How much money have you spend on this Game?

1235»

Comments

• eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    We do give warnings, but information regarding disciplinary action will always be private.
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    The only few that I haven't had replied to are ones where a blanket statement about the issue has been announced. Usually after a major server wide problem. *early ending of sales ... COUGH*
    My girlfriend lost some Gold during that mishap, and received a reply to her ticket 2 days after it happened, which I consider pretty darn fast. They do a good job.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Eriestrength - Sanctuary
    Eriestrength - Sanctuary Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    none, ive paid for all my stuff with ingame coin
  • suki3000
    suki3000 Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    if u spend cash ur not a good player in my eyes

Well thats a bit harsh, people spend money for a variety of reasons, some; dont have as much free time to play the game as others do (sometimes due to study/work/family commitments ect).
    Buying helps players progress and catch up to others in their faction or just to level. Others buy because they what to support this game, kind of giving something back for such a good free mmo. Some spend just because they are in a financial position to spend. It's great that you dont need to spend a single dime in this game if u don't want to, I may be wrong but it's only because of the money that is made from the boutique that this game maintained and still running.

Lets face it a game of this quality would not be running if it didnt make a profit.
    I havent spent a cracker yet, but I plan to.
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    We do give warnings, but information regarding disciplinary action will always be private.

I can understand keeping to a policy of keeping disciplinary action private (though I disagree with the policy), however in a situation like mine was even a response back saying they found reason to/not to take action against the persons account, without telling me what action would have been better than a simple four word answer of "We'll look into it". From the times I saw the person in question ingame after that, I can take a guess as to what action was taken against him (if any) and others in WC after the incident saying he did the same to them.

That CS incident was the only one of the three to really upset me (as it took three days, which is still within the stated time though the other two were responded to within hours) to get a four word response with no followup. The other two were very quick responses (one of them was a 15 minute response, the other was about 8 hours) and I can't complain about either although one didn't go in my favor. But, I'll drop the subject now since it's not really on topic.
  • Mythsoul - Heavens Tear
    Mythsoul - Heavens Tear Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Played 9 months without spending 1 cent, eventually now I spent over $150
    All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring.
  • Hallepaurion - Dreamweaver
    Hallepaurion - Dreamweaver Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    ahh :( the temptation of a Herc was just too great... Well done PWI for creating such a desirable pixel...

This game is entertainment and I don't mind paying for something I CHOOSE to pay for...

I only don't like it when payment is said to be "player's choice" but game-play demands that you make a "paying" choice. there are moments that I feel that with PWI, but overall, if u wanted to do it entirely free-to-play... obviously there are people who have proven you can :)
  • Mellamino - Dreamweaver
    Mellamino - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I spent 10$ and bought the inventory extension stone. I must say that I initially began PWI just as something to try while waiting for another game which is coming out in September. I have only been playing this game for a week, but have really enjoyed my time here. The game has surpassed all expectations; it really is a very nice free-to-play game. In the end, I found it worth it to at least buy something as a nod of thanks to the developers.

I don't really understand the elitism some people have against folk who have actually paid money to help fund the game.

Cheers,
    -Mel
  • IWar - Lost City
    IWar - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Havent spent a dime
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    This thread is going to lock real fast if people continue to accuse GMs of not providing customer support. Everyone knows that is a fallacy, and it is an insult to our entire Customer Support team. Talk bad to me all you want, but do not insult our GMs for working all day to assist users with their issues just because you have a personal problem with them.
    Everyone that has ever needed their help knows that GMs provide excellent support. It's merely a few dozen naysayers with noisy forum presences that say otherwise.

I've been told by GM's that I'm "one of the more vocal members of our forums" so now it's time to put it to some good use. Yes, over the past year, every time I have sent in a ticket it has been eventually responded to. There were a few "bumps" they had to work out when first starting, but that's to be expected, and when given proof that what we the players were saying was true, action was taken quickly, and it's been much better since. The GM's do what they can in their power. GM's cannot do anything about bugfixes and the like so complaining about the GM's because of a bug is just silly. The GM's are also not here to give you everything you want, they have rules to follow about what they can and cannot do.

