v182 Update discussion thread.

Options

Comments

• GriffinJ - Harshlands
    GriffinJ - Harshlands Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    But it is TO EASY to obtain with gold Grenray. They should have added 3 different types of birthday gifts to the game. Making it so that if you were lvl 1-35 you could open type 1 if you were lvl 36-70 you got type 2 if you were 70+ you could get type 3. The different types would be consistent with the items you could get from your monster lvl type. Which means if you were lvl 70+ you could get end game items and that would be the ONLY lvls that could.
  • Cenminator - Dreamweaver
    Cenminator - Dreamweaver Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    omg do you people still not realize how rare these awesome weapons and armors are? people have spent thousands of dollars and not recieved one. its not like you can go buy 50 packs and get a full set of armor, i have been buying and selling gold and anniversary packs and am up to 7k tokens of luck. i have recieved about 20 best luck tokens (which all got traded in for 10 mil notes so i could buy more gold), a lobster, several platinum charms, and lucky me a lvl 95 godly magic ring. all that from about 500 packs. still think its easy to get stuff?
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    omg do you people still not realize how rare these awesome weapons and armors are? people have spent thousands of dollars and not recieved one. its not like you can go buy 50 packs and get a full set of armor, i have been buying and selling gold and anniversary packs and am up to 7k tokens of luck. i have recieved about 20 best luck tokens (which all got traded in for 10 mil notes so i could buy more gold), a lobster, several platinum charms, and lucky me a lvl 95 godly magic ring. all that from about 500 packs. still think its easy to get stuff?

yes. that ring would have taken you 3 months+ otherwise. you can't even open the dungeon to farm it yet. learn the game, you got an endgame item that would take 3 months to farm in 4 days.
  • FionaCattail - Sanctuary
    FionaCattail - Sanctuary Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    aside from the fact that the event is causing gold to go even more through the roof,

I'm pissed that they removed solo mode from frost.. on top of that, they gave **** rewards for the items you currently have.. also.. why do the forges in frost say that they require the old mats for weapons and stuff rather than the new mats?

gold could be controlled.. just put an npc in that buys/sells gold for a set amount.. period.. (like 120k/G or even 100k/G which is what it was way back when I started) (I missed the "1 yr gift" by 15 days..)

on a side note.. the GMs and Devs try to say that it's not all about the $ with them.. yet, PW announced a 60% profit in the 2nd 1/4 of 2009.. so.. 60% profit, but not about the $.. how does that work?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    We could all learn a lot from crayons, some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names (like chartreuse), and all are different colors....BUT they ALL exist very nicely in the same box!
    edited September 2009
    Options
    yes. that ring would have taken you 3 months+ otherwise. you can't even open the dungeon to farm it yet. learn the game, you got an endgame item that would take 3 months to farm in 4 days.

you are 95 and you think 95 is endgame gear? are you done playing then, i have my TT 90 weapon already farmed the mats myself, is that too early for "endgame" gear. or is 95 endgame and not 90? what's the level cap again?
  • narc0tix
    narc0tix Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    you are 95 and you think 95 is endgame gear? are you done playing then, i have my TT 90 weapon already farmed the mats myself, is that too early for "endgame" gear. or is 95 endgame and not 90? what's the level cap again?

Lmao. You obviously need to learn the game. Those 95 rings/weapons.helsm etc are the best in the game right now. Most of them take 3-5 months to farm.
    Nova - Marksman / Bard
  • schloop
    schloop Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

The ring is end game cuz it's basically the best ring there is.
    edited September 2009
    Options
    narc0tix wrote: »
    Lmao. You obviously need to learn the game. Those 95 rings/weapons.helsm etc are the best in the game right now. Most of them take 3-5 months to farm.

your right i've only played for 11 months and played every class to at least 60and all but barb to 70, have 2 in the 80's and 2 in 90's, but i should probably learn the game. what im trying to say is the gear is obtainable without the packs and i don't understand why you all call it endgame gear when there will be better gear available after level cap is increased. before you all go saying it will be forever before they increase it, i know, don't care, plan on playing this game a lot longer still.
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    ...after level cap is increased...

