Best Anti-Barb Class?

Options
Trachela - Lost City
Trachela - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Barbarian
Which class/build do you fear most in pvp?
Post edited by Trachela - Lost City on

Comments

• Arravis - Lost City
    Arravis - Lost City Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Werefox/Venomancer. Purge causes us to lose every buff we have, reducing survival, hit rate, and damage. At 90+, Hell ironwood scarab has a chance to reduce anyone's pdef to 0, causing a nix to inflict bleeds that deal 3k per tick.

The nuking just makes it worse.
  • nederlandse
    nederlandse Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    i'm not TW level, but at my level only class i fear is .... barbs b:shocked

i **** LA/robes 15-16 levels higher than me, and as long as BMs dont stunlock me (i have yet to meet one that's actually good at this) i can take them at ~2-3 levels higher than me

l\led, Level 4x Barbarian, Dreamweaver
    b:sad Had to leave his home in Kinetic b:sad
    (that's lower-case "L" btw)
    I love all these people who look at my level
    and assume I'm some nub that doesn't know
    what he's talking about... Sorry, I've been
    around since the East Coast servers launched.
    b:chuckle
  • DutchTank - Heavens Tear
    DutchTank - Heavens Tear Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I dont like Heavy/vit veno's
    Signature by FedTehNoob

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    90+ wizard b:shocked
    they hit too hard b:cry
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Accelerated - Sanctuary
    Accelerated - Sanctuary Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    other barbs, since you can literally take a nap while you're fighting another barb
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ♥ - 藤林 杏-様 - ♥
    ♥ Kyou Fujibayashi-sama ♥
  • GodlyTank - Dreamweaver
    GodlyTank - Dreamweaver Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    90+ wizard b:shocked
    they hit too hard b:cry

Yeh, really high level wizards are scary, I can deal wit Venos, but not wizzies
    b:sweat
  • Lycanthar - Sanctuary
    Lycanthar - Sanctuary Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    HA Venos.

/10 char
    ==Sanctuary's Last Demon Barbarian== ... (lol strife)

Off through the new day's mist, I run
    Out from the new day's mist, I have come
    We shift, pulsing with the earth
    Company we keep, roaming the land while you sleep...
  • Jossie - Lost City
    Jossie - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    i'm not TW level, but at my level only class i fear is .... barbs b:shocked

i **** LA/robes 15-16 levels higher than me, and as long as BMs dont stunlock me (i have yet to meet one that's actually good at this) i can take them at ~2-3 levels higher than me

true i kill any barb just 5 seg with out hell yet i got hell ironhood going be rockszzzzb:bye
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    true i kill any barb just 5 seg with out hell yet i got hell ironhood going be rockszzzzb:bye

It's only 20% chance though. Is it really worth getting? The original ironwood seems more reliable. Even myriad rainbow has better chances. Still remember once in tw, was lucky enough to get Templar's pdef and mdef to zero, the nuking that ensued was satisfying...b:laugh
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    josie, you sound a bit full of yourself.

veno's arent scary, you can kite if needed

wizards are scary...

10k crit on me through an apoth poc that reduces all magic damage by half... scary..
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2009
    Options
    josie, you sound a bit full of yourself.

veno's arent scary, you can kite if needed

wizards are scary...

10k crit on me through an apoth poc that reduces all magic damage by half... scary..

That kind of crit doesn't happen often. Can't depend on those freak hits to win. Wizards are far too weak physically and lack survival skills, they get one shot on Armageddon, while a veno can just bramble hood, tank hit, and make you one shot yourself. This is especially true for Heavy venos. There isn't much a barb can do against a heavy veno. Not to mention mind break/armor break, when your mdef/pdef is reduced to 0, things hurt. It's those seemingly ridiculous perks in the skill tree that makes venos an anti-melee class.
    edited August 2009
    Options
    one shot on armageddon? what kinda crack are you smoking? or what kinda fail **** wizzies do you have on your servers? the wizard i as fighting, with full hp hit with tree from armageddon just BARELY got his hp from 60%-0.

wizards > venos for barbs, are you actually trying to argue with a barb about this?. i would know, ive most likely got a whole lot more PvP and TW exp as a barb considering ive been twing since the first weeks tw started on HT

and ive been blue name one time since 30, for a period of 2 hours. please, dont try to argue with me on this one.

