Comments

• Yserra - Sanctuary
    Yserra - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Nope. I doubt it will be.
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I was wondering the same. The marriage message has changed, and another member of my faction swears he saw two female chars married to eachother.
    I wonder what you'd need to get married? Still bride and groom packs, or both get the same pack? meh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • BratFury - Heavens Tear
    BratFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    someone got married on HT a bit ago but I didn't pay attn to the message.. they changed the message? what does it say?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2009
    It used to mention that x and y were husband and wife. Now it just says that x and y are married.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    retired, etc
  • BratFury - Heavens Tear
    BratFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    This is sure to become a controversial subject that I forsee being flamed, trolled and then eventually locked. I hope that doesn't happen but that is what I see!

That is interesting, I will try to watch the next time someone marries to see how it is different. I guess is someone wanted to test it, it would cost quite a bit of money.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Ehhh. -____- I hope not.

I'm all for equality and all that, but this would just cause more problems than it'd solve.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • MissAdelia - Harshlands
    MissAdelia - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I really hope it is true. Equality for all preferences should be given. (:
    'You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.'
    edited August 2009
    Ehhh. -____- I hope not.

I'm all for equality and all that, but this would just cause more problems than it'd solve.

Well, if it IS true... it's gone unnoticed for a bit now and the (perfect) world hasn't ended. People will deal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    retired, etc
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Some people will deal. Other people will act like 12-year-olds (if they aren't already) and run around sending male-to-male carry requests to random people. There's a certain element to kids (usually boys) of that age where calling a peer **** is the ultimate insult.

Then there will be the "moral" controversy from religious people, people who let their kids play this game, etc... the fact of the matter is, ****-friendly culture is not ubiquitous, therefore world isn't ready for **** marriage to be implemented in an MMO. I've said it a million times: take the activism to where it matters instead of wasting it on a video game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
    edited August 2009
    As far as I can tell, same sex carrying still isn't allowed, and I don't think they'd go that far.
    I just don't think that it's such an in-your-face feature that it would warrant a riot. I usually have the titles turned off so I never know who's married blah blah, and I doubt I'm the only one. It will go unnoticed for the most part. People will complain just to complain, yeah, but that's hardly anything new.
    Also, if my tone came off kind of harsh in my previous post, I didn't mean for it to. I'm not much of a **** rights activist and I don't care one way or another if it is implemented. I just don't really agree that a suggestion so many people have supported should be turned down because a few people will complain - that applies to just about every part of the game. For the most part, I don't think people will notice, and those that do will likely quiet down after awhile.

I dunno though. I'm having a hard time believing this was deliberately implemented, because as you said, there's too much real world controversy on the subject as it is. Would be nice to have a GM comment :|
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    retired, etc
  • OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Some people will deal. Other people will act like 12-year-olds (if they aren't already) and run around sending male-to-male carry requests to random people. There's a certain element to kids (usually boys) of that age where calling a peer **** is the ultimate insult.

Then there will be the "moral" controversy from religious people, people who let their kids play this game, etc... the fact of the matter is, ****-friendly culture is not ubiquitous, therefore world isn't ready for **** marriage to be implemented in an MMO. I've said it a million times: take the activism to where it matters instead of wasting it on a video game.

You did an awesome job of stating the facts here without being insulting, demeaning or mean. I applaud you. I agree with you as well.
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    i dont care

i have a few friends and theyre **** and lezbians and we get along as long as they dont flirt with me or anything....i think theyre funy how they act lol.....(i usualy rofl....)

lol...

and about lezbians... i just think theyre hot lol
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    i dont think that its a subject that belongs in a game, it should be left out to remain neutral on the topic, as if it raises the flag supporting either, it just erupts into argument.

im tolerant of the lifestyle, but i dont think its appropriate on grounds of religions, morals of parents, and what their children should be exposed to against their will. until its a unified front, i dont want to see it in PW.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    All I want is to be able to carry other people on at least my mount.

There's no reason why a panther can't carry two skinny elf girls when it can cary some giant panda in a full set of armor and some random girl he found.
  • Xenaaah - Heavens Tear
    Xenaaah - Heavens Tear Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I just wanna play the game. I don't want to play and see "some" **** people use this as an excuse to further their agendas or whatever. Remember this is a game from China. I'm sure there are **** marriages already in the game. They just don't allow it. You wanna get married that bad (I don't see why you would) have one person roll a male character and the other a female. Problem solved. b:bye
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I hope not don't forget there are kiddies playing this game.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • mazzle
    mazzle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    In a perfect world, **** dont exist.
  • Yserra - Sanctuary
    Yserra - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    For those saying they don't believe the issue should be brought up in game, I say they should take out marriage alltogether. What are the age demographics for this game to begin with? I think adding an embrace/kissing animation makes the game a bit mature for the kids that play and don't think they need to be encourage to look for online romance. Parents seem to forget that the internet can be a dangerous place and need to monitor their spawn more often.

