Nix | Herc - A dream now ? ( Y / N )

Comments

• RawVeno - Sanctuary
    RawVeno - Sanctuary Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    maybe it's just me but i havent noticed any shouts saying anyone has purchased a pet ticket since this anni. patch.
  • Xymantha - Dreamweaver
    Xymantha - Dreamweaver Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I've never wanted either of them TBH.. I do just fine with a Magmite and Sawfly that I've been putting skills on and upgrading since the beginning. I do however wish that gold prices would come back down so I can get gold for my perfect hammer that I need to open the Level 80 stash box (when I get there) as well as the Level 50 stash box on my 3 alts.
    I'm a man
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    maybe it's just me but i havent noticed any shouts saying anyone has purchased a pet ticket since this anni. patch.

I've seen... one. And it was a nix, which was surprising.

It's a good time for it, I'd think - you're less likely to be noticed amongst the other Duke shouts :)
  • Silvia_Xenth - Lost City
    Silvia_Xenth - Lost City Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    yay less OP pets seriusly learn to play ur class without OP pets i would love that no more nix herc would sell less QQ more pew pew
  • HappyFace - Harshlands
    HappyFace - Harshlands Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    You missed congratulating me with my Herc : )
    And I bought it after Zee Patch.
    And I bought it for my real money.
    Just want the game experience be the most fun (considering I am kinda addicted to the game and also am old and able enough to make some extra cash). I also didn't mind buying a super inventory stone. Too useful for only 9 dollars (what is it? a one sit down at a ShmuckDonalds? : )

Anyway, yeah, paying cash for virtual things sucks big time. I hate that : )
  • Mazzie - Dreamweaver
    Mazzie - Dreamweaver Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    As a new player, I think I might have come in during the wrong time? I mean it seems that for people who have played for a long time, who already have these things (Which are apparently very much needed) it will either cost me a fortune financialy (I am fully employed as a graphic designer and could afford perhaps blowing my money on this)

But if what one person said is true, and it would take $180.00 or grinding as a full time job then this actually seems like a dream. Which then make the Veno a useless or semi useless toon.

considdering (Dont worry I wont mention the competition here) but many new releases coming out from very big companies, are offering lifetime subs for $200.00 for some of the most anticipated games of the season.

So, really, this needs to be rethought by development and or the people in charge.
    Mazzy the Veno pet collector!
    Feel the power of my Rhinodrake!b:chuckle
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    No.You are not late as new player actually you are just fine.You can just save coin or you can spend $200 to get the sof or pf.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Mazzie - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    Thats sort of the point I was making. I mean...this game is fun, but other games which are Pay to play...which are offering $200.00 lifetime memberships, then become free to play, but there is no item mall and you then earn everything the same as everyone else, in the same fashion.

See what I mean? b:dirty
  • Ophida - Dreamweaver
    Ophida - Dreamweaver Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Currently, it will cost you between 50-60m coins to purchase one of the legendary pets on dreamweaver. This is quite a lot to any player, regardless of how long they have been playing. This target is not entirely unattainable, but is very difficult to reach. So no it's not completely pointless to try to buy these in game, but yes it is much harder than it used to be, without purchasing zen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Viper_girl - Heavens Tear
    Viper_girl - Heavens Tear Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Thats sort of the point I was making. I mean...this game is fun, but other games which are Pay to play...which are offering $200.00 lifetime memberships, then become free to play, but there is no item mall and you then earn everything the same as everyone else, in the same fashion.

See what I mean? b:dirty

I would bet most players don't pay $200 outright for their pet. Usually it is a mixture of saved up coin and real money and if you are patient there are sales on Gold and Pet Battle packs every now and again.

So if you wanted you could probably easily get one for around $50 or less by the time you reach lvl 60.
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Currently, it will cost you between 50-60m coins to purchase one of the legendary pets on dreamweaver. This is quite a lot to any player, regardless of how long they have been playing. This target is not entirely unattainable, but is very difficult to reach. So no it's not completely pointless to try to buy these in game, but yes it is much harder than it used to be, without purchasing zen.

It could be worse. You could be trying to get 360 Adv Mystical Pages during the anniversary event. About the same price as a herc/nix now, but with a time limit of the end of the month.
    As a new player, I think I might have come in during the wrong time? I mean it seems that for people who have played for a long time, who already have these things (Which are apparently very much needed) it will either cost me a fortune financialy (I am fully employed as a graphic designer and could afford perhaps blowing my money on this)

But if what one person said is true, and it would take $180.00 or grinding as a full time job then this actually seems like a dream. Which then make the Veno a useless or semi useless toon.

considdering (Dont worry I wont mention the competition here) but many new releases coming out from very big companies, are offering lifetime subs for $200.00 for some of the most anticipated games of the season.

So, really, this needs to be rethought by development and or the people in charge.

You don't need to have a herc, but it does help and it does let you solo content that you couldn't otherwise solo. Things also become more attainable the higher level you are, when I was 30 the gold for a herc seemed impossible, and that was at 120k per gold. Now it doesn't seem that difficult, it just takes a little saving and being smart about things. The nix is really more of a luxury I think, particularly with BH now. Two BH's, a WQ (while I do other things, so I'm not wasting time on it), and Crazy Stone lets me have a free 817500 exp a day at my level. Even if I can grind 30% faster with a nix killing air mobs, I'm looking at say 40k more an hour. If I grind for 2 hours a day that's around 350k vs 270k an hour. Add it to the other exp I get and it's 1167500 vs 1087500, only 7.36% more for the day.

As far as $200 lifetime subscriptions go, companies offer things like that, when they don't think you'll be playing long enough otherwise. $200 being a year basically. The fact they're giving you a lifetime membership for such a low amount basically says they have no confidence in their game being one of the few that keeps a substantial number of players for more than a couple of months after release, and want to get the money they can from you now. That type of promotion when a game launches makes me rather wary of it because it's not a good promotion for a game that has a future.
  • HappyFace - Harshlands
    edited September 2009
    As far as $200 lifetime subscriptions go, companies offer things like that, when they don't think you'll be playing long enough otherwise. $200 being a year basically. The fact they're giving you a lifetime membership for such a low amount basically says they have no confidence in their game being one of the few that keeps a substantial number of players for more than a couple of months after release, and want to get the money they can from you now. That type of promotion when a game launches makes me rather wary of it because it's not a good promotion for a game that has a future.

Truer words could not be said. Which also gives me a feeling that I am not a complete out of mind freak buying my Herc for real money at the moment when everybody "quits" PWI for "the game that shall not be mentioned" : )
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009

There is game out there named after novel which offers lifetime membership and it will be around for sometime.
  • Mazzie - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    Truer words could not be said. Which also gives me a feeling that I am not a complete out of mind freak buying my Herc for real money at the moment when everybody "quits" PWI for "the game that shall not be mentioned" : )

Although I respect this oppinion and I really mean that...the 4 games in which I mention WILL have a huge fanbase, based on 1) Pen and Paper setting that has been around for eternity 2) 3 movies that were shot in a time long long ago and 3) Comic books 4) One that reminds me of this game.

Im not trolling here, because I like this game tons, but my concern is that the Dev team needs to look into things like this. Confidence in a game is fine and dandy, but population base is also important. My concern is that Perfect world will feel a large slap by these other games. Sure it's free to download, but then what?

Im a casual Gamer. I go to work everyday, so really having these pets means nothing to me. I have an ugly Rhino looking thing, and it's fine for me. Oh and a Turtle! Which is adorable. Id love to have more pets, but I need a cage, which I suspect will take a purchase from the mall b:chuckle

Either way. I do not mind spending money on a game. I don't mind spending money on "This game". I might. I just think that for $200.00 for a pet I could get a lifetime sub to one of these other games, and basicaly for the same price Ill have 2 "semi" free to play games
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009

But Herc food is rare, and expensive. Tomes also are only obtained through cash shop items.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • HappyFace - Harshlands
    edited September 2009
    tweakz wrote: »
    But Herc food is rare, and expensive. Tomes also are only obtained through cash shop items.

: )
    Like I said. I can miss a coctail or two in a bar on a weekend and it gives me, say, 2 Gryphons in equivalent, easily. Besides, I don't smoke, don't do other bad things (exept dating women : ), so why not spend MY money on something I really enjoy as well as, say, seafood or parties : )

What I meant is -- 40 bucks for a level 3 tome was not a pain for me at all : )
    It kills many birds with one rock, too. Now I don't have to feed my Fat Boy, nor I have to spend anything on mana pots, cuz mana regenerates zzzzzzzzzzzzip : )
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    tweakz wrote: »

Cookies, tomes, tome fragments, and pages are all for sale in plentiful amounts. And, ironically enough... if you can't use a herc because you're flying, as long as you're in the 71-75 range you have access to a lifetime supply of herc food off elysium fowls.

Though, I have to say with current gold prices, I just might have to sell my stack of 80 tome pages I'm sitting on.

And, yes those are all technically CS items, but you can get them with coin.
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    what worries me is that i've noticed that caught pets tend to reach a point afterwhich they are not able to handle the kind of hits they take from mobs/bosses. at those times, i've had to find some pet to upgrade to....at what level does the game get to be too much for golems? im lv75, and my two guys seem to be holding up well in ordinary grinding, but in dungeons, im encountering bosses that take them out faster than i can keep them healed.

has anyone here gone 'all the way' to the 90s/beyond with only golems or caught pets? i really need to know, because hercs/phoenixes are out of the question in my case. no RL money for that, and my time on the game is becomeing less and less (health reasons), so no way to get either. so im going to have to rely on caught pets...please let me know its possible to go on with them? its bad enough that no one wants to squad me because i dont have bought ones, if i cant go on alone without them, i might as well give up now...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    There is game out there named after novel which offers lifetime membership and it will be around for sometime.

