Nix | Herc - A dream now ? ( Y / N )

Options

Comments

• QTKyuubi - Sanctuary
    QTKyuubi - Sanctuary Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I will be getting a Phoenix first due to the introduction of BH and the already overfarmed TT's giving a large amount of molds in the market which drives the price down and thus the earning potential of the herc. A Nix will still level you, be your pvp weapon, and the selling of DQ will not change. So In this case getting a pheonix is more viable, especially on a pvp server

Honestly this almost seems like the most viable option atm b:surrender
    TT mats dropped through the floor so herc has really lost its earning power. Where nix grind faster, lvl faster more drops faster and will need for pvp eventually. (yez i iz a carebear) Plus phoenix has another thing herc doesn't pimpness b:cool b:chuckle

But in seriousness i think this will be a first consideration and I'll be holding on to my eldergoth and magmite until I feel like splurging on an ugly yellow fat man, but super awesome, tank, we have barbs in the mean time, who also, much cuter b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mascot of Apocalyps b:cute
    Eldergoths FTW Go Mojo Go
  • Skimi - Dreamweaver
    Skimi - Dreamweaver Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    but now venos can set price for TT mats, i dun know any cleric who will waste charms on TT to sell mats for so low price
    just wait till cheap mats are sold out
  • XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary
    XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    its not a dream, but surely not as easy to grind for a herc or nix. I'm glad i got my herc while gold prices were still around 100k, But at that point in time.. farming for molds and such with a herc was alot more profitable. If prices do not come down, i may give up that pvp dream of reaming people with my nix. ..... If i started now, i would surely go for the nix first. ..times always change.
    Q - How to win on Perfect World?
    A - Throw money at it.
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Damn, I got my herc + nix cheaper than getting a single legendary pet now. Herc + nix costed me 32.4m.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I don't think it's such a big deal. Gold prices rose, and so did price of Legendarys. However, so many other things are cheaper. For the people who already have: our possessions are constantly being devalued while the newcomers reap gifts, lower prices, and more easy XP. Nix isn't the end all be all of grinding. A decent pet with Howl, Bash , Flesh Ream and Claw can take out same level mobs almost or as fast with assistance without getting stuck in the ground or needing you to be in the air with dmg reduction. A Herc's value is also diminishing since molds, apo pages, and skill books are plummeting. Fishing squads don't use either Legendary pet, and a Herc can't be the best luring pet.

Maybe we'll see people flocking to other classes now?
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    From the looks of it, venos will be getting shafted when the tideborn appears as there seems to be some consensus that their skills and roles will overlap with ours... herc n nix would then become sorta too expensive to get as whatever edge they might provide will be greatly diminished. Already farming TT with a herc may not be as profitable as spending the same amount of time grinding. My advice is yes, get a job, don't spend any of the money you make on legendary pets... or virtual currency for that matter.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Unfortunately, I have to disagree with you. Every pet has 4 slots for skills. Difference is how many skills your pet knew when you tamed him. Golems come with 2 or 3 skills (has one slot free), but Herc comes with 4 skills (0 slots free).
    And, yes, I tested it - My golem has Bash, Sandstorm, Tough, Roar.
    Ok.How do you do this again using forget pet scrolls and tame to upgrade existing ones.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Kitsuneh - Lost City
    Kitsuneh - Lost City Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Only thing what can drop nix/herc prices is battle pet pack sale. Long one. So street prices go down.
  • Arshies - Sanctuary
    Arshies - Sanctuary Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I think now is very hard get a Nix/Herc with coins cuz prices has raised a lot, last time i saw Sources or Fources worth at 3k-4k.... also now not many ppl selling it...........

Maybe GM's will release a new battle pack sale on future :O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Arshies - Sanctuary
  • Damewort - Sanctuary
    Damewort - Sanctuary Posts: 573 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Ok.How do you do this again using forget pet scrolls and tame to upgrade existing ones.

If you have all 4 slots free, then use forget scroll to forget the most useful skill, then buy skill book to learn the new skill and use tame book to upgrade it (if needed).
    If you have 3 slots, then just buy the skill book, teach it and use tame book to upgrade it (if needed).
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    If you have all 4 slots free, then use forget scroll to forget the most useful skill, then buy skill book to learn the new skill and use tame book to upgrade it (if needed).
    If you have 3 slots, then just buy the skill book, teach it and use tame book to upgrade it (if needed).

How do you get all 4 slots free as I got 3 on one and 2 on another.
  • Damewort - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Forget all skills it has learned.
    That made me wonder - why forget them all?
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I am not sure why I though you had to in order to learn another skill.
  • Damewort - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I am not sure why I though you had to in order to learn another skill.

No no no.... that would be bit too costly and wasteful. To teach new one just forget a skill (if your pet has 4skills already). If it has less, then just go and teach a new one ^^
  • turtlewax
    turtlewax Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    ... I've seen sof at 3800k+ b:shocked So herc has almost doubled in price, I was about 50% there with coin and my own already bought sof, ...

So, basically, you bought them cheap and now the price is high. You could take a risk and sell high, wait for the price to drop and then buy back more then you have now.
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    b:byei stand mroe chances at tw now yayz
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tweakz
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I've earned enough coin to buy a few Hercs and Nixes just in my early 80's. I've put more coin into my Eldergoth Marksman and Plumpfish than I paid for the legendaries. They're not a dream. just takes a bit longer now.
  • Foxx - Heavens Tear
    Foxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Its speculation what wll happen to the price after this sale, especially as the ale seems to be neverending, but assuming it goes down to 180k again then there shouldnt be a problem when the pet packs are on sale... effectively making them the same as no sale with gold at 90k. (which is better than what I got)
  • h0lyxflame
    h0lyxflame Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    b:cry just when i made 35m for my veno b:sad this ios ****en BS >.>
  • Queelen - Lost City
    Queelen - Lost City Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I just love people who come to these topics, saying "Oh, but you can just get a job, earn some money and get that legendary sh*t much faster, instead of grinding for it". Try thinking OUTSIDE of the almighty, blessed America if you can, because most other countries only have PayPal-like payment methods (lack of pre-paid cards) and not everyone has it's own bank account/card. Of course there are some countries who don't have any options AT ALL, like mine.

I earned quite a good amount of money with working through the whole summer, and would be more than happy to spend some of it on a bunch of pixels, as some call it, buying a Phoenix and a decent ground mount. But that's impossible becasoue of the absolute fail of PWI's "international" ways.

I'm forced to grind for literally everything. With these insane gold prices, owning a legendary become a dream for me. I won't rage quit, what would be the point in that? But the game is much less fun when you get constatly laughed at and kicked out of groups if not owning an over-sized, flaming chicken or a too fat and too yellow for it's own good mutant kid.
    This is the dark present, this is who I am,
    Long forgotten dead, deep in a cold cavern.
    Errant who got swallowed by volatile time,
    Fallen angel on the brink of endless abyss.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RawVeno - Sanctuary
    RawVeno - Sanctuary Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    i luckily got a herc went gold was cheaper, i've all but given up on getting a nix now though..
    And i don't think the gold will ever drop now to what it was when i bought my herc, pwi is to $$ hence all the sales.
    think i'm just going to invest my coin into my sawfly skills and just be happy i got a herc.
  • turtlewax
    turtlewax Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    People are buying more Gold with coin now, higher demand means price goes up. When this event ends, so will the demand for Gold and it's price will likely plummet, unless PWI comes up with a new event. Either sell your feathers now when their price is high, or sit on them for a month more.
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    i did think i had a chance, and started trying to collect feathers again....but there isnt a chance of collecting the huge number before endgame, never mind actaully leveling it, etc.

when i started playing this game last year, it was fun, people were nicer-here and ingame- GMs slapped down TOS violators right there on world chat, and banned them by name even, for foul language- back then, no one pulled bosses and such. now? the economy is shot to blazes, no one but the multimillionair players and those who pour buckets of real money into this, can afford anything. ever since the damn faries came out, there is next to nothing in the way of low level, decent armour for beginners available on the AH, or for anyone else either....evrything else gets decomped for fairy food. so those of us who just scrape by cant save the way we did, and everything has to go into just getting by. so, no real way of saving up for anything, never mind something that will cost multi millions....

please, Devs!!! help us! not the rich ones! look for the accounts of those who are the poorest, and find a way to give us a break? please??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • QTKyuubi - Sanctuary
    QTKyuubi - Sanctuary Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Based on gold price of 400k (was in the green last night)
    If you were to buy battle packs and average about 30 feathers/sof a pack
    It would cost 6.7k per feather/sof meaning the cost is now (+/-)67million coins for an ingame Herc or Nix b:shocked

Checking the markets yesterday I could not find any sof or pf on the market aside from 11 sof for sale in auction house for a group total of 500k for 11! That's over 45k each. I'm hoping that was just a typo on the sellers part b:shockedb:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mascot of Apocalyps b:cute
    Eldergoths FTW Go Mojo Go
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Plenty of catshops in arch on DW asking to *buy* sof and feathers, for anything up to 5k.

