Level of satisfaction with the customer service.

Comments

• Belial - Heavens Tear
    Belial - Heavens Tear Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I had some issues, they were resolved fast. I was happy with that.

I lost some item during a bad PW crash some time ago - they responded and resolved it faster than the bank that swallowed up poundsign300 at a cash machine and gives me an ETA of 2 to 3 months for getting it back ;).
  • UnwingdAngel - Sanctuary
    UnwingdAngel - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    All I can say is that I moved from a P2P game to Perfect World a few weeks ago, and there's a world of difference between the two. Perfect World is so much better in every way! I just cancelled my 2+yrs subscription.
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    im satisfied in that they respond to any ticket i send, even if it takes a while.

what i am NOT satisfied with, is that they seem to take NO ACTION against people i report for things, such as harassment, or pking in cube entrance.
  • Starr - Harshlands
    Starr - Harshlands Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    when the game first opened gm response time was great. longer the server has been open, the less likely to get a response. take into account increased number of players... but still a response once in awhile would be nice.

ticketing system has not worked for me. i get vague answers that are not really answers at all. "we are looking into it" does not explain a specific issue/concern. seems to take a really long time to get answers.

i also agree with the above poster about certain supposed "bannable" actions that seem to go unenforced. of course GM s can not say what action they take so the reporting party doesn't know what happened. however when you report someone and continue to see them every day, the conclusion is nothing happened. i think that there should be a name and shame board. not for first time offenders but maybe by third offense they get pegged on the board. like the Crime Digest police log in the newspaper. if you dont want to be on the board then dont break the rules.

seems to me overall this is a time when customer service should be at 110% to retain players. yet to me is seems customer service has declined. maybe the 100+ weather got the GM 's depressed. b:laugh
    the good Starr
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    We need people to realize that we will never tell you the specific action taken against a user reported, this is for a few reasons:

-you have no real need to know.
    -players could use this information to harass the reported player.
    -players should be able to have a chance to improve their behavior without being "named and shamed"

I understand you may not like this, but people have the right to privacy. My question is, if we warn a user, how is there any way for you to know that they were warned? I don't think that the lack of any visible disciplinary action should immediately denote that no action was taken. If you see a user repeating an offense that they were previously reported for, please report them again, there's no viable way to monitor the behavior of every single player who has ever been reported.

The issue with a player blacklist is the moderation. Anyone could put anyone's name on there whether or not the players actually did anything bad. This would quickly degrade into revenge posting and end in flaming and accusations, none of which would prevent the issues that the blacklist was intended to prevent.
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    We need people to realize that we will never tell you the specific action taken against a user reported, this is for a few reasons:

-you have no real need to know.
    -players could use this information to harass the reported player.
    -players should be able to have a chance to improve their behavior without being "named and shamed"

I understand you may not like this, but people have the right to privacy. My question is, if we warn a user, how is there any way for you to know that they were warned? I don't think that the lack of any visible disciplinary action should immediately denote that no action was taken. If you see a user repeating an offense that they were previously reported for, please report them again, there's no viable way to monitor the behavior of every single player who has ever been reported.

The issue with a player blacklist is the moderation. Anyone could put anyone's name on there whether or not the players actually did anything bad. This would quickly degrade into revenge posting and end in flaming and accusations, none of which would prevent the issues that the blacklist was intended to prevent.

what i know, is that abusing the bug in cube entrance was stated several times by gms on this forum as being a one time offense instant ban.. and this has not been upheld.
  • Starrr - Harshlands
    Starrr - Harshlands Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited August 2009

how about getting specifics when i send an email about my own accounts? having to wait another 5 days for an answer because of only getting partial answers is a joke. especially when my accounts have already been banned for 5 days for bogus reasons.

only getting a vague responses about my own accounts is pathetic. cant even get the specific reason as to why they were banned in the first place.
    Staring at the wall is much more rewarding than playing PW.
  • eatwithspoons
    edited August 2009
    how about getting specifics when i send an email about my own accounts? having to wait another 5 days for an answer because of only getting partial answers is a joke. especially when my accounts have already been banned for 5 days for bogus reasons.

only getting a vague responses about my own accounts is pathetic. cant even get the specific reason as to why they were banned in the first place.

Please take your issue up with customer support, I do not answer tickets, so it would be wrong of me to speak to your specific issue without fully knowing the details
  • narc0tix
    narc0tix Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2009

Poor Spooners. I can imagine now what they tell him in the office.... "But what if they ask about their tickets that havent been replied too?" --- "Just tell them to submit a ticket to answer their ticket, none of this sh*t is going anywhere anyways." b:laugh
    Nova - Marksman / Bard
  • eatwithspoons
    edited August 2009
    narc0tix wrote: »
    Poor Spooners. I can imagine now what they tell him in the office.... "But what if they ask about their tickets that havent been replied too?" --- "Just tell them to submit a ticket to answer their ticket, none of this sh*t is going anywhere anyways." b:laugh

