Pets, numbers, and sorting. Answer to the eternal "What's the best pet?" question !

Comments

• Araya_Souren - Sanctuary
    Araya_Souren - Sanctuary Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Indeed, this list wasn't updated by the original poster(who may not be longer playing this game).

As already mentionned all over this forum:
    Glacial Walker beat the old crystalline in tanking, with better hp and mdef(rest is similar at higher lv). I added Bash and leveled it for agro keeping.
    Dark Wanderer is a very good DD with excellent pdef, while the Seamonter Guardian has similar DD power with very good mdef instead.

I use both the Walker and the Seamonster, and I like how fast the last one kill when I'm grinding.

can you please post their stats at a higher level
    i read everywhere how good they are but i've never seen someone post so i can compare it with something
    and ecatomb's site hasn't been updated with pet stats for so long
    would be nice for people who use them to share so that the community of venos can use the info
  • jessie11
    jessie11 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    b:dirty ty this has hlp alot (Hightimejones) truesite.
    bump for great justice! (this is how you let others know its done lol)
  • jessie11
    edited April 2010
    b:cry hello im trying to find a great water pet can u tell me with one to get? hightimejones truesite..
    jessie11 wrote: »
    b:dirty ty this has hlp alot (Hightimejones) truesite.
  • jessie11
    edited April 2010
    b:sad hello is there a web site for loc of pets there is so many that i would like to have.lol (jessie11) hightimejones Truesite....
    bump for great justice! (this is how you let others know its done lol)
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited April 2010
  • Shulamac - Sanctuary
    Shulamac - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    can you please post their stats at a higher level
    i read everywhere how good they are but i've never seen someone post so i can compare it with something
    and ecatomb's site hasn't been updated with pet stats for so long
    would be nice for people who use them to share so that the community of venos can use the info
    Yes, this would be very helpful..

Anyone? b:thanks
  • Aniella - Harshlands
    Aniella - Harshlands Posts: 729 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    o.o* uh....okei
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

QQ If i did Crazy stone at 3x AND not 6x, i had been lvl 105 now!
    Didnt know about Bh/CrazyStone before lvl 6x LOL
  • Brynhilde - Raging Tide
    Brynhilde - Raging Tide Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Well, my question is- where are the froglings located? I cannot find them and it seems noone will tell me!
    Pet ranking using stats and maths

~-oOo-~

What's the best magical def pet ? Is it better to have high armor or high HP ? What are the fastest pets ?
    All (well, almost) your questions about numbers answered now !

I created a spreadsheet (thank you Openoffice) listing most pets you can tame in the game, their growing charts and their base stats. I included the growing formulas, so that it's possible to have pet stats at any level. (I couldn't do that with the Patk, because no one found the exact formula yet. And believe me, I tried.)

~-oOo-~

Now, how do I use it ?
    Well, it's time for you to find the sort option. You can sort by anything you want, but you should try :
    - Overall Def Score (this one includes dodge even if it's experimental)
    - Pdef Score (the one with dodge is still experimental)
    - Mdef score
    - Dps at lvl 90 with Bash
    - Moving speed
    The score thing is explained later.
    You can change the level considered on the second sheet (labelled config) in B1. Pay attention, the stats will be right only for pets which have a tame level lower than the level you choose. Don't check Magmite stats at level 5...
    There are holes in my data : this concerns mostly pets with red names. Do not blindly take numbers as they are, for example a moving speed of 0.8 doen't mean that the pet is very slow, but it means that I don't have the moving speed when tamed. Also there can be roundoff errors, but that's not really a problem because the difference won't be noticeable ingame.

~-oOo-~

Now, what about this 'score' thing ?
    The def score takes into account both HP and armor. The base idea is simple : what would be the equivalent HP if the pet has no armor, but with the same survivability ?
    Let's say a pet has a Mdef which reduce the damage taken by 50% and 1000 HP. It would be as strong if he has 0 armor but twice the HP, 2000 (well, not for your heal...). 75% reduction and 1000 HP is the same thing as having 4000 HP, and so on.

Another way of thinking about it would be :

~-oOo-~

So where's your magical table ?
    Here it is !

