Clerics in PvP???

Comments

• detrimentalist
    detrimentalist Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Full Attack Clerics are better at it then supports.

FAC Guide

However, that is not to say a support cleric can't get the job done. You just have to know your class.....Just don't really plan on beating a bm or wb b:chuckle....

is this guide a joke?
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    is this guide a joke?

honestly, no..

But if I were kidding, I would say its a joke lol.

Wt? Don't think FAC cleric with 999999999999999 hax Magic Attack with uber godlike heals can't be support? I mean they heal a lot more!!.... Like a lot..

For Defense? There's something called Apothcary hax pots. Be godlike with like 5 Vit.
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
  • Zosai - Harshlands
    Zosai - Harshlands Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Zephyrx, gratz on 50 :P. (ive seen u around forums @ level like 45.)

I'm going to roll cleric, but i pwn clerics (with moonlight bow :P). the only thing I hate is.... PLUME SHIELD T_T. its like YEAH i hit 600 non-crit(take aim :P), but on plume shield i hit a measly like 150 and they just quick heal. i 1 shot them with crits (take aim), but if they have good gear, I am lucky i have my charm :S. the only way i've ever killed a cleric WITH a charm is a lucky frost arrow crit took them 3/4 the way down after the charm ticked and plume shield went away.

FAC clerics r pretty good. with normal gear (fb19) at level 30, they hit me for like 250 with cyclone, which is about 1/4 my hp (which freaks me out because anytime I get hit for that much(% wise) I freak out lolz. I'ma nervous pker ;). I ALWAYS forget i have a charm to back me up and then just keep spamming spells at them xD. <
    doesn't work ((I don't use macros, they make PvP boring ;). ))

Any PURE type of class is going to be good, btw. (well most) I do INSANE dmg for my level (like 700-1100 base phys attack) ((lvl 30)) and I take down BMs and Barbs in 5 hits max, but with a damn cleric, if played right, it take me up to like 10 hits to take him down WHILE hes dealing dmg to me.

Moral of the story : FAC clerics r teh UBER 1337. idk what a cleric with the level 22 legendary item would be like *shivers* probablyl like 400 dmg a hit on me :S. I just run around and PK and if I see a gold glow cleric, run :).((ma wings r 2.5+ speed normal, so none my lvl can catch))

Clerics: OP Class (almost) If played correctly. Take it from me, Clerics r good for PK and PvP. (((All the times i find clerics they MAGICALLY ((((T_T)))) have plume shield and PvP on. *BUT* I hit them with fully charged take-aim first :S, so without charm i would b toast :).
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Zephyrx, gratz on 50 :P. (ive seen u around forums @ level like 45.)

Thx, once I hit 70.. It's going to even better b:laugh
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
  • Wtfxxxshot - Harshlands
    Wtfxxxshot - Harshlands Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    u can seal the bm for over 25 secs >.> if lucky i mean really who wouldnt finsh a fight in that time also its pk not duel...> rofl the cleric wont run to the bm and ask him to stun him now is he 0.o
  • Samalia - Sanctuary
    Samalia - Sanctuary Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    well heres my experience as an attack cleric. my only non attack skill is ironheart. and this is for DUELS ONLY.

blademaster -
    this will be easier the higher lv you get because your sleep will usually last long enough to distance yourself and then wipe them out in 1-2 hits.
    stop the initial stun! spark or do whatever. just make sure you stop it, then sleep them. elemental debuff them! this is crucial! most people are going to tell you "whats the point? their magic def is already so low"
    ignore that because its ****! if their magic def is only 1000 then 30% is going to knock them down to 700, thats a much bigger damage increase than if their magic def was 10000 and knocking it down to 7000. even though the numbers deceive you.
    sleep them, debuff, and if you have got a spark left use it now, but you probably wont because you used it at the start. (most likely) after that use cyclone - weild thunder - cyclone. if you have 1 spark left at any time use sirens kiss instead of cyclone, its stronger!! many people completely forget about this skill!! (of course this only applies if your sirens kiss is maxed!!)

