The New and Improved Bug Report Thread

Comments

• Nyctenaeyr - Heavens Tear
    Nyctenaeyr - Heavens Tear Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    If I have the Friendship pendant and both friendship stones and I take them to the elder and he has no quest for me to repair it and the lady in white cannot repair it, What do I do to finish the quest?
  • Amaneko - Heavens Tear
    Amaneko - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I got a bug on the Heaven's Tear reward book, the one you get after helping Lady Wu (Cult quest). I right-clicked the book and got a system hint, nothing happened after I clicked ok, no exp or sp, nothing. And when I check my quest list, the quest is there with no description or guidance on how to finish the quest. All I see is the reward I'll get after I finish the quest, but how am I supposed to finish it when it doesn't even have a description? I can't even trash the quest because it's greyed out and its really irritating. Cause of this, I got 19 quest slots available instead of 20b:bye.

One more thing to note is that I right-clicked AFTER I talked to the elder in archosaur. Maybe that's the reason for this bug? Can anyone confirm it please?
    And please fix this soon, cause I found someone posting the exact same bug I had on the old bug thread, so I'm pretty sure this isn't just me.
  • Cbastor - Lost City
    Cbastor - Lost City Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    yes , about Rebirth order(GV) i have multiple problems in thier like sometimes the quest dosnt show up at all or the game laggs or somethin not sure ...but the biggest problem is i dont understand how a veno can constantly die and come back yet when our mage died or ep dies they get sent out and they cant tele back in even if we beat the wave
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited July 2009
    There's an area in Secret Passage, south of the Ancient Evil rooms east of Dismal Shade's room, that you can't get out of once you're in without using town portal.
    Can you post a screenshot of this area?
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• Jourious - Sanctuary
    Jourious - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    The NPC you speak to when starting and finishing the World Quest is not listed when looking for New Quests. However, after you speak to him all of the other NPC's show up correctly untill after Book 30 then the mission is not listed again. I first noticed this Three or four days ago and granted I know to speak to him to start and end the quest each day, but those just making lvl 70 may not.

Thank you in advance.
  • Magnificowiz - Dreamweaver
    Magnificowiz - Dreamweaver Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Im not sure if this is a bug or a technical isssue but when i posted it before i didn't get any answers;
    Magnificowiz - Dreamweaver;3086451]Whenever i play PW, every couple of minutes the key board becomes un responsive and hitting the D key enters chat, where i can't enter text. I can temporarily fix this when i play full screen by pressing Esc(replaces start menu button, and minimizes to desktop) If anyone can tell me a reason for this and a permanent remedy for this problem. I will be very grateful.
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    b:surrender Okay so this is huge but its kinda annoying recently there have been several debuff and buff animations that have been bugged out the butt. Heres whats going on sometimes that golden oval come will encompass a character notably barbs and only one person seems to see it at a time speed debuffs and phys debuff effects appear at random with the character is not in any battle or just finished getting resed I can provide a couple screen shots of this if you want. I recently came across that Cleric buff animation that only had 1 floating lady I am not sure if that is normal or not but I had my effects at full and the buff normally has 3 floating ladies.(cannot provide screenshots of that one.)

Heres another one I run the game fullscreen sometimes and I run it at 1024x768 resolution in-game when I tab out of the game it the tab for the game starts blinking orange and when I go back in my resolution has changed to 1680x1050 the smallest for icons so whenever it happens I have to go back into the setup and change the res back and its really annoying.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sugar_cube - Sanctuary
    Sugar_cube - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    mypoorsugs.jpg
    You can clearly see the npc in this one. ><
    My veno has a transparent spot.
    This isnt what i wanted when i purchased the shorts. If this was a known issue then why hasnt it been dealt with yet? I shouldnt have to go and purchase a makeover scroll and change the type of veno I have.
    I am hopefull it will be fixed. o.o
  • Sanraj - Harshlands
    Sanraj - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Hi

Could you please change the image of Friendship Orb?
    Twice it has happened with me that I have mistaken it for Iron Shot and sold it to NPC b:laugh.
    NPC even buys it without any special warning for about 2000 coins.
    A different image for the orb will prevent this issue.

Thanks
  • SWeZapper - Lost City
    SWeZapper - Lost City Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Yeah, im the guy who kinda wants things to happen fast, but always when i press F6 and "5" (That's my mounts shortcut) i stay in the air, it says "Summoning Pet" But that action fails, and i'm going down to the ground. But when im on the ground, my wings wont dissapear, until i move xD

Here's some screenshots.

http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/2021/20090630144253.png

"Fly Panther, Fly"
    http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/777/20090630144203.png

I also found out that u could do this thing under the water,

http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/9682/20090714083004.png

http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/4671/20090714083008.png

I just wanted to show u guys if u are gonna change this glitch in the next maintenance or the new patch.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    This is a bug that has caused multiple problems for our buffers during TW. If you are buffing a character while they are entering a separate instance / teleporting away / logging off your game will crash with the "Report Bug" window.

I am bringing it up here as it has caused multiple problems for clerics.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Weaselsilent - Sanctuary
    Weaselsilent - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    yes i am a cleric and i have been dc'd many times with report bugs, also i'm not sure if you are aware of this but not only does our magic defence buff go away if it is buffed over before time, if a lower level cleric with say magic shell level 3 buffs me, and then i use magic shell level 10 over it, my magic defence does not go up and i stay with the level 3 buff, however all other buffs are able to buff over.
  • ViceVersa - Heavens Tear
    ViceVersa - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    This is a bug that has caused multiple problems for our buffers during TW. If you are buffing a character while they are entering a separate instance / teleporting away / logging off your game will crash with the "Report Bug" window.

I am bringing it up here as it has caused multiple problems for clerics.
    I too have encountered this problem during TW's, let me explain into detail.

If someone has set up a binding point and they are running into the binding port at HQ and you are buffing them the client crashes, shuts down and you get an error report screen.

I have submitted a detailed text of the actual problem, yet i never get anything back to state whether or not this is actually been sorted out or not.

It's getting damn right annoying now, as it's even started to happen when entering caves ect, you go to buff, they run into cave, game client crashes.

It is happening to me a good 50 to 70 times a week now, please please please get this sorted, or every time it happens i'll just spam tech support until it does get sorted, i mean it, every single time my client crashes i will submit a ticket, after ticket, after ticket, maybe then you guys will actually do something about it.

Thank you in advance but please do look into this

ViceVersa
  • Drazo - Dreamweaver
    Drazo - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,187 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    While flying on my dragon grinding some Terrestrial Foxwings (above City of Misfortune) for some reason (which I cannot remember exactly what I did but it was general usage) my dragon started rising uncontrollably. I tried relogging but it didn't fix it - after getting on my dragon again it still would constantly rise uncontrollably. I manage to stop it finally after fighting with the controls a bit again.

Very annoying indeed.
    Non-mule characters:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]....and Drazomyst.
  • Aurorie - Dreamweaver
    Aurorie - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I was just wondering if your staff was had any plans of addressing the level 85 quest "Volcanic Ambassador" Quest which seems to be bugged for a large population of players. For myself, and many others that I know, the find quest tab states that I should be able to receive "Volcanic Ambassador" Quest from Immolation Leader.

However, the Immolation leader has no yellow shield above his head, and will not offer the quest when clicked on under quests~. I have confirmed that myself and others have completed the pre-req. quest (killing firebath pheonix) in order to receive this quest.

As far as I know this issue has been around for a while... any plans to fix? Pretty please :)

*Edit: adding screenshot~
    http://i618.photobucket.com/albums/tt270/sbs22ufl/temp/Bug-2.jpg
  • Arshies - Sanctuary
    Arshies - Sanctuary Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Wraiths advice from Hidden Orchid is bugged at least at Sanctuary server they never respawn and fly pet stay stunt into the ground -.-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Arshies - Sanctuary
  • chofmo1
    chofmo1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    same thing happens with my nix, it gets stuck on rocks bumps etc when attacking on the ground. maybe you all should look at this problem, happens way too often. and to the prior postre yes it happens even with a pheonix and really shouldn't with what it cost me
  • homerthekinguk
    homerthekinguk Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I logged bk in ealier after playing today, and once i started to kill mobs i had 91k on my HP charm, and with 3 ticks it was down to 19k hp left, NOW i know this isnt right, it came out of one of the boxes in the boutique, have had a few other people say the charms have been ticking way to high.
    Please could u let me know what the **** is happening please. b:angry b:cry b:angry b:cry
  • aspired0
    aspired0 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    i need to find out why when i loged in i had lost all my xp i got for the day (80%) and i lost the 27k i had in my inv
  • abatrour1
    abatrour1 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Hi, i was completing a quest outside the city of plume. I had to kill 25 wolves and turn the quest into Guardian Feng at (304,344,21)

My inventory was full before I turned in the quest and it glitched out. The quest is blank now and it won't let me hand it in and it won't let me trash it either.

I would post my screenshot but I have no place to host it.
  • cuthebert
    cuthebert Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Since switching to widescreen my map is all funky. Top is cut off, and when you auto map to somewhere the dot at the end doesn't line up. I am running at 1680*1050.

20090728101208.png
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    b:chuckle K I got one more I don't know if its been reported yet I haven't seen it b:surrender and a ticket I don't think would be appropriate.

There is a bug with WQ recently not like since the patch but before it quest finder in the second find quest menu lets you auto path to all of the other points except for the final one where you are turning it in and it doesn't show up on active quests either.

b:thanks I don't mind it much cause I know were to go from there back to arch to turn it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cleon - Harshlands
    Cleon - Harshlands Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Surtr wrote: »
    Well, since you asked so nicely, OK. Just for you. b:chuckle

Thank you, kind sir.

