Nix | Herc - A dream now ? ( Y / N )

Options
batta710
batta710 Posts: 5 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Venomancer
Hi

In this so called * Sky High * market of Gold price ... do you ppl think Nix or Herc is a dream now for the players who didn't buy it yet ?

so now : what to do ?

1. Give magmite and sawfly new skills ?
2. waiting for another good time for veno ?

please give your suggestions

thanks
Post edited by batta710 on

Comments

• bigxbear
    bigxbear Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    u don't need gold to get herc or nix, just alot of SoF and feathers =P
    i'm the one spinning in their chair, eating a ring-pop, wondering y the world hates broccolie so much... but loves it w/ cheese O.o... mabye we all should wear cheese to be better ppl. (Yes!!.. One more step to RUULING the worldb:thanks)
  • Ikurei - Dreamweaver
    Ikurei - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    bigxbear wrote: »
    u don't need gold to get herc or nix, just alot of SoF and feathers =P

Which is bought from the boutique. Higher gold prices = higher priced boutique items (this includes SoF and feathers).

I was considering maybe getting a herc but now I don't believe I will.
    Meh, saw a couple other people doing this so...
    "Time to kill a famous thread then." andracil
    "Banning a troll is the ultimate troll my good sirs" eatwithspoons
    "Be careful about all of the GIRLs (Guy in RL) that you meet." eatwithspoons
    "We are all trolls or else we wouldn't have so many posts under our names. Deal with it." Sevas - Heavens Tear
    "Necro hunting >:3
    Also, I'm in someone's sig!" andracil (Sorry, I had to.b:surrender)
    "Welcome to the forums. You will die here." Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
  • batta710
    batta710 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    @bigxbear n ppl like him ( hope there is none :| )

please guys dnt make fun out of it :((... we need good and mature suggetions :((
  • QTKyuubi - Sanctuary
    QTKyuubi - Sanctuary Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Which is bought from the boutique. Higher gold prices = higher priced boutique items (this includes SoF and feathers).

I was considering maybe getting a herc but now I don't believe I will.

b:sad I'm also in similar situation, I've seen sof at 3800k+ b:shocked So herc has almost doubled in price, I was about 50% there with coin and my own already bought sof, but now that the price has nearly doubled to get a herc I've decided to invest in other things that I will get more enjoyment out of for the time being and now saving for the day when A) prices come down or B) I am uber rich and can through my money away xD

Doesn't help that the main ROI for herc, tt mats, have drop drastically in price too b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mascot of Apocalyps b:cute
    Eldergoths FTW Go Mojo Go
  • bigxbear
    bigxbear Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    batta710 wrote: »

please guys dnt make fun out of it :((... we need good and mature suggetions :((

wheres the fun in that? >.>

anyways, im saying buy them from others that are selling them from realy cheap, and either keep them, of sell them for a slightly higher price to earn money. It's called "playing the market" =O *GASP*

=P
    i'm the one spinning in their chair, eating a ring-pop, wondering y the world hates broccolie so much... but loves it w/ cheese O.o... mabye we all should wear cheese to be better ppl. (Yes!!.. One more step to RUULING the worldb:thanks)
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Yes, and to get those you need gold.

I'm sure as heck not gonna be selling my leftover few as low as 3k each.

Still, the price of gold will probably fall back to a relatively sensible level, once this event is over.
    Lower than it currently is, higher than the 200k that it was.
  • lesspewpewmoreqq
    lesspewpewmoreqq Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Nix and Hercs are the same price they've always been...200 USD.