archer -
    now there are 2 ways of going about this, the easy way, and the less easy way. start off with a plume shell. heal yourself with 2 ironhearts, now use cyclone incase they have their archer barrier up. this should knock it down.
    sleep them! elemental debuff, spark if you have it, and then weild thunder - cyclone (tempest if possible, it usually cant be done unless you mess up the combo or have 3 sparks)
    now for the easy way, if you know they dont have their barrier: plume shell, 2 ironhearts, double spark or sleep. doesnt really matter, then weild thunder cyclone, or tempest if sparks allow

cleric -
    doesnt really matter what you do, because they will do the same thing. make sure you know their armor, if they are light armor sleep, elemental debuff then tempest. as long as your debuff and tempest are both maxed for their level this will 1 hit the light armor cleric unless they are refined well.
    if theyre a robed, plume shell and then do what you need to do to 1 hit them.
    if they are heavy armor, well. is there really any way to lose here?

mage -
    this is about as easy as it gets. except for the heavy armor cleric of course :P
    now if youre over lv 79 youll have your shield and i know your going to want to throw that up right at the start of the duel, dont do that unless ur dumb!
    sleep them first. use an ironheart, maybe 2 depending on the lv of your sleep buff, then use your physical debuff (only if its maxed) then spark. if youre above lv 79 this is when you throw up your magic shield, or after the following razor feathers if you think they will still be sleeping by the time you start casting feathers, if youre not lv 79 im going to assume you arent going to use your magic shield. the feathers should kill them, 1 shot.

venomancer -
    basically same as mage with a plume shell thrown in at the start and right after your lv 79 shield wears off if needed.

barbarian -
    basically same as blade master except you dont need to avoid the stun because they dont hit high enough to kill you quickly. just spark and sleep as much as possible. dont bother with tempest though because its got no chance of 1 hitting and will make your overall dps lower than just using cyclone, weild thunder and possibly sirens kiss, though i doubt it for the third one. but if you do have it and have the sparks is excellent to use in this order to make up for weild thunders long cooldown (cyclone - weild - sirens kiss - cyclone weild.) but i dont think youll need the second weild after all of that.

there you have it. if there are any major flaws in my strategies, well thats because im only lv 66 and im yet to put the higher end of my strategies into affect, but any of the ones that are possible for a lv 66 have been tested and work! because i know my class fairly well and have a good knowledge of math and the breakdown of damage being dealt, i predict that this is the way a cleric should go about business. in my opinion from what ive seen, clerics are ultimately superior to all other classes, the only problem might be killing a barbarian in open pvp because their charm ticks before you can finish the job. so at this point you just survive and hope for a crit.
  • Samalia - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    ch2h5oh wrote: »
    There's a BM on Lost City with 11k Metal defense. Even worse, he's got 7k HP. Tempest hits him around 1.2k.

GL 2-3 hitting him.

um..????

if hes got some messed up non elite armor that has all the other magic def gone and metal def only.. well yeah sure he can take a cleric pretty easily. but hes going to be torn apart by EVERYONE ELSE

i would honestly love to see this

magic def
    metal - 11000
    wood - 0
    earth - 0
    water - 0
    fire - 0

anyone ever seen a mage do a non crit 15k in pvp?
  • Haiz - Lost City
    Haiz - Lost City Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    You mean this?

By the way, that BM that uses metal defense armor still has plenty of the other element resists.
  • shadowno1
    shadowno1 Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    hm cleric pvp....mistery....

but yes clerics in pvp 1v1 same lvl can beat any clas if u know to handle it.

First u need to know how to tank oponent and than how to kill him....il use bms coz someon sad thay are hardest for cleric..

bm...same lvl and ofc cleric must have also good gear..the powerful wepon against bms are ih and shield ..if u cast 3 ih u can be under stan with in 10 seconds with no braking throo ur hp even if he crit 2 time..than if something unespected happen cast plume shield...priti much thats about tanking if u wanna be sure and undifitabule agains mele use potsdue of god protection wich give u aditional difence and time for ur shield to recharge than just shield it again..

now killing part u can do like 2 hard shots ot several easier..lets do charm ticking use wield thunder charm is out than sleep debuf temp his maybe 1 ahot it temp i hi lvl if not than finish with GC.so thats all about mistery of bm ...if u dont belive it try it ....i did and mine biggest bm drop is zureils blade so clerics are not squishi at all as thay say thay are mean mashine...and iv seen some subject against wizis i mean wizzis c mon thay are basicaly food for clerics..lol..wel ask if anything not clear hehe
  • Samalia - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    haiz nice hits :P im not that high lv so i didnt know it was normal for that to happen, well i wouldnt say normal you did look to be pretty impressive but still. i doubt youd have any trouble 1 hitting that bm. which is what i was getting at
  • Deadbone - Lost City
    Deadbone - Lost City Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    You mean this?

