Shattered Gear

Options

Comments

• Tempir - Dreamweaver
    Tempir - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Okay.. I'm talking about potentially exploiting this feature by having your friend pking you over and over again with you wearing cheap disposable npc gear to farm mirages. Seems like no one is getting what I'm saying.

I do but on the official notes it mentions dropping Chi Stones so... Maybe it is gear level/type dependent? I would guess vendor items will turn into Chi Stones so this can't be exploited. Sure you can sell Chi Stones but I would imagine it would be a poor time consuming method of gold farming.

Of course this is merely an assumption so only time will tell.
  • Fireblood - Harshlands
    Fireblood - Harshlands Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I do but on the official notes it mentions dropping Chi Stones so... Maybe it is gear level/type dependent? I would guess vendor items will turn into Chi Stones so this can't be exploited. Sure you can sell Chi Stones but I would imagine it would be a poor time consuming method of gold farming.

Ya know in order to Decompose gears for chi stones you need a certain level of crafting skill THUS i say mat prices are gona shoot up lol.
    Quit.
  • Tempir - Dreamweaver
    Tempir - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Ya know in order to Decompose gears for chi stones you need a certain level of crafting skill THUS i say mat prices are gona shoot up lol.

Or PvP lots for them? ;3
  • Rumble - Harshlands
    Rumble - Harshlands Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    The mirage and chi drops are likely based on what an item is decomposed into. For instance if a 3 star level 60 armor tops decomposes into 3 mirages then maybe 3 drop when it is shattered and it takes 4 mirages to repair.

If you just have a one star level 30 armor top it decomps into the yuang stones so that's probably what drops and what is needed to repair it.

If this is the case then to "exploit" it you'd need to buy 3 star gear to get mirages. Not much of an exploit since 3 star gear usually sells for more then the price of the mirages it is made of. In the instances they are not selling higher it's because their endurance is so low and you have to pay to repair it to get mirages.

The only exploitation here is happening by PWI with their Hammer required boxes in the cube, GAs for people with bound gear and Jolly Jones event for worthless boxes that don't even come close to giving you drops that are worth the money spent on them.
  • Chocooo - Lost City
    Chocooo - Lost City Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Should give us a ****ing option to unbind our items then with this patch.
    Cause binding is retardedly pointless.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options

It does depend on what level the gear is.
    the type of Chi Stone is related to the level of the Shattered equipment.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • LinZeta - Lost City
    LinZeta - Lost City Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    IMO, it looks to me like PW just NERFED their PVP system?

The end result will probably be a loss of players but they are moving over to a new game (wont say name :X) anyhow so OH WELL.

b:shutup
  • JadeyRoared - Sanctuary
    JadeyRoared - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    My question, should your gear shatter do you lose refines??
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    My question, should your gear shatter do you lose refines??

My question as well. Because...
    Question: What happens to the gear when it is shattered?

Answer: When a gear is shattered, the item will lose all its base and enhanced stats, and become ineffective in battle. The item can still be equipped, but it will have no effect. The items subject to Gear Shattering are weapons, armor, tomes, and aerogear. If an aerogear has been shattered, it cannot be used for flight.

Meaning ineffective and you don't get the stats? Or you just get unlucky and lose a possible + refinement. Sucks if a person loses a +12 weapon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    My question as well. Because...

Meaning ineffective and you don't get the stats? Or you just get unlucky and lose a possible + refinement. Sucks if a person loses a +12 weapon.

^ if this is the case i will quit, thats just messed up if you permanently lose bonus stats.. Such as refines/equiped gems... etc
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    You do not permanently lose these stats.

You will get them back once you "repair" the items that have been Shattered.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    Options
    You do not permanently lose these stats.

You will get them back once you "repair" the items that have been Shattered.

I believe the GMs need to word that a little clearer then >: Go find your leesh attached to Spoonzie, Rosey, and tell him to fix eetb:infuriated
  • LiKuiDgHoSt - Harshlands
    LiKuiDgHoSt - Harshlands Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Yeah...these people won't care at all, I agree. Well, aside from wasting money on NPC gear. Still, I DO agree that if you stick with the bare minimum with no aspirations whatsoever, this is fine. But then again, if you bust your **** getting all the best in-game gear through just grinding out the coin and just binding the gear afterwords, or this--

well, that's just PWE telling you to **** yourself. I really like this game. When people ***** about the CS or anything else, I usually just rant at them to quit complaining. This patch, though, is bogus as hell.

Again, either you payed real money or spent a decent amount of time earning in game money to be able to bind your items to protect them. Then the devs just decided to throw away your time and/or money and put those same items at risk.

i believe people for whatever reason forgot about the reason you bound your items in the first place. . they can't drop. . and they still can't b:victory
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I believe the GMs need to word that a little clearer then >: Go find your leesh attached to Spoonzie, Rosey, and tell him to fix eetb:infuriated

b:shocked

It is in there....let me quote for you:
    What stats would a weapon lose if it were shattered? When you use chi stones to repair it, does it get those stats back? Would a bound weapon be immune to shattering?
    Kantorek wrote: »
    1. All stats.
    2. When the item is repaired, the stats will be returned as normal.
    3. Bound items are NOT immune to shattering. Just immune to dropping.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    Options
    b:shocked

It is in there....let me quote for you:

....... w/e u haxed b:surrender
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    Options
    ....... w/e u haxed b:surrender

b:lipcurl

I am not!! I just read b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    Options
    b:lipcurl

I am not!! I just read b:cute

H A X, no one reads anymore, its a waste of time b:bye

(me thinks we're ninjaing another thread b:quiet)
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    People... gear shattering behaves in the same manner as having an equipped item's endurance drop to 0. It still has the stats/bonuses/refines/etc,it's just that you can't use them until it's been repaired.
  • Foxx - Heavens Tear
    Foxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Many people are saying that peopl who bound their gear did it for nothing since they will have to buy GA's anyway. This is not necessarily the case. If you choose not to use GA's and just repair your shattered gear, your costs may well be below using a GA for each death.

It will depend on how often it shatters and how much it costs in chi stones.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    Options
    H A X, no one reads anymore, its a waste of time b:bye

(me thinks we're ninjaing another thread b:quiet)

No....not us.

Topic ---->

This is going to drastically change PvP and I am wondering how this works in TW. I am assuming it does not, but......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    If you have a GA nothings gonna change. Why the QQ.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options

Reason why people used to bind gear: to be able to PvP without fear of their gear dropping upon death and thus, not need to buy GAs in the first place (outside of maybe during heavy grinding to prevent exp loss).

This new system targets bound equips for destruction in a way preventable only by carrying GAs, staying blue named (PvE server), or never leaving safe zones once you hit level 30.

Naturally, those who have bound equips are NOT amused.
  • blindv
    blindv Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    first of all... your gear isn't gone correct? still in ur inv? why is it so hard to spend a little coins to repair? b:chuckle. I am on a PVE server, making me "anti-PK", thats exactly what your saying right? I don't PK, but not against PKing.

I'm sorry my mistake, I forgot that PVP servers are automatic PKing mode. Just pay coins to repair the broken gears. If you feel to flame me, go ahead. Its not going to change anything. I'm just a carebear anyways b:bye

The thing is, it isn't coins to repair the shattered gear, its mirage stones. Which are ALOT more expensive then just using normal coins (or alot more of a pain to get your hands on). I can see this patch making pking for lower levels go out, and more higher levels pkers come in. As they will have a bigger stash of mirage stones to repair thier equipment when needed. And they can easily kill alot of lower levels and live off the dropped mirage stones.

Whereas lower levels don't have any body else lower then thems to farm for mirages. Won't have a large enough stash of mirage stones to sustain their pking habits. And can't afford angels in large enough quantities to counteract this.
  • vampirenite
    vampirenite Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options

Things are a quite a bit different on a PvP server. You get Pk'd all the time as you level up usually by higher levels. I think I have been killed at least 30 times already in just a few weeks. If I had been using GAs that would have been painfully expensive.

I bound my most valuable items my Flying Mount and my nicest armor so I wouldn't have to worry about being killed. Now that is all moot. I hate to imagine what the repair costs on my Flyer would be.

So basically anyone medium level on a PvP server who has purchased nice flyers and/or armor weapons is being screwed. Also higher lvls that PK amongst their levels are being screwed. It increases the desirability for players to PK lower levels that they know they can definitely win against.
  • Bearleeable - Lost City
    Bearleeable - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I don't think some ppl have read the patch notes properly....

Just to clear some stuff up with I think may have been misread/interpreted

First of all if ur dark red and have safety lock mode ON (that is no chance to drop gear)
    and you get pked. --> 1 item in ur inventory with shatter by 4% <--- notice that its not a percentage chance for it totally shatter in one death. Its like a durability thing so that one item is now 96/100, if u take my point.
    So unless u are very unlucky and have the same item shatter everytime, you can die many many times before anything will actually shatter.

If you have the safety lock OFF on the other hand and are white/pink named, your gear will not shatter at all, not matter how many times u die. So ur gear is NEVER EVER going to shatter if ur white named with safety lock OFF not matter how many times u get RPKed. Or even if you die while attacking a Red name player.

I don't necessarily believe with the changes, I just wanted to point out some incorrect facts that people are throwing around. ANd if IM totally wrong in understanding this new PvP devolpment.... flame away. its my bad. :p

I was thinking I should maybe move this to its own thread so ppl can read, its kinda languishing here on page 8. I got all the info off the Server Maintenance Thread.
    Lets see if i got this straight cause if i do this is TOTALLY WRONG!!!b:angry
    Gear Shattered with Safety Lock ON:
    Players with their Safety Lock ON will no longer drop items due to being killed during player vs. player combat. However, players with Safety Lock ON will be subject of a higher percentage of Gear Shatter (the percentage that upon being killed an item will be shattered).

The percentage that an item will shatter upon being killed in PVP (Safety Lock ON):
    White and Pink name players = 1%
    Light Red players = 2%
    Red players = 3%
    Dark Red players = 4%

so if u are in non-pk mode where u have to hold control down to pk, you get no penalty

Gear Shattered with Safety Lock OFF:
    Players with their Safety Lock OFF will be subject to the normal item drop rules. That is, players who are killed during player versus player combat will still drop items as normal, (See our website for further details on the item drop percentages http://pwi.perfectworld.com/guide/pvp). BUT the % of your gear being shattered is lower.

The percentage that an item will shatter upon being killed in PVP (Safety Lock OFF):
    White and Pink name players = 0%
    Light Red players = 1%
    Red players = 2%
    Dark Red players = 3%

But if your in pk-able mode, where u don't need to hold control if a red name pk's u, you DO suffer a penatly if u die
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Things are a quite a bit different on a PvP server. You get Pk'd all the time as you level up usually by higher levels. I think I have been killed at least 30 times already in just a few weeks. If I had been using GAs that would have been painfully expensive.

I bound my most valuable items my Flying Mount and my nicest armor so I wouldn't have to worry about being killed. Now that is all moot. I hate to imagine what the repair costs on my Flyer would be.
    Ahh good point.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Lets see if i got this straight cause if i do this is TOTALLY WRONG!!!b:angry
    Gear Shattered with Safety Lock ON:
    Players with their Safety Lock ON will no longer drop items due to being killed during player vs. player combat. However, players with Safety Lock ON will be subject of a higher percentage of Gear Shatter (the percentage that upon being killed an item will be shattered).

The percentage that an item will shatter upon being killed in PVP (Safety Lock ON):
    White and Pink name players = 1%
    Light Red players = 2%
    Red players = 3%
    Dark Red players = 4%

so if u are in non-pk mode where u have to hold control down to pk, you get no penalty

Gear Shattered with Safety Lock OFF:
    Players with their Safety Lock OFF will be subject to the normal item drop rules. That is, players who are killed during player versus player combat will still drop items as normal, (See our website for further details on the item drop percentages http://pwi.perfectworld.com/guide/pvp). BUT the % of your gear being shattered is lower.

The percentage that an item will shatter upon being killed in PVP (Safety Lock OFF):
    White and Pink name players = 0%
    Light Red players = 1%
    Red players = 2%
    Dark Red players = 3%

But if your in pk-able mode, where u don't need to hold control if a red name pk's u, you DO suffer a penatly if u die

I'm a little confused x.x; At first I thought this too, but someone pointed out to me that Safety Lock isn't the same as being in or out of PK mode...I think...? Am I wrong here?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
  • Adeacia - Heavens Tear
    Adeacia - Heavens Tear Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Saftey lock is that feature that locks out your ability to do anything with your items. It has nothing to do with pvp protections.
  • Bearleeable - Lost City
    Bearleeable - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I just had a conversation using the new chat system regarding this and here was there reply....

[removed, sorry]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I just had a conversation using the new chat system regarding this and here was there reply....

...why is "Bear" randomly inserted into words? XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.