Lengendary Pet Guide (Herc + Nix)

Comments

• BloodFire - Harshlands
    BloodFire - Harshlands Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Hi. I'm a lvl 53 veno and I currently have a lvl 53 lunar lupin. I'm thinking about buying a herc because I'm seriously tired of having to find help to do everything. Like right now, my spiritual cultivation is on hold because I need help with Frostcovered lands bosses Fugma, Kashu, Omnipotent Drake.

Anyway, my question is: would I be able to solo these kinds of bosses, the ones that arent fb. And, what lvl would I have to get the herc up to to be able to do this? And, would I eventually ever be able to do it on my own with my lunar lupin in later lvls?

Anyway, thanks for any answers. :)
    Sorry for getting to this later than usual.
    Yes you could solo those bosses with a herc, and a good pet heal. Part of this depends on your mag and your Herc lvl. I would try it once you get it to your lvl.
    However it would be a lot easier to have someone do those for you, instead of lvling up your herc to the lvl to do so.
    To begin with you try using a maganite to tank bosses, it's much better for that task than a lupin.
  • god926
    god926 Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    great guide. doing the math it sounds like one of them should be just under $200 dollars in the cash wow. is there a way to buy it in game?
  • BloodFire - Harshlands
    edited August 2009
    god926 wrote: »
    great guide. doing the math it sounds like one of them should be just under $200 dollars in the cash wow. is there a way to buy it in game?
    You can buy it feathers and SOF from the cash shop but I find it's much more expensive doing it that way.
  • god926
    edited August 2009
    thx , i was asking if u can buy it through the game not in the cash shop.
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    You can buy the SOF/PF from players in game, yes. It's usually cheaper to buy gold from the AH and then buy pet packs with that, but gold prices are a little crazy right now so I dunno.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • god926
    edited August 2009
    thxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • BloodFire - Harshlands
    edited August 2009
    god926 wrote: »
    thx , i was asking if u can buy it through the game not in the cash shop.

Sorry I meant cat shop. >.> Should not type at those times of night.
  • Midnitekitty - Heavens Tear
    Midnitekitty - Heavens Tear Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    One question. Do I have to max out Herc's loyalty points b4 putting on the Mystical Tome?
    Btw this is an awsm guide for Legendary pets-in-running/deciding Venos. b:cute
  • EvilDragon - Dreamweaver
    EvilDragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    One question. Do I have to max out Herc's loyalty points b4 putting on the Mystical Tome?
    Btw this is an awsm guide for Legendary pets-in-running/deciding Venos. b:cute

You can always give your pet food, even when you have a tome. But with a tome you dont have to feed your pet, cuz it wont get hungry anymore. Giving it food increases loyaly wich increases dmg and exp gain. But remember, if your pet dies, it loses loyalty. And sometimes you wont notice it cuz you dont have to feed your pet anymore.
  • woyaa
    woyaa Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Fix the photos of the growth charts!
    Nix's growth chart makes me lol
    I managed to hit level 104 on a X5 rates server!
    b:cute
    How you level 101's on X1 can stand it, I don't know b:shocked
    Woyaa|Level 104|Venomancer|Heaven|Heavy Fox
    SpringBud|Level 98|Wizard|Heaven|LA Mage <--Goes to DP
    Lowbie Alts:
    FrostSong|Level 90|Cleric|Heaven|Full Vit Cleric
    IcantPWN|Level 77|BladeMaster|Axe/Fists HA/LA
    X0neX|Level 89|Archer|Hell|Exotic EA (1 Mag each level)
    LaZy|Level 91|Cleric|Heaven|Full Int, retired
    T4nker|Level 8x|Barbarian|Full Con, playing on this one
  • UsedTo - Dreamweaver
    UsedTo - Dreamweaver Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Well, hi. I've asked myself this enough. Time for an answer!
    Does Nix get stuck in the land as often as other flying mobs like the Sawfly? Cause if it does, and it's not even a bug, then..it's pathetic
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Does Nix get stuck in the land as often as other flying mobs like the Sawfly? Cause if it does, and it's not even a bug, then..it's pathetic

yups.. all flying pets get stuck.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • BloodFire - Harshlands
    edited August 2009
    Yes like Jazmine said, flying pets get caught in the ground. But you can use the follow command to get them unstuck in quick cases most of the time. It bites in PVP battles though.
  • IGOTSWAGG - Dreamweaver
    IGOTSWAGG - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I think that BloodFire's guide is exceptionally useful, espeacially to me. Had my Veno for about a month now and I didnt start learning about Hercs and Nixs till last week. I dont know much about this forum either so... But i think the guide is great and im looking forward to seeing more useful info. Great Job BloodFire *and whoever the contributers are, well done* =D
  • UsedTo - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    So does it happen often? Doesn't it get you nervous and makes you think something like *why the hell did i buy this chicken who knows only to get stuck and step on my nerves* ?
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    So does it happen often? Doesn't it get you nervous and makes you think something like *why the hell did i buy this chicken who knows only to get stuck and step on my nerves* ?

It happens every time the pet is on 'attack' and there is a bump between where it currently is and the monster.