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2009
    Options
    one shot on armageddon? what kinda crack are you smoking? or what kinda fail **** wizzies do you have on your servers? the wizard i as fighting, with full hp hit with tree from armageddon just BARELY got his hp from 60%-0.

wizards > venos for barbs, are you actually trying to argue with a barb about this?. i would know, ive most likely got a whole lot more PvP and TW exp as a barb considering ive been twing since the first weeks tw started on HT

and ive been blue name one time since 30, for a period of 2 hours. please, dont try to argue with me on this one.

Lol, you assume I don't have other alts. Trust me, wizards, at least robe wizzies, don't do well against any typical tank build barbs. I've played barb and veno, no wiz, but I've fought them often. Rush and perd a group of wizzies = a whole bunch of dead wizzies on the ground. Heavy venos, on the other hand, is practically unkillable by barb unless caught unprepared and outclassed.
  • device
    device Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Which class/build do you fear most in pvp?

Currently I hate Clerics and Venomancers.
    Wizards/Archers are cake at the moment b:chuckle
    BM/Other Barbs come down to gear imo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Lol, you assume I don't have other alts. Trust me, wizards, at least robe wizzies, don't do well against any typical tank build barbs. I've played barb and veno, no wiz, but I've fought them often. Rush and perd a group of wizzies = a whole bunch of dead wizzies on the ground. Heavy venos, on the other hand, is practically unkillable by barb unless caught unprepared and outclassed.

what pvp expierence do you have as a barb at 90+?

you dont.

or else you wouldnt be spouting this BS ... lol

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2009
    Options
    what pvp expierence do you have as a barb at 90+?

you dont.

or else you wouldnt be spouting this BS ... lol

So says the pve barb. I can't imagine 90s balance would be that completely different than 80s. Besides, don't just assume you have more experience just because you're higher leveled, it's pve server, after all, compared to lvl 81 on pvp. Look, you're the one who claims wizards are harder to tackle for a barb than heavy veno, you're in disagreement with a lot of people here, not just me.
    edited August 2009
    Options
    i never said wizards were harder, i didnt even bother reading past

"Lol, you assume I don't have other alts. Trust me, wizards, at least robe wizzies, don't do well against any typical tank build barbs."

80 pvp is nothing compared to 90+ pvp

maybe if you actually got to 90 youd realize that.

and lol? being on a pve server has nothing to do with your pvp skills, people who have no other valid argument points result to using such tactics, fail

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2009
    Options
    i never said wizards were harder, i didnt even bother reading past

"Lol, you assume I don't have other alts. Trust me, wizards, at least robe wizzies, don't do well against any typical tank build barbs."

80 pvp is nothing compared to 90+ pvp

maybe if you actually got to 90 youd realize that.

and lol? being on a pve server has nothing to do with your pvp skills, people who have no other valid argument points result to using such tactics, fail

Hey, don't say "no other valid arguement," you're the one that keeps using lvl as argument onto itself. Isn't that somewhat the same thing?

Ah whatever, it's pretty much settled that most people agrees that HA venos are the "best anti-barb class." Not gonna argue for the sake of argument. You seems to be afraid of robe wizzies more, but hey, that might be just you.b:chuckle
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    Options
    That kind of crit doesn't happen often. Can't depend on those freak hits to win. Wizards are far too weak physically and lack survival skills, they get one shot on Armageddon, while a veno can just bramble hood, tank hit, and make you one shot yourself. This is especially true for Heavy venos. There isn't much a barb can do against a heavy veno. Not to mention mind break/armor break, when your mdef/pdef is reduced to 0, things hurt. It's those seemingly ridiculous perks in the skill tree that makes venos an anti-melee class.

wizards can crit 20k easily
    skills like
    mountain seize
    glacial snare
    stone rain
    sandstorm
    black ice dragon strike
    (might be missing a few)

can hit up there
    a well geared 90 wizard will not be one shot by tree+arma, not even i can be one shot by tree+arma

survival skills?
    distance shrink = 25 meter teleport
    Force of Will = 5 second silence
    soporific whisper = 4 second sleep with INSTANT cast
    stone barrier = doubles physical defense
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    edited August 2009
    Options
    wizards can crit 20k easily
    skills like
    mountain seize
    glacial snare
    stone rain
    sandstorm
    black ice dragon strike
    (might be missing a few)

can hit up there
    a well geared 90 wizard will not be one shot by tree+arma, not even i can be one shot by tree+arma

survival skills?
    distance shrink = 25 meter teleport
    Force of Will = 5 second silence
    soporific whisper = 4 second sleep with INSTANT cast
    stone barrier = doubles physical defense

