Again.....really?

Options

Comments

• Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    From almost (98%) every mob you kill in this game you have a change on a quest item for it, so in a way its a core quest :P

I guess...but you still have the OPTION to do it. Thus, it's an OPTIONAL, not CORE quest, like, say...a Cultivation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    From almost (98%) every mob you kill in this game you have a change on a quest item for it, so in a way its a core quest :P

Did you buy any of your orders or DQ mats or did you only used the ones you got from your own quests and mobs killed?
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I thought that the following was an apt summation in regards to the mounts, if nothing else.
    It's the nature of MMO's for things to devalue over time. Anyways, the most expensive dq mount was left untouched, only the cheap ones were changed and given gold prices, their changes put them right in line cost wise with the other mounts that were made cheaper.
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I thought that the following was an apt summation in regards to the mounts, if nothing else.

THIS.

THIS.

A thousand times, THIS.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Llewellyn - Lost City
    Llewellyn - Lost City Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Did you buy any of your orders or DQ mats or did you only used the ones you got from your own quests and mobs killed?

I dont buy DQ, i love grinding to much as odd as it might sound, even leave WQ and CS alone most of the time for the grinding and earning lol
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I dont buy DQ, i love grinding to much as odd as it might sound, even leave WQ and CS alone most of the time for the grinding and earning lol

I'll take my hat off to you than... Dang, that was lots of grinding....
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    So your argument is... when people have less disposable income on average, they should focus on putting "essential" items in the CS rather than the fluff items that you can easily do without?

That makes a lot of sense.

And obviously these non "essential" items are "essential" to some people or else PWI would be focusing on whatever brings them more money.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I have always been one to tell people to quit complaining, and I have always been a loyal player of this game. However the recent nonstop string of sales and absolutely ridiculous amount of new cash shop items being released at such a rapid rate can lead me to one of two conclusions. Someone high up in the ranks has predicted this game will not have long term survivability. They are therefor going to suck as much money out of it as they possibly can before that time comes.
    That was kinda my initial reaction to the sales too. However, the parent company is doing really well, and they claim PWE is doing well too. (PWE is a wholly owned subsidiary of Perfect World Co.) Granted PWE does run more games than just Perfect World, but it seems to be their bread and butter product.

http://www.google.com/finance?q=pwrd
    http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/articles/prnewswire/200908100335PR_NEWS_USPR_____CNM019.htm
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Since the company and the game (in one form or another) has been around for 4+ years.... I would say the claims of non-long term survivability are kind of funny..... Get in your head, the US is not all the world, just because something has not made it to the US, or looks different, it does not mean is not out there (true broadband videoconfering cell phones in Japan for example.. in the US we can barely surf the web on a cell phone..)

Sales are good, they attrack new players, who will want to buy all the clothes, and mounts, and aerogears, and charms, etc.
  • Novie - Sanctuary
    Novie - Sanctuary Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Since the company and the game (in one form or another) has been around for 4+ years.... I would say the claims of non-long term survivability are kind of funny..... Get in your head, the US is not all the world, just because something has not made it to the US, or looks different, it does not mean is not out there (true broadband videoconfering cell phones in Japan for example.. in the US we can barely surf the web on a cell phone..)

Sales are good, they attrack new players, who will want to buy all the clothes, and mounts, and aerogears, and charms, etc.

I'm pretty sure most people are referring to the survivability of PWI and *not* the parent company.
    Sanctuary - Novie 84 Archer inactive
    Sanctuary - Avatea 62 Veno (with herc) b:victory
    Dreamweaver - Nova 60 Cleric inactive
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I'm pretty sure most people are referring to the survivability of PWI and *not* the parent company.

PWE and the parent company are the same thing for all purposes, after all PWE is a subsidiary of the parent company.
  • Piliener - Lost City
    Piliener - Lost City Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    It's not going anywhere this is nothing new...just new people whining about it. Welcome to the game back from PW-MY it hasn't changed.

Economies will fluctuate and have good and bad parts. Wheather they be virtual or not is irrevelant they have their own crashes and whatnot. This is their solution to try to speed a healthy economy back to life. It's nothing more nothing less
    Spoons you will forever be missed in this community
  • Voxstellarum - Heavens Tear
    Voxstellarum - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    i can deal with any amount of boutique madness cuz like many people, i dont thrive on the in game economy i merely laugh at the people being gouged day in day out. BUT if they ever slash the price on DQ60 bracers or make them in cashshop ill be on the first train to play some **** like shaiya, just to prove how far pwi has slid down the pole...
  • RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary
    RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary Posts: 593 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    LOL you people are STILL QQing about your little ponies? Oh boo hoo, you high levels worked SO hard to get your little sparkly ponies and now you dont look so speshul and cool because a lowbie has one just like yours! QQMOAR.

Bummer.

I, for one, think its great they reduced the price on mounts. They were a little too pricey anyway. And I could really care less about the horses, cause Im a dude, and I think they are both a tad....fruity....for dudes. But to each their own, you know?

Im really happy the sales team didnt go ballistic with another sale. It is refreshing to know, that they are actually listening. They are merely putting in new content that is available :D

And you gotta remember this: players control gold prices, instead of pointing the finger and blaming the dev's, try to look at your fellow players and ask them "why are you doing this?!?!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Duke Shouts: WTT PWI for Your Credit Card! It is the duty of all warriors to do so NAO! b:bye LeirtA - Lost City PWI = Pay2Win International

b:bye Quit as of 10/09 b:bye
  • bawksy
    bawksy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    HEY RISEN! JUST BECAUSE YOU DON'T HAVE A HEART DOESN'T MEAN OTHERS DON'T! I WILL ALWAYS QQ ABOUT SOMETHING THAT LOOKS THIS BEAUTIFUL
    M1-0932-l.jpg
    inb4 Alexeno

ಠೈಠ Troll-sauce-face made by Konariraiden
    When you see it.. Just don't post again.
  • Venomeow - Sanctuary
    Venomeow - Sanctuary Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I, for one, think its great they reduced the price on mounts. They were a little too pricey anyway. And I could really care less about the horses, cause Im a dude, and I think they are both a tad....fruity....for dudes. But to each their own, you know?

Im really happy the sales team didnt go ballistic with another sale. It is refreshing to know, that they are actually listening. They are merely putting in new content that is available :D

That.

This update has been an attempt to make mounts closer to their 'normal' price and in turn more affordable. In my eyes that's a good thing. After all people b:cry so much about gold prices anyway. At least now mounts are a bit cheaper.

On the contrary to some of the other posts of discouragement, I suppose this new pretty horsey addition makes me want to get off my butt and do something that makes money other than just WQ and BH.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    well this isn't all bad. cheap mounts don't have as much an impact on game play than cheap misty forests and sky demons.

i dont think the game is failing tho...if that were the case, they wouldn't bother to be implementing updates like this. i mean bounty hunter almost seems like the devs kind of listened to players' complaint that leveling was hard, that fb's exp rate was horrible compared to grinding, that the game was becoming uninteresting. because they're adding new stuff, i have high hopes that the game will live yet.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • clevernickname
    clevernickname Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    The secondary conclusion is that the first set of sales, way back there now, caused sales to go up so much that someone got greedy and thought hey lets do this every week. The truth is, what do the majority of new players who come to a game like this feel? They feel weak, because they are everyone is weak when they are new all of us were at some point, they feel like all the items they want are out of reach for them, and they get frustrated and angry and quit. By doing all this nonsense, they drag in money from these new players with all these items that they can suddenly afford through the cash shop. Problem is PW, these types of players just quit anyway, because they want everything handed to them, and no matter what you put in that cash shop, it will never be that way in the end. They will quit, and by trying so hard to suck every last dime out of them before they do, you'll lose the ones that wouldn't have quit before.

thanks, really made me feel good to see i'm not the only one who believes this. the dedicated players, the ones who make up a lot of the PW community, are the ones who try to earn things instead of purchase them with zen.
  • MentalEdge - Heavens Tear
    MentalEdge - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    LOL you people are STILL QQing about your little ponies? Oh boo hoo, you high levels worked SO hard to get your little sparkly ponies and now you dont look so speshul and cool because a lowbie has one just like yours! QQMOAR.

Bummer.

And you gotta remember this: players control gold prices, instead of pointing the finger and blaming the dev's, try to look at your fellow players and ask them "why are you doing this?!?!"

Exactly ,gimme a tiger tank or an f-16 anyday over a my little pony rip off b:cute
    Quit 100%...and surprised my forum account wasn't banned...yet
    edited August 2009
    Options
    thanks, really made me feel good to see i'm not the only one who believes this. the dedicated players, the ones who make up a lot of the PW community, are the ones who try to earn things instead of purchase them with zen.

And you are also the freeloaders that do not pay the PW bills..... If everyone was a dedicated player like yourself, and would not purchase things with zen, there would be no game for you, dedicated player, to play in.

No offense intended there, but it is a fact that zen pays the bills, not the free players....
    It is hard to balance the playing players and the free players, and the fact that in this game you can buy everything in-game (even gold), that is available in cash shop, puts this game far ahead of any other F2P when it comes to giving all the players the ability to get stuff.

The only difference is one group will use their credit card, while the other will use their time (to grind and get coins to trade for items/gold)
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    And you are also the freeloaders that do not pay the PW bills..... If everyone was a dedicated player like yourself, and would not purchase things with zen, there would be no game for you, dedicated player, to play in.

Also though, without the non-paying players, the paying ones would buy much, much less zen. There would be no one to sell it to in the game after all.

Prices have to be low enough for people to actually stick around to buy any of the gold.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
    edited August 2009
    Options

No offense intended there, but it is a fact that zen pays the bills, not the free players....
    It is hard to balance the playing players and the free players, and the fact that in this game you can buy everything in-game (even gold), that is available in cash shop, puts this game far ahead of any other F2P when it comes to giving all the players the ability to get stuff.

The only difference is one group will use their credit card, while the other will use their time (to grind and get coins to trade for items/gold)

I'm a free loader too but i don't want to be,i tried giving 150 quid to several different retail outlets in my area,but sadly they are all country bumpkins and don't know how to work their own pay point machinesb:sad

Has nothing to do with the thread but i felt like a good QQ.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Also though, without the non-paying players, the paying ones would buy much, much less zen.

All they'd have to do is offer other ways to exchange gold for coin.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • clevernickname
    edited August 2009
    Options

new content that is available? paradox much?

the argument that players control gold prices is not completely true. because of the scale of the economy, it is not possible to control gold purchasing and selling even if 95% of the players on every server stopped trading gold. demand for gold will always be inherently high due to the design of the game. try fighting any TT boss at level (that means doing each stage in the level range) without a charm. try engaging in any PVP activity without charms, angels, refined gear, etc. in short, the demand for gold is directly related to the boutique items and the game itself. PW can directly affect the market, as is evidenced by the introduction of Jolly Jones and Cube Chests and the subsequent skyrocketing gold prices. so to blame only players is as short-sighted as solely blaming the developers.

consider, though, which is more feasible. 100% of the massive player population to band together and set market conditions, or the developers to respond to the inflated economy and try to alleviate it?
  • HolyInferno - Sanctuary
    HolyInferno - Sanctuary Posts: 767 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    To me, all it seems like, with these adds in the CS that used to be obtainable only through the game itself is...

PWI is trying to transition from a player-controlled market to a corporate-set market with all items in game.

Does that make sense? b:question
    b:bye you were all swell peoples
  • clevernickname
    edited August 2009
    Options
    To me, all it seems like, with these adds in the CS that used to be obtainable only through the game itself is...

PWI is trying to transition from a player-controlled market to a corporate-set market with all items in game.

Does that make sense? b:question

the quote i like is "it's not a RPG game anymore, where players works to get the reward... but it's an eBay now, where it's all about money".

so, rather than spend "real" money on "real" items, i should spend my "real" money on "virtual" items while "virtual" money devalues further and further.
    edited August 2009
    Options
    the quote i like is "it's not a RPG game anymore, where players works to get the reward... but it's an eBay now, where it's all about money".

so, rather than spend "real" money on "real" items, i should spend my "real" money on "virtual" items while "virtual" money devalues further and further.

All popular f2p games go that way anyway.

I'm actually surprised this game stayed as good to free players as it did for so long.
  • clevernickname
    edited August 2009
    Options
    All popular f2p games go that way anyway.

yes, and then they become unpopular. that is my point.
    edited August 2009
    Options

Unlike the real items that you buy with real money, that never devaluate.... I guess you never bought a new car.... Or a new jacket and tried to sell it at a later time....
  • clevernickname
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Unlike the real items that you buy with real money, that never devaluate.... I guess you never bought a new car.... Or a new jacket and tried to sell it at a later time....

yes, because games should be so much like real life, with all of the heartache and hassles? the "it's just a game!" accusations don't seem to understand that yes, it is a game, and thus shouldn't be subject to the same harsh realities of the world we live in.