But they do get replies, I'm not sure of the exact issue there, regardless it can't be resolved via the forums. b:surrender
  • narc0tix
    edited August 2009
    But they do get replies, I'm not sure of the exact issue there, regardless it can't be resolved via the forums. b:surrender

I'm just trying to make the point of : Dont shoot the messenger, since you seem to have alot of flustered people raging at you b:shocked
    Nova - Marksman / Bard
  • Mirabeth - Sanctuary
    Mirabeth - Sanctuary Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    You know, even though I've waited six days before for a ticket response, and I've still got issues with a memory leak (though not as bad) that has never been resolved, I am very satisfied with the customer service. In no other game I've played would a GM take the time to trouble shoot with me for five minutes let alone a half hour. Sure, I complain with other people about problems, but that's because every game has room for improvement. The GMs can only do so much. They can only take what we say to the Devs and hope they take the suggestions and complaints to heart. They don't have control over the game aside from monitoring and support. We tend to blame the GMs for everything from glitches to sale problems and it's not really their fault. But they're the ones we communicate with. And I think the customer service in this game is damn good, considering what it could be.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you Skybelle for the wonderful sig

Where did you go, where did you go? How did you know to get out of a world gone mad? Help me let go of the chaos around me, the devil that hounds me. I need you to tell me "Child be still". If the darkest hour comes before the light, where is the light?
  • eatwithspoons
    edited August 2009
    Heh it's ok, I don't mind I just want people to be able to get helped b:victory
  • narc0tix
    edited August 2009
    Well i give you credit mate, you do a good job keeping us informed. if it was me i'd already told these people where to take their tickets and put them in very specific detail b:chuckle
    Nova - Marksman / Bard
  • f0xinfekt
    f0xinfekt Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    My account is banned due to a payment error with zen and ive been trying to contact pwe since.

I have submitted 4 tickets and have been calling their billing support phone number all day and even left two messages.

I would love to just talk to someone of pw staff and work something out possibly.
    But alas that has not happened yet and it saddens me
  • TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    f0xinfekt wrote: »
    My account is banned due to a payment error with zen and ive been trying to contact pwe since.

I have submitted 4 tickets and have been calling their billing support phone number all day and even left two messages.

I would love to just talk to someone of pw staff and work something out possibly.
    But alas that has not happened yet and it saddens me
    there is ur anwser
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shammahbenjudah
    shammahbenjudah Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Aside from what I perceive to be over-nerfing to generate $$$$, I agree this is a well developed and very playable game. With regards to customer service, it has been non-existant in my experience.

On every occaision that I've submitted a ticket, the issues have remained completely unresolved. I haven't even gotten so much as an auto response saying something like "We're sorry you're experiencing difficulty, please be patient and someone will get back to you". Which is probably just as well, it would be a lie because someone is NOT going to look into your problem and get back to you.

For those who have been fortunate enough to get a response or even actually some help, consider yourself LUCKY, because many more of us go completely ignored.
  • Darkangelbri - Lost City
    Darkangelbri - Lost City Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I've had one or two issues with the game however nothing serious enough to submit a ticket. However I have heard stories from some friends that they have recieved very poor to little customer service. As far as the bonus zen sale as well as a few other sales I believe they should make sure that they stay in game untill the given expiration time.
  • cloezy1
    cloezy1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I have to say, I sent in a ticket the other day, and had a reply the next day, even though my problem magically solved itself on its own. That was incredibly fast work.

I lurk the technical support catagory to learn new tricks and information to help new players, and I often find myself inclined to help take load off of the GMs by giving technical advice myself. The advice the GM's or moderators give, 90% of the time is from pre-programmed guides, an official policy statement or go-to submit ticket. I think the GM's would do well to learn some tech savvy knowledge on their own and take a second to answer those questions more thoroughly. But I don't blame them if some of them are not tech savvy at all or completely swamped with work.

Some things are overlooked and sometimes we're just so engulfed with work that we accidently give the wrong piece of information. It happens.

The best you can do is hope company ethics over-rule greed.
    (\-/)
    (o.o)

This is Bunny. Bunny wants to Rule the world.
    Put this in your sig to help Bunny to World Domination.
  • Susie_Q - Lost City
    Susie_Q - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I personally have never received any replies to the tickets that I have submitted within a period of a week. Only twice have I received any acknowledgment of any kind within a week and the rest of the times been ignored completely, which makes me wonder if that is so because I have spent almost nothing on this game.

Besides other issues for e.g the game just crashing and everyone logs back in to find out that they are dead. Never even seen an apology for that or compensation of any kind.

Also banning someone who makes new 1 chars to make genies? I think there are more important and pressing matters to be taken care of than someone who makes new chars to make genies.

Foul language, racial slurs also seem to be not taken care of.

These might be small issues to some, but not for many people who want a wholesome gaming experience. If the customer service does not intend to exercise discretion or common sense, who is at fault if people are leaving?
  • Viper_girl - Heavens Tear
    Viper_girl - Heavens Tear Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I voted neutral on this. The important issues I have had have so far all been solved. The main reason I did not rate it higher is that it took quite a while for me to get responses.

