best pvp melee class?

Options

Comments

• Reikara - Heavens Tear
    Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Sure if you're level 100 and have the ultimate level 80 warsoul weapon along with all that legendary gear along with being able to afford all that xD

Here, can't beat a melee class that can hit magic too and gain higher physical and magical defenses :3

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=77a1a3b1c7b39bda
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    3k mdef?
    Hello one shot? O:
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    why would you give a HA class phys resist ornaments? lol?
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    @Armour, With that amount of magic you can wear robes aswell.

@StickyGreen. Beggars can't be choosers, can only wear heavy armour with that build with particular +stat Eq bonuses. Those are what I could find. I can pop on robes for Mdef anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wyrmhero - Heavens Tear
    Wyrmhero - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    i think mines was the best now a serious answer to this thread its BS :D cuz im my faction we got a 82 barb with almost 14k hp and with 90 gear and some refine he makes the 20k with 2 hands on his **** b:chuckle
  • Lucifer - Dreamweaver
    Lucifer - Dreamweaver Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    BM's in my opinion are better in pvp because we are more flexable and have nasty stuns. when activation alter marrow phys we get an increase in phy def making us harder to kill....With Drakes bash maxed out and always guarnteed a stun barb wont be able to touch a BM. And an axe build will hit with intense spike damage+stuns the barb is down for the count also with a BM with Maxed out sutra the Barb dont stand a chance b:victory
  • Accelerated - Sanctuary
    Accelerated - Sanctuary Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Necro .

And if it comes down to lucky critical hits, Demon barbs win, hands down.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ♥ - 藤林 杏-様 - ♥
    ♥ Kyou Fujibayashi-sama ♥
  • taeknight
    taeknight Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    10k pdef? i got 12k with a decent buff lol and its true pking is fun with a barb lets just all be friends aight?b:surrenderb:cute
    Rofl... You're talking about lowbie pking, so yeah, no wonder you've pwned. b:laugh
    First, i doubt that bm would have more then 3k HP, so, 2 good crits would make him go down. Then most lowbies don't use a charm so he wouldn't be able to get close before getting killed. Then, unless it was a dex build bm, he wouldn't have enough acc to hit you, so why bother?
    Now, 8x-9x pvp doesn't work like that... Actually bms and barbs are the classes archers have most trouble to pk, cause of high HP and in case of bms, stuns.
    To tell you the truth, with cleric buffs, i have 10k pdef and 4k mdef... with barb buffs i have 7.3k HP... With charm and buffs 8x archers can't kill me :)
    At 9x archers are nasty, with demonic eruption... But before that, at same lvl, it will be hard to kill a decent bm/barb, so i say, it's still close between barbs and bms.

I have 14k withOUT a marrow with i got 20k. and mag defence its 6k fully buffed and i use a phy nec gone change at 90 ofc
  • taeknight
    taeknight Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Ah and, this was actually best pvp melee class, not barb vs bm.

My personal experience ( lvl 87 bm )

ok well id say if it was BM or Barb vs MG prolly BM better( axe ) because of few things Marrow and Bash. personally if i get a wiz with bash hes dead(bash is the 1spark axe bm stun 6sec if hell 7,5= GG)

Bm or Barb vs archer i think its Barb hard to explain, just trust me.

Bm or barb vs veno. i am a bm and the hardest thing for me to kill is a veno, i have no idea how barbs do it. but its realy hard for me

Bm or Barb vs cleric prolly both good, cleric cant do much vs us.

And now what yall wana talk about BM vs Barb= its Endless fight, when i fight a barb and we both charmed i just squad Sat, well hes always in a squad with me, wait a few ticks till he comes and finishes the barb( because i know its not gone end, if i run to safe hell QQ for hours and u know charm prices this days.)
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    unless....its a fist bm....past 90 then its gg w/e trys to tank it

and if they go 3-2 build and has axe(stun) pole (range) sword(myriad) as well them pesky mage types drop like flys in a cloud of cyanide gas

yes we has low hp and need to comp with refines but hey its endgame no reason not to at least +5 immac a set + with demon bell and marrow its possibal to have 10k+ phys and maq resists at the same time and TE is just a casters nightmare on a str vit geni

barbas have nasty amounts of hp invoke arma and with demon skills can DD rather well but they need high refines on maq ornaments vs caster classes

they also have 100% hit skills bloodbath a nasty armor debuff combo (devour+penatrate) and did i mention the hp?

HA AA venos...with sawfly or nix...its a 15k+ phys resist 8k+ static maq resist mele/caster swap nasty as hell to fight only issue is a lack of closing skills and the rather high cost of the gears they need (high stat bounus gear and a HIGHLY refined weapon to help keep up thier damage/pet heals)

assasins are the mele rookies here with teleports stealth and their high spike they are quite nasty vs other LA and AA users can chain 2 spark skills and have a nice variety of control skills

but they NEED to chain 2 spark skills and high damage MAQ geni skills to have any hope at all vs heavy and nixes eat them alive and like archers they will need to cash shop out the **** late game to make up for LA's inherently crappy resists

there you go comprehinsive breakdown of the strengths/weaknesses of the mele classes and how they compensate for them
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • DrkLordZ - Sanctuary
    DrkLordZ - Sanctuary Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Blademasters tend to use Alter Marrow Physical, which reduces their magical defense to like 13. If a barbarian or a blademaster happens to have a good Thunderstorm or Bramble Rage, they that blademaster would die. My old thunderstorm once hit 8.4k on a level 90 blademaster. (level 67 archer beat level 90 bm :))
    Please donate money into my mailbox :)

I'm poor as heck.
  • DrkLordZ - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Over 10k phys def?!?! oh no! oh wait i have 10k phys def right now.
    Barb vs. BM is the most pointless fight ever. The only way one side would win is if they got really lucky crit/zerk, or if the other side completely sucked at their class.
    Both sides have no good killing moves against HA. Perdition does **** damage against BMs, and so does any BM move against Barbs. Barbs don't have a debuff, so Thunderstorm isn't gonna kill the bm, and most of the time Dragon+Thunderstorm won't kill the barb either.
    btw lvl 100 vit build barb with all equips +8, sharded with immaculate citrines has around 16k hp self buffed. Of course every single 90+ barb has 20k hp like you say, because everybody has enough money to +12 all their equips.
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=5a02954677dd5921

Blademasters win if they are built right. Barbs have no chance to something similar to this, but not with gear this good lol.
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=b61b01bdb6278f44

"I dont know, Maybe Barbs can still win even when i have 6k accuracy and 6.8k evasion. But i know that barbs can stand up to 42k physical defense. And barbs would absorb all my damage from my 5 hits per second/infinite triple spark! Why!?!?! WHY do barbs absorb my 5 hits per sec and 30% rate!?!?"(sarcasm)

I'm poor as heck.
  • NPH - Harshlands
    NPH - Harshlands Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    9.6k hp here buffed in human...not bad, and yea, bm's or barbs my level are no problem. And also, who doesnt love using a genie skill to destroy a bm with marrow...lawls
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Blademasters tend to use Alter Marrow Physical, which reduces their magical defense to like 13. If a barbarian or a blademaster happens to have a good Thunderstorm or Bramble Rage, they that blademaster would die. My old thunderstorm once hit 8.4k on a level 90 blademaster. (level 67 archer beat level 90 bm :))

any bm that uses alter marrow in pk when theres even a chance of a maq hit coming is to dumb to live
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Archers_Soul - Lost City
    Archers_Soul - Lost City Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    the best melee class is archers. thats why i pwned so hard in up close pvp.
    I don't care how old or young you are, how small your **** is, how much of a nerd irl you are or how depressed you are that you never will get laid. There is no reason to act like an A-hole to everyone on an mmorpg. Its a shame that I have to take time out of my day to tell people "stop being an A-hole". So I end with this, if your acting like an A-hole, and some one tells you your being an A-hole chances are your being an A-hole.
  • godprince
    godprince Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    bm vs barb is like they said before a pointless battle. whoever says that bm will win or barb will win u r completely wrong. claw/fist build bm is very good indeed, but barbs at lvl98 can have 30k hp buffed and if u dont believe it look up for it in these forums to see the screenshots. plus barbs have the skill that makes them inmune to movement debuffs for 10 seconds, if we talk about lvl99+ with sage/demon skills, demon sunder of barbs besides getting 4k hp and doing 9k bleed, grants 5 seconds that all hits will be critical, while using the movement inmunity, ouch. armaggeddon if u time it right makes huuuge damage, even though if u cast it with 24.6k hp, it will do with 75% dmg reduction in pvp and + mp value, around 15k damage+bms physical resistance, it will still blow hp down, if the armaggeddon is zerk or crit *cough*, and invoke the spirit for 20 seconds all damage reduced to 90%. and if they both use genies and apothecary pots, man that would drag forever. i myself have never had any problem with bms in pk or duels, but tbh i have to say if i had to choose a class to fight with, i would choose a bm because its the most interesting and entertaining.
  • Gasoline - Lost City
    Gasoline - Lost City Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    lvl 100+ hell barb is pretty much the strongest pvp-class you will ever find - after rank8 wizards.

Onslaught + 35% more crit + occult ice + Armageddon = someone will die.

Barbs with full set of lvl 11 demon skills + endgame gear are ridiculously OP at high lvls, its just dumb trying to argue about it and comparing them to weaker classes. To make it even worse 100+ barbs also have a 20% chance to debuff you every 30 sec - which is kinda overkill since you will die to Armageddon even if you have all the buffs in the game.
  • godprince
    edited January 2010
    Options
    lvl 100+ hell barb is pretty much the strongest pvp-class you will ever find - after rank8 wizards.

Onslaught + 35% more crit + occult ice + Armageddon = someone will die.

Barbs with full set of lvl 11 demon skills + endgame gear are ridiculously OP at high lvls, its just dumb trying to argue about it and comparing them to weaker classes. To make it even worse 100+ barbs also have a 20% chance to debuff you every 30 sec - which is kinda overkill since you will die to Armageddon even if you have all the buffs in the game.

the strongest pvp class? rofl

i agree with all who says barbs are pretty strong, but even with all their gear and demon skills, any other class with the same endgame gear is pretty capable of. i mean if we talk about pk with genies and all that, a veno has a 50% chance to switch the barbs mp and hp....*ouch*, a veno also has the 70% dmg reduction and return dmg for 15 seconds, when against a bm, demon bms have good chances of critical as well, and even if u use genie apothecary pots and skills u will be inmune to stuns for like 35 seconds, but the bm can use the reduce all dmg by half pot meanwhile, or can just leap back activate movement buff and wait. if it is a claw/fist bm, the interval between sparking will be so short they will be sparking each time u look at em, theres a video a lvl100 barb with CLAWS soloed HH2-3 without ticking his charm and he demon sparked like super fast. we have wizards insane skills, if u want armaggeddon requiring 2 sparks lets say the wizzie has 2 sparks he uses sutra, for 6 seconds he can cast his ultimate spells on a barb and that freaking hurts
  • DrkLordZ - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Blademasters and Wizards be pro endgame PKers. A Light Armor Blademaster who has been buffed with his Will of Bodhistava and an Archers Blessing of the condor will have about 40k evasion. And the blademasters would best use Fists when 1vs1 melee classes.

I'm poor as heck.
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    Asperitas - Lost City Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Blademasters and Wizards be pro endgame PKers. A Light Armor Blademaster who has been buffed with his Will of Bodhistava and an Archers Blessing of the condor will have about 40k evasion. And the blademasters would best use Fists when 1vs1 melee classes.

Assuming obtainable and non-uber-cash-shopped-gear, being a full light armor BM also means you have low hp, low physical defense, and moderately low magic defense. And since there are skills and magic that don't miss, anything that hits you will hurt like hell.

In my opinion, it's better to stick with heavy armor, and if you're really aiming for those intervals, then half heavy, half light. Anything more, you're really sacrificing your pdef.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • godprince
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Assuming obtainable and non-uber-cash-shopped-gear, being a full light armor BM also means you have low hp, low physical defense, and moderately low magic defense. And since there are skills and magic that don't miss, anything that hits you will hurt like hell.