As for in game coin wise, wait a while, the gold prices will drop. The econmy can perhaps stabalize. But as for game play, it's totally fubar'd
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I don't have a herc yet... still need about 21~22 mil.
    IF I can buy them for 2.3k per SoF/PF... what probably isn't going to happen.. -.-
    but I'll just keep on saving and wait for the economy to get back to "normal" <read resonable> -.-
    but well... what more can we do then wait for a good deal? it's still a long way to go for me... and the economy will be totally different when I made all the money... so I'm not worrying about it too much b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • Nehemiah - Harshlands
    Nehemiah - Harshlands Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I will be getting a Phoenix first due to the introduction of BH and the already overfarmed TT's giving a large amount of molds in the market which drives the price down and thus the earning potential of the herc. A Nix will still level you, be your pvp weapon, and the selling of DQ will not change. So In this case getting a pheonix is more viable, especially on a pvp server
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Well I've been saving up coins for a herc, but lately I've been having a hard time finding anyone selling them. I've looked everywhere, catshops, AH, I've even WC. nothing... It's like everyone is hiding them. I guess I'll just have to wait till this event calms down. After all I have 21 flawless hp shards to sell.
    >.<
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    batta710 wrote: »

My answer to this from long ago is even more true now.

Play the game and grind 150k/hr. Gold price @300k = 0.5 gold/hr. 186.5 gold needed on average to get 10k SoF/feathers = 373 hours. That's a month and a half grinding 8 hours a day.

Get a part-time job, earn minimum wage ($7.25/hr). 186.5 gold = $186.50. You can earn that in 25.7 hours, figure 30 hours if you include taxes. That's just 7.5 days working 4 hours a day.

Clearly if you really want a herc/phoenix, the best answer is to get a RL job (or 2nd part-time job if you already work 8 hr/day) and pay for it with cash. You will get your herc/nix in almost 1/12th the time.

I don't understand why people are so dead set against paying money for this game. They'd rather spend 373 hours doing boring repetitive stuff in the game to get a herc/phoenix, when they could do boring repetitive stuff in RL for just 30 hours and get the same thing. They're so obsessed with trying to get it "for free" that they're putting in 10x the effort it would take to just pay for it with cash. And if you enjoy the game that much, you should want to pay PWI to reward them for their efforts.

If you're too young to get a real job, speak to your parents and ask about doing the typical kid job stuff - mowing lawns, painting fences around the neighborhood, etc. Maybe nowadays you can even fix old people's computers around the neighborhood too. They'll probably be proud of you for being interested in working to earn money at such a young age. And the work ethic and money management skills you learn will help you for the rest of your life.
  • boltswift
    boltswift Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    My answer to this from long ago is even more true now.

Play the game and grind 150k/hr. Gold price @300k = 0.5 gold/hr. 186.5 gold needed on average to get 10k SoF/feathers = 373 hours. That's a month and a half grinding 8 hours a day.

Get a part-time job, earn minimum wage ($7.25/hr). 186.5 gold = $186.50. You can earn that in 25.7 hours, figure 30 hours if you include taxes. That's just 7.5 days working 4 hours a day.

Clearly if you really want a herc/phoenix, the best answer is to get a RL job (or 2nd part-time job if you already work 8 hr/day) and pay for it with cash. You will get your herc/nix in almost 1/12th the time.

I don't understand why people are so dead set against paying money for this game. They'd rather spend 373 hours doing boring repetitive stuff in the game to get a herc/phoenix, when they could do boring repetitive stuff in RL for just 30 hours and get the same thing. They're so obsessed with trying to get it "for free" that they're putting in 10x the effort it would take to just pay for it with cash. And if you enjoy the game that much, you should want to pay PWI to reward them for their efforts.

If you're too young to get a real job, speak to your parents and ask about doing the typical kid job stuff - mowing lawns, painting fences around the neighborhood, etc. Maybe nowadays you can even fix old people's computers around the neighborhood too. They'll probably be proud of you for being interested in working to earn money at such a young age. And the work ethic and money management skills you learn will help you for the rest of your life.

That is sad if the first thing you spend your money on after getting your paycheck is virtual currency.

Not much people are willing to dish out $200 for a game either when it can be spent so many wiser ways.
  • Peritia - Lost City
    Peritia - Lost City Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    boltswift wrote: »
    That is sad if the first thing you spend your money on after getting your paycheck is virtual currency.