One quick question (or two :), how much memory should PWI be using?

When I'm in arch the usage goes trough the roof and goes up to a 1 gb, but normally it is about 4-600mb.

Is there a memory leak that followed the genie patch?

Also a nice feature would be the ability to disable the genies, they are still there but you can't see them = they don't hog the memory.

edit: i'm seeing way much more memory consumption after the latest patch also, when i did GV before they game would run smoothly without any problems, but know at the end of GV (3 hours of playing or so) the game starts to have graphics lag and even if i run in a lower resolution and with minimal effects it's still is lagging.

note: I haven't changed my computer, OS, settings or anything from the latest patch.
  • Kasama - Lost City
    Kasama - Lost City Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    There seems to be something wrong with the transparent code or something..
    The Phoenix pet, Seraphic Mist and Watcher of the Skies (are the ones i've seen so far that) aren't transparent any more.. You use to be able to see through them.. But since the big patch this changed..
  • Cleon - Harshlands
    Cleon - Harshlands Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    With the latest patch, I can't sometimes fly up straight (by press and holding the space bar). I go up a little then i get "glitched" back down to the same spot, I'm guessing this is a anti jumping **** or something like that but it's also stopping me from flying straight up.

I have a Swiftshadow as a flying pet, and this happens only (the only time I have noticed it so far) when i jump up on the flying pet and try to fly up from the ground.
  • Xenaaah - Heavens Tear
    Xenaaah - Heavens Tear Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Well I've seen players walking on air (been told by players it's an old problem.) I get struck by lightning and get no damage. There's no one around when this happens. Several times while mob hunting tauroc valorians and similiar mobs I would hit like a invisible wall and couldn't move forward. I had to back up and go around. It was near trees. Maybe the tree object glitched and extended too far out?
  • Dinath - Sanctuary
    Dinath - Sanctuary Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    As mentioned above the wings have lost their transparency, I had made a thread about it :
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=365451

I'm also experiencing the Jumping glitch, when I jump while running and/or riding my mount I sortof lag and go back 3 - 4 m. I only lag in archo usually and it's never happened like this before the patch, but now it's every day. Happens to my boyfriend too (on a different computer with quad core processor, he NEVER lags..)

I've also noticed alot of mobs are missing from TT. So far we've run 1-3 and 2-2 and our veno doesn't even have to pull anymore .. I knew about the bridge being replace in 2-2, but mobs missing ? (I don't think that was mentionned) b:surrender

and also, the quest for the drum fragment in TT 1-2. (I know this has been covered in other threads, but I still have the fragment in my bank)

Last but not least, THANK YOU for the new wardrobe b:cute
    I really enjoy this feature! (no glitches or bugs, just wanted to add a thanks to my post)
  • imogeneko
    imogeneko Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I am also having a problem with the getting glitched down to the ground after activating flying on my crimson bird then flying up, happens numerous times duirng WQ and just today when I was trying to flee from too many mobs I took on by activating fly and going up, it stuck me back to the ground where I died to about 10 mobs and lost a GA. I hope this gets fixed because it never happened in before this patch.
  • thedicemaster
    thedicemaster Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    haven't seen anything about this, but reading through 4000 topics and 150 pages here is a bit too much so i might've missed it.

when creating a character(in my case a male wing elf archer) i selected a preset design from the list on the right.
    after adjusting some things about the preset i didn't like, i accepted and everthing i didn't adjust myself was promptly reverted to the default.
    i tried it again 2 times but instead of accepting i saved in the preset lists, but both times part of the character also reverted to the default.

it's quite annoying because i couldn't find the haircut i wanted in the hair list.

now this isn't just a new bug, when i played a bit on the malaysian server(before this server existed i think) i had similar problems.
  • Fiendishkit - Heavens Tear
    Fiendishkit - Heavens Tear Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    something i've noticed with a few certain mounts not having some of their glows placed on them Dx

Nienbeast on Pwi:
    http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a345/kakashiluv/d.png

Image from ecatomb:
    http://ecatomb.net/cash%20shop/mount/Demon.jpg

Misplaced glows inside nien's head: http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a345/kakashiluv/c-1.png

Hellhound on pwi:
    http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a345/kakashiluv/f.png

Image from ecatomb:
    http://ecatomb.net/cash%20shop/mount/NetherDepth%20Wolf.jpg

Misplaced glow on HH: http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a345/kakashiluv/e.png

Purgatory lion lord on Pwi:
    http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a345/kakashiluv/b-2.png

Image from ecatomb:
    http://ecatomb.net/cash%20shop/mount/Inferno%20King%20Leo.jpg

Misplaced glow on lion: http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a345/kakashiluv/a-3.png

Not sure what could exactly cause their glows to get moved, but is this something fix-able? D: (looked forward to having lion with zombie eyes)
This discussion has been closed.