Pking solo: Archer or Mage?

Options
monstersneedhugs
monstersneedhugs Posts: 4 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Arigora Colosseum
Which class would be the better solo pker. I always hear mages own endgame but people also always say they're squishy as hell and generally only work well in groups.

I've also heard that Archers are the true owners of pk but people also say they aren't good endgame as a barb or mage.

I kind of one to be a range class but if you think they both suck solo, tell me about that as well.
Post edited by monstersneedhugs on

Comments

• irze
    irze Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Clerics destroy everything, Archers are great endgame because of their amazing critical % and evasion, and barb's.. aren't THAT* good for PvP, its just their Hp that saves them. And never even seen/played a mage.
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    clerics destory everything? rofl thats funny. they have sh1tty damage output compared to every class.

your a funny man.
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fuhjeebies - Harshlands
    Fuhjeebies - Harshlands Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    i pwn clerics higher lvl then me

barbs can't hit **** all unless they sacrifice attack rings for misty rings

yeh mages are endgame pwnage >.>

i <3 my archer tho gotta love not getting hit by mobs higher lvl then me ^^

if anything veno's are cool for pvp when u get a nix AND ONLY WHEN U GET A NIX!
  • Rinnve - Lost City
    Rinnve - Lost City Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Which class would be the better solo pker. I always hear mages own endgame but people also always say they're squishy as hell and generally only work well in groups.
    If build right (and equipped right lol), wiz is anything but squishy. But if you are in solo pk, archer might be better: larger range, more controlling skills.

And, stickygreen, you are completely wrong - or clerics around you fail so hard. Pure damage output is not far from wizard's which is quite good. Clerics lack burst damage for pvp, but it can be fixed with right apoth potions.
    --
    PWonline.ru, Sirius: Иней, 70 cleric - off.
    PWI, Lost City: Rinnve, 7X wiz (frozen);
    Allods Online, Раскол: Риннве, 2X occultist
  • KingTank - Heavens Tear
    KingTank - Heavens Tear Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    i pwn clerics higher lvl then me

barbs can't hit **** all unless they sacrifice attack rings for misty rings

yeh mages are endgame pwnage >.>

i <3 my archer tho gotta love not getting hit by mobs higher lvl then me ^^

if anything veno's are cool for pvp when u get a nix AND ONLY WHEN U GET A NIX!

misty are attack rings...lol and we got bloodbath and flesh ream never misses
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    If build right (and equipped right lol), wiz is anything but squishy. But if you are in solo pk, archer might be better: larger range, more controlling skills.

And, stickygreen, you are completely wrong - or clerics around you fail so hard. Pure damage output is not far from wizard's which is quite good. Clerics lack burst damage for pvp, but it can be fixed with right apoth potions.

when you hit 90+ come talk to me.

clerics damage is weak compared to archers, mages, and venos with a nix.
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rinnve - Lost City
    Rinnve - Lost City Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    when you hit 90+ come talk to me.
    In general discussion i've posted SS of 90 veno with perfect wood attack shards, and it's only one example of highlvl noob that i've seen in pw.
    clerics damage is weak compared to archers, mages, and venos with a nix.
    On 7X, good cleric hits hard. What's going to change on 90? Keep in mind that magick attack of cleric is equal to that of mage, and most skills are very similar.
    --
    PWonline.ru, Sirius: Иней, 70 cleric - off.
    PWI, Lost City: Rinnve, 7X wiz (frozen);
    Allods Online, Раскол: Риннве, 2X occultist
  • _Krue_ - Heavens Tear
    _Krue_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Archers are best in PVP by far.

Amazing damage, random high crits.

Ability to not get hit.

ability to lock players/kite them easily.

And everyone knows bows kill hoes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಸ_ಸ ~~ Drama-Sauce-Face, 50% ownership to kon ♥♥
  • TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    take a veno and a Nix, that way u can pk and pwn without pay much
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Faildom - Harshlands
    Faildom - Harshlands Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    veno w/ nix..........OFC
    after 90 EA and MG is ok too
  • TanKLoRd - Dreamweaver
    TanKLoRd - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    i dont think Archer or Wiz is a solo pk class..They are Squad class..only time i see them solo is when they pk people that is killin mob or that is lower than them..if id say witch wuld be more of a solo class id prefer Wiz.Level up you lvl 49 earth skill and 29 distant shrink skill and just Hit and run
  • mazzle
    mazzle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I have no real experience playing high level wizards or clerics, so let me know if I am way off base here:

Level 7x wizards should have essential sutra. I do not believe clerics have anything similar?