~-oOo-~

You document is too big, I'm lost. Can you resume it ?
    Okay, here are some top tens in decreasing order. Only for land, non-ranged pets. And only the lower tame level of the family. And at level 90.

Top 10 overall def :
    Baby Hercules
    Shaodu Cub
    Armored Bear
    Astral Beetle (Hept-, Pent-, Quadr-)
    Crystalline Magmite
    Qingfu (Emerald, Jaden, Verdant)
    Tuskmoor (Plainswalker, Riverside, Doft)
    Tauroc (Angler, Logger, Stevedore)
    Rhinodrake (Billabong, Boondock, Plainswalker)
    Frogling

Top 10 Pdef (without dodge as it's still experimental) :
    Baby Hercules
    Crystalline Magmite
    Armored Bear
    Shaodu Cub
    Tauroc (Angler, Logger, Stevedore)
    Minkii (Mongoose, Redtail, Sable)
    Overclocked Mechrab

Top 10 Mdef :
    Baby Hercules
    Armored Bear
    Shaodu Cub
    Frogling
    Rhinodrake (Billabong, Boondock, Plainswalker)
    Carapest Terror
    Guardian Wolf

Top 10 Dps, including Bash lvl 5 (Be warned, I don't have all the numbers ! The last one don't have a high attack) :
    Baby Hercules
    Scorpion (Pollen, Pup, Varicose)
    Crystalline Magmite
    Antelope Pup
    Nine Tail Foxie
    Bloodthirsty Adalwolf
    Kowlin
    Cuddly Pup
    Frogling

Top 11 ('cause there are ex aequo) Moving speed (Hey, where's the Hercule ? The baby is too fat, he's only 13th) :
    Kowlin
    Nine Tail Foxie
    Cuddly Pup
    Petalii Hexkiss
    Clever Cactopod
    Steelhide Grimalkin
    Huggy Hare
    Armored Bear
    Tabby Plumdrop
    Mastiff of the Great Divide
    Guardian Wolf

~-oOo-~

This is too simple, I simply don't believe it. So, where's the trick ?
    There's no trick, but there are limitations, of course.
    - The HP recovery has not been taken into account, because 1) I don't see how to do it and 2) No one has the numbers.
    - Actually, lots of def is better than lots of HP, because it has the same survivability and you can heal faster, thus saving mana and time. If your heal is 500 and you pet has 1000 HP and 75% damage reduction, you'll need 2 heals, while with 4000 HP and no amor, you'll need 8 heals... But I don't see how to include it in the sheet. You can have some clues by sorting by HP.
    - Hit rate (not hit speed) has not been taken into account, because it strongly depends on the opponent. But it has an effect for sure.

What are all these formulas you're using ? Did you find them yourself ?
    I found almost all of them, yes. I saw on some sites that some of them where found by others too, so they shouldn't be too bad! ;-)

Now, here they are :
    Score :
    - PSurvivabilityScore = HP / ( 1 - %ReducFromPdef ) / ( 1 - %Evade )
    %ReducFromPdef is the percent damage reduction from pet's armor (see later for the formula). Actually it's a ratio, between 0 and 1.
    (1-%ReducFromPdef) is the ratio of the damage the pet actually receives.
    HP / ( 1 - %ReducFromPdef ) is the equivalent HP the pet would have if it had no armor and the same survivability.
    As I stated before : Let's say a pet has a Pdef which reduce the damage taken by 50% and 1000 HP. It would be as strong if he has 0 armor but twice the HP, 2000 (well, not for your heal...). 75% reduction and 1000 HP is the same thing as having 4000 HP, and so on.
    Same goes for evasion.
    - MSurvivabilityScore = HP / ( 1 - %ReducFromMdef )
    Same here as Pdef, but without evasion. I guess that's why the average Mdef is higher than Pdef: you don't evade magic. Of course, 'cause it's magic!
    - SurvivabilityScore = ( PSurvivabilityScore + MsurvivabilityScore ) /2
    The mean, simply.

%Reduction:

- %ReducFromPdef = Pdef / ( Pdef + 40 * Lvl )
    - %ReducFromMdef = Mdef / ( Mdef + 40 * Lvl )
    - %Evade = Evasion / (Evasion + 40 * Lvl ) / 2 (?) seems to work, if anyone can confirm...