I honestly don't get why people think the level cap might increase. As I said in a different post:
    It takes as much xp to get from 104-105 as 1-104
    Last I checked, no one was remotely close to 105.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I honestly don't get why people think the level cap might increase. As I said in a different post:

So what? NO ONE has to hit the level cap in order for them to raise it. The entire point of needing that much exp is so NO ONE will reach the cap!

Once the cap goes up, the exp needed will drop dramatically.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Eternalnub - Heavens Tear
    Eternalnub - Heavens Tear Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

100-105 is called soft cap :)
  • TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    So what? NO ONE has to hit the level cap in order for them to raise it. The entire point of needing that much exp is so NO ONE will reach the cap!

Once the cap goes up, the exp needed will drop dramatically.
    and then we'll have the level 100+ whining cuz they wasted weeks and months to get near the cap
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    Options
    and then we'll have the level 100+ whining cuz they wasted weeks and months to get near the cap

That's what they get for trying to level so fast. Taking your time to level always gets you better stuff in the end.
    Main characters
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    Falls - Sanctuary Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    OMG, do you people still not realize how rare these awesome weapons and armors are? people have spent thousands of dollars and not received one. its not like you can go buy 50 packs and get a full set of armor, i have been buying and selling gold and anniversary packs and am up to 7K tokens of luck. i have received about 20 best luck tokens (which all got traded in for 10 mil notes so i could buy more gold), a lobster, several platinum charms, and lucky me a level 95 godly magic ring. All that from about 500 packs. Still think its easy to get stuff?

The very fact that people have paid "thousands of dollars" on those Anniversary Packs is proof enough that they believe those items to be worth it. It is a free market, and the price of in game coin compared to gold is enough of an indicator that the value of the Cash Shop items (Especially after this update.) far outweigh the value of the in game items. Heck, even the low, low, chance as you claim is good enough to keep people opening packs.

Lastly, is it easy to get this stuff?

Depends, do you mean does it involve any effort playing the game? Is it easy to swipe a credit card? Yes it is easy, in terms of "gameplay" getting these items is quite easy. No Lunar Bosses here.
  • TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    That's what they get for trying to level so fast. Taking your time to level always gets you better stuff in the end.
    LOL

are u blaming them for levelling fast ? that's a good thing not a bad one and they don't deserve to see their efforts destroyed like they did to many of us with this new update
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

QFT

I mean, we all know the dificulty of leveling up as well as the difficulty of getting gear had made many people to leave the game at 60's

So, if the problems are fixed, you will have more people wining about it.

However, going foward, this will be better for everybody.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    Options
    LOL

are u blaming them for levelling fast ? that's a good thing not a bad one and they don't deserve to see their efforts destroyed like they did to many of us with this new update

No, its reasons like this that leveling too fast is a bad thing. You see, I'm not high enough level to care about the kind of gear in the boxes, so I never even started to try to get any of it. I have lost no effort at all. Leveling fast only leads to ruin with things like this, and getting bored with nothing to do. Take your time leveling, games are more fun.b:victory
    Main characters
  • shlomo2
    shlomo2 Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    No, its reasons like this that leveling too fast is a bad thing. You see, I'm not high enough level to care about the kind of gear in the boxes, so I never even started to try to get any of it. I have lost no effort at all. Leveling fast only leads to ruin with things like this, and getting bored with nothing to do. Take your time leveling, games are more fun.b:victory

Good Zoe! do you go to TW?

If you do... will you enjoy when someone kills your beloved bird with 2 hits and then kills you with only a couple of more hits being the attacker only a few levels higher than you?
    I'm King_Solomon, from Heaven's Tear server.

If you're willing to join another online game, do NOT join any game hosted by K2 NETWORK. Wanna know why? See BBB complaints.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    Options
    shlomo2 wrote: »
    Good Zoe! do you go to TW?

If you do... will you enjoy when someone kills your beloved bird with 2 hits and then kills you with only a couple of more hits being the attacker only a few levels higher than you?

I do TW weekly. My bird rarely dies and I'm quite the pain to kill, charmed or not. Your argument means nothing to me.b:laugh

I don't rely on my level to win, I actually took the time to learn how to play my class well, unlike most people.
    Main characters
  • Ikens - Harshlands
    Ikens - Harshlands Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Played several mmorpgs out there and they all follow the same rule.

