Again.....really?

Options
13»

Comments

• IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    yes, because games should be so much like real life, with all of the heartache and hassles? the "it's just a game!" accusations don't seem to understand that yes, it is a game, and thus shouldn't be subject to the same harsh realities of the world we live in.

The harsh realities are cause by people. People play MMOs, therefore, they bring the same harsh realities into the game.

If you want to escape reality, MMOs are not the way, you should read books, write, paint, etc, heck, even play stand-alone games.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • clevernickname
    clevernickname Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    The harsh realities are cause by people. People play MMOs, therefore, they bring the same harsh realities into the game.

If you want to escape reality, MMOs are not the way, you should read books, write, paint, etc, heck, even play stand-alone games.

you make some good points, but the harsh reality that we are speaking of (devaluation of high-tier items) has not been caused by the people who play the game. although some may welcome the changes, the changes themselves were made by the game developers. furthermore, i can't recall a single forum post asking for high-level items in the Cash Shop, so to argue that the community advocated for these changes is a falsehood. most people demand more "new" content (and bug fixes!!!), not the introduction of well-established items into the boutique.
  • Reela - Lost City
    Reela - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options

Im really happy the sales team didnt go ballistic with another sale. It is refreshing to know, that they are actually listening. They are merely putting in new content that is available :D

LOL!! Why don't you share a little of that gum of yours.

Maybe then we can swallow some of that b:fatb PWI is dishing out. b:chuckle

[/CENTER]
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    let's keep the flaming and profanity out of the thread, or it will be locked.
  • Reela - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    Options
    let's keep the flaming and profanity out of the thread, or it will be locked.
    Ok. I'll b:shutup
    I am being trolled by a GM heheb:cute
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Ok. I'll b:shutup

spoons did learn from the best...

b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    LOL it's an icon YOU provided but Ok. b:shutup

I did not provide you with the picture that you posted. Don't mistake my words for something that they are not.
  • Reela - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I did not provide you with the picture that you posted. Don't mistake my words for something that they are not.
    I fixed my own post DARN your fastb:shocked
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    And obviously these non "essential" items are "essential" to some people or else PWI would be focusing on whatever brings them more money.

Something doesn't have to be essential for a person to want to buy it.
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Something doesn't have to be essential for a person to want to buy it.

So true.... the only essential thing is fashion. And we need some new ones....
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Euphy - Dreamweaver
    Euphy - Dreamweaver Posts: 495 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I agree, I would love for a new fashion set to be released each week or every other week. I'm never so excited about lottery items and such... But fashion! I would rather spend coin/gold on that then charms, shop licenses, and training scrolls.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I agree, I would love for a new fashion set to be released each week or every other week. I'm never so excited about lottery items and such... But fashion! I would rather spend coin/gold on that then charms, shop licenses, and training scrolls.

So true, what is the point of killing stuff if you cannot look good while doing it.
  • Raydoit - Sanctuary
    Raydoit - Sanctuary Posts: 377 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    uh....*cough*

Anyway my eyes have been bleeding all day with all the flashy horses. This is turning into one of those mmos where all the players have the same mounts, Eq, Black and White clothes, ect ect. Anyway I have gotten to 90 and still pw is getting more sickening the more I attempt to obsess over it. This was probably stupid of me but I left my faction (Legendary) in search of something new and fun to do in pw which turned out to be making a new awesome guild filled with nubs I can help and talk to. Well so far its been rather disappointing, I am having a hard time getting people to join because there are just so many newb factions in sanctuary and none of them are getting enough members to actually do TWs. Ack I lost myself....anyway if this doesn't cure my pw sickness I honestly don't know what will and if my little newb faction ends up failing like 99% of sanctuary factions I guess I'll beg Legendary to take me again. I guess if they dont take me back I'll give my account to Mr.Mikey and wait for Final Fantasy XIV and prolly play ssbb and other console games til then. Uh and yeah....DQ horses booo. PWE scam MOOAr!!11
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

See its black and white now. It means I quit! How poetic and stuff.
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    uh....*cough*

Anyway my eyes have been bleeding all day with all the flashy horses. This is turning into one of those mmos where all the players have the same mounts, Eq, Black and White clothes, ect ect. Anyway I have gotten to 90 and still pw is getting more sickening the more I attempt to obsess over it. This was probably stupid of me but I left my faction (Legendary) in search of something new and fun to do in pw which turned out to be making a new awesome guild filled with nubs I can help and talk to. Well so far its been rather disappointing, I am having a hard time getting people to join because there are just so many newb factions in sanctuary and none of them are getting enough members to actually do TWs. Ack I lost myself....anyway if this doesn't cure my pw sickness I honestly don't know what will and if my little newb faction ends up failing like 99% of sanctuary factions I guess I'll beg Legendary to take me again. I guess if they dont take me back I'll give my account to Mr.Mikey and wait for Final Fantasy XIV and prolly play ssbb and other console games til then. Uh and yeah....DQ horses booo. PWE scam MOOAr!!11

tl;dr: Bye, we won't miss ya.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Ack I lost myself....anyway if this doesn't cure my pw sickness I honestly don't know what will and if my little newb faction ends up failing like 99% of sanctuary factions I guess I'll beg Legendary to take me again. I guess if they dont take me back I'll give my account to Mr.Mikey and wait for Final Fantasy XIV and prolly play ssbb and other console games til then. Uh and yeah....DQ horses booo. PWE scam MOOAr!!11
    ROFLCAKES b:chuckle if you dont have the patience to keep your own guild intact and crawling miserably back to a silver plate serving fac, then youll most likely kill yourself with the next XIV. I doubt theyll have any lvl sync implimented and itll be like old times lol. 2hr party search.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Coraline - Lost City
    Coraline - Lost City Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Yay finally i can get a glowey horse woot
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

eatswithspoons "*roll eyes* real money for virtual property? That's definitely not allowed"

Lol what?
  • Flauschkatze - Heavens Tear
    Flauschkatze - Heavens Tear Posts: 998 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Yay finally i can get a glowey horse woot

yeesssss!!
    ~~Inactive~~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to Torhn for coloring!
  • Dandelyn - Heavens Tear
    Dandelyn - Heavens Tear Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I'm not one to go to obscene lengths to obtain a rare item just for show. Performance-wise, now that is another story entirely. I want to be the best player I can be and could care less how unique my toon looks.

If you honestly don't have anything better to do than fly around the map 20,000 times to get a mount that looks different than 98% of everyone else's, then go for it, but always remember that a horse is a horse of course of course.

Hugs, Dandy ;o)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Narcotic - Harshlands
    Narcotic - Harshlands Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    The 2 MMORPG's i have invested major time in seem the same. They seem to start out with the developers main focus is to make a successful game. Over time they tend to focus more and more on the quarterly bottom line profit. That the way of MMORPGs i guess.

They also both have an overpowered class. Perfect balance is just not possible i guess. And they are very slow to change things and by slow i mean takes years.

Reasons i stick with this game over previous game i played.

1. This game is better suited for multi character building. This is due to crazy stone quest and getting higher level gear often and being able to craft your own gear. In the end, I'm just a big puzzy care bear character builder. Developing many different roles and builds brings me joy.

2. All players have access to CS items. Personally i don't buy or sell gold and probably i spend less money than the average credit card using player. But it nice to know all can compete, just some must invest more time where others can spend more real life money.

3. Game developer seem to work harder at bringing new content.

4. I guess over time i have realized MMORPG's are what they are. I just focus on the parts that bring me enjoyment and pretty much ignore the rest.

5. These leads to next. PvP means very little to me. If it did, this would not be the game for me. 5 and 6 second stuns, bugged bleeds, one shot kills or kills before you can move does not make for interesting PvP. The initial attacker has too big an advantage meaning the **** RPKer has huge advantage cause he stuns and PKs before you can even react. That's so fun? Yea right. I know there genies and anti stun potions, so save it, the RPKer has massive advantage, leaving decent players subject to RPKers will. I usually just put up with getting killed, on average, once every hour grinding. I just ignore them, respawn and go back to leveling my character.

6. I LOVE GIVING MY CHARACTERS HUGE **** and AZZ. YEA!!!!!b:dirty I want CS item to allow player to make bigger **** and plz make on sale. I want **** to be bigger than characters head. Yea, i said it.
  • Reela - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    Options
    uh....*cough*

Uh and yeah....DQ horses booo. PWE scam MOOAr!!11
    (Edited for space)

LOL and to make that more funny imagine all the excuses the butt kissers come up with to make reason out of it all.

Lame excuses for those responsible = brown rings around your lips......... Passes napkins.

Someone suggested that the lack of our daily "It's a new day, mornings are vital" message was due to PWI's attempt to lower the LAG in Arch during that time of evening. LOL come on! b:shutup Again... really?
  • Raydoit - Sanctuary
    Raydoit - Sanctuary Posts: 377 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    tl;dr: Bye, we won't miss ya.

objection.jpg

not we, you

and

GodotSTFU.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

See its black and white now. It means I quit! How poetic and stuff.