How much money have you spend on this Game?

Comments

• KatieMorgan - Sanctuary
    KatieMorgan - Sanctuary Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    i have spent $0 in this game, same as i've spent in all other f2p games i've played. this is not because i don't want to support the game or can't afford it- i just like to make it a personal challenge to see how well i can do in the se types of games without spending any $.

with that said, i find it kinda silly the few people on this thread who are calling fail on cash spenders. do you realize that without people that spend $ on this game, there would be no game for you to play? spending money in the cash shop does not make you a better or worse player in this game- it just gets you to where you want to go faster. why would you call people fail for doing this?
  • Gammaburst - Harshlands
    Gammaburst - Harshlands Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I remembered i played an online games several years back called Civilization IV. It had a club/ranking systems website that was free to become a member. I gave $20 every 3 months for gold membership just cause i enjoyed the service it provided and wanted to support it. All gold membership got you was a little icon by your name and a graph showing your wins and loses for a longer period of time, so not really worth anything. I just felt good supporting a nice service people worked hard to bring others.

I guess i was pretty stupid according some in this community. If this game did not have a cash shop but merely offed a way to give money i would more than likely give/donate money to it. But that because I'm not good i reckon.

I bought 50 zen 3 times so far and still have some gold and need little else. I feel comfortable with that.
  • Miss_Tika - Lost City
    Miss_Tika - Lost City Posts: 730 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    i have spent $0 in this game, same as i've spent in all other f2p games i've played. this is not because i don't want to support the game or can't afford it- i just like to make it a personal challenge to see how well i can do in the se types of games without spending any $.

with that said, i find it kinda silly the few people on this thread who are calling fail on cash spenders. do you realize that without people that spend $ on this game, there would be no game for you to play? spending money in the cash shop does not make you a better or worse player in this game- it just gets you to where you want to go faster. why would you call people fail for doing this?

Because they spill their entire paycheck into a silly game. That's pretty fail imo.

This game is all about one thing that P2P MMO's don't have: Instant Satisfaction
  • Yuriyasha - Harshlands
    Yuriyasha - Harshlands Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    lol i spent 2 much money on this game xD b:chuckle
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    like $80 or something stupid. i can has back please? 80/12 = $6.67 a month... cheaper than $15 but w/e

edit: i think that 80 included the free 10$ for getting over 40 in closed betaz
  • Yuriyasha - Harshlands
    edited August 2009
    errr i know this is out of topic....
    but i cant find all my screen shots i took b:surrender
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    According to the poll, free (or nearly free) players still win. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Yuriyasha - Harshlands
    edited August 2009
    nvm i found out how :Db :victory
  • Taarloor - Harshlands
    Taarloor - Harshlands Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    if u spend cash ur not a good player in my eyes

if u dont spend cash ur a disrespectful leech IMO ;)
  • Viper_girl - Heavens Tear
    Viper_girl - Heavens Tear Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Because they spill their entire paycheck into a silly game. That's pretty fail imo.

This game is all about one thing that P2P MMO's don't have: Instant Satisfaction

What this Poll tells me is that many paying players are having to support the habits of non-paying players.

And Instant Satisfaction? I wish. Even if I could afford the insane number of Oracles to level up to 102 and PK you b:laugh , it would take me a very long time to go through those Oracles and I would probably have to hire a high level bodyguard to eliminate the PKrs who don't like the idea of me doing 10,000+ Oracles in a row.b:chuckle
  • SirPoopALots - Harshlands
    SirPoopALots - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    This game is awesome though... and you wouldn't be here right now if you think it isn't...
  • Belligero - Sanctuary
    Belligero - Sanctuary Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    If I had the money, honestly, I would buy thousands of Gold, and be one of those greedy **** that sell it for 200k per piece. XD

But... so far only invested $20 in the game.
    Belligero
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    if u dont spend cash ur a disrespectful leech IMO ;)

its free to play

not 'donate' to play
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited August 2009

This is a joke, right?

You spend money going to the movie theaters, yes? So does that make you a bad moviegoer to pay for the entertainment? Or, if you have never attended a movie at the movie house, you've paid to play a game at an arcade or paid for miniature golf, paid for snowboarding or skiing (lift tickets, gears etc.); does all this sort paying cause the payer to be bad at what they enjoy? Of course not.