That game while having two (I think) expansions, has a pretty small playerbase. Quite a bit below the 200k average. It doesn't seem to be in imminent danger of being shut down because the expansion box sales prove their revenue isn't stagnant but it's not really attracting new players from what I've seen, meaning over time the game will shrink and they'll lose subscription revenue to the lifetime account on top of it. It doesn't really matter though if they can make it up off box sales for expansions, as long as expansions continue to be released.
    what worries me is that i've noticed that caught pets tend to reach a point afterwhich they are not able to handle the kind of hits they take from mobs/bosses. at those times, i've had to find some pet to upgrade to....at what level does the game get to be too much for golems? im lv75, and my two guys seem to be holding up well in ordinary grinding, but in dungeons, im encountering bosses that take them out faster than i can keep them healed.

has anyone here gone 'all the way' to the 90s/beyond with only golems or caught pets? i really need to know, because hercs/phoenixes are out of the question in my case. no RL money for that, and my time on the game is becomeing less and less (health reasons), so no way to get either. so im going to have to rely on caught pets...please let me know its possible to go on with them? its bad enough that no one wants to squad me because i dont have bought ones, if i cant go on alone without them, i might as well give up now...

Many have. Some servers of PWI still don't have herc/nix I believe. Anyways, the biggest problem isn't that you're using a golem to tank. It's that you're using a Shikou Valorian to tank. At 90 it has 2794 hp, 8362 p def (69%), and 5575 m def (60%). A Crystaline for comparison has 2934 hp, 8792 p def (70%), and 5861 m def (61%). At 75, that's I think 2157 and 2297 hp. So at your level you're using a pet that has 6.5% less hp, takes 3.33% more physical damage, and 2.56% more magic damage. That means it's doing about 8%-10% worse against mobs than a Crystaline would do.

When it comes to dungeons, you're going to need a barb, a herc, or an eldergoth (only on some fights). Being 75 I'm guessing you're using 59, 69, and 79 for your reference points. In those around 73 an eldergoth can tank the fb59 bosses, at some point an eldergoth can tank pyro, at 77 an eldergoth can (barely) tank tank hornshell. A magmite can't tank Polearm until around level 150 (a herc would need about level 140... hp is the limiting factor on it), gaurnob probably level 120 (herc at 79), no clue on the FB79 bosses but they never seemed harder than pyro... you can't range tank any though. I'm guessing 85 for a magmite to tank pyro, and probably 93 for fb79.

There's four ways for you to increase what you can kill right now, and these aren't in any particular order.
    #1. Get a herc. Believe it or not, you can get it. TT is coin candyland. Offer to join any 1-2, 1-3, 2-1, or 2-2 squad looking for dd's. You don't need a herc for that (infact, it's not even a good pet to use in a dd job). Use your share of what the squad gets to sell and put towards a herc. It's not fast, but it does work.

#2. Decrease the damage your pet tanks. In short, level up a Crystaline Magmite. Up to this point the results will be very good. Next add Threaten/Tough, this will get you a moderate return as well. Finally, remove Threaten/Tough/Sandblow in place of herc buffs. Since this step is generally more expensive than a herc you'll probably want to stop at adding threaten/tough.

#3. Decrease mob dps. You can make any pet stop npc casting once every 9 seconds with an 80% success at 75, at 80 you can bump that up to 100% success. On top of that you can remove all physical damage from a mob, so long as the tank isn't a buffed pet. It's expensive to do this between the genie and fox skills. Plus there's a recurring cost of about 960 coin per minute, but it will greatly expand what you can kill. If melee isn't the danger but casting is, you can use lightning chaser to supplement/replace shriek.

#4. Increase how much damage you can heal. Get more gear with +magic, or even better... -channeling. The 73 heal is a cooldown of 1.4 seconds. The difference between 0 and 24 channeling is a spell cycle of 2.9 vs 2.54. That's 14.17% healing effectiveness, almost the same amount as the upgrade to the 83 heal is.

Oh, and I forgot. You may want to consider a Shadou Cub. It's a little worse than a magmite at physical (though it's higher than the Valorian I'm pretty sure... so you even upgrade there), but far better at magic defense which is the biggest weakness all magmites have.
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited September 2009

I have the feeling people are greatly overestimating the effects that game will have on PWI's player base. And on the gaming community at large.

As for getting herc/phoenix, it's not really that hard, if you have the time to put into getting the coins. An event like the anniversary one at the beginning was a great way to make lots of money, if you knew how to do it. I started with an initial investment of 2 millions coins. I ended up with something like 50 millions.

It was not too hard to buy token for 10k, convert them into sought after items (officer's badges, ultimate susbtances, dice tickets, flawless citrines shards, do-all....) and resell them with profit.

I started with making some subs, cost was 35k to make. Was able to sell them for 50k in the beginning. Net profit : 15k. Not that much, but sell 100 of those and you just made 1.5 millions coins net profit. Sell 1000 and you made 15 millions... And I reinvested all the profit I made into buying more token, to make more items, to make even more coins. it took time, it was boring, sitting there in cat shop for hours, but it was worth it in the end.

It's harder to make that kind of money now, since people woke up, and are selling them for more than 10k, and that a lot of people are buying them now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Just whatever you do, don't try to buy Sofs or Pfs from the AH. Last few days, I've seen them in there for 25k-40k a piece.
    >.<
  • Teh_fishey - Dreamweaver
    Teh_fishey - Dreamweaver Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Its probably better to wait, just because that gold prices are probably going to go down eventually, and your wasting more money than you have too if you buy one now. Plus if you bought it via gold you minus well just sell the gold, wait it out, buy the nix, and have an extra couple mil.

Its not impossible to get one, but its not that as a veno we actually "need" one. Like I said, if you wait, its probably gonna be cheaper.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Note: No thats not me... I stole that from the interwebs b:chuckle
    BTW.... YOU ROCK FORSAKENX <3

I like to think of myself as a dog, I can be cute and cuddly but sniff people's butts and get away with it ><>

Warlock recruiting lvl 70+ on the Dreamweaver Server.
    PM an officer for an invite.

b:heartb:flowerb:faint
  • XKIAx - Heavens Tear
    XKIAx - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I saw someone shout in WC that he's selling SoF/feathers for 5k each b:shocked

So yea, i'll never get a nix. b:surrender
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    Wow, 5k? Cheap! Grab them!

(Catshops here: 6k, I've even seen 7k)

And whilst I have previously tried to be optimistic.... yeah, gold prices will drop at end of September. They'll drop down to 500k or so. (Having risen past there in the meantime) Maybe 450 if we're lucky.

There's no deflationary pressure in the game.
  • KoudelkaMorg - Heavens Tear
    KoudelkaMorg - Heavens Tear Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I've never wanted a herc. I doubt I'll play to the point I'll really benefit from one. Nix would be cool, especially now that I've my lv2 tome and won't need to buy hay that often.

Currently I only have 3 pet slots (need just a few more fruit!). b:sad

They are filled with

Kira - My same level Jaden Qingfu, because Jormund my magmite is slooooow and can't resist magic at all.

Illyria - 4x undine wench that I am very close to trading for a Death Dancer if they are actually better like I've read.

unamed Desert Waspkin - Rarely use, had a sawfly and use htis instead for a reason I can't remember. Probably because EVERYONE else uses a saw fly and a magmite.

Plan on using 4th etc. slot for Cragrock Warrior, Petali, or Kowlin

I want to know the stats of those butterflies, and the aH has a filter for Snow creatures. Never seen one even on other sites so WTF?

Wish that the snake air mobs were an option for a pet, as being limited to wasps and a flying fox or pig until 8x when you can get a butterfly is odd.
    I Aim To Misbehave
  • ShadowDrag - Lost City
    ShadowDrag - Lost City Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    well thats a good sign...for wizzys...less nixes to worry about =)
    (was bored and deiced to check out veno part of the forums )
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    well thats a good sign...for wizzys...less nixes to worry about =)
    (was bored and deiced to check out veno part of the forums )

At your level, pretty sure all the venos that wanted one already have one... and by the time new ones reach your level, phoenix will be affordable, even with current gold prices. (not any more expensive than a lunar/frost weapon atm).
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    batta710 wrote: »
    Hi

In this so called * Sky High * market of Gold price ... do you ppl think Nix or Herc is a dream now for the players who didn't buy it yet ?

so now : what to do ?

1. Give magmite and sawfly new skills ?
    2. waiting for another good time for veno ?

please give your suggestions

thanks
    Simply have patience. Also, know the market -- what sells more frequently and for higher, and use it to your advantage. If you want it now, buy gold, and you'll pay about the same as people who had bought them a few months ago. On HT they're going 5000-7000 a pop, and gold is 400k. So you're paying 50-70mil, which is $125-$175 directly from gold<=>coins. When gold was 180k here following Jolly Jones, and 3K for SOF/PF, it was still roughly $170. So as far as gold trading is concerned, it's still the same. The only issue is those who don't want to pay in gold now have to pay like 3x more than before the Jolly Jones event, which seemed like yesterday, to pay in coins.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    What would be a good item to trade for 9999 of sof/ff?
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    When you've got... seventy four million?! Wowzers.

Or when you see them on sale cheaply. They stack, so it's just the one bank slot.