WHY it has to be Polearm? why!!!

Options
kkammy
kkammy Posts: 59 Arc User
edited August 2009 in General Discussion
When the 10 barbs capable of tanking that boss (or the 20 clerics) already did their Quest, who do you think will help the other 5000 players who also need a barb (and 2 'special' clerics) in order to complete that quest?? Barbs don't wanna go do it 20 times in a day that's for sure , IT's really unfair that not even the lvl 90+ got it so hard as lvl 80+ with this very anoying boss, theres 3 other bosses in wraithgate why not the others?? OMG!! b:angry

i dunno u. .and idc but imo this is big bs.
Post edited by kkammy on

Comments

• Darkjagans - Heavens Tear
    Darkjagans - Heavens Tear Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    A lvl80+ BM can easily tank it as well, you just need good clerics
  • Mizorie - Lost City
    Mizorie - Lost City Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    A lvl80+ BM can easily tank it as well, you just need good clerics

agreed, we almost had a la wiz tank it, the debuff killed him tho lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dalamaar: Mizorie you have no soul.
  • kkammy
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Of course.. and you know just how easy is to find 2 clerics with the hp required for this and that they wanna keep doing it over and over for friends, faction members and strangers all day long.. very easy..

It's easier to kill any of those fb79 or 89 bosses so wth is this about.. something rly wrong here they give them more exp than us and for a much easier task .. i say again wth! ?
  • Reivi - Sanctuary
    Reivi - Sanctuary Posts: 742 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    yep ... a BM can tank it .. but thats not the question ;)

I do understand Kkammy's rant

My other half account's main is 89, and EVERY DAY , be it snow, sun, rain .... EVERY SINGLE DAY ... Polearm....

Not once did she get to have pyro....

(when she does get a second BH .. she mostly get Gaurmob... and once every 10 times she may get stygean .... )

thats becomming more than MONOTONOUS
    I look at all the trollers, and Pvpers.. and know they wouldnt have lasted 30sec on Camelot.

Rules= Know your enemy (players and NPCs) gives you more chances to survive.
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    2 genies.
    Barb+Cleric
    Herc to tank+some combination of pets with shriek and barbs that don't tank.

Take your pick. That makes polearm suck a little less, but I agree he's not a good pick for a BH quest.

Edit: Also add, Wizards with force of will
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    a 7x barb just tanked it w/ 1 cleric healing...i was in the squad

hp required for this...what are you talking about? this isn't soul, the cleric can stay far enough away from the phys aoe. besides, how many 7x-8x clerics you know of who didnt get some vit at least for TT/rb?

just don't do it if you don't want to...rather grind on an eso eh?
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Well I can understand it sucks to get polearm... and I can understand it's not easy to find clerics or help for that matter, and I should know; since my early 30s, I chose friendship over dominant guilds and now I'm in a faction with only 2 active friends, I always have to ask for external help, but it's the path I've chosen and we just have to deal with it.

But I'm just pointing out that you have more options than just a barb all the time and clerics in their 80s should have more than enough hp if the squad knows what they're doing, and as mentioned above, the genie's lightning chaser skill would help a lot
  • Absoluth - Heavens Tear
    Absoluth - Heavens Tear Posts: 764 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Before the last few patches, it was hard but a barb and one cleric could do it without a problem. Now we got blessing. With it, even a fail lv 70 barb + 1 good cleric can easily pull it off. Out of 10x i do BH polearm, 9 are just 1x cleric and its so easy that it takes the excitement of a possible death out away.

There isnt a single BH run that my team doesnt clear every single boss for loot. There hasnt been a single death. Blessings made FBs a joke. Does it really matter which boss you get quest for?
    PWI:
    "Free to play. Pay to win"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hazardus - Heavens Tear
    Hazardus - Heavens Tear Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I dunno, I like polearm. Him and Gaurnob seem to e the only things thats keeping us barbs of any use. Everything else is easier cheaper and faster with a veno's herc tanking it seems. And theres loads of them.