In response to the OP, I open two chests ($10) per week.

b:bye
  • Zorish - Harshlands
    Zorish - Harshlands Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    The only reason why Ive never spend money on this game is because is not balanced considering the time I play it.
    What do I mean? I like clerics, and playing around 4 hours a day Id end up speding a lot in charms (the only thing Id buy), considering each one is 4 usd.
    So thats why I dont spend money, Id end up spending a lot more then 15 bucks like p2p.
  • Kotecek - Lost City
    Kotecek - Lost City Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    no freaking dollar b:chuckle

Ppl pay for fun, if thanks game they can relax and enjoy the time, what is bad with it? O.o' If they wouldn't buy zhens for rl cash, our Gold Auction could be empty... so no Boutique items for us, no profit for GMs= game over. :|
    My chars: 97 barb, 87 cleric, 91 veno, 80 archer, 74 Blademaster, 34 Psychic, 30 Assasin, 20 Wizard, 44 Seeker, 20 Mistyc.

^ I have SO many personalities to play them all! b:cute

And YAY for my Phoenix!(on THIS veno ^^) b:victory
  • Feiric - Harshlands
    Feiric - Harshlands Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I don't think insulting anyone is necessary from either side on this topic.
    I think cash shoppers need non-cs guys equally as vice versa. Non-chashers grind all day and manifest in-game coin and awesome items, and Cash shoppers buy it from cash shops/AH, as well as keeping the game going from the company's side of the house.

Telling someone they stink at this game because they invest money into it is just immature and should be ignored. That's like telling someone they're a bad driver because they got their car for free.

As one of my guildies said, "they can gtf over it." When gives me lip for having some good stuff, I just tell them, "I grind in real life."

I just don't think it's right to tell cash shoppers that they didn't earn that sweet stuff just because they used their real money on it. Load of toilet. Maybe while you spent all day grinding, I was at work. Comes down to the same effect if you're committed to the game.

Neither two sides of the population are wrong. I think we actually need eachother, so .... let's all get along?
  • vampirevane
    vampirevane Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    wheres the Avobe $1000 option :O
    5 Skill Slots for Pets Please ..Venos will $hare more ;)
  • Baraya - Dreamweaver
    Baraya - Dreamweaver Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Let's weigh the value of PW against other entertainment.

When I buy a DVD, I feel glad to have expanded my collection, knowing that I can pull that movie down and watch it whenever I want. I've always got a copy to remind me just how awesome that movie was. When I feel bored, I pull out an old favorite movie and watch it. $5 - $30

When I buy a single player game, I've got a great gaming experience (hopefully) that goes way beyond any MMO. If it's any fun at all, I will re-play the game until I'm sick of it. That gives me at least a year of quality entertainment from my games. $10 - $60.

When I buy an online multiplayer game, I get a similar experience to single player games. It's a lot of fun that includes all of that great multiplayer stuff. I can get into it deeply, playing it constantly until I eventually get sick of it. I'll take a break and then come back and do the same all over again. I get all of the fun found in MMOs plus all of the great stuff about non-MMOs and it lasts as long as I want. $10 - $60.

That's a lot of great fun that you don't have to keep pooring money into. On top of that, PW was actually designed to be a free game. People don't need to spend anything on it. I'm not talking about buying gold with in-game money. It is quite possible to never buy anything from the cash shop. Despite this, people do it anyway. They spend tons of hard-earned money on a game that offers mediocre entertainment, compared to everything else that is available. I have a hard time understanding that, considering everything in this post. I haven't even discussed all of the great stuff beyond movies and games.

As for contributing to PW, this game is not a cherity. It is for profit. The big spenders have proven that. Free games attract tons of players who don't want to or can't spend money on games. They like the idea of a company offering something for free, thinking that they must be really nice people. So, when they start looking at the cash shop stuff, they think it might be nice to "contribute" to the company. Wake up, people. It's a business plan. The only reason why it's not P2P is because they would lose potential customers who don't like the idea of paying monthly fees. They're trying to reach the segment of the market that P2P games cannot ever get and they have obviously succeeded. As for the company being nice, just ask the host-companies of other legit servers for PW if the company has been nice to them. They'll tell you the real truth.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    This is a joke, right?

You spend money going to the movie theaters, yes?

do i rly have to quote myself -_-?
    nope i download movies
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Let's weigh the value of PW against other entertainment.

The wall of text following this statement was too subjective for anything really... entertainment value? What is fun for me may not be fun for you o.O but like someone already said, no one would be here if they didn't find some fun in this :)
    nope i download movies

edited for meanness.
  • Andromaka - Heavens Tear
    Andromaka - Heavens Tear Posts: 925 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I always considered that i can play this game (or any other free game) cause other ppl pay for it... meaning that other ppl pay for me so i can play free b:chuckle I cant disrespect these ppl that would be rude. I set it as a personal goal to do not spend real money for games and so far all i got in this game i got with in game money: herc, TT90 gear, last flying mount released, ground mount, about 5-6 fashion sets and items up to 33% chanelling none of them made by me b:sad

i dont understand why ppl that pay with real money shoudl be considered bad players since if u think it better ... without them we the non paying guys would never have cash shop items!!! unless we would pay for them and that would make us bad players too ... so STFU and play the game as it was designed to be if u dont wanna pay dont do it but keep in mind that u play this game for free because some1 else pay for u !!!