Back to the subject, I'm all for **** relationships in real life, but once again... it doesn't need to be made an issue in a video game.
  • Xenaaah - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009
    For those saying they don't believe the issue should be brought up in game, I say they should take out marriage alltogether. What are the age demographics for this game to begin with? I think adding an embrace/kissing animation makes the game a bit mature for the kids that play and don't think they need to be encourage to look for online romance. Parents seem to forget that the internet can be a dangerous place and need to monitor their spawn more often.

Back to the subject, I'm all for **** relationships in real life, but once again... it doesn't need to be made an issue in a video game.

It's a good point. Honestly there's alot **** that goes on and I know all the kids that play, see it as well. Mostly player's conversations. If you have to be at least 13 to play this game then some changes should be made.
    edited August 2009
    my religion makes us marry satan :D
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I wanna marry Asterelle! :D
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
    edited August 2009
    too bad hes mine
  • _malkavian_ - Dreamweaver
    _malkavian_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    it would be awesome a same sex marriage so i can get married with my alts u_u that would be like the perfect narcissistic dream b:dirty . Ok back to the subject xP in my opinion it would be good at least if you could carry someone or give it a ride even if its the same sex as your character but not in a sexual way i mean just like partners girls carrying girls men carrying men helping each others in battle ( just like in RL xP ) . And for same sex marriage it would be good for those who want it i would use it for what i said XD i dont have any problems with **** or **** ppl SO GO AND FIGHT FOR YOUR MARRIAGE YOU HAVE MY SUPPORT xP still i wouldnt spend money on getting married with someone that isnt me xD . And kids arent that innocent now like they were 5 years ago xD

and i was thinking this will make yaoi girls fan go b:dirtyb:dirtyb:dirty xDDD
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I was wondering the same. The marriage message has changed, and another member of my faction swears he saw two female chars married to eachother.
    I wonder what you'd need to get married? Still bride and groom packs, or both get the same pack? meh.

People use alts and get married twice to do this. some will male a male alt with the same name, but replace A with /\ (looks more similar in game), or replace a lowercase L with a capital i (I & l look about the same in game). there's various tricks people use to make a male alt (in the case of 2 females) or femals alt (in the case of 2 males) with almost identical looking names.

They then get 2 sets of marriage packs. Player A gets married to the alternate gendered version of player B, & then Player B gets married to the alternate gender version of Player A. In the end its twice as expensive and involves getting alternate gendered version of your character name to lvl 20 (minimum marraige level) and to archosaur. Then have a double marraige.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    /\stereIIe!!! b:dirty

b:chuckle
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    i dont think that its a subject that belongs in a game, it should be left out to remain neutral on the topic, as if it raises the flag supporting either, it just erupts into argument.

im tolerant of the lifestyle, but i dont think its appropriate on grounds of religions, morals of parents, and what their children should be exposed to against their will. until its a unified front, i dont want to see it in PW.

The problem lies in the fact that in most western culture, Homosexuality is already 'in your face' enough that kids already know about it. It's not like I wasn't aware of it by the time I was 12, my neighbors were ****, and most people I know of knew about it long before their parents ever even thought to think to talk to them about it (if ever).

Knowledge of homosexuals is already normal, it's the religious nutjobs that think they have to control how others live their lives that still makes it 'Taboo' to people.

~S
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    The problem lies in the fact that in most western culture, Homosexuality is already 'in your face' enough that kids already know about it. It's not like I wasn't aware of it by the time I was 12, my neighbors were ****, and most people I know of knew about it long before their parents ever even thought to think to talk to them about it (if ever).

Knowledge of homosexuals is already normal, it's the religious nutjobs that think they have to control how others live their lives that still makes it 'Taboo' to people.

~S

i agree. while i DONT want **** marriage in this game (for my own reasons.. people, strait males, being immature about female-female pairings), i dont think it's something that should be avoided "for the sake of the children." gayness is a fact of life. there are **** people, whether you want to tell your kids about them or not. and your kids WILL come across one someday. when i was a kid, i didnt know that **** people existed. my parents never said anything to me about it either. then ellen degeneris (spelling) came out on that sitcom she had. i remember that episode, and all the **** on the news about it afterwards. and the only thing that i was confused about, was why the news was being so insane about it.
  • Aldryami - Sanctuary
    Aldryami - Sanctuary Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Concerning in-game marriage: If we are going to have marriage in the game at all then I believe it should be inclusive. We should not base our policies (in virtual or real life) on the bigotry of "religious" or stupid people.

Concerning same-sex embracing: Whats wrong with a cuddle?

EDIT:

I understand the concerns about the young age of much of the player-base, but I think the issue here is whether there should be romance/affection in the game at all, not whether same-sex romance/affection should be allowed.
  • Xenaaah - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009

~S

Why is it that someone is a nutjob for what they believe in? That's insulting. I don't call you names just because you have an attitude of "I live my life however I want."
  • Tempir - Dreamweaver
    Tempir - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I'm for the same sex marriages cause honestly only the immature and those who feel they need to shove their religion down others throats will actually care.

I don't think the argument of protecting the children holds much water to be honest. I'm willing to bet most of them see plenty of it when they're not being supervised by their parents.
This discussion has been closed.