And as long as you have a cleric that can purify the debuff any 70+ barb should be fine. I first tanked these bosses for my faction's then two 75+ clerics at lvl63 or 66.
    When the going gets tough; Get a tank!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nocturne mature HT guild - we invite people, not levels.
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Fumiko - Harshlands
    Fumiko - Harshlands Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    a barb can do it with 1 cleric and cancelling 80% of the boss aoes

too bad most barbs don't even know how to cancel
    theGoliath's sexy wizzy
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I never have any problem with Polearm. On my barb, if I miss a cancel, then I just pop solid shield in time for the cleric to purify and heal again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Reivi - Sanctuary
    Reivi - Sanctuary Posts: 742 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I dunno, I like polearm. Him and Gaurnob seem to e the only things thats keeping us barbs of any use. Everything else is easier cheaper and faster with a veno's herc tanking it seems. And theres loads of them.

And as long as you have a cleric that can purify the debuff any 70+ barb should be fine. I first tanked these bosses for my faction's then two 75+ clerics at lvl63 or 66.

Hummmmm

you should go out more frequently ... I know a lot of nasty monsters out here that requires furries to be done ;)

but i only squad with flea less furries ;)
    I look at all the trollers, and Pvpers.. and know they wouldnt have lasted 30sec on Camelot.

Rules= Know your enemy (players and NPCs) gives you more chances to survive.
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    a barb can do it with 1 cleric and cancelling 80% of the boss aoes

too bad most barbs don't even know how to cancel

Quoted for F***ing truth gawd -_-

/'s wrist for choosing to be a cleric.
  • Starrr - Harshlands
    Starrr - Harshlands Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    barb+1 cleric or 2 venos easy either way.
    Staring at the wall is much more rewarding than playing PW.
  • Fumiko - Harshlands
    Fumiko - Harshlands Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    barb+1 cleric or 2 venos easy either way.

never saw venos killing polearm

unless after the first herc die u grab him with a second, ress the first one and keep going like this I don't think u can do it with venos

I saw a whole team of venos with RB and BB and the herc died aniway

meabe with the hp blessing the herc can survive but it would be a herc that can't keep aggro
    theGoliath's sexy wizzy
  • kkammy
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Im not saying it can't be done.. Im saying WHERE is that Good barb and clerics to do it if theres any barb here that wants to do that 10 times daily please let me know so i can take you with me and some clerics also while we are at it.. Don't miss the point ,

Also don't miss this other point lvls 90+ get MORE exp for their quest and those bosses are way easier to kill , what are you against common sense or what.. O-M-G!
  • Korsov - Heavens Tear
    Korsov - Heavens Tear Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    You make it sound like all the barbs and clerics do one big run together so other classes cant get it done. Just find 1 barb and 1 cleric that also need the quest, and go with them. You can even try to keep the same group to do it each day since the bounty hunter quests seems to be Polearm for 80+ every single day.
  • kkammy
    edited August 2009
    Options
    You make it sound like all the barbs and clerics do one big run together so other classes cant get it done. Just find 1 barb and 1 cleric that also need the quest, and go with them. You can even try to keep the same group to do it each day since the bounty hunter quests seems to be Polearm for 80+ every single day.

I don't know about your server.. but in Sanctuary that's exactly how things work .. my friend..
  • RRARRRRGGHHH - Sanctuary
    RRARRRRGGHHH - Sanctuary Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Q: Why does it have to be polearm?

A: Because what's not to like about a cute little pony with a giant poleblade?b:cute

Yeah it does require a good cleric who knows how to purify, and a barb who can cancel. If you frequently have problems finding barbs who can cancel, get lightning chaser on your genie and help them cancel. Anyone in the squad can get this move and help the main tank out alot. Also bms who use fists can cancel the boss too, and just for another option, there are purification pots the barb could have on them.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    i love how people cry about things that don't really matter.

just don't do the damn daily if it upsets you that much that 9x get easier bosses...you think you have it hard for 8x? really? you have rebirth til 86, then put up with pole for a couple more lvls til you reach 9x. jeez. or don't even put up with pole, go grind on an eso or something.

i mean have you forgotten that the 9x players didnt even have BH when they were 8x? i wonder how in the world did they manage to reach 9x without BH??? so, what do you say to the lvl 100's on our server who grinded their way to 100 before rebirth was figured out? do you see them come on here and cry about how easy it is for us to level now?