Many robe wizards do get one shot. That kind of crits cannot be depended upon. Those "survival skills" are really just tactical skills that, if used right, can give you an edge. Things like soporific whisper has 2 minute cooldown, distance shrink requires good coordination and reaction time, etc. For HA veno, foxform means 220% of original pdef, that's HA's pdef, not robe, and hood gives 200% damage reflect and 75% reduction. A HA veno can just slap on hood, and might as well be invincible to barb. Sorry if I sound as if wiz is defenseless, against barb, of all things. That wasn't my intention. But to say wiz is a better anti-barb class than HA veno is just wrong.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Many robe wizards do get one shot. That kind of crits cannot be depended upon. Those "survival skills" are really just tactical skills that, if used right, can give you an edge. Things like soporific whisper has 2 minute cooldown, distance shrink requires good coordination and reaction time, etc. For HA veno, foxform means 220% of original pdef, that's HA's pdef, not robe, and hood gives 200% damage reflect and 75% reduction. A HA veno can just slap on hood, and might as well be invincible to barb. Sorry if I sound as if wiz is defenseless, against barb, of all things. That wasn't my intention. But to say wiz is a better anti-barb class than HA veno is just wrong.

lol even without crits
    wizard is the only thing that can do enough damage to take out a barb, those robe wizards have crappy gear.

Give a wiz a good weapon and watch the barbs drop
    there is a reason in TW why wizards attack the barbs not the venos
    edited August 2009
    Options

you have no clue wtf you are talking about. please actually go hit 90+ on your barb, and pvp and half decent wizard with half decent gear, you will see what im talking about.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fumiko - Harshlands
    Fumiko - Harshlands Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    almost every class is a pain as a barb...

cleric - run with holy path, attack, plume shell when u get close, keep hitting, start 2-3 heal when plume shell is almost out, sleep, get distance, debuff, attack and repeat

I found archers kinda easy

wizards - run with holy path, slow u down, attack, seal u when u are too close, shrink away, attack and repeat (worst if they have the 79 sleep)

venos - eh, just give it up
    theGoliath's sexy wizzy
    edited August 2009
    Options
    almost every class is easy to kill as a barb.. lol

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fumiko - Harshlands
    edited August 2009
    Options
    not when they kite and run, I can only use perdition then
    theGoliath's sexy wizzy
    edited August 2009
    Options
    fail.

tiger form
    > alacrity for bind

human form penetrate armour

mighty swing

if not stun, then armageddon

if stun, hp to 55% then armageddon

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Keep up that misguided sense of pride, and you'll be in arguments with a lot of people. Barbs are just at a natural disadvantage in pk. It's relatively easy for a tank to survive encounters and run off, but actually winning is a different matter.

Again, you may be lvl 90+, but your only experience is on pve server. Listen to people who had experience on pvp server.
  • Fumiko - Harshlands
    edited August 2009
    Options
    fail.

tiger form
    > alacrity for bind

human form penetrate armour

mighty swing

if not stun, then armageddon

if stun, hp to 55% then armageddon
    u act so big but u are one of the noobest barb in this forum
    theGoliath's sexy wizzy
  • Nevlik - Heavens Tear
    Nevlik - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Keep up that misguided sense of pride, and you'll be in arguments with a lot of people. Barbs are just at a natural disadvantage in pk. It's relatively easy for a tank to survive encounters and run off, but actually winning is a different matter.

Again, you may be lvl 90+, but your only experience is on pve server. Listen to people who had experience on pvp server.

one might notice that the only one lvl 90 from a pvp server has actually posted. the only credit i give sticky is that he was fighting lvl 99+ wizards from enrage. triple spark + undine+sandstorm is gg. throw in anti stun pot and barb better run fast or ironguard.
    edited August 2009
    Options

lol, your the veno , with no pvp expierece at levle 90+ as a barb, telling me, a level 93 barb who has had much much more pvp expierence than you, as a level 90+ barb how to pk.

misguided sense of pride? lol?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]