v182 Update discussion thread.

Options

Comments

• Kalutika - Heavens Tear
    Kalutika - Heavens Tear Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    This is a game. You use your money to buy the way of winning.
    That's sad. b:bye

Name me a game where you cannot get endgame gear with large amounts of cash (illegally or not). If you can name a game where no RMT exists I'll be surprised as hell. Players will ALWAYS be able to get endgame gear in MMO's if they have enough money. I've never played a game where RMT was not an issue.
  • kanel321
    kanel321 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Falls, I agree with you , I do , but lets be realistic, PWI needs $$$. Money = Cash Shoppers. If a new player joined and wanted to buy there way up could they before this even ?? no . yah they could buy the odd item here or there but nothing significant .They can now with events like Jolly Jones and Anniversay Packs . Should they be able to ... yes. Now i know thats gonna anger ppl but a Free to play mmo has to give the ppl who pay to keep the game going some serious bonuses. If you remove that bonus then they game should just become pay to play. Let me ask you something if that same cash player goes hard and levels up will u know that they got that way through the Cash Shop? no. They will be in your guild helping you out , healing , tanking and running u through FB's and no one will look down of them. So who really cares in the end . Your guild stronger. Cash shopper is pleased . More ppl will rank up and then devs can actually develop more end game content. A very famous mmo out there charges 15 per month and each expansion is $40. You get it for free.
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    This is a game. You use your money to buy the way of winning.
    That's sad. b:bye

Absolutely true. Pure players don't have chance to win PvP battle because of gear which they cannot afford it.
    When I started game it was so perfect. Pure and rich players had same chances for good gear. Now?b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    Falls - Sanctuary Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    kanel321 wrote: »
    Falls, I agree with you , I do , but lets be realistic, PWI needs $$$. Money = Cash Shoppers. If a new player joined and wanted to buy there way up could they before this even ?? no . yah they could buy the odd item here or there but nothing significant .They can now with events like Jolly Jones and Anniversay Packs . Should they be able to ... yes. Now i know thats gonna anger ppl but a Free to play mmo has to give the ppl who pay to keep the game going some serious bonuses. If you remove that bonus then they game should just become pay to play. Let me ask you something if that same cash player goes hard and levels up will u know that they got that way through the Cash Shop? no. They will be in your guild helping you out , healing , tanking and running u through FB's and no one will look down of them. So who really cares in the end . Your guild stronger. Cash shopper is pleased . More people will rank up and then Devs can actually develop more end game content. A very famous MMO out there charges 15 per month and each expansion is $40. You get it for free.

I've paid 3-4 times a WoW subscription per month on this game for the past year. Firstly, at my level, that is no longer good enough (I mainly only still play for TW, which by the way seems dead on my server now.). Secondly, every new update brings more **** that I need even more money to pay for. Third, aside from paying cash, I have spent a lot of time *playing* this game, farming mats and the like, all work which is well diminished, if not completely thrown out the window with one update. Lastly, the community of players that I have grown up playing with is for the most part very dissatisfied with this patch, to the point that half the people I know are quitting. Some of them cannot afford 1-2M coins for every Gold Charm.

It is one thing that the company needs money to run the game, and to develop new content, but they seemed to have sacrificed any semblance of this being a game when money can literally buy you EVERYTHING. I challenge you to name one thing that money can't *directly* buy you in this game (With the gratitude of the company of course)? Any player with competitive instinct (PvP Servers) can't possibly see a reason to keep playing this.

I've played enough good F2P Games to think that this Cash Shop milking is excessive, and an indication that things are going down hill, unless something changes soon.

By the way, Kalutika the point that you can buy illegal Coins in other games is moot, because as you say, they are illegal, and considered a problem. The GMs on those games go through a lot of effort to keep their games fair (Which is something all *good* games should strive to be).
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I've paid 3-4 times a WoW subscription on this game for the past year. Firstly, at my level, that is no longer good enough (I mainly only still play for TW, which by the way seems dead on my server now.). Secondly, every new update brings more **** that I need even more money to pay for. Third, aside from paying cash, I have spent a lot of time *playing* this game, farming mats and the like, all work which is well diminished, if not completely thrown out the window with one update. Lastly, the community of players that I have grown up playing with is for the most part very dissatisfied with this patch, to the point that half the people I know are quitting. Some of them cannot afford 1-2M coins for every Gold Charm.

It is one thing that the company needs money to run the game, and to develop new content, but they seemed to have sacrificed any semblance of this being a game when money can literally buy you EVERYTHING. I challenge you to name one thing that money can't *directly* buy you in this game (with the gratitude of the developer's of course)? Any player with competitive instinct (PvP Servers) can't possibly see a reason to keep playing this.

I've played enough good F2P Games to think that this Cash Shop milking is excessive, and an indication that things are going down hill, unless something changes soon.

By the way, Kalutika the point that you can buy illegal Coins in other games is moot, because as you say, they are illegal, and considered a problem. The GMs on those games go through a lot of effort to keep their games fair (Which is something all *good* games should strive to be).

Their games are not fair, and RMT rules the games. And GMs don't ever do enough to handle the problems. I'd rather the RMT be legal, then I don't have to see the massive bot trains and all the chat spam about go to this website to buy gold, etc. This game addresses that RMT will never go away, but no you don't have the chance of getting banned if you do want to keep up.
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Their games are not fair, and RMT rules the games. And GMs don't ever do enough to handle the problems. I'd rather the RMT be legal, then I don't have to see the massive bot trains and all the chat spam about go to this website to buy gold, etc. This game addresses that RMT will never go away, but no you don't have the chance of getting banned if you do want to keep up.

I never said they were fair (Nothing is), just that they strive to be (As all should).

It is still cheating under the ToS, and the difficulties in monitoring it doesn't change that fact. I don't get mad at CSers in this game, but I would get mad at Gold Buyers in others, because by the rules we both agreed to play by, they would be cheaters.
  • ColdSteele - Lost City
    ColdSteele - Lost City Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I'm sure your flushing through many e-mails, tickets, and forums just like this one but I'm gonna give it a try anyway. For a free to play game a large portion of your player basis is members that wish to play the game completely free. A lot of these players will eventually put bits of their cash into the cash shop for gold for things like perfect iron hammer or maybe a mount to reward themselves. However by making the economies of the servers inflate you are pushing these players away. If you make it extremely difficult for non cash shoppers to keep up and intensely easier for the cash shoppers to get ahead then it drives the free to play players away. This pushes a large portion of your player base away along with their money. It is a no win situation for you. Many of the players did not want this event. Personally I liked it just the way it was before. To me, the best possible patch would've been one to fix bugs or problems with the game. Not to make another new event or more items for fashion and the cash shop. This game does not need more FLUFF. What it needs is a building upon the foundation. Please fix the problems with the design of the game instead of making more in-game economic problems for the players. I don't mean this to be rude or insulting. Thanks PW.
    It's too bad but "free to play, pay to win"-sckye

These "updates" are seeming more and more like downgrades.

aryannamage: Not PWE GM's they are all greedy b:angry
  • kanel321
    kanel321 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I've paid 3-4 times a WoW subscription per month on this game for the past year. Firstly, at my level, that is no longer good enough (I mainly only still play for TW, which by the way seems dead on my server now.). Secondly, every new update brings more **** that I need even more money to pay for. Third, aside from paying cash, I have spent a lot of time *playing* this game, farming mats and the like, all work which is well diminished, if not completely thrown out the window with one update. Lastly, the community of players that I have grown up playing with is for the most part very dissatisfied with this patch, to the point that half the people I know are quitting. Some of them cannot afford 1-2M coins for every Gold Charm.

It is one thing that the company needs money to run the game, and to develop new content, but they seemed to have sacrificed any semblance of this being a game when money can literally buy you EVERYTHING. I challenge you to name one thing that money can't *directly* buy you in this game (With the gratitude of the company of course)? Any player with competitive instinct (PvP Servers) can't possibly see a reason to keep playing this.

First , its your choice really to pay 3x the standard mmo subscription per month . PWI is gratefull for that im sure but a lot off ppl pay nothing. They farm coins and then go from there. Yes, you have worked hard to be where you are but your lvl 95 most ppl are far away from obtaining your level . Sure ppl can get end game items and some coin but if they are cash shoppers they will have to contribute lots of real life cash to get there. If a lvl 50 gets some coin and then gets a lunar glade weapon they have a loooong way to go before they can use it . Good for them. The does not take away from the fact that you can hold ur head high and say u got it the ol' fashioned way. Also this update is only on for 1 month. After that things will start going back to norm. Buy Gold Charms then. PPl think that there the game is over .... c'mon 3 months from now wil will be all running around in Santa outfits.
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    First , its your choice really to pay 3x the standard mmo subscription per month . PWI is gratefull for that im sure but a lot off ppl pay nothing. They farm coins and then go from there. Yes, you have worked hard to be where you are but your lvl 95 most ppl are far away from obtaining your level . Sure ppl can get end game items and some coin but if they are cash shoppers they will have to contribute lots of real life cash to get there. If a lvl 50 gets some coin and then gets a lunar glade weapon they have a loooong way to go before they can use it . Good for them. The does not take away from the fact that you can hold ur head high and say u got it the ol' fashioned way. Also this update is only on for 1 month. After that things will start going back to norm. Buy Gold Charms then. PPl think that there the game is over....C'mon 3 months from now we will be all running around in Santa outfits.

You realize of course that our arguments are all a matter of opinion, and degree. To most I will agree to disagree.

The only statement there that I can argue with is the "hold your head high" bit, which means absolutely nothing with respect to PvP, or other competitive in game endeavors.
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I'm sure your flushing through many e-mails, tickets, and forums just like this one but I'm gonna give it a try anyway. For a free to play game a large portion of your player basis is members that wish to play the game completely free. A lot of these players will eventually put bits of their cash into the cash shop for gold for things like perfect iron hammer or maybe a mount to reward themselves. However by making the economies of the servers inflate you are pushing these players away. If you make it extremely difficult for non cash shoppers to keep up and intensely easier for the cash shoppers to get ahead then it drives the free to play players away. This pushes a large portion of your player base away along with their money. It is a no win situation for you. Many of the players did not want this event. Personally I liked it just the way it was before. To me, the best possible patch would've been one to fix bugs or problems with the game. Not to make another new event or more items for fashion and the cash shop. This game does not need more FLUFF. What it needs is a building upon the foundation. Please fix the problems with the design of the game instead of making more in-game economic problems for the players. I don't mean this to be rude or insulting. Thanks PW.

Any reason you posted this exact same thing 3 different times? Just curious :P
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    did i say anything about zhenning ?? all the modes u listed are ways to get serious amounts of xp in a a short amount of time. However xp only goes so far. Those events are also restricted to those who have some coin in the bank . There were no events previoulsy that gave weapons or mass amount of coins in the way that the anniversary packs do . I made millions of this event and have lots of my end game gear sitting in my bank. Its a way to move ppl forward. Not everyone can afford to do rebirth or bh or cube .

you said something about people lvling up too slowly, i dont know where zhen entered the conversation.

if you had the coin to buy packs, you definitely had the coin to buy charms/mirages; if you spent real money on packs, you definitely had the money to spend on charms to do rebirth. the topic you brought up was that people were leveling too slowly, i just put those out there.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Name me a game where you cannot get endgame gear with large amounts of cash (illegally or not). If you can name a game where no RMT exists I'll be surprised as hell. Players will ALWAYS be able to get endgame gear in MMO's if they have enough money. I've never played a game where RMT was not an issue.