You put too much time into the game = you lose in the end
    You put too much money into the game = you lose in the end

First case already happened, second will follow in some time when lvl cap will rise and the gear that has been bought now for hundreds of dollars will be "normal" b:thanks
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    gold could be controlled.. just put an npc in that buys/sells gold for a set amount.. period.. (like 120k/G or even 100k/G which is what it was way back when I started) (I missed the "1 yr gift" by 15 days..)

It is "controlled". The devs capped it at 1m apiece. wtg devs =/
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

First case already happened, second will follow in some time when lvl cap will rise and the gear that has been bought now for hundreds of dollars will be "normal" b:thanks

I agree.

b:laugh
  • Kalutika - Heavens Tear
    Kalutika - Heavens Tear Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

QFT :) Just play the game, if you don't like it leave, if you like it stay. Easy choice really.

People with more money will always get the best gear (unless it is no drop), be it legal or not. It is a fact. People who grind their butts off will always get higher lvl quicker (well them and bots make it quickest). It is how it works. You cannot name a game that does not have people who spend top dollar to get the best gear (unless it is no drop, but then they can still spend IRL and "hire" ppl to farm for them).

The gameplay makes the game in the end. If you hate the gameplay and the community, then this is really not the game for you.
    edited September 2009
    Options
    QFT :) Just play the game, if you don't like it leave, if you like it stay. Easy choice really.

People with more money will always get the best gear (unless it is no drop), be it legal or not. It is a fact. People who grind their butts off will always get higher lvl quicker (well them and bots make it quickest). It is how it works. You cannot name a game that does not have people who spend top dollar to get the best gear (unless it is no drop, but then they can still spend IRL and "hire" ppl to farm for them).

The gameplay makes the game in the end. If you hate the gameplay and the community, then this is really not the game for you.

well said ..
  • MissHeron - Dreamweaver
    MissHeron - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I played one mmorpg for 2 years, the game is now 3 years old and on a down hill. At one point company decided to create a new game, which took their human resources from the original game. Slowly less and less stuff members showed up on forums to view "public opinion" all that was left of the great community was 1-2 people in charge of tickets. Its free to play pretty much like PW, at one point price of gold went up and they tried to add gold sinks. Which isnt working really, so in less than 6months game lost half of active people (thats maybe 1k) more important it lost its community. Now i never buy my games or purchase anything online, but i donated like 30$ for that game (huge money for me) and i donated 20$ when i started playin PW. Seven days after i started playin PW i've noticed same things happening here, lack of DM's, huge rise in gold prices, etc. I'm gonna play it regardless, cause im just startin and all. But i dont see a bright future for the game, which is natural since company in charge will release another game like this one but a bit different. Thats why all "free" games arent as good as allmighty WOW. Well thats my opinion anyway, cheers.
    Always be ready to speak your mind, and a base man will avoid you.
    William Blake
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

I sure hope the level cap doesn't rise.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • ChaosTears - Heavens Tear
    ChaosTears - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    [
    I sure hope the level cap doesn't rise.

May I ask why ?
  • Eternalnub - Heavens Tear
    Eternalnub - Heavens Tear Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    [

May I ask why ?

cause then their gear would be like normal and not any uber pimp anymore
    and they would be crying on forums cause they wasted 1k dollars for some lvl95 weapon etc :P
  • Kalutika - Heavens Tear
    Kalutika - Heavens Tear Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    good lol

Truly, they should make the actual engame gear no-drop, and make the items they are made from no-drop as well.

I can see being able to buy next to top gear, but the true top gear should be only acquired from quests and item finding.

But that is just me, I really don't care either way.
  • mumintroll
    mumintroll Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    good lol

Truly, they should make the actual engame gear no-drop, and make the items they are made from no-drop as well.

I can see being able to buy next to top gear, but the true top gear should be only acquired from quests and item finding.

But that is just me, I really don't care either way.

The end of game weapons already there. And aren't lv. 95 restriction. They are even less level restriction to lv. 80. And yes, They are warsouls weapons. These are game ending weapons not lunar weapons. But you must be very patient to get them. But nothing is impossible. b:laugh
This discussion has been closed.