No one daft enough to sell them that low.

Still, eventually you can have that much money. I'd guess it to not really be worth it, though.
  • tweakz
    edited September 2009
    Options
    when i started playing this game last year, it was fun, people were nicer-here and ingame- GMs slapped down TOS violators right there on world chat, and banned them by name even, for foul language- back then, no one pulled bosses and such. now?

Did people use annoying colors and font sizes in the forum?
    the economy is shot to blazes

The economy is maturing.
    no one but the multimillionair players and those who pour buckets of real money into this, can afford anything.

BS. I've had so many of my equips and items devalued by falling prices!
    ever since the damn faries came out, there is next to nothing in the way of low level, decent armour for beginners available on the AH, or for anyone else either....

Faries?
    so those of us who just scrape by cant save the way we did, and everything has to go into just getting by. so, no real way of saving up for anything, never mind something that will cost multi millions....

Some drops are worth multi-millions. I've been getting at least 1 such a week lately.
    please, Devs!!! help us! not the rich ones! look for the accounts of those who are the poorest, and find a way to give us a break? please??

I'm tired of seeing poor people ALREADY getting a break. I'm not spending cash on this game and the only problem I have is they keep devaluing my stuff so poor people can afford the same things I paid out the butt for.

Again, I'm not spending cash on this game. -Not with the constant and abrupt devaluations. You cannot accurately blame gold prices on your failures.
  • XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary
    XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Based on gold price of 400k (was in the green last night)
    If you were to buy battle packs and average about 30 feathers/sof a pack
    It would cost 6.7k per feather/sof meaning the cost is now (+/-)67million coins for an ingame Herc or Nix b:shocked

b:sad

Q - How to win on Perfect World?
    A - Throw money at it.
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    i did think i had a chance, and started trying to collect feathers again....but there isnt a chance of collecting the huge number before endgame, never mind actaully leveling it, etc.

Why would you collect feathers right now? Coin can't devalue as much as gold or feathers can, so saving up in coin until you have enough leaves you with more options.
    when i started playing this game last year, it was fun, people were nicer-here and ingame- GMs slapped down TOS violators right there on world chat, and banned them by name even, for foul language- back then, no one pulled bosses and such. now? the economy is shot to blazes, no one but the multimillionair players and those who pour buckets of real money into this, can afford anything. ever since the damn faries came out, there is next to nothing in the way of low level, decent armour for beginners available on the AH, or for anyone else either....evrything else gets decomped for fairy food. so those of us who just scrape by cant save the way we did, and everything has to go into just getting by. so, no real way of saving up for anything, never mind something that will cost multi millions....

You're a 75 veno, you also have a magmite. You can get subs currently for 42k and do TT1-1 with them. Those drops sell for a good bit still (currently at 100k on DW). You can make a good bit of coin there. Going off the DB rates that's 94221 coin per run. Subtract the sub cost and a little for repairs and you're looking at about 50k. When I did those runs at 70 or so to farm a friends pet I was able to do one every 9 minutes or so. With another 5 levels and the fact you're using a higher dps pet (magmites outdamage hercs) you should be able to get in one every 8-9 minutes. At 8 minutes that's 7.5 runs an hour for 375k/hour, about 3x what you can get from grinding.

As for stuff being decomposed to feed genies, if people want to waste their money that way, let them. Only about 1/5 or so of the gear thrown up onto the AH is worth decomposing, that leaves plenty for lower levels to wear so it's not like all lower level stuff is bought up.

A friend of mine just started this game about 3 months ago, he hasn't spent any money on it, is currently 73, has a herc, and well on his way to a nix (with current prices, though I doubt he'll buy it any time during this money, it would be a waste of money), he's never struggled with any part of it really either. I have a hard time seeing where you're coming from with saying it's so difficult. Oh ya, his herc didn't come from farming TT either, it came entirely from watching the AH for about 30 minutes a day for two-three weeks and then taking advantage of a pet pack sale. He got it at I think, level 55 and started saving for it at 40.
    please, Devs!!! help us! not the rich ones! look for the accounts of those who are the poorest, and find a way to give us a break? please?

Genies drastically reduced potion costs with tree. Yuanxiao/Jiazoli are (cheaper) alternatives to charms. There's a couple of ways you got a break on coin recently.
  • Cambriella - Sanctuary
    Cambriella - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I think this is the best time to get a Nix. What cost $200 before cost about $75 now. I haven't purchased any feathers over 3k and I'm halfway there already. You just have to leave your catshop up all the time.

Be creative :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I don't know about that getting a Nix.I am bad at playing the market.