well assuming this event never came about, sooner or later i'm sure someone would sell the gear that they made to another player for large amount of cash. in another game i had a college friend who spent his free time powerlvling to sell accounts. it paid for his subscription, books, and booze. but that's different, the seller got something for his efforts in the game. i dont think there are games where you pay the company to just outright give you endgame gear, or maybe i just haven't played enough mmo's. what's more, these packs are chance based. it means someone paid like 500 bucks for their good stuff, and someone paid 3; now how's that fair? you get what you paid for right?
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
  • GriffinJ - Harshlands
    GriffinJ - Harshlands Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    well assuming this event never came about, sooner or later i'm sure someone would sell the gear that they made to another player for large amount of cash.
    I am sure people have done this already.
    i dont think there are games where you pay the company to just outright give you endgame gear, or maybe i just haven't played enough mmo's. what's more, these packs are chance based. it means someone paid like 500 bucks for their good stuff, and someone paid 3; now how's that fair? you get what you paid for right?
    Agreed. You put in your money you will get your money's worth. But also it plays out that the people that put in their time got their times worth when they finally got their item they were seeking, whether the person was lvl 20 or lvl 100. They put in their time for it and now people are spending cash to get the items the people played so hard for, I dont see the fairness in it anywhere. Even if someone spent the money verse a player putting in time the end items should never have been allowed to be obtained for $1 dollar. Some people just have better luck... Me, I know when mine is pushed and I am fine just sitting back to ponder my thoughts.
  • Eternalnub - Heavens Tear
    Eternalnub - Heavens Tear Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    mumintroll wrote: »
    Count with me. For level you need exp.
    lv103 1,339,080,000
    lv104 1,750,000,000
    lv105 1,750,000,000

How much time it take to get these experience? If you earn 1 000 000 exp per day, it would take years to just get to lv. 103 and where is lv 105?b:chuckle

once lvl cap is raised lvl103-105 prolly done in less than 1month =)
    there are level 106s roaming the map in unavailable locations, there IS no cap

there is even higher lvl mobs on map available locations but cap is still 105
  • dustin534
    dustin534 Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    cap lvl will go down this winter then we will lvl faster mahahahab:laugh
    :P
    HL character
    Sin-ign-Angarika-lvl46

Made 6 days ago :P

Be level 70 by next week <3b:thanks
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    dustin534 wrote: »
    cap lvl will go down this winter then we will lvl faster mahahahab:laugh

*glances at signature* No...no, you're not.

ಠ_ಠೊ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • dustin534
    dustin534 Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    *glances at signature* No...no, you're not.
    you wanna find out if it's true
    :P
    HL character
    Sin-ign-Angarika-lvl46

Made 6 days ago :P

Be level 70 by next week <3b:thanks
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    dustin534 wrote: »
    you wanna find out if it's true

*points to post count* I've won before the battle started. Besides, you'd lose for derailing this topic.

Honestly, what's done in this patch is done. It is up to the rest of the community to deal with its outcomes. Good luck, all...though I'm sure you won't need it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • reallydisappointed
    reallydisappointed Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I was in a state of shock when i logged onto the forums and had to search on page 2 to find this thread. With this many people so upset about the latest patch how could this be buried on page 2... I guess patience is a virtue given enough time folks have stopped bothering to be upset an have either left or given up an carry on playing. I will patiently awaiting the new patch just to see if the Duke being shut up is the only "bone" the Devs,Gm's throw the 1000s of upset people. Each hour more and more high lvl items are dropped into our game, each passing hour brings more and more unnecessary coin added to an already flooded market, I see each day items being sold for 40+million. Some serious rethinking needs to be done about alot of in game happenings, lots of good ideas have been suggested here I just have to ask myself has my posts and the 100s of others who have posted here, have they fallen on deaf ears has our time been a waste will they allow a fantastic game be ruined by corporate greed or will they stand up an take notice....
  • FionaCattail - Sanctuary
    FionaCattail - Sanctuary Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I honestly don't get why people think the level cap might increase. As I said in a different post:
    Last I checked, no one was remotely close to 105.

maybe they think the level cap will raise because on other versions (like MY for example) the cap was at like 130 when I stopped playing it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    We could all learn a lot from crayons, some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names (like chartreuse), and all are different colors....BUT they ALL exist very nicely in the same box!
    edited September 2009
    Options
    maybe they think the level cap will raise because on other versions (like MY for example) the cap was at like 130 when I stopped playing it