Level 79 wizards can also get undine strike. Of course, clerics get dimensional and elemental seal, but I believe this would be something which changes between generic 7x levels, and level 90.

What changes at 9x is the defence and hit points the gear offers, phy dmg doesnt hit no were near as hard as magic, ask a 99 mage or cleric with similar skill who hit harder between gush and plumeshot, another thing that changes gameplay between the 2 class is builds, most clerics are gona be on VIT while majority of mages i think are gona be on pure MAG build if not they are la.
  • BrownflameZ - Lost City
    BrownflameZ - Lost City Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Any decent cleric with a hybrid - vit build can **** any class. Archers are amazing for fast kills and easier to PvP with due to there criticals, Mages are good after 90 with nice equips and tactic, but their channeling is pretty ridiculous. Pre-100 Archers for PvP.
  • Kotecek - Lost City
    Kotecek - Lost City Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    take a veno and a Nix, that way u can pk and pwn without pay much

Oh, 20- 30 mil coins or ~ 200 dollars is nothing?

Btw. If u want mage or archer and no other classes.. go for archer.. it's good by all game, mages are good after 70+ and best after 90+ someone said that mages power depends on his gear and yeah, mages for pk should have gear with % channeling and this COST, mages isn't so good maker money too... but whatever..
    My chars: 97 barb, 87 cleric, 91 veno, 80 archer, 74 Blademaster, 34 Psychic, 30 Assasin, 20 Wizard, 44 Seeker, 20 Mistyc.

^ I have SO many personalities to play them all! b:cute

And YAY for my Phoenix!(on THIS veno ^^) b:victory
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    In general discussion i've posted SS of 90 veno with perfect wood attack shards, and it's only one example of highlvl noob that i've seen in pw.

On 7X, good cleric hits hard. What's going to change on 90? Keep in mind that magick attack of cleric is equal to that of mage, and most skills are very similar.

uhm...I would say no. I really have to check this and I will tonight with a cleric friend that has same wpn as I do. Will be back with actual numbers, but until then, my opinion is that it might be at low lvls, until the mage upgrades the ultimates and the nukes. A buffed cleric comes close to a pure Wiz magic attk unbuffed. If u compare Vit cleric with LA wizz you're looking at apples and oranges.
    Moreover, at high lvls the refine on wpn brings a lot more to wizz because of the 400 and 500% modifiers for wpns in wizard skills.
    The burst dmg a wizz cand do with undine(spammable skill) + sutra cannot be matched by any cleric.
    Cleric has the mdef debuff, but if the cleric cannot kill a mage with that debuff, then he will be an sitting duck for a seal+undine+(spark)+sleep+nuke and that will mostly be a 1 shot. Wizz can debuff mdef without suffering himself.
    Don't get me wrong, Cleric is a formidable class, but as I come closer and closer to 90 and I duel/TW more and more, I come to the conclusion that in the end the player matters more than the class.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Oh, 20- 30 mil coins or ~ 200 dollars is nothing?

Btw. If u want mage or archer and no other classes.. go for archer.. it's good by all game, mages are good after 70+ and best after 90+ someone said that mages power depends on his gear and yeah, mages for pk should have gear with % channeling and this COST, mages isn't so good maker money too... but whatever..
    my gear does pass that 20-30M but I don't have more range than an archer, 12 m/s flying speed and a skill spammable every 15 seconds that kill almost everything

try again
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    99 MG > 99 EA.
    But any 80+ phoenix with 2 sparks > mages so it doesn't matter.
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kotecek - Lost City
    Kotecek - Lost City Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    my gear does pass that 20-30M but I don't have more range than an archer, 12 m/s flying speed and a skill spammable every 15 seconds that kill almost everything

try again

WTF..?

I'm not talking to you about mages&archers and gear.. geez ... >.> And u are barb, this isn't thread about barbs, why I should care if u kill something in 1 minute or half hour? o.O' W_H_A_T_E_V_E_R b:shutup

I gave my opinion- mission complete...

Peace b:cute
    My chars: 97 barb, 87 cleric, 91 veno, 80 archer, 74 Blademaster, 34 Psychic, 30 Assasin, 20 Wizard, 44 Seeker, 20 Mistyc.