Not much people are willing to dish out $200 for a game either when it can be spent so many wiser ways.

I think you missed the very essence of Solandri's argument. It's about the best use of time, which is often a far more valuable currency.

When faced with two boring and laborious tasks which reach the same conclusion, but one takes a mere 1/12th the time of the other, the choice would appear obvious.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Read what Solandri said, it's dead on though I disagree about buying a herc/nix but that's mainly because I feel they're overpriced (as are most things in the boutique, but that's also because they have to price assuming most won't pay).

If you're dead set against paying, farm coin and save it. I imagine gold prices will come down eventually, the GM's say they want them lower and there have been a few good solutions for that but nothing is going to happen overnight. If you're going for it by using coin, don't count on getting it within the next two months.
  • Drazo - Dreamweaver
    Drazo - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,187 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Take advantage of selling gold and getting lots of coin now and then buy them later when the gold prices drop. It may be a while before they drop enough to get your herc or 'nix, but it'll be well worth it.
    Non-mule characters:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]....and Drazomyst.
  • LinZeta - Lost City
    LinZeta - Lost City Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    This game is probably not going to get any better for the people who can't afford to cash shop. I've only made it to a little less than half the items needed and I'm honestly considering selling them all back to make a profit. **** the nix. **** the event. **** the economy. It's honestly about trying to make the best of it now.

b:victory
  • Namidatears - Harshlands
    Namidatears - Harshlands Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Its a joke?..I ear this every day "grind and save until the gold price drops"....seriusly,I dont see the gold price down in Months.
    I have 6000 nix F...gold last night 500K+...catshop?obviously nobody buy to re sell at this gold price....and I dont have creditcard.
    I love this game...but gold prices are ruined the game and the joy to play it.
    Grinding and save? every time I grinding and save for the nix...golds up and put us again in the same poor place :S
    Players with other type chars laugh...but wtf...they dont need to save like,at now like 40Millions or more to have your char at full power.
    I dont know...im boring of grinding and grinding,farm and stay in the same place...maybe Im quit...i duno yet..Im waiting to see some change,because I enjoy very much this game months ago.
    And...I like TW...but most Tw factions dont recruit veno without nix...lame...see the problem?b:angry
    PD:By the way...I ear offers for Tw faction pleaseeee!!!
    PD2:sry for my english errors...Im speak spanish. :P
    Bye to allb:victory
    =Palynzer= b:bye
  • boltswift
    boltswift Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I think you missed the very essence of Solandri's argument. It's about the best use of time, which is often a far more valuable currency.

When faced with two boring and laborious tasks which reach the same conclusion, but one takes a mere 1/12th the time of the other, the choice would appear obvious.

It shouldn't even be worth $200 in the first place. Thats absurd.
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Things have to be priced so that they make money. Think of it this way, about 2/3 of the game is committed to not giving them money and playing for free. In order to have the same profit margin as every other MMO out there, they need an average of $15/month from every player. With 2/3 not paying it means those that pay are looking at $45/month while those that don't pay are looking at $0/month. The more that CS, the lower priced the boutique items can be for everyone.
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I don't have a herc yet... still need about 21~22 mil.
    IF I can buy them for 2.3k per SoF/PF... what probably isn't going to happen.. -.-
    but I'll just keep on saving and wait for the economy to get back to "normal" <read resonable> -.-
    but well... what more can we do then wait for a good deal? it's still a long way to go for me... and the economy will be totally different when I made all the money... so I'm not worrying about it too much b:victory

The 2.3k sof are from the 100k per gold days. Now, with gold at 400k each, you ought to multiply it by 4. I still have a small amount of it in catshop at 3.79k each, but only because they were leftovers brought when gold is still just below 200k, and I wasn't looking to make money, only recoup costs. They're probably gone by now.