MY-EN cap is still 105 =)
  • FionaCattail - Sanctuary
    FionaCattail - Sanctuary Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    MY-EN cap is still 105 =)

how is that possible when they have an fb109?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    We could all learn a lot from crayons, some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names (like chartreuse), and all are different colors....BUT they ALL exist very nicely in the same box!
  • blindv
    blindv Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I was in a state of shock when i logged onto the forums and had to search on page 2 to find this thread. With this many people so upset about the latest patch how could this be buried on page 2... I guess patience is a virtue given enough time folks have stopped bothering to be upset an have either left or given up an carry on playing. I will patiently awaiting the new patch just to see if the Duke being shut up is the only "bone" the Devs,Gm's throw the 1000s of upset people. Each hour more and more high lvl items are dropped into our game, each passing hour brings more and more unnecessary coin added to an already flooded market, I see each day items being sold for 40+million. Some serious rethinking needs to be done about alot of in game happenings, lots of good ideas have been suggested here I just have to ask myself has my posts and the 100s of others who have posted here, have they fallen on deaf ears has our time been a waste will they allow a fantastic game be ruined by corporate greed or will they stand up an take notice....

Or maybe people realised that the PWE strategy to counteract upset players was:
    To wait it out. As the following will happen:
    - People complaining will leave, meaning less complaints and overall "happier community" (reminds me of the purging...)
    - People complaining will hope that the devs (or whoever else is in charge of the PR), will come up with a fantastic solution to save them all. As the GMs stated, they were taking notes to address our key issues, there must be some kind of feedback from all the notes they took (180 pages worth, not to mention the threads which were closed and locked. + all the tickets which were probably submitted.)
    - People will realise that this sale goes on for a month and hope either that the gold prices will fall during that time so they themselves can afford it, or start grinding to join the bandwagon.
    - Or people complaining will come to the realisation that maybe... just maybe... PWE doesn't care about our complaints and nothing will change? Its just a maybe.

Then again, I rather hope that they will come up with some solution, although its rather too late now. The damage has been done. The population of the servers has been weeded out into either:
    1. Happy bandwagoners (CSers and Non-CSers alike) who benefitted from this event (or at least partook in it/are doing so)
    2. Neutral individuals who either did not take part in the event, or bought minimal amount of it and just are happy with the 2x exp event and such.
    3. Unhappy individuals (either people who bought the packs and were not happy with the results or individuals who could not afford the packs and feel spited because they can't partake in the event.) who are still hoping for a cure.

In my opinion, the population ratios are prob skewed to the top (that is, category #2 individuals are most populous, followed closely by #1, and #3 category being very little individuals left.)

This (if true) was/is a great strategy on part of PWE. Not only do they create a "happier" community (by having those who are not happy with the update exit stage left). They also increase the proportion of CSers vs Non-CSers compared to before this event. As well as harden the population of this game to any other "mistakes" (in quotation marks because it may not have been a mistake in the view of PWE staff) they may commit in the future.

"Oh, it's not as bad as the anniversary packs." - Future PWIer

Just my two cents.

Bv

PS

Btw, why hasn't duke been silenced? Its been a few days now and that is one complaint that every category has. Either silence the duke (less advertisement for the packs but) or code it so it only shows the better drops (Tomes, gear, and flyers)

PPS

I completely forgot one other population they successfully weeded out:

The higher levels (80-10Xs) - Individuals who were getting to the top, and therefore probably bored very soon (although they still had gear farming to look forward to) due to this event, some of them also have left giving lower levels (than the previously mentioned range) a higher density and therefore more chances to "have fun"
    edited September 2009
    Options
    how is that possible when they have an fb109?

yea we have too.. there was hell open for while but not anymore we passed them on updates like ages ago only wat they have more is fashion ^^..they just got that genie/memoryleak patch lil bit over 1month ago and so far highest lvl on delphi is 103 or so my friend told meh =)
  • shlomo2
    shlomo2 Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    great point blindv, but I still think the kind of people who are here discussing and even arguing for a better game environment is the same kind who advertises and brings friends here. in other words, the power of those is not in here but taking players out of PW and preventing others from joining any game developed by PWE.
    I'm King_Solomon, from Heaven's Tear server.

If you're willing to join another online game, do NOT join any game hosted by K2 NETWORK. Wanna know why? See BBB complaints.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    blindv wrote: »
    Btw, why hasn't duke been silenced? Its been a few days now and that is one complaint that every category has. Either silence the duke (less advertisement for the packs but) or code it so it only shows the better drops (Tomes, gear, and flyers)

GMs have said they'll fix this in the next patch.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • ilystah
    ilystah Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Anyone got the patch note? I can't find it.
    At least new race is confirmed, for those who are skeptical.
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    blindv wrote: »
    Then again, I rather hope that they will come up with some solution, although its rather too late now. The damage has been done. The population of the servers has been weeded out into either:
    1. Happy bandwagoners (CSers and Non-CSers alike) who benefitted from this event (or at least partook in it/are doing so)
    2. Neutral individuals who either did not take part in the event, or bought minimal amount of it and just are happy with the 2x exp event and such.
    3. Unhappy individuals (either people who bought the packs and were not happy with the results or individuals who could not afford the packs and feel spited because they can't partake in the event.) who are still hoping for a cure.

I'm non of the above, actually. I'm just mad about Frostcovered combined with the packs. That's it. I think it's a really, really, really boneheaded move to completely change an instance, advertising all the NEW and EXCITING changes to it, only to have all that NEW, and EXCITING content be of minor consequence because nobody has to actually go in there, since the gear rewards available in there are now Cash Shoppable. It's quite simple and very logical why I'm mad.

A. They took what we had earned away. Not a biggie. Nobody was hurt too badly, since we're all starting on the same foot.

B. New quests? Sweet! Can't wait to get in there, and try them out. Good idea, PW.

C. Mobs drop gear? Instead of having to farm uber amounts of mats? I can go for that. Awesome!

So far, I had no complaints. They made it fresh, and actually obtainable to get into an area nobody had really messed with. I felt a tiny bit slighted, as I'd been in there before the update, but it would be great, since others would actually want to go in there. And then, we hit the catch.

D. What do you mean Frostcovered Gear from the Anniversary Packs?! Are you telling me that you just opened a brand new instance, only to give away the very gear we'd be trying to earn to some level 10 noob with Mommy's Credit Card? Awww, hell naw. BAD move.

Although not quite to the annoying extreme, it's also the reason people are upset about Lunar Glade gear being dropped from packs. Now, I know some people are all "Epic gear shouldn't take 2 months to obtain!" Actually? Yeah. It should. Think about it for a second. You have normal gear, 2-3 star gear, mold gear, TT gear, Frostcovered gear, and Lunar gear. Normal Gear takes no effort whatsoever. You buy it from an NPC. 2-3 star gear? You gotta put a little effort into. Get the mats, and make it yourself, or find the corresponding boss that drops 3 star gear. Same with molds. Some you can buy for a hefty fee + chips, others you farm a boss. Nothing too uberly time consuming, yet a little harder than the 3 star gear. Then you have TT. Every Veno and their dog farms TT. It's technically epic gear, but it is EASILY obtainable if you put your time to it, or even just buy the mats out of the AH. Most of them are dirt cheap.

Then, the line is drawn between people who put real effort into the game, and people who don't. Frostcovered City, and Lunar Glade. You should be the cream of the crop to have this gear. You should be the best of the best of the best. This is the gear for DEVOTED players. Were this another game, you'd have 100 man raids to obtain this level of epic. Why? Because it is of the highest caliber, second only to warsoul, which makes the worthy player a GOD in PW. You should have to earn it. You should have to work for it, day and night, with your friends, your faction, any way you can possibly obtain it. Now, before you go into "Only those who have no lives could possibly get that.", try to find a real point first. Shouldn't the rewards in a game go to people who... You know, actually PLAY the game? Not, the BIGGEST wallet? I've got a full time job. And I'm not going to spend my money on buying the uber gear. I'm going to actually earn it, even though I could easily just purchase my way to the top. Did I spend a little bit of spare change? Yeah. I did. I got my 79 skills. Something anyone could get simply by popping open a handful of packs, and purchasing pages. Not this garbage of having such a huge bank account, you buy pack after pack after pack until you guarantee you can get the uber gear.

