't even bother farming for them.
  • Kalutika - Heavens Tear
    Kalutika - Heavens Tear Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I'ma lol if that new expansion gives far greater gear then Lunar Glade, if thats true then I won't even bother farming for them.

Hopefully it will, however then the CS'rs will be whining instead of the cheapskates. Either way there will be a lot of complaining on one side or the other.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

For this to happen, the level cap needs to go up.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Not really, warsoul is lower lvl than lunar, but it is still better.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    Options
    There really isn't any room for better gear at the current levels. Frost, warsoul, lunar, TT, OHT. There is no real point to making even stronger gear for lower levels so it has to be for even higher levels than are possible right now.
    Main characters
    edited September 2009
    Options
    yeah i guess so, they could make gear for 105 tho, since 105 is SOOOOO much further away than say 95 or even 100.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for a raise in the lvl cap, just saying they could make an end-all set for 105.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Not really, warsoul is lower lvl than lunar, but it is still better.
    yeah i guess so, they could make gear for 105 tho, since 105 is SOOOOO much further away than say 95 or even 100.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for a raise in the lvl cap, just saying they could make an end-all set for 105.

True, but the level 106+ gear is already in the game I've seen it in the AH. The true max level is 150 we just don't have it yet. When the level cap goes up the amount of exp needed from 100 to 105 will drop dramatically. Why put the end-all gear at 105 when the data for higher levels is already in the game.
    Main characters
    edited September 2009
    Options
    well end-all for our current lvl rng :P there should never be a true end all anything in an mmo, as when you reach the top the game is over imho.

I'd love for the cap to shoot up, and the exp table to re-adjust, but I'd also like to see the map double in size, and some new monsters be added (not just different colored versions of the same monster, actual NEW monsters :P )
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Anyone noticed TT mats have just about doubled in price? ._. As if TT80 HA wasn't expensive enough already.

That pretty much puts my desired lv80 equips out of reach, and all the while in the back of my head is the thought "spend another $10 on gold and you can have it".
    **** you pw, I've spent enough already, not a freaking chance -.-

Maybe if they fixed a few bugs and actually cared about the player base and our economy I'd be considering it right now....
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    Options
    well end-all for our current lvl rng :P there should never be a true end all anything in an mmo, as when you reach the top the game is over imho.

I'd love for the cap to shoot up, and the exp table to re-adjust, but I'd also like to see the map double in size, and some new monsters be added (not just different colored versions of the same monster, actual NEW monsters :P )

Well we KNOW new land is coming. Its in the unavailable area which means the map WILL expand. Yeah hopefully there will be new monsters and not just more reskins.
    Main characters
  • RawVeno - Sanctuary
    RawVeno - Sanctuary Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    yeah, and watch access to the land require a CS item lol
  • Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Anyone noticed TT mats have just about doubled in price? ._. As if TT80 HA wasn't expensive enough already.

That pretty much puts my desired lv80 equips out of reach, and all the while in the back of my head is the thought "spend another $10 on gold and you can have it".

Maybe if they fixed a few bugs and actually cared about the player base and our economy I'd be considering it right now....

Look at the sub prices at think about how much money u have saved i saved 3 mill on my 90 subs because of this the economy is fine u just need to know how to work it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eternalnub - Heavens Tear
    Eternalnub - Heavens Tear Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

just pass TT80 i did that on both chars...just buy few lege parts and and sum 3* should be enough =)
    edited September 2009
    Options
    kinda like how the world bosses are just reskins of FB bosses, which some of them are even just reskins of normal mobs.

But if the new lands all look kool I'll still be happy.

This is still my fav f2p to date, and one of my fav mmos overall (possibly cus im just tired of the other ones which are better b:chuckle )
  • Queelen - Lost City
    Queelen - Lost City Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I just laugh on PWI after this update. Do they really think, this is the way to keep a regular player base, including the paying ones? Well, no.

They don't make charching Zen avalaible at some countries at all (like in mine), and where they do, it's only by a PayPal type which is useless for those who -though have money- do not own a bank card/account. So like for the 50% of players in those places. BUT they make a billion CS event, making gold prices increase an awful lot, so everybody who can't use their damn shop, which is as much international as my ****, can basically quit playing, 'caouse they can never compete with the paying customers.

This wasn't like this, customers did have some advantage, but just as much as a non-payer can compete with, if put time/effort in the game. Now it's pay or get f*cked up hard. Especially on PvP servers. Even those who paid will stop it, there is a breaking point where even they can't fight with the uber rich. Nice move.

As I see, nobody will do anything about this. So be it. My friends all moved to private servers, where the CS items are affordable for everybody. With this patch, I went after them and I must say, it was my best decision.

I won't rage quit. I will still be around, playing with this original version, just for the fun, for the love of my very first Veno and for some people who I like and still play here. But I see no point in serious grinding.
    This is the dark present, this is who I am,
    Long forgotten dead, deep in a cold cavern.
    Errant who got swallowed by volatile time,
    Fallen angel on the brink of endless abyss.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.