Shattered Gear

Comments

• vampirenite
    vampirenite Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I just had a conversation using the new chat system regarding this and here was there reply....

LOL, it doesn't surprise me. I bet the person you were chatting with hardly plays/knows the game let alone the effects of the latest patch.

What basically he/she was saying is "I don't have a clue how to answer your question, so I'll pass it off."
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I just had a conversation using the new chat system regarding this and here was there reply....

It is a violation of the forum rules of conduct, and the TOS to post the contents of conversations between a player and PWE. Please remove the text of the conversation.

Here are the links:

http://www.perfectworld.com/about/terms

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=63291

"8. No posting of personal conversations or personal information (from IMs or PMs).
    Topics such as these are considered breaches of privacy. Please refrain from posting such items including, but not limited to, email exchanges with GMs, admins, moderators, PWE Customer Service or personal communications with other members."
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • vampirenite
    edited July 2009
    So Ice ... I know you are on a Carebear server but what is your reason for being a police officer on a topic that clearly has PvP players quite upset?
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    There is a specific line in the ToS stating that conversations between customer support and players should not be posted on the forums. Please be mindful of this, remember GMs who answer customer support tickets are meant to help players with issues, addressing forum issues is what the forum admins are for. If anything I would be careful with abusing the live chat system, as it was put in place to address game concerns and not forum debates
  • Bearleeable - Lost City
    Bearleeable - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Sorry eathwithspoons, was not meant to abuse, and it said bear cause it uses my real name.
    was meant as further frustration. I would've thought as u stated, that it was for us to get help when something is fubar'd or we are confused. Not to tell us to "create a ticket.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eatwithspoons
    edited July 2009
    Sorry eathwithspoons, was not meant to abuse, and it said bear cause it uses my real name.
    was meant as further frustration. I would've thought as u stated, that it was for us to get help when something is fubar'd or we are confused. Not to tell us to "create a ticket.

No worries. When it comes to these new patch issues we should address them here, that's all. Plus this is a crazy day, since live chat just launched there are people who just open tickets to see what happens.
    edited July 2009
    No worries. When it comes to these new patch issues we should address them here, that's all. Plus this is a crazy day, since live chat just launched there are people who just open tickets to see what happens.

ok, then please address them. AS i see it, if you have ur settings so the first 2 are checked and the next one isn't and u get pk'd u suffer no penatly, but if u have all 3 checked u get shattered gear. So a 9x comes and pk's the heck outa 3x, he gets his gear toasted, now he has to fix it but he can't cause he can't afford it, so he can't grind to make money to fix it, so he can't fix it, so now you've got an upset player!!!!!
    While the person who pk'd him suffers absolutely no penalty what so ever.
    Do i have this right?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    ok, then please address them. AS i see it, if you have ur settings so the first 2 are checked and the next one isn't and u get pk'd u suffer no penatly, but if u have all 3 checked u get shattered gear. So a 9x comes and pk's the heck outa 3x, he gets his gear toasted, now he has to fix it but he can't cause he can't afford it, so he can't grind to make money to fix it, so he can't fix it, so now you've got an upset player!!!!!
    While the person who pk'd him suffers absolutely no penalty what so ever.
    Do i have this right?

Safety Lock = PK Protections?

I thought this was the Safety Lock:

2r6jktg.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • hawk
    hawk Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    ok, then please address them. AS i see it, if you have ur settings so the first 2 are checked and the next one isn't and u get pk'd u suffer no penatly, but if u have all 3 checked u get shattered gear.

Can you explain what you're referring to with this part of your post? The only thing that should affect the shattered gear mechanic is whether your safety lock is on or off. And the color of your name, of course.

Am I missing something?
    edited July 2009
    well thats what i thought but no where there does it say to turn the safety on/off. And that only lasts for x minutes. So idk why you would have that set for some crazy number of hours.
    I thought they meant ...
    http://imagebin.ca/view/RHNfOd.html
    http://imagebin.ca/view/hhQs2Bi.html
    and how did u post that pic directly?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    Tigriss - Heavens Tear Posts: 760 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    UM UM UM UM UM UM Both Spoon and Hawk are online. I think its time to go take a nap B4 I get in trouble for spammingb:avoid Oh BTW any way we can get the Bunny emotes from ESO someday??
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
  • hawk
    hawk Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    well thats what i thought but no where there does it say to turn the safety on/off. And that only lasts for x minutes. So idk why you would have that set for some crazy number of hours.
    I thought they meant ...

The safety lock is pretty explicitly covered in the patch notes:
    patchnotes wrote:
    Gear Shattered with Safety Lock ON:
    Players with their Safety Lock ON will no longer drop items due to being killed during player vs. player combat. However, players with Safety Lock ON will be subject of a higher percentage of Gear Shatter (the percentage that upon being killed an item will be shattered).

The percentage that an item will shatter upon being killed in PVP (Safety Lock ON):
    White and Pink name players = 1%
    Light Red players = 2%
    Red players = 3%
    Dark Red players = 4%

Gear Shattered with Safety Lock OFF:
    Players with their Safety Lock OFF will be subject to the normal item drop rules. That is, players who are killed during player versus player combat will still drop items as normal. (See our website for further details on the item drop percentages http://pwi.perfectworld.com/guide/pvp).

The percentage that an item will shatter upon being killed in PVP (Safety Lock OFF):
    White and Pink name players = 0%
    Light Red players = 1%
    Red players = 2%
    Dark Red players = 3%
  • vampirenite
    edited July 2009
    I thought they meant ...

Yes I am confused too. Which one is it the "Safety Lock" that disables pretty much everything you normally want to do in the game with NPCs. or the PK protections?
  • Archers_Soul - Lost City
    Archers_Soul - Lost City Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    either this game is gonna turn out like ********* did when the pvp system got messed up and ppl started leaving. have fun losing your paing costomers GMs. i dont think this game will be seeing my monthly payment of an epic $60 as often b:bye
    I don't care how old or young you are, how small your **** is, how much of a nerd irl you are or how depressed you are that you never will get laid. There is no reason to act like an A-hole to everyone on an mmorpg. Its a shame that I have to take time out of my day to tell people "stop being an A-hole". So I end with this, if your acting like an A-hole, and some one tells you your being an A-hole chances are your being an A-hole.
  • eatwithspoons
    edited July 2009
    Yes I am confused too. Which one is it the "Safety Lock" that disables pretty much everything you normally want to do in the game with NPCs. or the PK protections?

I'm going to get this clarified, I'll post in a bit

EDIT: We're looking into this. Our QA team did a whole bunch of testing regarding this previous to the patch but we're going to check it again just to be sure.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    So Ice ... I know you are on a Carebear server but what is your reason for being a police officer on a topic that clearly has PvP players quite upset?

That is why you do not see me giving advice to the pvpers about how lock affects them, of what not.

However, that does not give a poster the right to violate the TOS. Bringing that up to the attention of the person posting helps that person fix his post.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • vampirenite
    edited July 2009
    Do we have an answer on this yet? Surely someone amongst the GMs know if it is the NPC "Safety Lock" or the PvP protection?

NM, I just saw the Edit by EatWithSpoons. I presume it will be a lengthy explanation.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited July 2009

EDIT: We're looking into this. Our QA team did a whole bunch of testing regarding this previous to the patch but we're going to check it again just to be sure.

I'm waiting with bated breath. =X
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    edited July 2009
    you know several of my friends are bringing up very good points, we are on a pvp server that had xyz rules when we joined. Now all those rules have changed and we are expected to pay an ungodly amount of money to stay safe. Yet, we don't get the option to move our char to another server that is PVE so we don't have to pay this crazy amount.
    LAME!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eatwithspoons
    edited July 2009
    I don't remember Chi Stones being in the boutique, that would lead me to believe that its not an 100% CS requirement? We're still looking into this for everyone, look for a response(possibly tomorrow though).
  • Cbastor - Lost City
    Cbastor - Lost City Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    trying to make more money zzz
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    I don't remember Chi Stones being in the boutique, that would lead me to believe that its not an 100% CS requirement? We're still looking into this for everyone, look for a response(possibly tomorrow though).

The CS requirement that everyone talks about is probably the Guardian Angels people will now have to buy, even if they spent the money to bind their equipment.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited July 2009

Yes, please do, this is important :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eatwithspoons
    edited July 2009
    I'd rather burn some chi stones, but I'm a bad example because I don't do much PVP in this game so I haven't personally experienced this mechanic yet.
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I'd rather burn some chi stones, but I'm a bad example because I don't do much PVP in this game so I haven't personally experienced this mechanic yet.

Yes perhaps. But this isn't totally related to PKers, either.

I almost never PK (I grind, mostly). What I'm more concerned with now is what "Safety Lock" is--I *thought* at first glance it was green shield, i.e. PK protections are on, then I read again and thought Safety Lock = little padlock thingy to protect your account, then I read this thread and have no idea.

I want to know if I'm going to be forced to grind whilst carrying dolls, and if I don't, whether or not I'm going to be an easy target for PKers farming chi stones. <___<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eatwithspoons
    edited July 2009
    The testing is taking a bit longer than I thought because we have a lot on our plates. I'll bug our QAs about it tomorrow, they should be finished with their testing(of this specific thing that was requested) then.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    I almost never PK (I grind, mostly). What I'm more concerned with now is what "Safety Lock" is--I *thought* at first glance it was green shield, i.e. PK protections are on, then I read again and thought Safety Lock = little padlock thingy to protect your account, then I read this thread and have no idea.

Thissssss.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    hmm from what i gather the "safety lock pk" thing is like.. a cheat or glitch or way of bypassing the "red names drop items when theyre pkd" rule. if you have no angels on you i mean.

the safety lock is that thing that disallows you from trading with players, selling **** in the npc, or dropping junk on the floor for a duration of time that the player can change by clicking the little lock under the character pannel
  • vampirenite
    edited July 2009

Well here is my PvP take on it. I play on both PvE and PvP. On PvE I always carry Angels but then I don't get random PK'd so I usually burn GAs only when I personally mess up.

On the PvP server I get random Pk'd all the time, not my fault and if the PK'r is much higher level I stand no chance. So GAs are not affordable. Binding is the right option. But now the value of binding is dramatically reduced.

If the cost of Shattering is minimal say one or 2 cheap Chi stones, that is somewhat ok. But we have yet to see what the Shattering of a 50 Gold Flying Mount is going to cost. Also, being stranded somewhere remote with ridiculously high Teleport costs doesn't sound like much fun when you originally paid lots of Gold for a fast Flyer and binding charms.
    edited July 2009
    can we at least get a claification what settings mean what and where?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.