To compare this to other games, not even online ones, it'd be like beating Halo on Legendary by tossing dollar bills at it, or buying your way through Expert on Guitar Hero, or to kick it old school, buying an invincibility code in Super Mario Bros. Hell, to compare it to plain old RPGs, it'd be like spending 50 dollars to max out your characters in a Final Fantasy. Games are not meant to be bought through. They're designed to challenge you, and reward you with the fact that you just pushed yourself past frustration and anger to achieve a goal, any goal.

I played Pokemon back in the day when it was good. You remember the battle system, right? Simple stuff, but if you took the time to learn it, you could be brutal. Well, I played a couple of guys one day, who had **** the game to max out their levels, and give themselves a party of legendaries. I wiped the floor with them. Why? Because while they were busy figuring out how to cheat the system, I was figuring out how to use it, learn it, and master it. I knew combos that would decimate parties, and bring anyone to their knees. I earned my victories through knowledge, and determination. I knew how to use what I had to its fullest potential.

And that's exactly what's wrong here. There are people who don't deserve the power, and might they are just being handed, because they've got a "****." Except this "****" has been handed to them by the Devs, in the form of a "Celebration of PW" This isn't a celebration of PW. Do you remember what PW used to represent? It sure as hell wasn't a money grab. PW had ads all over the place talking about how it was such an amazing game, and showed how beautiful, and awesome it was, and then hit us with the zinger. "Free to Play." You took us through a gorgeous description of your game, and then, at nearly the very end of your ad, mentioned that it was free to play. Money wasn't important. The quality of your game was. That's the exact opposite of what we're seeing today.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not bashing anyone of you who has spent money on this game. It's your choice to pay for entertainment, just as it's mine, or anyone else's. I'm just mad at a system that would allow someone who doesn't even understand what the terms FC, or LV even stand for to obtain gear that people who not only understand, but live those terms have been trying for months to obtain. Skills, other cash shop items, and food are no biggie. They're a big meh on the list of things in that pack. Chips, I'm kinda iffy on, since they'll allow people to obtain Warsoul, however, since you jacked us on the price of chips because Bounty Hunter came out, if this is your way of saying "Hey, we screwed up, have some easy to obtain chips.", then I accept your apology. But endgame gear? That was pure, and utter stupid. I just pray that the only reason you're releasing it now is because there is a level cap increase with the new expansion, because honestly? That's about the only way a lot of us are ever going to forgive you.
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I'm non of the above, actually. I'm just mad about Frostcovered combined with the packs. That's it. I think it's a really, really, really boneheaded move to completely change an instance, advertising all the NEW and EXCITING changes to it, only to have all that NEW, and EXCITING content be of minor consequence because nobody has to actually go in there, since the gear rewards available in there are now Cash Shoppable. It's quite simple and very logical why I'm mad.

A. They took what we had earned away. Not a biggie. Nobody was hurt too badly, since we're all starting on the same foot.

B. New quests? Sweet! Can't wait to get in there, and try them out. Good idea, PW.

C. Mobs drop gear? Instead of having to farm uber amounts of mats? I can go for that. Awesome!

So far, I had no complaints. They made it fresh, and actually obtainable to get into an area nobody had really messed with. I felt a tiny bit slighted, as I'd been in there before the update, but it would be great, since others would actually want to go in there. And then, we hit the catch.

D. What do you mean Frostcovered Gear from the Anniversary Packs?! Are you telling me that you just opened a brand new instance, only to give away the very gear we'd be trying to earn to some level 10 noob with Mommy's Credit Card? Awww, hell naw. BAD move.

