same sex marriage? o.o

Comments

• tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Knowledge of homosexuals is already normal, it's the religious nutjobs that think they have to control how others live their lives that still makes it 'Taboo' to people.

~S

Yep, the game is entrenched with subtle religious nuttery including the Khazarian star under the veno as she heals her subordinate slaves. Though the religion is about as offensive to humanity as anything can possibly be, it's propagation is still tolerated here while relatively harmless things like same sex marriage aren't.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    ROFLMAO

You're obviously either a liar or didn't learn an effin thing in school. Your own statements in other posts makes that obvious. Go spread your "garbage" somewhere else. Let us chat in peace, you trolling griefer.

lol. I don't need to lie about anything, but if you want to feel better about discounting what I say on that basis, please feel free to delude yourself even more than you already are.

What garbage am I spreading? Or is it that you dislike the way I tear religious arguments to shreds? If your so firm in your beliefs (if you believe) then nothing I say here should bother you in the least, because you are firm and steadfast in your belief in whatever boojum you call a god. If on the other hand what I say makes you mad or uncomfortable, it is most likely because your insecure with how you believe.

I have yet to actually start trolling. I'm debating here. You can also bet when I start Griefing someone, you'll know it as well. Until then, please do try to let your brain engage before you open your mouth. failure in doing this results in people pointing at you and loling!

~S
  • Baraya - Dreamweaver
    Baraya - Dreamweaver Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    That's just it hun. I was born and raised a christian. Heck I was an altar boy for a while b:laugh
    Then I hit puberty, grew a brain of my own and started questioning how what and why. It is exactly studying religion that got me to where I am today and that shaped me as a person.
    Fine, you have your religion and you're entitled to it. Keep it to yourself though, and let others believe whatever they want. One of my problems with religion is that christians claim their religion is the true one, muslims claim theirs is etc etc. While in reality, any major religion has as much credibility as an insane person worshiping a fishstick. But, they're insane coz they worship a fishstick, you're right coz the president of the US and the pope believe in the same mumbo jumbo you do.
    Again, believe what you want, but for the love of fishsticks, keep it to yourself. Noone gives a damn.

And yeah, lock this thread already.
    You tell me to keep "it" to myself while brandishing your own beliefs for why you think religion is wrong. Does that seem a little odd to you? Like hypocritic? I didn't preach anything to you about being right or wrong. I simply asked for respect. Who's got the problem here?

@ Saitada: I've been down that debate road a dozen times and I don't care to repeat it right now... especially since you haven't actually offered much worth debating with. You're just annoying.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Flauschkatze - Heavens Tear
    Flauschkatze - Heavens Tear Posts: 998 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    12. No inappropriate discussion types.
    Inappropriate discussion-types include, but are not limited to, the following discussion types: Politics, Religious issues, Abortion debates, etc. Common sense should dictate what is appropriate or not.

"PWI Community Forums: Rules of Conduct v1.0 - read meh!"

stop it already, leave each other be!
    ~~Inactive~~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to Torhn for coloring!
  • Candydrop - Lost City
    Candydrop - Lost City Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    What do you have faith in? Some imaginary boojum in the sky?

Does he/she/it/moo drive your car?
    Does he/she/it/moo pay your bills?
    Does he/she/it/moo go to work for you?
    Does he/she/it/moo raise your children for you?
    Does he/she/it/moo do anything for you that is tangible?
    Does he/she/it/moo do anything at all?
    Can you prove it? In any way? At all? Without using circular logic?

Didn't think so.

~S

Can u prove the opposite?

Didn't think so.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I think question is answered :)
    Like I said before, THATS why I dont want same sex marriage in here lmao

Relax and go out into the sun guys b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    You tell me to keep "it" to myself while brandishing your own beliefs for why you think religion is wrong. Does that seem a little odd to you? Like hypocritic? I didn't preach anything to you about being right or wrong. I simply asked for respect. Who's got the problem here?

While this wasn't addressed to me, let me comment.

It cuts both ways. You want the freedom to believe as you do. I want the freedom to believe as I do.

Neither belief structure is compatible with the other and can not co-exist side by side.

~S
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited August 2009

Didn't think so.

Hey there, circular logic. b:cute
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009

Didn't think so.

Quantitative evidence of either belief by volume:

The physical world exists and is tangible and provable.

The spiritual world 'may' exist and is a theory that as yet does not have any tangible proof that does not use circular logic based upon belief and faith.

I can grab a rock and smack you in the head with it. Your belief in your god stopping me from doing that isn't going to stop that rock from smacking you in the head.

*edit* So basically, no matter how hard you believe, your still going to end up with a lump on your noggin.

~S
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    You tell me to keep "it" to myself while brandishing your own beliefs for why you think religion is wrong. Does that seem a little odd to you? Like hypocritic?

No more than this:
    Please, non-believers, understand that there are many bad interpretations of religion that are being preached by many churches.
    I didn't preach anything to you about being right or wrong. I simply asked for respect. Who's got the problem here?

Did you now?
    What matters most is the religious text itself. Please respect religion enough to actually study it for your self instead of basing opinions on what bad preachers have said. There are many good reasons why so many very intelligent people across the world believe in it.
    Sounds like a preach to me.
    FYI: I am a Christian.

Good for you. Now like I said, keep it to yourself, coz noone cares.
    b:dirty
  • Candydrop - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    truekossy wrote: »
    Hey there, circular logic. b:cute

lmao about circular logic, i am not implying that since u cant prove it dont exist therefor it does, or the other way around, i am just fed up with ignorant ppl using this like a solid base argument. U cant prove anything with this ****.....

Hope a gm locks this soon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    Tigriss - Heavens Tear Posts: 760 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Can a GM please lock this horrible thread? The whole religious debate (fight) has gotten out of hand.

Please, non-believers, understand that there are many bad interpretations of religion that are being preached by many churches. What matters most is the religious text itself. Please respect religion enough to actually study it for your self instead of basing opinions on what bad preachers have said. There are many good reasons why so many very intelligent people across the world believe in it.

FYI: I am a Christian.

I was raised a cristian. I have seen various versions of the same book. Every one has stuff the other doesn't and everyone has omitted something from the original. BTW the bible was written by man. Has changed many times over the years to suit the church. If the church can change the text to suit it's needs and to get more fallowers. That means the text is worthless. Also the original was written in latan over 6000 years ago. Still not fully translated. People talked differently then. So in my eyes no one thease days can honestly say they know what every thing in the bible means.
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
  • Candydrop - Lost City
    edited August 2009

The spiritual world 'may' exist and is a theory that as yet does not have any tangible proof that does not use circular logic based upon belief and faith.

I can grab a rock and smack you in the head with it. Your belief in your god stopping me from doing that isn't going to stop that rock from smacking you in the head.

~S

The only correct world u used in this whole ramble is "may" cause neither side can prove that is right.

btw stop using kindergarten examples trying to prove ur point for someone that was supposed to use to have a religious background ur arguments really blow.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    I was raised a cristian. I have seen various versions of the same book. Every one has stuff the other doesn't and everyone has omitted something from the original. BTW the bible was written by man. Has changed many times over the years to suit the church. If the church can change the text to suit it's needs and to get more fallowers. That means the text is worthless. Also the original was written in latan over 6000 years ago. Still not fully translated. People talked differently then. So in my eyes no one thease days can honestly say they know what every thing in the bible means.

Actually the oldest texts of the old testament were written in an ancient form of the Hebrew written language, and the new testament was written in Greek, Latin, Aramaic, Coptic, Akkadian etc (you get the idea).

~S
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009
    The only correct world u used in this whole ramble is "may" cause neither side can prove that is right.

btw stop using kindergarten examples trying to prove ur point for someone that was supposed to use to have a religious background ur arguments really blow.....

She uses those examples to all the kiddies can understand what she is talking about.
    Actually the oldest texts of the old testament were written in an ancient form of the Hebrew written language, and the new testament was written in Greek, Latin, Aramaic, Coptic, Akkadian etc (you get the idea).

~S

Well who really cares all dead languages look the same to someone that cant read it. You got the point I was trying to make.
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
  • truekossy
    edited August 2009

The simpler an example, the easier for someone else to understand it and the harder it becomes to twist the example outside of what it was originally intended to show.

Besides, you don't even have an argument, so you really can't say anything about how good or bad an argument may or may not be.
  • Tempir - Dreamweaver
    Tempir - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2009

*edit* So basically, no matter how hard you believe, your still going to end up with a lump on your noggin.

~S

Lol just wanted to point out if a car came out of nowhere and strucked you before you could use that rock then from your point of view I assume you would consider that horrible luck but on their point of view God prevented you from striking them.

This is all subjective so neither side will ever win at this argument. :)
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    All you Need to Know about Christianity

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkXOwBIRX7Y

Instructions for the ****/ Sex Slavery of Captives:

Deuteronomy 21:11-13
    And seest among the captives a beautiful woman, and hast a desire unto her, that thou wouldest have her to thy wife; Then thou shalt bring her home to thine house, and she shall shave her head, and pare her nails; And she shall put the raiment of her captivity from off her, and shall remain in thine house, and bewail her father and her mother a full month: and after that thou shalt go in unto her, and be her husband, and she shall be thy wife.

In this thread:
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=348361

They not only allowed advertising of this extremely offensive literature with an outside link, they censored arguments against it. The link should be taken as a violation of the TOS.
    (b) User Content that would constitute, encourage or provide instructions for a criminal offense, violate the rights of any party, or that would otherwise create liability or violate any local, state, national or international law,
    # (e) Unsolicited promotions, political campaigning, advertising or solicitations;
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • bloblette
    bloblette Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    On topic:
    First, allow male venos and female barbs
    Then, either: allow same sex marriages or take out marriages
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009

So your saying you can't prove the physical world exists? 0_o

Why use more convoluted, confusing arguments when simple and direct arguments serve equally as well? Or is it too simple for you to understand?

I don't need to go into great details and convoluted discussion to prove the physical world exists. Come to Maui and let me smack you in the head with a rock. Proof the physical world exists.

Can you prove to me god exists?

Where is your evidence?

Ancient text? Using that argument Baal exists because there is ancient text saying he does. Loki exists because there is ancient text saying he does. Thor exists because there is ancient text saying he does. Zeus exists because there is ancient text saying he does. Atlantis exists because there is ancient text saying it does.

This rock in my hand exists because it is physical and tangible and I can cream your brains all over the ground with it. Refute that.

~S

*edit* Actually the 'rock in my hand' is a large piece of Coral rounded by wave action and weighs about 11 pounds, but it will do equally as well as a rock in spreading someones brains around if they are hit in the head with it.
  • Candydrop - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    So your saying you can't prove the physical world exists?

Why use more convoluted, confusing arguments when simple and direct arguments serve equally as well? Or is it too simple for you to understand?

I don't need to go into great details and convoluted discussion to prove the physical world exists. Come to Maui and let me smack you in the head with a rock. Proof the physical world exists.

Can you prove to me god exists?

Where is your evidence?

Ancient text? Using that argument Baal exists because there is ancient text saying he does. Loki exists because there is ancient text saying he does. Thor exists because there is ancient text saying he does. Zeus exists because there is ancient text saying he does. Atlantis exists because there is ancient text saying it does.

This rock in my hand exists because it is physical and tangible and I can cream your brains all over the ground with it. Refute it.

~S

Thats a fail to read and understand what i wrote, so lets make things clear

So lets say u hit me with a rock (using ur example since u obviously like it so much and want to do it) and i die, u say since my god doesnt stop u means he doesnt exist, right? isnt this just circular logic that u specifically asked not to be used to prove a point? This automatically makes u a hypocrite...

And u asked me to prove God exist and where is my evidence, like u I can ask the same, where is ur evidence he doesnt exist? People always say that, prove to me that u are right, well why dont u prove to me that u I am wrong? Or prove to me that u are right.....If u manage to do that....I ll accept it

FYI: I havent mentioned anywhere which side I support or whether I believe in God or not
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    it now says _ and _ have gotten married. Perfect wishes you all a lifetime of happiness b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • Antaury - Dreamweaver
    Antaury - Dreamweaver Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    mazzle wrote: »
    In a perfect world, **** dont exist.

a big FVCK YOU b:angry
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009
    How about this. Everyone STFU about religion. To beleivers keep your religion to yourself.
    There are far too many religions out there. I don't push mine on you don't push yours on me. About the same sex marrage thing. Every religion has marrage. How do christians and jews know the person wanting to get married doesn't worship a god that allows it. Who are you to tell someone can't do something just because you don't beleive in it? I say christians and jews cause they are the ones that mostly argue this subject. The fact is this game is based in a time B4 abraham, and a place that still Has very little fallowers of your religion residing in it. So your religiouse beleifes have no place here. Keep them out of my game and off my forums.

Oh to clerify what i mean about when the game is set. Its basicly made up of chineese mythology. so ancient china is its setting as far as i see it.
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009
    mazzle wrote: »
    In a perfect world, **** dont exist.

No in a perfect world you would be tied up in some sickos basement having stamp size sections of your skin cut out.
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
  • Candydrop - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    One last comment about this topic before I leave since this discussion is getting nowhere.....

I support **** marriage in game and hope it gets implement
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    Thats a fail to read and understand what i wrote, so lets make things clear

So lets say u hit me with a rock (using ur example since u obviously like it so much and want to do it) and i die, u say since my god doesnt stop u means he doesnt exist, right? isnt this just circular logic that u specifically asked not to be used to prove a point? This automatically makes u a hypocrite...

And u asked me to prove God exist and where is my evidence, like u I can ask the same, where is ur evidence he doesnt exist? People always say that, prove to me that u are right, well why dont u prove to me that u I am wrong? Or prove to me that u are right.....If u manage to do that....I ll accept it

FYI: I havent mentioned anywhere which side I support or whether I believe in God or not

Your missing my point.

I said your belief that your god is going to stop that rock from hitting you, won't stop it from hitting you.

That is a very simple statement.

It has everything to do with the existence of the physical world. The rock exists.

The burden of proof of the existence of a god on the other hand is on the believers. If they are unable to prove that their god exists then why should I believe in it?

Belief and faith in something doesn't make it exist (or not exist). Physical, tangible evidence on the other hand does. The rock exists. The 'god' may or may not exist. I am inclined to believe it doesn't exist because there is no proof to back the claim that it does.

I on the other hand can prove the physical world exists by smacking you in the head with a rock (not that I actually want to, I'm just using it as an example).

~S
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    Believing or disbelieving that god exists or doesn't exist is really moot. While I can prove the physical world exists, I can't prove the spiritual world does not exist. I 'believe' that it doesn't, but my belief of it's lack of existence doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Just like any believers belief that it does exist, doesn't mean that it does.

I personally am inclined to believe it doesn't exist until proof can be given to me that it does.

On to same sex marriage in game. Equal rights. guys and gals can get hitched, guys and guys, and gals and gals, should have the same rights.

~S
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
  • truekossy
    edited August 2009
    No in a perfect world you would be tied up in some sickos basement having stamp size sections of your skin cut out.

That reminds me of a movie, but I can't remember the name of it just now...
This discussion has been closed.