It's annoying as anything, but easy enough to learn to avoid. (Jumping before you send it to attack works)
  • UsedTo - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    Oh, k. b:thanks
  • Lolite - Heavens Tear
    Lolite - Heavens Tear Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited September 2009

Is it just me or did anyone else also find that nix gets stuck less after the early September patch?
    Moved to WoW b:bye
  • kinkatana
    kinkatana Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I recently acquired a Herc, and changed out Pounce for Bash. He still loses aggro constantly, and the Bash is NOT automatic like on the Magmites. My Volcanic Magmite seems like a god compared to this pathetic excuse of a pet. Is there a way to turn the Bash to Automatic? I do not like having to click Bash between every single spell I cast on something. My Magmite also has Sandblow which I get to activate whenever I want him to have extra aggro. I can't pull anything off my Volcanic Magmite. These features should be on something called a Legendary...should they not??? I should never have an issue with aggro from something that is called the best pet in game. (Ground anyway)

Hope to get a response soon, as I am losing my mind with how much I WASTED on this useless tub of ****.

P.S., I complained to the PWI Customer Service about this issue as well.
  • Chibah - Dreamweaver
    Chibah - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Great!!!
    Thanks for the explanations about these pets.
    Been playing 2 days now and i couldnt figure out what that budha was doing sitting in the crowed...
    -__- Saw them ask for Herc Veno's but i expacted a heavy armoured Vano NOT A GOLDEN BUDHA!!! Anyway now i can stop my search and finaly start spending my money on something USEFUL <(^_^<)...
  • Lythiaana - Dreamweaver
    Lythiaana - Dreamweaver Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    So, does any tome work to keep the herc/nix fed and full loyalty?
  • PrincesFreak - Lost City
    PrincesFreak - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    well You're doing it wrong because as far as I know its Source of Force and not Souls but maybe I am mistaken
  • Pyroki - Harshlands
    Pyroki - Harshlands Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    kinkatana wrote: »
    I recently acquired a Herc, and changed out Pounce for Bash. He still loses aggro constantly, and the Bash is NOT automatic like on the Magmites. My Volcanic Magmite seems like a god compared to this pathetic excuse of a pet. Is there a way to turn the Bash to Automatic? I do not like having to click Bash between every single spell I cast on something. My Magmite also has Sandblow which I get to activate whenever I want him to have extra aggro. I can't pull anything off my Volcanic Magmite. These features should be on something called a Legendary...should they not??? I should never have an issue with aggro from something that is called the best pet in game. (Ground anyway)

Hope to get a response soon, as I am losing my mind with how much I WASTED on this useless tub of ****.

P.S., I complained to the PWI Customer Service about this issue as well.

You can turn the bash skill to automatic by right clicking the bash skill on the herc's skill bar right after you summon him out. You should see the square get highlighted around the edges. The only downside is that you have to do this every single time you resummon your herc. The game sets the first skill (the one on the far left of the skill bar) as automatic when you resummon, which is why your magmite's bash is automatic.
    So, does any tome work to keep the herc/nix fed and full loyalty?

The tome will keep your herc/nix from going hungry, but your pet will still lose loyalty if it dies to a mob/pvp/tw/ect. Otherwise meat and hay would be a lot cheaper b:chuckle
  • Meepsdw - Harshlands
    Meepsdw - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    yay i like this guide im going to get the fiery chicken first :D
  • Bellamontage - Lost City
    Bellamontage - Lost City Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I switched my plan of getting a herc first to getting the nix, but one thing I wanna know - The guide says best to grind on foxwings - does this mean grind on them as soon as you get it at level 1 or from a higher level? If from a higher level, what's the best path of mobs to grind on 'til it's able to cope on foxwings?

Thanks in advance
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nerd by Nature
  • buourn1
    buourn1 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2009

Before PWI came out I already had a guide made for all pets...

Ignore the change in names/lingo

So yeah, no one is ever original, but we are all helpful^^
  • rinuruc
    rinuruc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Level One: http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/k...ld/phoenix.jpg
    Level Ninety: http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/k.../phoenix90.jpg

these dont work anymore,... can anyone upload em again?
  • _Mercie_ - Harshlands
    _Mercie_ - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/items/9757 its a different version i know and the info is correct im sure but is there, one for this version with current names? im sorry if this was alrdy asked but 8x odd pages is alot to scroll tho. ive been wanting a nix every since i was told they are beastly air pets, also that air/water mobs give 1.5x exp. while hay is 7-8k selling to cat shops at the lower end price i can roughly buy the pet with 9999 hay drops+ normal cash drops and anything else the mobs may drop. but my main queestion is, what out of all of the listed mobs on that list have the most hay % drop. sorry about the long post and any info would be greatly appreiacted. thank you all and have a nice day.
  • thunde88
    thunde88 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    How much do a herc cost? and is it worth to get one?

Have everyone that have one pay the 200$ people write or can i get it for 100$?

Bc 200$ is 80 million coins and if i have so much coins i dont need a herc to get more coins lol. For 50$ you get about 20 million coins.

So then its should be better (if you dont love to play as a veno) to only pay 50$ or something if you need some coins.

Or is it possible to grind/farm 80 million coins??
  • Aniella - Harshlands
    Aniella - Harshlands Posts: 729 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    nja its alot ppl who don't wnat to spend all their money on game..

and y can make better pet then legendary...
    lol little bear/armored bear are good too if y lvl it skills it can also solo bosses,,
    And petie sawfly is good pk pet. lvl his skils and he is almost better then nix. use ur head before useing real money on game!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

QQ If i did Crazy stone at 3x AND not 6x, i had been lvl 105 now!
    Didnt know about Bh/CrazyStone before lvl 6x LOL