Although not quite to the annoying extreme, it's also the reason people are upset about Lunar Glade gear being dropped from packs. Now, I know some people are all "Epic gear shouldn't take 2 months to obtain!" Actually? Yeah. It should. Think about it for a second. You have normal gear, 2-3 star gear, mold gear, TT gear, Frostcovered gear, and Lunar gear. Normal Gear takes no effort whatsoever. You buy it from an NPC. 2-3 star gear? You gotta put a little effort into. Get the mats, and make it yourself, or find the corresponding boss that drops 3 star gear. Same with molds. Some you can buy for a hefty fee + chips, others you farm a boss. Nothing too uberly time consuming, yet a little harder than the 3 star gear. Then you have TT. Every Veno and their dog farms TT. It's technically epic gear, but it is EASILY obtainable if you put your time to it, or even just buy the mats out of the AH. Most of them are dirt cheap.

Then, the line is drawn between people who put real effort into the game, and people who don't. Frostcovered City, and Lunar Glade. You should be the cream of the crop to have this gear. You should be the best of the best of the best. This is the gear for DEVOTED players. Were this another game, you'd have 100 man raids to obtain this level of epic. Why? Because it is of the highest caliber, second only to warsoul, which makes the worthy player a GOD in PW. You should have to earn it. You should have to work for it, day and night, with your friends, your faction, any way you can possibly obtain it. Now, before you go into "Only those who have no lives could possibly get that.", try to find a real point first. Shouldn't the rewards in a game go to people who... You know, actually PLAY the game? Not, the BIGGEST wallet? I've got a full time job. And I'm not going to spend my money on buying the uber gear. I'm going to actually earn it, even though I could easily just purchase my way to the top. Did I spend a little bit of spare change? Yeah. I did. I got my 79 skills. Something anyone could get simply by popping open a handful of packs, and purchasing pages. Not this garbage of having such a huge bank account, you buy pack after pack after pack until you guarantee you can get the uber gear.

To compare this to other games, not even online ones, it'd be like beating Halo on Legendary by tossing dollar bills at it, or buying your way through Expert on Guitar Hero, or to kick it old school, buying an invincibility code in Super Mario Bros. Hell, to compare it to plain old RPGs, it'd be like spending 50 dollars to max out your characters in a Final Fantasy. Games are not meant to be bought through. They're designed to challenge you, and reward you with the fact that you just pushed yourself past frustration and anger to achieve a goal, any goal.

I played Pokemon back in the day when it was good. You remember the battle system, right? Simple stuff, but if you took the time to learn it, you could be brutal. Well, I played a couple of guys one day, who had **** the game to max out their levels, and give themselves a party of legendaries. I wiped the floor with them. Why? Because while they were busy figuring out how to cheat the system, I was figuring out how to use it, learn it, and master it. I knew combos that would decimate parties, and bring anyone to their knees. I earned my victories through knowledge, and determination. I knew how to use what I had to its fullest potential.

And that's exactly what's wrong here. There are people who don't deserve the power, and might they are just being handed, because they've got a "****." Except this "****" has been handed to them by the Devs, in the form of a "Celebration of PW" This isn't a celebration of PW. Do you remember what PW used to represent? It sure as hell wasn't a money grab. PW had ads all over the place talking about how it was such an amazing game, and showed how beautiful, and awesome it was, and then hit us with the zinger. "Free to Play." You took us through a gorgeous description of your game, and then, at nearly the very end of your ad, mentioned that it was free to play. Money wasn't important. The quality of your game was. That's the exact opposite of what we're seeing today.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not bashing anyone of you who has spent money on this game. It's your choice to pay for entertainment, just as it's mine, or anyone else's. I'm just mad at a system that would allow someone who doesn't even understand what the terms FC, or LV even stand for to obtain gear that people who not only understand, but live those terms have been trying for months to obtain. Skills, other cash shop items, and food are no biggie. They're a big meh on the list of things in that pack. Chips, I'm kinda iffy on, since they'll allow people to obtain Warsoul, however, since you jacked us on the price of chips because Bounty Hunter came out, if this is your way of saying "Hey, we screwed up, have some easy to obtain chips.", then I accept your apology. But endgame gear? That was pure, and utter stupid. I just pray that the only reason you're releasing it now is because there is a level cap increase with the new expansion, because honestly? That's about the only way a lot of us are ever going to forgive you.
    Very Nice!

two-thumbs-up.jpeg
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    and with the new race, more bawing about gender restrictions...lol
This discussion has been closed.