But yeah, the old 2.3k sofs are gone forever, because gold will never fall back to 100k each.b:surrender
  • XayLaya - Lost City
    XayLaya - Lost City Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Well it looks like its time to slap flesh ream on my sawfly and pretend its a nixb:chuckle
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    boltswift wrote: »

The game is entertainment. I see spending money on virtual currency as no different from spending it on a monthly fee for an MMORPG, or movie tickets, or going to Disneyland, or CDs, or DVDs, or going to a sporting event, or even a big screen HDTV. They are all entertainment, all unnecessary but fun. In fact, going from ephemeral (transient) to concrete (permanent), a phoenix or a herc would actually fall in the middle of the scale, between going to the movies or a ballgame, and buying a DVD. Once the movie or ballgame is over, that's it. All you have are the memories. At least you can still use the nix/herc as long as the game is still around.

And WoW's monthly fee is $16 with over 11 million subscribers. In a year that works out to $192. Add in the cost to buy the game (~$40) and I'd say there are at least 11 million people willing to pay $200 on a game.

Of course if your budget is tight, but no means do I recommend blowing $200 on a phoenix. But if you can spare the time to grind to get a phoenix, why don't you instead spend that time working an extra job so that your budget is not so tight anymore and you can afford the phoenix? Remember, this is a game, it's about having fun. If you find yourself spending a lot of time doing something in the game that's not fun, you have to step back and ask yourself if there's a better way to spend your time.

And FWIW, I blew my first paycheck on fishing gear and fishing trips. Again, entertainment.
  • Damewort - Sanctuary
    Damewort - Sanctuary Posts: 573 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I would say herc/nix is a far far dream now. At least till the Anniversary's nightmare ends. I was going to stay in lvl85 till I get herc, but then in one day, the amount I needed rise from 8mil to 20-25mil b:chuckle Might just as well run few RBs, ding and then grind grind grind till I get those mil ^^ Besides, I don't see gold prices dropping under 150k never ever again. At least not while 1mil boxes are around.
    I want the old times back, when SoF and feather costed 2.5k-2.7k
    Well it looks like its time to slap flesh ream on my sawfly and pretend its a nixb:chuckle

Actually, good idea - get pet legendary skills on you sawfly/golem. Wasn't there a veno on Harshlands with "legendary golem"?
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    wheres the option "i dotn rly care"
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I would say herc/nix is a far far dream now. At least till the Anniversary's nightmare ends.

Actually, good idea - get pet legendary skills on you sawfly/golem. Wasn't there a veno on Harshlands with "legendary golem"?

It is about the same forme to but I invest more atm into my Cleric and Golems only come with 2 or 3 skills slot unlike Herc. with 4.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Damewort - Sanctuary
    Damewort - Sanctuary Posts: 573 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    It is about the same forme to but I invest more atm into my Cleric and Golems only come with 2 or 3 skills slot unlike Herc. with 4.

Unfortunately, I have to disagree with you. Every pet has 4 slots for skills. Difference is how many skills your pet knew when you tamed him. Golems come with 2 or 3 skills (has one slot free), but Herc comes with 4 skills (0 slots free).
    And, yes, I tested it - My golem has Bash, Sandstorm, Tough, Roar.
  • Zetarana - Heavens Tear
    Zetarana - Heavens Tear Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Which would be better... Trading 1 for 1 of PF for SoF or Selling PF for coin to Buy SoF?
    Zetarana - Arcane Veno
    Nephandus - Arcane Wizard
    Faction: Nocturne
  • JollyJaguar - Sanctuary
    JollyJaguar - Sanctuary Posts: 431 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I bought my herc a few days before the inflation.. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tailzz - Dreamweaver
    Tailzz - Dreamweaver Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    looks like im never getting one now
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I guess it depends on the prices.

You get an average of 27 feather/SoF per pet pack.

As gold and catshop prices vary wildly by time and place, you'll have to do your own maths as to which is cheaper.

Right now, on my server, you're WAY better off buying them from catshops than from the boutique.