By the way, that BM that uses metal defense armor still has plenty of the other element resists.

Haiz killing lowbies again b:sleep
  • Waterboy - Lost City
    Waterboy - Lost City Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    You mean this?

put that in ur signature instead of postin this everywhereb:bye
  • isusjecool
    isusjecool Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I got lvl 103 cleric and he hits 16k on pvp 4kb:cry
  • Acceptance - Harshlands
    Acceptance - Harshlands Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    umm im giving the winning combo^^ first bms are easy as long as u control the game u can kill em within the 10 secs hiero tick (b sure of being away from them)

now against wbs thing gets hard, at lvl 60 good wbs can have 6k hp, about 4800 with bloodbath . its almost impossible to take that without critical hit(double spark cyclone-wield-cyclone kills em if they dont stun or heal), the way? try to 1shot a barb^^
    heres combo wieldthunder, or cyclone till hes close half life, the closest, easiest.
    sleep him, u dont want him stunning while doing combo. (pray it longs 10 secs or so XD) debuff magic, double spark, genie amp and wield thunder. if u hav lvld magic debuff it must hit at least 2.6k and i crited 4k with this combo(so lucky^^) hope thats enough, if not, run away and QQ.
    also against physical allways use plume shell combine it with sleep to keep urself alive.
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    You mean this?

.... your hp is a joke, your a one shot to pretty much any class.. how doyou even TW with 4k hp buffed? maybe your missing all your armour or something.... lol i hope you are, or your the most fail wizard ive seen.
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shealu - Heavens Tear
    Shealu - Heavens Tear Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Yes cleric are good at pvp, if they were not why would they have pvp skills ?!!
    Just level the good skills and with a good experience you can find combo to kill efficiently b:dirty

cleric FTW
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    .... your hp is a joke, your a one shot to pretty much any class.. how doyou even TW with 4k hp buffed? maybe your missing all your armour or something.... lol i hope you are, or your the most fail wizard ive seen.

Wow, there's a reason you shouldn't stray from HT forums I guess.
    For one, this was over 4 months ago, secondly, I'd like to see any of you mother****ers pull off pure int at 90 without being a CS *****. It's incredibly hard to get decent HP as a pure wizard pre-96.

But I'll forgive you, you play on HT. If you were on my server I'd just oneshot you for your ignorance. Shame.
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Catriona - Lost City
    Catriona - Lost City Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    One thing I've noticed.... There are quite a few clerics that don't know how to play their class O.o When a level 68 takes out a level 80+... wow... I was attacked in the swamps by some red name cleric that I ended up turning the tables on x_x easiest kill ever. I was shocked to find they were level 80+ :/ hence why I say quite a few clerics don't know how to play their class.

I'm personally a bit of an HP build and I do fine in PvP as long as I'm not afk or attacked by someone 20 or 30 levels higher than me. ^^ and they usually meet a nasty surprise when I'm on a barb buff xD. You just have to find a good cycle of attacks and a style of play that suits you.

Barbs are hard as **** to take down... that's when you just run for it xD b:surrender surviving is better than being dead.
    Float like a butterfly; hit like a truck! b:chuckle
  • Moog - Lost City
    Moog - Lost City Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    ^
    Yeah the build you have is the best build for a cleric to have. You'll practically never die.
  • Wtfxxxshot - Harshlands
    Wtfxxxshot - Harshlands Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited September 2009

omg how the **** did u do that much without even crit =_= omg that was awesome b:dirty
  • Ewings - Heavens Tear
    Ewings - Heavens Tear Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    What I dont understand is, why do people think clerics are only good for heals? I often PK with squads or Solo. It seems that in squads Clerics tend to excel greatly. Some of the advantages are:

1)Sleeping the biggest threat on the opposite side n taking them out of the picture.

2) Rebuffing purged friends.

3)**** arcane classes with plume shots.(Demonic ones fire off like a machine gun)

4)Turtling on a target and keeping them occupied.

5)Debuffing HA,La targets(u top this off on a undined target, and u can let ur wiz shout with joy) and DDing them into Oblivion.

Some disadvantages though are:

1)U need an MP charm for Plume shell.
    2)Anti stun genie skills r a must.
    3)Have sum HP n pdef to sustain initial attacks.
    4)Casting gets interrupted alot (this is a major cause of sorrow in pve as well as pvp)

Thats just my 2 cents :P.
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Wow, there's a reason you shouldn't stray from HT forums I guess.
    For one, this was over 4 months ago, secondly, I'd like to see any of you mother****ers pull off pure int at 90 without being a CS *****. It's incredibly hard to get decent HP as a pure wizard pre-96.