10 barbs capable of doing pole seriously??? stop making scant look bad. we have 2 7x barbs that do BH with faction members, guess that leaves 8 for the rest of the server now b:laugh
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Foxx - Heavens Tear
    Foxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    kkammy wrote: »
    who also need a barb (and 2 'special' clerics) in order to complete that quest??

Yet I seem to see a continual stream of complaints on this forum about how a veno with herc can tank so many bosses. Perhaps those people would like it so you needed a barb for every boss?

Yeah right, didn't think so.
    edited August 2009
    Options
    just don't do the damn daily if it upsets you that much that 9x get easier bosses...you think you have it hard for 8x? really? you have rebirth til 86, then put up with pole for a couple more lvls til you reach 9x. jeez. or don't even put up with pole, go grind on an eso or something.

i mean have you forgotten that the 9x players didnt even have BH when they were 8x? i wonder how in the world did they manage to reach 9x without BH??? so, what do you say to the lvl 100's on our server who grinded their way to 100 before rebirth was figured out? do you see them come on here and cry about how easy it is for us to level now?
    Ah the truth... The lower levels have it fairly easy; Supply Stash, BH, Rebirth etc.

I wish I was able to do rebirth when I was lower level... Now I'm too high level to even get a squad to teach me, hard to find an Alpha/Beta squad that are well experienced and Delta pretty much has a zero tolerance for people like me that have never done it before b:cry
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    b:chucklei get my squads....
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Terraa - Lost City
    Terraa - Lost City Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Only one cleric is necessary. Anything more than that is a wasted dps slot. 70+ barb can tank without a problem, 75+ bm without a problem. I've done both, often. Very often. Not enough, because we still need two more Tauren capes, but I digress.

Aside from that, you guys are in your 80s. Come on; get some hh80 gear together and a cleric who isn't half brain-dead. This is trivial.
    Yeah it does require a good cleric who knows how to purify, and a barb who can cancel. If you frequently have problems finding barbs who can cancel,

Teach them. Alacrity at level 6 is more than enough for anything, and that skill should've been learned LONG before fb69 came into play.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Artiex - Sanctuary
    Artiex - Sanctuary Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Easy solution.

Get a better faction. b:chuckle
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Easy solution.

Get a better faction. b:chuckle

indeed.....
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    boo4u wrote: »
    UHH i just came up with this wicked idea for the post starter and whoever else is reading that needs help..so here it goes.

1.Pay your help..they aint gonna get a darn thing for helping you..so make it worth their while..nuff said.

On all the FB threads, people keep telling everyone that they just like to help, and that is why they do FB runs, so why don't we see WCs and tons of rooms full with parties that just want to "help" with unwined runs for BH?
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Bebisita - Dreamweaver
    Bebisita - Dreamweaver Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    a 7x barb just tanked it w/ 1 cleric healing...i was in the squad

hp required for this...what are you talking about? this isn't soul, the cleric can stay far enough away from the phys aoe. besides, how many 7x-8x clerics you know of who didnt get some vit at least for TT/rb?

just don't do it if you don't want to...rather grind on an eso eh?
    I've seen a 7x barb tank it with a 6x cleric. Lots of pots were burned. b:shocked
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    kkammy wrote: »
    When the 10 barbs capable of tanking that boss (or the 20 clerics) already did their Quest, who do you think will help the other 5000 players who also need a barb (and 2 'special' clerics) in order to complete that quest?? Barbs don't wanna go do it 20 times in a day that's for sure , IT's really unfair that not even the lvl 90+ got it so hard as lvl 80+ with this very anoying boss, theres 3 other bosses in wraithgate why not the others?? OMG!! b:angry

i dunno u. .and idc but imo this is big bs.

I think the devs should stick harpy wraith in a fb and make that the 8x BH. Then... and only then, do they have the right to complain.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf