Again.....really?

Raydoit - Sanctuary
Raydoit - Sanctuary Posts: 377 Arc User
edited August 2009 in General Discussion
This is the same thing with the misty forest rings, Sky demon pearls, tuaren cape, ect. being lowered by an insane amount. I dunno why they are doing this but they are more or less trying to sweep all the old players from 08 out of pw by making all their hard earned items and EQs worth significantly less and making it waaay easier for the nubs to obtain. Perhaps they see it to be profitable to **** off all their loyal players by doing this ****. Updates have gone from a pleasant surprise to another dreadful boutique sale scam. I know it doesn't help but I feel for ya DQ horse owners =/

*ends rant*
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

See its black and white now. It means I quit! How poetic and stuff.
Post edited by Raydoit - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    It's the nature of MMO's for things to devalue over time. Anyways, the most expensive dq mount was left untouched, only the cheap ones were changed and given gold prices, their changes put them right in line cost wise with the other mounts that were made cheaper.
  • Raydoit - Sanctuary
    Raydoit - Sanctuary Posts: 377 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    It's the nature of MMO's for things to devalue over time. Anyways, the most expensive dq mount was left untouched, only the cheap ones were changed and given gold prices, their changes put them right in line cost wise with the other mounts that were made cheaper.

uh....

Silvermane: Was--->11m Now:20 gold
    Purple Lightning: same
    Lame non glow white horse: Untouched
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

See its black and white now. It means I quit! How poetic and stuff.
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    uh....

Silvermane: Was--->11m Now:20 gold
    Purple Lightning: same
    Lame non glow white horse: Untouched

J'accuse! SHUT YOUR GREEDY NOISE-HOLE!!

b:angry

YOU TACO HUMAN!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    Hisuna - Sanctuary Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I have always been one to tell people to quit complaining, and I have always been a loyal player of this game. However the recent nonstop string of sales and absolutely ridiculous amount of new cash shop items being released at such a rapid rate can lead me to one of two conclusions. Someone high up in the ranks has predicted this game will not have long term survivability. They are therefor going to suck as much money out of it as they possibly can before that time comes. It has nothing to do with the GM's so people should not give them a hard time about it. The truly ironic part about this is that if PWE had listened to it's players in the first place, they wouldn't be in a situation where the central core of both really good, and really devoted players, would be wanting to leave for something else.

The secondary conclusion is that the first set of sales, way back there now, caused sales to go up so much that someone got greedy and thought hey lets do this every week. The truth is, what do the majority of new players who come to a game like this feel? They feel weak, because they are everyone is weak when they are new all of us were at some point, they feel like all the items they want are out
    of reach for them, and they get frustrated and angry and quit. By doing all this nonsense, they drag in money from these new players with all these items that they can suddenly afford through the cash shop. Problem is PW, these types of players just quit anyway, because they want everything handed to them, and no matter what you put in that cash shop, it will never be that way in the end. They will quit, and by trying so hard to suck every last dime out of them before they do, you'll lose the ones that wouldn't have quit before.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The family is a haven in a heartless world.
    Once a Guardian, Always a Guardian. Element: Fire.
  • ChronicDose - Harshlands
    ChronicDose - Harshlands Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I have always been one to tell people to quit complaining, and I have always been a loyal player of this game. However the recent nonstop string of sales and absolutely ridiculous amount of new cash shop items being released at such a rapid rate can lead me to one of two conclusions. Someone high up in the ranks has predicted this game will not have long term survivability. They are therefor going to suck as much money out of it as they possibly can before that time comes. It has nothing to do with the GM's so people should not give them a hard time about it. The truly ironic part about this is that if PWE had listened to it's players in the first place, they wouldn't be in a situation where the central core of both really good, and really devoted players, would be wanting to leave for something else.

The secondary conclusion is that the first set of sales, way back there now, caused sales to go up so much that someone got greedy and thought hey lets do this every week. The truth is, what do the majority of new players who come to a game like this feel? They feel weak, because they are everyone is weak when they are new all of us were at some point, they feel like all the items they want are out
    of reach for them, and they get frustrated and angry and quit. By doing all this nonsense, they drag in money from these new players with all these items that they can suddenly afford through the cash shop. Problem is PW, these types of players just quit anyway, because they want everything handed to them, and no matter what you put in that cash shop, it will never be that way in the end. They will quit, and by trying so hard to suck every last dime out of them before they do, you'll lose the ones that wouldn't have quit before.

<3
    Ten chars
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Darkjagans - Heavens Tear
    Darkjagans - Heavens Tear Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited August 2009

+100

/10char
  • Xiaotutu - Heavens Tear
    Xiaotutu - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Well this would most definitely push up goldprices. Bleh it's actually a deterrent (at least for me) to spend any gold at all. I'm sure I'm not the only one :/
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Well this would most definitely push up goldprices. Bleh it's actually a deterrent (at least for me) to spend any gold at all. I'm sure I'm not the only one :/

Same here, I already got everything I needed from the cashshop. Got both herc and nix, and saved up enough dragon orbs to last a lifetime. Nearly all things in cashshop aren't must-have. And thanks to being a veno, I don't need charms often.b:victory
  • Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear
    Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Or 3rd and more that likely the right option, is that PWI have lowered the price on old mounts to path the way for future updates/expansions.
    If they had kept the old mounts prices the same and introduced new ones noone would buy the old mounts, atleast by lowering the price they have a chance to maximise their income since people on a limited budget can now afford the old one's while the rich will buy the new.

Will suck if people sell all their Dragon orders and PW add's new mounts that can be exchanged for them b:shutup
  • Lndigo - Harshlands
    Lndigo - Harshlands Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Blame Bill.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    numba one stunna.
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    This annoys me, an online game needs hard to achieve items to keep people interested. I know people who've done DQ quests and pumped most of their money into orders for months just to have a rare object. Here goes PWI just releasing them to make a quick buck before a certain game steals a lot of players.

If they valued their player base they'd add the already existent content that we are denied, such as the arena and the two other weekly dungeons.

Also gotta love the lie the GM's gave us. Telling us this event would lower gold prices, then putting rare items on sale for lazy CSer's, items containing 1mil only openable via boutique items.
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • Llewellyn - Lost City
    Llewellyn - Lost City Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I find it extreemly redicilous, worked hard for my horse and now they place it in here for just 20 gold, realy a extreemness of greed going on here, none cash shop games starting to become awhole lot more attractive now because of the way they litterly toy around with us
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I find it extreemly redicilous, worked hard for my horse and now they place it in here for just 20 gold, realy a extreemness of greed going on here, none cash shop games starting to become awhole lot more attractive now because of the way they litterly toy around with us

This is why you have to get it through your heads to never get something because its "rare"

Rare in an mmo can change at a moments notice. Get it because you like it, not because it's rare or you will almost always be dissapointed later.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited August 2009

quoted for truth but dont think its too late jsut stop the friggn sales and bring mount prices up again and remove the bloody 1mil box
  • Llewellyn - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    This is why you have to get it through your heads to never get something because its "rare"

Rare in an mmo can change at a moments notice. Get it because you like it, not because it's rare or you will almost always be dissapointed later.

Its a mount wich comes from the DQ's wich makes them realy hard to get, even tho i got it cause i realy wanted this one its still not fair to place it in the cash shop, it just shows how greedy they are nothing else
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    But it's more a way of showing what you achieved, it's a visible badge of honour. It's kinda like selling Faux Demon/Sage fairies on the boutique. People like rare things because it makes them feel special, give one to everyone for an insulting price and it's no longer an achievement.
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
    edited August 2009
    Its a mount wich comes from the DQ's wich makes them realy hard to get, even tho i got it cause i realy wanted this one its still not fair to place it in the cash shop, it just shows how greedy they are nothing else

**** your greediness for "rare" things.
    But it's more a way of showing what you achieved, it's a visible badge of honour. It's kinda like selling Faux Demon/Sage fairies on the boutique. People like rare things because it makes them feel special, give one to everyone for an insulting price and it's no longer an achievement.

**** your honor.

b:cute

DESU
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    So my question to you is, was it an achievement in the first place? All it took was coin, or gold sold for coin. That's no more an achievement than a herc, nix, ancient boa, hellfire drake, or so on.

If it feels like an achievement to you that you did it from grinding your own DQ's great, you still have that feeling too. The item itself isn't an achievement though to people other than you.

You know how I look at it? I ground out the 25 copper/silver orders to get myself the 3% channeling sleeves from DQ's, then they came out with supply stashes, and when I hit 70 I was given free chips to make sleeves of the sea captain as soon as I was high enough to use them. So it was essentially a freebie upgrade given out. They didn't give out the effort I spent getting those DQ's they only gave out an item.
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    i Have Always Been One To Tell People To Quit Complaining, And I Have Always Been A Loyal Player Of This Game. However The Recent Nonstop String Of Sales And Absolutely Ridiculous Amount Of New Cash Shop Items Being Released At Such A Rapid Rate Can Lead Me To One Of Two Conclusions. Someone High Up In The Ranks Has Predicted This Game Will Not Have Long Term Survivability. They Are Therefor Going To Suck As Much Money Out Of It As They Possibly Can Before That Time Comes. It Has Nothing To Do With The Gm's So People Should Not Give Them A Hard Time About It. The Truly Ironic Part About This Is That If Pwe Had Listened To It's Players In The First Place, They Wouldn't Be In A Situation Where The Central Core Of Both Really Good, And Really Devoted Players, Would Be Wanting To Leave For Something Else.

The Secondary Conclusion Is That The First Set Of Sales, Way Back There Now, Caused Sales To Go Up So Much That Someone Got Greedy And Thought Hey Lets Do This Every Week. The Truth Is, What Do The Majority Of New Players Who Come To A Game Like This Feel? They Feel Weak, Because They Are Everyone Is Weak When They Are New All Of Us Were At Some Point, They Feel Like All The Items They Want Are Out
    of Reach For Them, And They Get Frustrated And Angry And Quit. By Doing All This Nonsense, They Drag In Money From These New Players With All These Items That They Can Suddenly Afford Through The Cash Shop. Problem Is Pw, These Types Of Players Just Quit Anyway, Because They Want Everything Handed To Them, And No Matter What You Put In That Cash Shop, It Will Never Be That Way In The End. They Will Quit, And By Trying So Hard To Suck Every Last Dime Out Of Them Before They Do, You'll Lose The Ones That Wouldn't Have Quit Before.

Qft.

+100
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • shammahbenjudah
    shammahbenjudah Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited August 2009

So true...and when you think about it, all the recent cash shop sales have been mostly fluff, catering to players' vanity. The vanity thing is only good in very small doses, but we're feeling a bit gorged on it at the moment.

PWI needs to get smart and add some solid bread and butter items to their cash shop and quit fooling around with the fluff so much. Maybe some consistent exp/coin/drops multiplier events would be nice, too.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Really?

The recent sales have been:

Charms.
    Battle-Pet packs.
    Zen.
    Inventory / Safe stones.
    Charms.
    Flying mounts.
    Zen again.
    {Eso's were here-ish? I foget those.}
    Ground mounts AND battle pet packs.
    Oracles and Charms.

Yes, alongside that there's been some fashion, but pretty much all the time there has been SOMETHING on special-offer that has had a real gameplay effect.
  • BratFury - Heavens Tear
    BratFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Actually, this comment shows YOUR greed. You don't want anyone else having something that you had to work hard for ... how is it unfair? Other people have the silvermane and the violet lightning well before this sell... OH how unfair that they bought all the orders instead of grinding for them themselves? Thats the mentality you have. That is greed, pure greed.

No longer an achievement? I'm sorry, did you forget you earned it in the first place? If you feel placated by the sale then you didn't feel very good about achieving it the "hard way" to begin with.

So true...and when you think about it, all the recent cash shop sales have been mostly fluff, catering to players' vanity. The vanity thing is only good in very small doses, but we're feeling a bit gorged on it at the moment.

PWI needs to get smart and add some solid bread and butter items to their cash shop and quit fooling around with the fluff so much. Maybe some consistent exp/coin/drops multiplier events would be nice, too.
    They have done sales that had NOTHING to do with mounts or aerogears or even fashion, you ppl still complain. Complain and complain and complain.

I think the events you mentioned would be nice in small doses as well, submit a ticket.. others will follow :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Norina - Dreamweaver
    Norina - Dreamweaver Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited August 2009

Quotation Truth Bandwagon.

I'm a big fan of the cash shop. Some things are cash shop rare. Some things are in-game rare. And no matter what, that's just a terrible blow to people who worked to get those horses in game. Same way I'm going to pout if/when a "rare" cash shop item is offered as a level 20 quest reward.

It doesn't matter how a player got something. Cash. Coin. Time. Money. The sense of achievement is a part of game theory, and I can't help but notice that PWI gets off on **** with that very basic foundation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] ((AFK from game. bbiab.))
  • Kamikiri - Lost City
    Kamikiri - Lost City Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    **** your greediness for "rare" things.

**** your honor.

b:cute

DESU

Somebodysaydesu.gif
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಙೆ_ಙೆ Rage sauce face, it's my expression everytime you necro a thread. ~Made by Konariraiden!
    edited August 2009
    Somebodysaydesu.gif

OH SHI--

It's begun!!!

DESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESU!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• shammahbenjudah
    shammahbenjudah Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Really?

The recent sales have been:

Charms.
    Battle-Pet packs.
    Zen.
    Inventory / Safe stones.
    Charms.
    Flying mounts.
    Zen again.
    {Eso's were here-ish? I foget those.}
    Ground mounts AND battle pet packs.
    Oracles and Charms.

Yes, alongside that there's been some fashion, but pretty much all the time there has been SOMETHING on special-offer that has had a real gameplay effect.

Yes and the economy hasn't recovered since the first of the last, I think two or maybe 3 charm pack sales...I've lost track now. I mean yes they have offered gameplay items for sale, but for the most part, it has been the fashions and expensive new or rare mounts that have blown everything out of whack.

The price of gold went up from 130k-ish on DW because of the charm packs and everyone wanted some. That would have been fine if the game had just gone back to normal...but after that its been a constant barrage of mounts and fashions and oh yeah..."lucky" eggs.

I mean, when you think about it...everyone wants a $50 mount or the newest fashion set but many want to pay for it with game coins. That means that somebody has to actually pay PW $50. Repaeat that "pay PW $50" thing for some pretty pixels a few times when the IRL economy is in the crapper and folks start to get a little tense.

All I'm saying is we can do without so much fluff and if the game expects to survive, they need to get back to the bread and butter basics and build a solid, stable financial environment.
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    So your argument is... when people have less disposable income on average, they should focus on putting "essential" items in the CS rather than the fluff items that you can easily do without?

That makes a lot of sense.
  • Llewellyn - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    Actually, this comment shows YOUR greed. You don't want anyone else having something that you had to work hard for ... how is it unfair? Other people have the silvermane and the violet lightning well before this sell... OH how unfair that they bought all the orders instead of grinding for them themselves? Thats the mentality you have. That is greed, pure greed.

No longer an achievement? I'm sorry, did you forget you earned it in the first place? If you feel placated by the sale then you didn't feel very good about achieving it the "hard way" to begin with.

They have done sales that had NOTHING to do with mounts or aerogears or even fashion, you ppl still complain. Complain and complain and complain.

I think the events you mentioned would be nice in small doses as well, submit a ticket.. others will follow :)

I guess you dont understand it, You just dont put a item coming from one of the core quest lines in this game in the cash shop, it shows great disrespect to the players and only points out their greed for real life money, i dont care about the coins loss, iam a veno so realy dont have trouble with coins or helping others out
    edited August 2009
    I guess you dont understand it, You just dont put a item coming from one of the core quest lines in this game in the cash shop, it shows great disrespect to the players and only points out their greed for real life money, i dont care about the coins loss, iam a veno so realy dont have trouble with coins or helping others out

Pssh.. "core quest lines"? I haven't done one!

b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Llewellyn - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    Pssh.. "core quest lines"? I haven't done one!

b:laugh

From almost (98%) every mob you kill in this game you have a change on a quest item for it, so in a way its a core quest :P