Pets, numbers, and sorting. Answer to the eternal "What's the best pet?" question !

Options

Comments

• Temptresss - Lost City
    Temptresss - Lost City Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Excellent thread.

I took the Astral Beetle King (the red one, Heptstral i think?) cause most of its stats beat out the Crystalline Magmite which everyone seems to buy, plus it's only lvl 3 so easy to capture early, and it comes with bash and tough lvl 1. I'm now lvl 36 and still find it to be an excellent tank. And since it's mage def is higher than Magmite i don't have to worry about it around mage mobs. I hated the size of the Magmite too, and sold it as soon as i compared it to my beetle king at lvl 17. I tried the regular beetle, but the one I picked out had didnt have the same skills as my beetle king so i gave it away.
  • gloomsong
    gloomsong Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    One thing really puzzles me...
    If we take the Lynxus family for instance, then the smallest is better than any bigger member of the family - if he reaches their level.

Is that true?
  • Nevedita - Dreamweaver
    Nevedita - Dreamweaver Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Excellent thread.

I took the Astral Beetle King (the red one, Heptstral i think?) cause most of its stats beat out the Crystalline Magmite which everyone seems to buy, plus it's only lvl 3 so easy to capture early, and it comes with bash and tough lvl 1. I'm now lvl 36 and still find it to be an excellent tank. And since it's mage def is higher than Magmite i don't have to worry about it around mage mobs. I hated the size of the Magmite too, and sold it as soon as i compared it to my beetle king at lvl 17. I tried the regular beetle, but the one I picked out had didnt have the same skills as my beetle king so i gave it away.

I have the lvl 3 beetle as my pet too! And I completely understand how you feel :) Right now Ruby is at lvl 50 and I love how it can take on both mag and phy mobs at once. Plus, with it's higher HP regen and the tough skill, it's heaven sent. Glad to see other Venos with Beetle King pets :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

>>Check us out at "kinetic.co.nr"! Join the movement today!
  • xxxdsmer
    xxxdsmer Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    has this been updated any? last i looked at it (before re-downloading it just now and having tried opening it with OO2) there were aLOT of numbers missing
    (and it might also have happened when i tried opening it with OO2.x)
    i'm pro all classes, and against none in particular..
    but the age old QQ about venos is just that. OLD.
    QQ'd about a nix lately? check out this thread n tell me who's "OP" lol..
    (copy and paste this to address bar):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=102172
  • I_Love_Pets - Heavens Tear
    I_Love_Pets - Heavens Tear Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    In 10 seconds, a pet can do 10*dps damage. That's why I say that dps including skills is the number to look at, and not peak damage.
    Of course if the pet has better peak damage, the skill damage will be greater, but this is included in the dps.

This was statistics. Now the way Solandri tried it is a bit different, very specific to pvp and this way more precise. I think it's possible to include the damage done in 10 seconds, as long as we find a formula.

Flesh Ream damage = Patk * 3

And so on... I did it for Bash so it's doable for anything. One more thing to do ! When I'll be back from holidays...

What do you mean by "acceleration"?
    Write down the formula and if I it wasn't for my wife, I'd marry you ! ;-)

tip tho i am quiet sure you thought about this but am not sure you quiet understand the machnics to and to over all picture even because like they said about spike dmg yes its usful and yes it plays mind games but the reason also it is so usful being this to if you have a skill that hits high each time it does hit and it hits higher per hit right for bash it hits once then stops however factor in ok this much if said skill bash can make some1 tick their charm and then you ream them the higher the spike dmg possible on the bash the more dmg possible with the ream thusfore if you do have them tick thier charm you have 10 seconds to kill them with ream and attacks ok as bash being a 1 hit skill with not DOT tho it hits hard you do want that as if u can tick their charm with the bash then the skill ream that hits hard at first then does massive DOT that is consistant tho the problem being that in pk you have 10 seconds to get said ream off and kill them once bash ticks said charm ok as if u can hit hard enough in 1 shot to tick the charm ream will end the battle with you attacking and them being bled it ends fast because you (broke) through the charm in the first hit and like i said and they said if you have a high spike dmg it can break through a charm then thye ream being next as ithits hard at first then does bleed evilly that being said you want to break through the charm in pk asap then u can kill them faster tho if u cant break through said charm with bash then the ream wont kill them either as they have to much hp to kill ior phy def to kill with that ect but other then the bug ect like i said though if u can break their charm in the first hit that most times decides who will live in the next 10 seconds to between ticks make sense or no

also i do have a question can you figure out the difference in these pets for me as i do wanna know which is better the quadrastal beetle or quadastral beelte king as i want to know which being better and possibly at lv 90 by wat % in the stats i dont know the entire formulabut i do agree it is very effective tho it cant probably figure out certain things and as noe of them pointed out it may be off but idk as you both proved that the same pets being in the same order the only dif being that the nums were differena little biti think you have the quadastal beetle's stats tho i can supply the stats for the currentlvl of said beetle king pet at lv 3 tho i wont know it at lv 9x that being said if the stats when you lv them being the stame increase per lv ill check if i can to idk but if i can i will and then ill post the lvl increase by the stats that you get by a lv 3 quad asteral beetle andf a lv4 quadastal beelte king then cn u find out the difference in stats for me if u can at lv 80 or 90 pls as my veno being lv80 but it would be nice to find out the stats and also by what % are they different at lv80 and 90 thx if you can ill post them later to by editing this post ok and replacing the info and such
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dont be fooled by looks.
    Even beauty can kill.

also wish they would fix the dam prob with my "join date" its way off>_>
  • EvilDragon - Dreamweaver
    EvilDragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    When taming a rare pet, is it better to upgrade your tame skill to the max? Or doesnt it really matter?
  • Arshies - Sanctuary
    Arshies - Sanctuary Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    When taming a rare pet, is it better to upgrade your tame skill to the max? Or doesnt it really matter?

rare pets usually comes with better skills than normal pets, example kowlin comes with max lv Flesh Realm
    Is a waste of coins upgrade pet skills if u can tame another pet with same skill or better skills updated yet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Arshies - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Options
    rare pets usually comes with better skills than normal pets, example kowlin comes with max lv Flesh Realm
    Is a waste of coins upgrade pet skills if u can tame another pet with same skill or better skills updated yet

But my question was not about the pet skills...
    I wanted to know if its better to upgrade the tame skill to the max (of your lvl) when taming a rare pet. Cuz most times there are more ppl there.
  • Arshies - Sanctuary
    Arshies - Sanctuary Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    But my question was not about the pet skills...
    I wanted to know if its better to upgrade the tame skill to the max (of your lvl) when taming a rare pet. Cuz most times there are more ppl there.

Personally I think upgrade skills is a waste of coins cuz u need 200k for only upgrade one lv
    If u can and want afford it then do it but if u check the rare skill most of then come low lv making it a few expensive upgrade all of they at your current lv

Examples at maxed skills:
    Frogling: Toxic Mist lv1, Shriek lv1, Boost lv1 / all max = 2m also u can add one more skill
    Snow Hare: Sandblow lv1, Pierce lv1, Shriek lv1, Boost lv1 / all max = 2.8m
    Shadou Cub: Flesh Realm lv1, Pierce lv1, Pounce lv1, Tough lv1 / all max = 2.6m
    Tabby Plumdrop: Flesh realm lv1, Howl lv1, Pierce lv1, Slow lv1 / all max = 3.2m
    Windwalking Pig: Bash lv1, Howl lv1, Tough lv2, Boost lv2 / all max = 2.4m
    Cuddly Pup: Bash lv1, Flesh Realm lv2, Threaten lv1, Slow lv2 / all max = 2.8m
    Kowlin: Bash lv1, Flesh realm lv4, Pierce lv2, Howl lv1 / all max = 2.4m
    Armored Bear: Bash lv1, Threaten lv2, Pounce lv2, Toughen lv5 / all max = 1.4m

All maximum lv skills are lv5 except Boost lv3 and Pounce lv2

Maybe the best options are Kowlin and Armored Bear cuz they are the most cheapest to upgrade and u can sell it and recover the coins wasted cuz both are very demand for ppl
    If I post something wrong I will appreciate a correction ;)
    b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Arshies - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Options
    ehhh can someone plz answer my question??
    2 ppl have quote me...both talkin about pet skills... -_-' (but thank for the info though ^^)
    in my second post I already said its not about the pet skills!!!!!!!!!!!!
    so..now again..what I wanted to know was: when taming a rare pet (where mostly there are more, like 15, ppl around) do you have to upgrade your tame skill to the max to have the best chance?
  • I_Love_Pets - Heavens Tear
    I_Love_Pets - Heavens Tear Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    ehhh can someone plz answer my question??
    2 ppl have quote me...both talkin about pet skills... -_-' (but thank for the info though ^^)
    in my second post I already said its not about the pet skills!!!!!!!!!!!!
    so..now again..what I wanted to know was: when taming a rare pet (where mostly there are more, like 15, ppl around) do you have to upgrade your tame skill to the max to have the best chance?

yes you should every lvl of tame = 5% increase in chance to succede that being said YES!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dont be fooled by looks.
    Even beauty can kill.

also wish they would fix the dam prob with my "join date" its way off>_>
    edited July 2009
    Options
    yes you should every lvl of tame = 5% increase in chance to succede that being said YES!

Thank you verry much for the answer ^^ b:thanks
  • Whorzilla - Heavens Tear
    Whorzilla - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    When talking about the astral beetles, are you referring to the small ones or the kings?

I see some people talking about having the kings, but I read it as the standard ones.

I'm lvling a pentastral beetle now.
  • geisterkatze
    geisterkatze Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    When talking about the astral beetles, are you referring to the small ones or the kings?

I see some people talking about having the kings, but I read it as the standard ones.

I'm lvling a pentastral beetle now.

The astral beetle kings have the bash skill in addition to the tough skill so they should be a little bit better while only being one level higher than the normal version.

I have tried a Redtail Minkii lately but I'm a little bit disappointed. It has slightly more hit points than my Sharptooth Wolfling at the same level. But the Wolfling makes more damage. If you already have the Sharptooth Wolfling from the appropriate quest I would not recommend the Redtail Minkii.
  • grandmat
    grandmat Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I use a Crystalline Magmite , i lvl'd to 50 but he didn't his exp is 1400/1400 and he is still at lvl 49 can you tell me why?
    edited July 2009
    Options
    grandmat wrote: »
    I use a Crystalline Magmite , i lvl'd to 50 but he didn't his exp is 1400/1400 and he is still at lvl 49 can you tell me why?

When you lvl up fighting and your pet has max exp he automatically lvls up too. But if he is max, and you lvl up by a quest, your pet doesnt get any exp. So he wont lvl up. Just kill 1 mob and he will lvl upb:victory

note: your pet doesnt get exp from quests...
  • chelseacraft
    chelseacraft Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Once again I've taken a lot of **** for repeating info on here about the sable minkii as being a great starter battle pet. I got called out by a pack of shrews telling me I'm stupid for saying sable minkii is a great tank pet till lvl 32. They insist magmite the only way to go, but ya know what? I don't see any magmites anywhere near where the venos start at or where they were (Broken Bridge) so unless you spend a ton of coin I don't see how a newbie veno is going to get a magmite just starting out.

I took the advice on this thread & tamed a minkii then someone dropped a magmite egg so I scooped it up free. I tried & tried using magmite because I wanted to look cool, but ya know what? Minkii is better on the lower levels & to learn on. I still have my minkii now just for sentimental reasons. It's the best pet I have had so far.

To all those putting down the minkii... shame on you! And get off your high horse with the attitudes. People have their right to an opinion without everyone getting butthurt about it. I think the numbers here don't lie.
  • nederlandse
    nederlandse Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    astral beetle > magmite

why?

because i'd like to see a magmite solo quinzi in early 5x's

6x magmite had issues with quinzi, while 5x astral beetle had a breezy time of it

'nuff said b:bye

EDIT: talked with the 6x, her build is LA but slightly vit-heavy, the slightly less mag *might* make a difference, but i sincerely doubt it

l\led, Level 4x Barbarian, Dreamweaver
    b:sad Had to leave his home in Kinetic b:sad
    (that's lower-case "L" btw)
    I love all these people who look at my level
    and assume I'm some nub that doesn't know
    what he's talking about... Sorry, I've been
    around since the East Coast servers launched.
    b:chuckle
  • Jadefu - Dreamweaver
    Jadefu - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Is there a way to lvl your pet skill, withoput paying an arm or a leg for it.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Is there a way to lvl your pet skill, withoput paying an arm or a leg for it.

I heard they also take your first born.....

Not really any other way.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
    edited July 2009
    Options
    astral beetle > magmite

why?

because i'd like to see a magmite solo quinzi in early 5x's

6x magmite had issues with quinzi, while 5x astral beetle had a breezy time of it

'nuff said b:bye

EDIT: talked with the 6x, her build is LA but slightly vit-heavy, the slightly less mag *might* make a difference, but i sincerely doubt it

It can do it.. so can any pet with ranged attack or cub or quinfu... Quinzi has a mix of patk and matk, although at range it only uses magic. One way to deal with him is for you to tank his magic damage, very easy, and have golem or scorpion DD. If you use a ranged pet, than you can just heal the pet, the magic attacks as not as often, so it is a little easier to tank, however, if you have tough or threaten on the golem, it is not that hard to do it either, although it is not his strong point, the magic attack tanking. Golem shines against physical mobs with the ocasional magic attack, not as a magic attack tank...

As posted before, what makes the golem good is the combination of high pdef, decent HP, and very high attack, with average mdef. It is good at grinding in with mobs that use patk (like pretty much all the sub level 50 ones), and it can survive a some magic when closing in, if needed
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • nederlandse
    nederlandse Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    It can do it.. so can any pet with ranged attack or cub or quinfu... Quinzi has a mix of patk and matk, although at range it only uses magic. One way to deal with him is for you to tank his magic damage, very easy, and have golem or scorpion DD. If you use a ranged pet, than you can just heal the pet, the magic attacks as not as often, so it is a little easier to tank, however, if you have tough or threaten on the golem, it is not that hard to do it either, although it is not his strong point, the magic attack tanking. Golem shines against physical mobs with the ocasional magic attack, not as a magic attack tank...

As posted before, what makes the golem good is the combination of high pdef, decent HP, and very high attack, with average mdef. It is good at grinding in with mobs that use patk (like pretty much all the sub level 50 ones), and it can survive a some magic when closing in, if needed

yes, i know it can do it, i've seen it. i'm just sayin the astral beetle did it stress-free, whereas the magmite required extra work...

also, i'm not referring to any other pets, so please dont bring extra players into the park b:thanks

l\led, Level 4x Barbarian, Dreamweaver
    b:sad Had to leave his home in Kinetic b:sad
    (that's lower-case "L" btw)
    I love all these people who look at my level
    and assume I'm some nub that doesn't know
    what he's talking about... Sorry, I've been
    around since the East Coast servers launched.
    b:chuckle
  • robert1987
    robert1987 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    hi, can some one please tell me Shaodu Cub coordinates in harshlands server i want to tame one :)
    edited July 2009
    Options
    yes, i know it can do it, i've seen it. i'm just sayin the astral beetle did it stress-free, whereas the magmite required extra work...

also, i'm not referring to any other pets, so please dont bring extra players into the park b:thanks

Why not? You mentioned astral, I mentioneds others that can also do it stress-free.....
  • _xy_ - Sanctuary
    _xy_ - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    ha ha
    By the way I have my starting scorpion and leveled bash and bought toxic mist b:thanks and you know what?! Love it!!!!
    It's better then magmite - I hate them cause they are big and very slow, but yeah have greath def. But I can still kill higher level mobs then me and bosses. b:victory
    So my scorpion really suits for me!
    And about question "What's the best pet?" I can say that every veno should try to find out which pet suits to her! b:victory
    By the way Herc and Phoenix- they are expensive so I'll probably stick with my awesome scorpion! (oh and yeah scorpion has greath attack!)
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options

Magmite can kill that at 53, as long as you have the 53 heal. Finding a pet that's suited to killing Qingzi no later than 49 is the real trick, since 50 is where you take the next reduction in drop rates.
  • geisterkatze
    geisterkatze Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    The lower the level of the pet when tamed the higher the attributes/stats, right? But higher level pets come with better skills. So there is a reason to tame a higher level mob, right? Or is it better to purchase the skills later on? Are the skills that important compared to the attributes/stats?
    edited August 2009
    Options
    The lower the level of the pet when tamed the higher the attributes/stats, right? But higher level pets come with better skills. So there is a reason to tame a higher level mob, right? Or is it better to purchase the skills later on? Are the skills that important compared to the attributes/stats?

Example:
    Either you choose a pet with high stats (high def..) and low lvl skills (bash lvl1) Or you choose a pet with high lvl skills (bash lvl 4) but with much lower stats (low def..)

The stats of a pet are the way they are, but the skills can be upgraded.
    So better get a pet with the best stats ^^
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    How would having Excorsim on Golem be for Pet Skills
    It is called something different in game this would give the golem more mag.def.

I like this one betterVeno Pet Skills

The skill is Prote.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Nehemiah - Harshlands
    Nehemiah - Harshlands Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    How would having Excorsim on Golem be for Pet Skills
    It is called something different in game this would give the golem more mag.def.

I like this one betterVeno Pet Skills

The skill is Prote.

Well the pet buffs, like flesh ream, bash and elemental bashes, are multiplied increase instead of statistic increase. it gives like +30% insead of +3000 so the golem would have a lesser increase, it would be better to greatly expand on it's strengths rather than slightly cover it's weakness. having an extrra pet skill slot would be great. imagine a nix with flesh ream, protect, claw, blessing and strong

PS: why not add an air and water list?