In my opinion, it's better to stick with heavy armor, and if you're really aiming for those intervals, then half heavy, half light. Anything more, you're really sacrificing your pdef.

i agree with that bms should better stick with heavy, or have LA but also the option of having HA. I mean there may not be yet, but someone who gets to refine all his gear to +12 and get citrine shards 150+, that bm could have easely over 13k hp, and more. i think an axe/fist&claw bm will be a pro endgame pvper, u have axe skills for ganking and all the aoes, and u have fist/claws which endgame with appropiate gear u may hit 4 or 5 times in a second, which is good for ganking too, since u have a few aoes, and u will have sparks in a matter of seconds+crits+if u r a demon bm even more crits. in the pwi character simulator there have been made even bms with 18k hp, but...u know...insane gear endgame, prolly citrines 150+ or 170+, refine gear 12+, and vit+ mod really high.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    BMs are gimped end game... not to say they totally suck, but a really good BM is equivalent to a decent anything else.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • godprince
    edited January 2010
    Options
    BMs are gimped end game... not to say they totally suck, but a really good BM is equivalent to a decent anything else.

gimped? lol suck? u either dont know a bm, have never been in west arch, silver pool or other pk spot. A demon bm pawns hard, they have really good amount of dmg, they can stun lock, if one stun goes well, u just need aoelian to work and make a chain of over 16 seconds stun locked. a fist/claw bm can hit 4 or 5 times per sec with endgame insane gear, meaning sparking will be in 6 seconds around. showing up in a thread to say bms totally suck made me rofl really hardb:laugh

(do u know ecatomb (lol) check their skills there since i know u've never tried a bm before)
  • CornHilario - Heavens Tear
    CornHilario - Heavens Tear Posts: 647 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    imo, axe bms should stick with pve. nice zhenning. fist bms with demon spark are INSANE if they can attack fast enough. by "fast enough" i mean 5 attacks per second. which barbs can do:http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=553941
    One corn to rule them all and in the darkness cream them

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    MS paint ftw. Disclaimer: my suit is actually gray, not black.

♥: The best f♥♥king censor ever. Always remember to show
    love to eachother on the forum even when you are cussing eachother out.
  • XxIfritxX - Lost City
    XxIfritxX - Lost City Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    lol...lots of ideas :P

in PvP : I say just waste of charm " Barb Vs BM "

in Duel : best weapon n armor win xD
    All my Goals in Life Turned to be Offside b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • godprince
    edited January 2010
    Options
    imo, axe bms should stick with pve. nice zhenning. fist bms with demon spark are INSANE if they can attack fast enough. by "fast enough" i mean 5 attacks per second. which barbs can do:http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=553941

i've already seen that video. but difference is a bm with claw/fist has actually SKILLS while wearing fist/claw. and a wise bm with skill would go and get both axe and fist/claw skills. while axe is not as useful in pvp like fist/claws, only when using axes u can stun lock ur target for over 16 seconds (supposing aoelian 50% of success rate works), if a bm is able to switch and has the ability to carry both axe/fist/claws, they rock.

P.D: im NOT saying anything against barbs since im just focusing on bm, most of the times i agree barb vs bm completely waste of charms and repair bills)

Edit: i was researching about blade bms, and the ulti of blade bms is pretty cool to combine with fist/claws, it reduces magic and physical dmg of targets 50% for 15 seconds, its hard to choose
  • AlanWake - Harshlands
    AlanWake - Harshlands Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    the question's in the title. :)

dual hammer cleric b:pleased
  • Aydamn - Lost City
    Aydamn - Lost City Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Spear cleric imo
  • TurismoX - Lost City
    TurismoX - Lost City Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Where do Assassins come into this list of best melee class?

How do you even rate the best melee class?

Like, would you go by which one has most chance against other classes?

If that's the case, they are really all equal.

I mean, Barb and BM kinda struggle against magic users, but Sins have it all over them.
    But Sins have hard time with Barb and BM, so it evens out.

Really is no best melee class. :/
  • FanFon - Dreamweaver
    FanFon - Dreamweaver Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    full dex fist wiz for the win

But seriously I gotta say barbs with their 30k 1hko skill<_<