^ I have SO many personalities to play them all! b:cute

And YAY for my Phoenix!(on THIS veno ^^) b:victory
  • MuGata - Harshlands
    MuGata - Harshlands Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I think it's La veno nixer>mage>archer
    1. nix owns everything
    2. undine strike + extream poison + any strong nuke owns
    3. archers can miss and mages or nix bleed cant miss archers...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Perfect World International
    MuGata - Elf Archer - Demon

Perfect World Multilingual
    Lovintom - Barbarian
  • Cbastor - Lost City
    Cbastor - Lost City Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    irze wrote: »
    Clerics destroy everything, Archers are great endgame because of their amazing critical % and evasion, and barb's.. aren't THAT* good for PvP, its just their Hp that saves them. And never even seen/played a mage.

i think u are a nub.i mean u said archers are great end game cuz of evasion? evasion sucks. period and also imo mages are not quishy end game
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I still don't see how mages are any good at pking considering you can just fly away and they'll have no way to stop you. Unless you count sleep once every 2 minutes, which is only enough to get one ult off, which won't kill anyone unless they're a few levels lower anyway.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Damaged - Lost City
    Damaged - Lost City Posts: 460 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I still don't see how mages are any good at pking considering you can just fly away and they'll have no way to stop you. Unless you count sleep once every 2 minutes, which is only enough to get one ult off, which won't kill anyone unless they're a few levels lower anyway.

Distance shrink, accelerate, occult ice, pray to the lords you have 3 sparks? b:shocked

Admittedly not reliable but still possible (assuming you can kill them before it wears off, they drop, and holy path)
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Distance shrink, accelerate, occult ice, pray to the lords you have 3 sparks? b:shocked

Admittedly not reliable but still possible (assuming you can kill them before it wears off, they drop, and holy path)
    Ofcourse it's possible, but occult ice will fail, Hail will fail, they might have holy path, they might be paying attention, they might fuel, and so on. The only thing you have over other classes is distance shrink, and it takes chi and doesn't help all that much when you're chasing someone in the air. Tiger form and hell foxform are perfect for running too.

Compared to archers, which get a good stun and an annoyingly long paralyze, wizards don't have much. Archers also have higher running speed + a 79 skill for running speed
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • MuGata - Harshlands
    MuGata - Harshlands Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    PvP is less about runing it's abount doing dmg

And archer can always miss or stun can not work

Mages make you'r sparks surta>nuke>nuke>nuke>nuke=he is dead

Veno send nix try to stun
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Perfect World International
    MuGata - Elf Archer - Demon

Perfect World Multilingual
    Lovintom - Barbarian
  • Gasoline - Lost City
    Gasoline - Lost City Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    PvP is less about runing it's abount doing dmg

And archer can always miss or stun can not work

Mages make you'r sparks surta>nuke>nuke>nuke>nuke=he is dead

Veno send nix try to stun

Unless you can 1-2 shoot someone dmg is not the most important in solo pk.
    Pvp is all about stuns, fly/land speed and being able to stop ppl from running away <.<

Anyway both archers and mages arent that amazing in solo pvp until 99+. Wizards have no control skills at all beside the 3-4 sec sleep. Archers only have 1 stun skill + do pretty low dmg on heavy/LA and miss loads + cant use genie stun skills due to range.

Veno is far better 80+.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    veno: the only class you can range chain stun, debuff the person and attack while flying away.
  • Synthetic - Harshlands
    Synthetic - Harshlands Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Wizzies are awsome in pvp but until 75+ u gotta be careful or go LA until 9X but to me LA is useless. I can kills most classes in 2-3 hits tops and with essential sutra life is good
  • Silver - Dreamweaver
    Silver - Dreamweaver Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Are you serious, Endgame Battle Clerics are BEASTS. First of all, there plume shells makes it so no melee can solo them, their element debuffs makes them do even more damage and gives them better chance of killing you and Plume shell (with Physical debuffs) Helps them alot against Mages. Cleric Rock if you know how to use them...Like every other class.....
    Most Ironic phrase in the English language is Common Sense, its easiest concept to understand yet few people ever grasp it.

~Silver
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Level 78 cleric tried to gank me yesterday.

He used sleep and then tempest.

I hit tree of protection and ran off for a second. Let my hp fill and came back.

Stun arrow + take aim and He died. Didn't even get to have his charm tick.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • DEMONDREADZ - Harshlands
    DEMONDREADZ - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    clerics destory everything? rofl thats funny. they have sh1tty damage output compared to every class.

your a funny man.

lol did u just say clerics got worse dmg? lol as far as know cleric is the next mage class but with better survivability traded for a bit less dmg lol your a noob arent ub:chuckle cleric deals more dmg than venos(without nix) BMs and barbs and their dmg is only right under mage not much difference archers got critts so it depends but as far as full attack clerics are concerned ide put clerics right up there with the mage lol i guess u know some pretty noob clerics come to harshlands lol someones been takin advantage on those support clerics i see b:bye