/soapbox

The GM's do listen to us, they obviously can't give us everything, but they do a good job, so I have no problems helping to pay their salaries.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nelanther
    nelanther Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I'm playing the game without spending money. My goal was to create the ultimate PVP character and so far I've succeeded as much as one can without choosing a venomancer. But to say that my character was free would not be true as I have used the auction system to buy thousands of gold. So in essence my character cost like $2000.

As long as other people are willing to sell gold at the auction house, this game most certainly does not require money to be good.
  • Zyhara - Sanctuary
    Zyhara - Sanctuary Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    $300 because I am a compulsive buyer... *sigh*
  • Gingerfoxx - Heavens Tear
    Gingerfoxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Nothing. :P
    I grind to get money and use my money for rl things.
  • PinkPetunia - Lost City
    PinkPetunia - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I read most of this thread, but not all so maybe these points were brought up already...

This is a F2P game... a business = they need to make profit. If nobody bought from the boutique, PWE would not be able to continue running this game for us. [What would most of yyou do without this game -_-] AND for all the people who say they never bought zen, but still have cash shop items... SOMEONE had to buy it from the boutique or CHARGE that zen for you to purchase it.

I have spent ~$400USD, most of which was spent on either hp charms, fashion, and dragon orbs. Mostly fashion b:surrender
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Mostly fashion b:surrender

I know the feeling, I have a maxed "wardrobe" and almost out of room. b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    For those flaming the GM's, it's actually the devs who decide everything, and every complaint and suggestion made by players is actually passed on to the devs by the GM's. They can't help it either if the devs turn a deaf ear =/
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I do find it interesting all the people having complaints about this game, honestly. While I've had my issues, it's nothing compared to my last MMO. It was a F2P as well. I spent 3 years on that PoS. Never spent a dime. In the 8 months I've been here, I've enjoyed myself so much more than that other game, to the point where I actually broke down and spent money. Quite a bit of money at that. The first month of playing this game actually entertained me more than the entire time I spent on my other game, so for me, all that money I put in was completely worth it. Which is really what this all comes down to. Worth. If something is worth a lot to you, you give it value. I value my entertainment very high. If I enjoy something, I put money into it. Perfect World, while it does have its rough points, is probably the best game, in terms of long term enjoyment, I have played in my entire gaming life. I'm a speedrunner. I blow through console games at high velocity. You should see jet streams coming off my characters as fast as I play. This game actually makes me slow down, and enjoy it, and for that, it is more than worth the money and time I have put into it.
  • Rei_Rei - Heavens Tear
    Rei_Rei - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    About $300.

I love spoiling myself and giving myself gifts! I open the game and there is a limited edition mount waiting for me
  • Black_wolve - Sanctuary
    Black_wolve - Sanctuary Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    i rather buy gold then whats in the game and the reason is they charge way to much for mats and everything else and iam not the only one who has said this i hear it all the time in the game .

Why buy a mount for lets see 5 to 40 gold then sell it for 5mil or more on the game that i dont understand proberly never will i mean how many can afford it when you have skills to pay for and armor etc.

Iam not going to put any one down at all it's hard when you play a game and it's hard enough when you grind to make enough so you can use on skills etc.

Maybe thats why every one comes to me for wine etc i dont charge so high for it idk but any case thats why i buy gold it's cheaper for me in the long run
  • Opaline - Dreamweaver
    Opaline - Dreamweaver Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Some people's time is worth more than others. It's just a painful truth.

If I spend 1 hour of this game farming mats for coin, I'm not sure I can earn more than 300-400k. That's roughly equivalent to about 2-3 dollars worth of gold. And I'm not really having fun while farming. Nor am I becoming a better player by doing this.

I'm guessing that many adult professionals can probably earn 10 times that amount or more at their day job. There are probably a fair number of players who can probably make $500 a day at their day job. For these people, it makes more sense to just drop a few hours worth of salary and save themselves from having to spend weeks getting paid like a gold farmer in a sweat shop.

And for people who like to brag about not even spending a dollar on this game, good for you. If you get enjoyment out of farming mats for 8 hours straight, good for you. But if you hate farming and could have spent those 8 hours doing something more productive, then maybe you should be rethinking your priorities.