Dps:
    - Dps = Patk * HitSpeed + BashDps
    - BashDps step by step:
    BashDps = %BashDamage * Patk * BashInterval
    BashDps = %BashDamage * Patk * HitSpeed / Bash#HitInterval
    BashDps = %BashDamage * Patk * HitSpeed / ceil( BashCooldown * HitSpeed )

GrowthChart:
    (by level)
    - HPInc = 20 + 2.5*pts
    - P/MdefInc = (160 + 20*pts) / 3 = 53.33 + 6.67*pts
    - HitInc = (40 + 5*pts) / 3 = 13.33 + 1.67*pts
    - EvasionInc = (80 + 10*pts)/9 = 8.89 + 1.11*pts
    - Speed = +0.1 at each lvl x0

~-oOo-~

On which web sites did you find all these informations ?
    - http://snowbloom.110mb.com/pi.htm
    Screenshots, growth charts and locations of all pets lvl 1 -> 60+

- http://perfectworld.clanfree.net/familiergraphique.htm
    http://perfectworld.clanfree.net/pet1a10.htm
    http://perfectworld.clanfree.net/compapet.htm
    Growth charts numeric values, starting stats, screenshots, comparisons (in French)

- http://kanbisekai.wikiwiki.jp/
    Like the previous site, but more accurate and more complete. (in Japanese)
    I used http://74.125.39.132/translate_c?hl=en&ie=UTF8&langpair=ja|en&u=http://kanbisekai.wikiwiki.jp/%3F%25CD%25C5%25C0%25BA%25CD%25D1%25A5%25DA%25A5%25C3%25A5%25C8&usg=ALkJrhhV4jGky5Yhxc77L6xKXNnBMyikfg
    and Yahoo Translate to understand it.

- http://www.ecatomb.net/petstat.php
    Pet stats at 90 (seems to come from the japanese or french site, but with PWI names)

~-oOo-~

What pet do you personnaly use ?
    I used a Sable Minkii for a long time, then I changed server and wanted to try something else. It was fast, rather good defense, average attack, and a funny animation when hitting.
    I currently use a Pentastral Beetle which has lots of HP and defense, and its color fits well with the fox form I use. I just tamed a red Weeping Scorpion Queen as a dps pet, but I still have to try it.

Yes, I tried the Magmite. And hated it : 1) everyone has it (that was before Herc existed), 2) too big, I couldn't clic on mobs, 3) too damn slow ! And 4) everyone already had it.
    I had a very cute Snow Hare (don't you think its noise is like one of a camera? It makes me want to take screenshots ;-) ) but I didn't find it very useful, apart in towns...
    For an air pet I used both a Petite Sawfly ('cause I'm French) and a Pinnaer Foxwing ('cause I use fox form), but as there's not much air quests, I can't tell a lot about them...

I'm planning on trying an Antelope Pup, because it's cute and has a strong attack. An Eldergoth Marksmann one day, maybe...

~-oOo-~

You bloody idiot, you made a stupid mistake over there ! Do you think I wouldn't see it ?
    Oops, sorry, I'll try to correct it fast... Just tell me where and what !

By the way, constructive comments are appreciated ! Thanks.

~-oOo-~

Edit: Some more explanations about the formulas. Thanks Solandri !
    Edit: Correction of the confusion between Patk and Dps. Thanks Obsessed !
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Best pet: The Magic Hamster.
    Me level up on me own, can tank magic bosses, etc etc.
    b:chuckle
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rinuruc
    rinuruc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    anyone have the excel file of the other topic??? (the one with all data of all pets)
  • Mitties - Dreamweaver
    Mitties - Dreamweaver Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    rinuruc, please stop spamming, and necroing old threads. If you have a question, please post a new thread and we the community will do our best to answer your question.
    [Insert pithy quote here.]
  • Batista - Dreamweaver
    Batista - Dreamweaver Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Still using my Vericose Scorpion and considering leveling a Sea Monster. I've decided to stick with the Crystalline Magmite.
    Batista (85 Cleric) {Semi-Retired Character}
    Venom (55 Venomancer) {Main Character - On Vacation}
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    territorywar.info (Dreamweaver TW Maps) (Updated 08/28/2010)
    battleoftheimmortals.com (Under Major Construction)
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    rinuruc, please stop spamming, and necroing old threads. If you have a question, please post a new thread and we the community will do our best to answer your question.