I think GMs have it tough because as someone pointed out they get overwhelmed by the complaints caused by some major problem caused by a different department.

I mean how silly is it that someone didn't set the date and time right for sale ending times. The first time it happened you can put it down to human error, but this has happened repeatedly. I am sure the GMs have told the IT department/Devs that it is a major headache when this happens and yet they still repeat the mistake.

I can imagine what the GMs are saying amongst themselves when they come in to work to see a gazillion complaints because the other department F..d up again.
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    Krisnda - Lost City Posts: 1,465 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    the GM service is awesome, nuf said
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
    - Have the computer skills necessary to handle forum-related tasks (Web skills, basic programming)
    - Be patient to handle all sorts of requests
    - Be level-headed to keep discussions and some petty squabbles in check.b:cool
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    @cloezy1

In regards to the Tech Support Zone side of things...

I actually wrote most of the Tech Support Zone FAQs in the forums for our games, and many of the Tech Support replies based on the tens of thousands of tickets (and what has worked for people the most) we have answered since September 2008, and I wrote most of the Tech help guides (posted and pdf guides)for installing and downloading the games. Some of our players have come up with solutions I immediately put into the FAQ and/or pass along to the appropriate people to make things work better for our players.

While you may think our replies are pre-made, keep in mind some are pre-made based on other players with your real-world, similar issue. Our replies are based on a high success rate based on feedback from our players.

When we encounter an issue we haven't seen before, we research it, and it sometimes takes time. When you guys answer ALL the questions we ask, it helps us help you faster.

We work hard to help our players with technical issues. When we get the dxdiag and hijackthis logs from you guys, we actually read them and compare them against what we know the game will work on, and see if the logs show any errors or other bad things showing. It can be very time consuming.

I don't know any large mainstream game company that takes the time to help in such a personal way for their players, much less a F2P game company.
    I dread trying to get customer or tech support form other companies because I know HOW they should treat me and help me, but don't.

We help ALL of our players, whether they buy things or not.

Happy customers make more happy customers. I know this, and PWE knows this.

While us GMs/Admins/Mods/Staff don't have anything to do on the dev/marketing/production decision side, we do have something to do with all of you on a daily basis and love how nice and helpful the majority of our players are.

With all of the tasks we handle every day, what never gets old are all of the thank yous and kind words that we get from you all. It makes the job very enjoyable b:pleasedb:victory

So thanks to all of you for playing and giving us feedback!
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Drazo - Dreamweaver
    Drazo - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,187 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I never say thank you or similar respond in the tickets because I thought it would just be wasting their time. Once solved, ticket closed I'd say. b:victory

Most of my tickets have been 'one-ticket, one-reply' issues anyway.
    Non-mule characters:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]....and Drazomyst.
  • Landmaster - Lost City
    Landmaster - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    i will sit around watching people ****, harass, or just plan bother other people and i take screenshots or call a gm... nothing i have never once gotten a reply from a ticket or even a gm, honestly im sick of gm favoritism in the game we all know its happening, we all know big cashshop users get away with anything including hacking cause the gms dont want to lose any money do they, they dont do anything. i honestly think the current GMs suck they dont do **** we need some new ones who dont favor any one person in game, or that actually do something to hackers, botters, harassers and actually uphold what there little rules say for a change.
  • cloezy1
    cloezy1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    i will sit around watching people ****, harass, or just plan bother other people and i take screenshots or call a gm... nothing i have never once gotten a reply from a ticket or even a gm, honestly im sick of gm favoritism in the game we all know its happening, we all know big cashshop users get away with anything including hacking cause the gms dont want to lose any money do they, they dont do anything. i honestly think the current GMs suck they dont do **** we need some new ones who dont favor any one person in game, or that actually do something to hackers, botters, harassers and actually uphold what there little rules say for a change.

You don't know for sure exactly what they do to these people. Account information is private.
    (\-/)
    (o.o)

This is Bunny. Bunny wants to Rule the world.
    Put this in your sig to help Bunny to World Domination.
  • eatwithspoons
    edited August 2009

you must be talking about another game, because that's not how we run things here. Making accusations like this is against the rules, aside from the fact that they are false.
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Um....i am happy. b:pleased

Thanks to everyone that's helped me in the past. b:thanks

I will continue to play and have fun. b:victory
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sharksfire - Heavens Tear
    Sharksfire - Heavens Tear Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I wonder if with the new free zen surveys and offers, if they will be flooded with tickets. Even if it isnt a tech support issue, wont they still get wheres my zen? etc. etc.? If this is the case I hope most the extra money made from these offers is to hire more tekkies and give them raises. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Landmaster - Lost City
    Landmaster - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    no i am speaking of this game, hands down this is a great game but how nothing gets done is upsetting, i realize gms have a hard job yes and user privacy is a must, but even so i still have never bin answered from anyone on any of my complaints in game and out