But I'll forgive you, you play on HT. If you were on my server I'd just oneshot you for your ignorance. Shame.

rofl? one shot me? gl with that. not everyday i see a wizard hit me for 20k... actually... in real pvp.. its never happened. yes, im demon, and no i ahve never charged real life money on this game.

pure int wizard with 4.5k hp buffed is fail. if you dont have the refines to get your hp above 6k. then dont do it.

any arcane class that goes pure int without refines to back it up. is fail. end of story. 4.5k hp is a joke in PvP/TW. omg thats hilarious, big bad LC wizard is one shot to half the server. b:chuckle
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Allyson - Harshlands
    Allyson - Harshlands Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    rofl? one shot me? gl with that. not everyday i see a wizard hit me for 20k... actually... in real pvp.. its never happened. yes, im demon, and no i ahve never charged real life money on this game.

pure int wizard with 4.5k hp buffed is fail. if you dont have the refines to get your hp above 6k. then dont do it.

any arcane class that goes pure int without refines to back it up. is fail. end of story. 4.5k hp is a joke in PvP/TW. omg thats hilarious, big bad LC wizard is one shot to half the server. b:chuckle
    lol what an ediot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ima dudeb:angry
    youtube.com/watch?v=RZhg727Mtw0
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited September 2009

that was also when +6 was actually considered a high refine. if i remember correctly haiz also had some godly pdef back then too.
  • DEMONDREADZ - Harshlands
    DEMONDREADZ - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2009

lol for all u out there who thinks clerics cant pvp/pk talk to the greatest cleric in the business Ascii lol DONT EVER ARGUE!! everyone speaks in their personal opinion and experience so since most people dont make clerics for pvp/pk the class fails to shine in that aspect lol but for those who do your all gonna get owned :D when u meet a good battle cleric i personally got owned on my barb charmed with 8.6k hp ....at the time he was lvl 80
  • angelusdaemon
    angelusdaemon Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    i completely agree with ascii, 7x cleric on LC here (nynx ign, if u remember me yes i havn't played for laik agez but im comin back, prolly diff server though) when i was high 4x/low 5x i was bloodred. If you know beefums from lc ask him how hard i crit him for (if he can remember lol) srsly, clerics own in pvp i clearly remember tearing down archers and bm's many a time, even 1 shot a couple of bm's :D i rarely died and stayed bloodred all the way til i quit oh so long ago. so yeah, don't think clerics can't pk unless you've rolled as one, and if you can't pk as a cleric then you just fail :P
  • Elrond - Heavens Tear
    Elrond - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    if anyone has any videos of clerics PKing plz post em, thanks.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Are Clerics any good at pvp at all???

Cleric is a class that takes actual timing and skill in order to be used for PvP. Now.. I'm not saying other classes don't take timing or skill but clerics seriously need to be on the ball.

A BM that doesn't time his stuns and leaps properly might take some extra damage and have to run a bit more. A cleric that doesn't time things properly dies in a couple shots.

One of my marshals is a pretty badass cleric. He takes out WB and BM's 10 levels higher than him. Usually starts out by sleeping them, kiting, and stacking himself with ironheart for chi. As the sleep is wearing off he will use plume shell then spark and cyclone his HA opponents. Then he just rinses, washes, and repeats until he either gets a nice crit or their charm gets ****.

1 vs 1, he usually ends up without a scratch. Plume Shell minimized the BM/WB's attacks (WB's already don't hit very hard without perdition) and any damage that does go through is sucked up by the recently stacked ironheart. He'll also when necessary kite with his maxed wings hasted. A pole BM might be able to catch up and hit him but not much else.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kyna - Lost City
    Kyna - Lost City Posts: 1,597 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    b:surrender I think I was meant to play a cleric more than a BM since I find PvP on my cleric pretty... easy...

x_x unless I lag, then my timing is off and I'm a dead cleric. xD but that probably goes for everyone except for maybe a barb with a charm. (damn barbs and their HP.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the sig :D
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    Fanfiction found on the forums or at rikasstorycorner.deviantart.com
    LOST CITY! -> home to the original badasses of PWI b:cool
    ... and a few losers....