necroing doesnt apply to stickies because.... they are stickies....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darkrai51
    darkrai51 Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    i think the 2 diffirent magmites (volcanic and crystalline) are two good lower lvl pets because ive had my crystalline magmite for a long time and its lvl 40 and its skills do usually around over 800 and its normal attacks do over the 700s...also it has good defence for its damage physical wise and it has decent hp right now...over 1000...also the wingwalking piggy is one of the best air tanks you'll ever find
  • SerenityMare - Dreamweaver
    SerenityMare - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,211 Arc User
    edited July 2010

LMAO! Ownage XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited July 2010

Tis true.
    b:avoid

And everyone knows the best pet be the MagicHamsta pet.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SerenityMare - Dreamweaver
    SerenityMare - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,211 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Tis true.

MagicHamsta pet has 99% chance to overkill by its cuteness!

WIN!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited July 2010

Unfortunately, the spawn site of the MagicHamsta is a closely guarded secret, known only to a select few... and they haven't shared with me, curse them!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • TailsCat - Raging Tide
    TailsCat - Raging Tide Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    but why do so many use glacial walkers! b:questionb:question
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]To Every story there is Two sides They may be told Differently but doesn't that make the story more instresting :D?
  • Im_cool - Raging Tide
    Im_cool - Raging Tide Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    what pet is a good one for dps and tanking, i dont need a pet that can take hrs of brutal fighting without breaking a sweat and i dont need one that does a million damage, what i do want is one that can take a hit and can dish it back out. what is good for this?
  • rinuruc
    rinuruc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    what pet is a good one for dps and tanking, i dont need a pet that can take hrs of brutal fighting without breaking a sweat and i dont need one that does a million damage, what i do want is one that can take a hit and can dish it back out. what is good for this?

seeing your avatar ur level 20,... i would say a glacial walker,... they do good DD and are best phys-tank before herc. they suck at taking magic hits, but they dont happen very often.
    if you want best DD u need a scorpion. the ones that are level two, tame one of those and u have best land-DD-pet there is. The scorpions have a rather low pdef, and a decent mdef. I have both of those, and i like it. If the scorpion can handle it, i use scorpion, coz he hits higher. If scorpion cant handle than the walker does a decent job. (and if its magic mobs, i use armoured bear, but that one s lvl 80 so thats no option for u yet)
  • Tasarie - Harshlands
    Tasarie - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    how i can give a pet? please
  • Lilithica - Lost City
    Lilithica - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    in the encyclopidia under monsters there is somthing called Winged Wolfkin Lv30 and is it a real in game monster and if it is where is its location?????
  • mrsimpsonx
    mrsimpsonx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Will they ever make pet bar customizable??
  • Rinoha - Lost City
    Rinoha - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    hercules lo mejor xD
    b:chuckleb:chuckleb:chuckle
  • shinndude
    shinndude Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Thx for the help!
    I really do think im a better veno!
    I know i spend less mp now =P
  • Nuku_Nuku - Raging Tide
    Nuku_Nuku - Raging Tide Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    what about the tideborn pets?
    my glacial walker was far better than any magmite i tried.
    please update your first post,if u r still here, to include the tideborn pets. um if this has already been done than my bad and sorry to butt in.
    i'm level 56 using level 18 gear, looks sexy, and my walker kicks ****. i love the way it takes its head off and shakes it about. who knows why it does it.
    ALLONS-Y!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The many sides of a Venomancerb:victory
  • cheshifox
    cheshifox Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    thank you!!
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Who says Venos need pets and eat your hear out Barbs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_jaL16PQO8

Nice music by Scandal my era.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Lianxiang - Heavens Tear
    Lianxiang - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Sorry for this nub Question b:surrender
    But i finaly get my Herc and read that Pounce should be replaced with Bash.
    Is this right ?

I don't want to do a Mistake with my Herc ^^''
    Assassin - Level 9x (Demon
    LA Venomancer - Level 9x (Sage)
    Archer - Level 9x (Sage)
    Barbarian - Level 7x