I spent 0$ on PWI and 0$ on any other free to play games, i will never pay 1 $ for a game and thats because i set this for me as a personal goal when i started gaming.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Baraya - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    The wall of text following this statement was too subjective for anything really... entertainment value? What is fun for me may not be fun for you o.O but like someone already said, no one would be here if they didn't find some fun in this :)

edited for meanness.

If you actually read any of it, you would see that your comment is meaningless. Think first.
    I always considered that i can play this game (or any other free game) cause other ppl pay for it... meaning that other ppl pay for me so i can play free b:chuckle I cant disrespect these ppl that would be rude. I set it as a personal goal to do not spend real money for games and so far all i got in this game i got with in game money: herc, TT90 gear, last flying mount released, ground mount, about 5-6 fashion sets and items up to 33% chanelling none of them made by me b:sad

i dont understand why ppl that pay with real money shoudl be considered bad players since if u think it better ... without them we the non paying guys would never have cash shop items!!! unless we would pay for them and that would make us bad players too ... so STFU and play the game as it was designed to be if u dont wanna pay dont do it but keep in mind that u play this game for free because some1 else pay for u !!!

I spent 0$ on PWI and 0$ on any other free to play games, i will never pay 1 $ for a game and thats because i set this for me as a personal goal when i started gaming.
    You do make a good point, however...

1. I don't even use cash shop items.

2. I can easily go play something else. In fact, I don't really play this very much anymore. I couldn't care less if the company succeeds. Based on their stocks (as posted in another thread), they seem to be doing very well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    $0.00
    10char
  • Ztinzib - Sanctuary
    Ztinzib - Sanctuary Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    do i rly have to quote myself -_-?

So "pirate" let me ask you this, do u pay for the internet usage?

However u look at it nothing is free when it comes to ur needs/addiction etc... u need home to live in, u pay for it, u want something u pay for it it's all comes down to one thing, u want something u pay for it hehehb:laugh
  • rsin
    rsin Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    why is it that only those who pay are considered legit supporters?

what about those of us who dont pay anything..we play long hours because we enjoy the game for what it is and has to offer. we introduce all of our friends to pwi. Friends who of their own choice do choose to pay. imo anyone who doesnt pay but brings 12 people to the game that do pay would be considered more as supporting than any single person. whats the difference between 1 person paying $800 compared to 1 person bringing a dozen friends who spend $50-100 bucks each?
  • Noggin - Dreamweaver
    Noggin - Dreamweaver Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I charge occasioanlly. Don't see a problem with it. About $50 since I started....

I don't NEED to, but if some people are willing to grind coin for me at an hourly rate that would land me in court if it were real life, then I'm happy b:victory
  • Baraya - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    rsin wrote: »
    why is it that only those who pay are considered legit supporters?

what about those of us who dont pay anything..we play long hours because we enjoy the game for what it is and has to offer. we introduce all of our friends to pwi. Friends who of their own choice do choose to pay. imo anyone who doesnt pay but brings 12 people to the game that do pay would be considered more as supporting than any single person. whats the difference between 1 person paying $800 compared to 1 person bringing a dozen friends who spend $50-100 bucks each?

Yes. That is my opinion of good support for the company. I have no problem at all with people paying small amounts over time. Many cash shop items are nice and worth buying. I'm just bothered by big spending. I wonder if those people are buying gold to re-sell for in-game money. Otherwise, I don't understand what they're spending that much money on in the first place.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2009

Your sense of thinking is fail. In other words your judging pples way of spending based on your own comprehension of what is worthy to spend or not.
    Thats like saying if im a vegetarian and i hear you eat fast food burgers, you fail as a human being poisoning yourself of lard, fat, and preservatives so its better you get run over by a truck right now to make the world a prettier place without you. Its a pretty narrow minded way of thinking based on my own sense of worth.

If you spill your entire paycheck then yes, of course thats dumb. But maybe you also failed to think, just maybe, maybe they have a better off paying job than you? Maybe what you consider your entire paycheck is only petty cash for them. Seriously, dont expect everyone to have the same budget as you
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Yes. That is my opinion of good support for the company. I have no problem at all with people paying small amounts over time. Many cash shop items are nice and worth buying. I'm just bothered by big spending. I wonder if those people are buying gold to re-sell for in-game money. Otherwise, I don't understand what they're spending that much money on in the first place.
    Cause they can. They have that extra spending money. Just like vegas casinos.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan